What do you guys think of this Dallas line?

Tito

The Salty Dog
I just feel like a sucker when I think of playing the Cowboys here.
I read that Sports Insights has 89% on the Boys, which usually can spell doom.
Now, I realize the Browns were great at home last year, is that the reason for the low line?

Help me here...

Tito. I have the Brownies as a lean right now but I dont think I'm going to play them unless the line moves to +7. The Browns have some injuries. On the other hand, I don't know if Dallas has improved that much defending the pass. The word is they have but you know how that goes.

Anyways, I'm looking for +7 but might even take a +6 on this game or I'll pass.

Hey Tito. I like that Sportsinsights website. They have changed it DRAMATICALLY. I went against the grain all season for baseball and I'm having a pretty good season. (although July was a disaster) I think it's a lil early go on the Insights Info, since there are only 13,000 wagers placed on the game so far. I think a normal NFL game gets about 60,000 wagers. But you are right, early lean would be toward Cleveland.

I have been--and believe me, this hurts me to even think, let alone say--too busy to watch any preseason anything.

I know next to nothing about, well, any NFL anything right now.

With that said, this Sunday, Joe Public WILL MONEYLINE THE BROWNS.

Woof. Woof.

Probably a shootout and think DAL wins but +3.5 or better is nice value on CLE. The Browns were a disaster in the preseason which scares me but as long as they can move the ball they have a chance IMO . Though put with JP as I cant believe its football time !

I do feel I should clarify just a bit, my wager will probably be for like a half a unit. It won't be big as I honestly couldn't even tell you the results of any of the Dawgs' preseason outings.

I think Wade Phillips is a dope and his team will suffer from that

I def wont play the Browns here, but this line doesn't make sense.

Joe P, are you going to do the Hilton for fun again?

Though I do think Dallas will win, I wouldnt play Dallas unless you can get it down to 3.

Dallas special teams tackling has been terrible in preseason, I can sleep at night knowing Cribbs prolly wont play.

Joe P, are you going to do the Hilton for fun again?

OH S**T.

Thanks for reminding me. I need to find someone to take that over. I won't have time to manage that this year.

What's DA' status? As well as Braylon? How about Jamal Lewis?

All along with Cribbs seem to be suffering from some sort of injury?

What's DA' status? As well as Braylon? How about Jamal Lewis?

All along with Cribbs seem to be suffering from some sort of injury?
Braylon and DA both practiced....both should play acc to Crennel...only thing would keep DA out is if the sunlight give him headaches..

Lewis, McGinnest and Jones will all likely play as well..

Looks like Brodney Pool won't and most likely Cribbs won't

Cribbs is a huge loss IMO if he doesn't go...his special teams could be the difference in not covering vs a team like Dallas..

Cribbs was in a walking boot until a few days ago. He said his left ankle, which he sprained during a pileup against the Giants, has responded well to treatment. The Browns, though, may be overly cautious with the versatile Cribbs, who returned two kickoffs and one punt for TDs last season.
They'd rather have Cribbs as close to 100 percent as possible for their Week 2 matchup against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
"I'm doing everything I can do to get back out there on the field," said Cribbs. "But it's not up to me. They're going to do what's best for me and the program. I want to be out there with my team. It was so hard in preseason sitting down watching. Where they're coming from is we've got 15 other games after this. If you're not ready, you're not ready, if you are, you are. They're going to make an assessment as the week progresses."

Dammit, I forgot week two is Pittsburgh.

Well, still worth a small play, though.

Week Two, however, get it while it's hot. Go Browns.

Let the public and the people who read too much into preseason results drive it to 7. Maybe even 7.5 if lucky. I won't take this until Sunday morning at the earliest.

I like the over, Cleve has way too much hype on them. All of there stars have been hurt, and the thought of seeing Qinn playing = over. I see a 27-24 with a late backdoor cover

i'm starting to think this line is more on the hype of the Browns and their home record, i just don't see it - i will be on the boys

if i see 7.5 i'm gonna take the browns, especially with the AFC-NFC thing working here...not sure if i'll take anything else

Braylon and DA both practiced....both should play acc to Crennel...only thing would keep DA out is if the sunlight give him headaches..

Lewis, McGinnest and Jones will all likely play as well..

Looks like Brodney Pool won't and most likely Cribbs won't

Cribbs is a huge loss IMO if he doesn't go...his special teams could be the difference in not covering vs a team like Dallas..

you're right jump according to phil savage's press conference... one thing to definitely keep an eye on is the o-line. friedman on IR, tucker out for 4-6 wks, and now hadnot is OUT for this dallas game. mckinney will fill in fine, as he started last year, but the o-line can't really afford an injury right now with friedman, hadnot, and tucker all unavailable....

to add to jump's info...

sean jones, mcginest (like it matters), peek, j lewis, DA, braylon all are good to go...

hadnot, cribbs, and poole are most likely going to sit out ...poole being the most likely of the 3 to play; cribbs 2nd most likely

cribbs made it sound like in his quotes to the PD that he was more of a gametime decision, so i'm thinkin he may see some limited action, but it sure didn't sound like he was returning all of the kicks...this is obviously a tough loss for the browns, but not as much as people would think. as mentioned before, they have some guys that an step in and be explosive in the return game...the return game isn't ALL about the return man either keep in mind. steptoe and mcdonald will fill in nicely.

sorry for some redundant info...but wanted to add a little

i happen to think this line will settle back down. i'm shocked that it went to 5.5 and maybe it had a lot to do with the injury questions...i definitely don't see it going to 7...that would be one of the most idiotic moves i've seen in a while from the books...i have a feeling it settles back down at about 4

Broadway- you really think it hits 4 again? I like the Cowboys in this one, but wouldn't you agree 5 is a very meaningless number...therefore, if I'm o the Cowboys 4.5 doesn't mean squat to me either....so, do you think I should take it at 5.5 in case it does hit 6, or just wait until game time and hit it?

Let the public and the people who read too much into preseason results drive it to 7. Maybe even 7.5 if lucky. I won't take this until Sunday morning at the earliest.

Theyre getting plenty of Dallas action right now. What may happen, is the line could get frozen here at 5.5 - 6 - and early sunday I wouldnt be surprised to see it fall to 5.

The only way it gets to 7-7.5 is if D Anderson doesnt go. He's supposedly starting as of now.

I go back and forth here but, I'm def not playing the Boys here - i think the over might be a play if anything

Back