What Do You Guys Think about the NBA Suspending Randolph for Game 7

tazz

blankets refugee
i think it`s an absolute joke....they are gifting the game to oklahoma...this has been a great series and for them to suspend him for that is a joke...van gundy said as much...these guys played 82 regular season games and then have played a great 6 game series so far and then you suspend the grizz leading scorer

nba messed up there..what you guys think

WTF??!!

Z-Bo was a dumbass for forcing the league to suspend him. I don't know why it's for one game only.

He made a pussy move, coming from behind on Adams and punching him. I really think the league should me much much harder on such cheap shots...

Was disgusting to see...

Why is he suspended?
Zach Randolph has been suspended one game by the NBA for punching Steven Adams in Game 6.

Wow. The incident came in the fourth quarter during the blowout and this is a huge blow to the Grizzlies for their Game 7 matchup in Oklahoma City on Saturday. Randolph has been fairly consistent in his six games this postseason, averaging 18.2 points, 8.7 boards, 0.8 steals and 0.2 blocks on 40.4 percent from the field. With Z-Bo out, the Grizzlies will likely go smaller with James Johnson likely to get some extra run off the bench while Mike Miller will have to come up big. Ed Davis will likely get the start. Additionally, Mike Conley (hamstring) not at 100 percent puts Memphis in a tough spot. The video of the punch is attached in the link below.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/originals/2014/05/02/randolph-video.nba/index.html

i think it`s an absolute joke....they are gifting the game to oklahoma...this has been a great series and for them to suspend him for that is a joke...van gundy said as much...these guys played 82 regular season games and then have played a great 6 game series so far and then you suspend the grizz leading scorer

nba messed up there..what you guys think

Van gundy is a joke..,

the rule is cut and dry.. Leaves nothing up to opinion

Was a tap but calls for a suspension nonetheless.

Should of let them duke it out in the carpark, Adams would have kicked his ass. Dude got a great right hook like his sister.

Playoffs a better place with OKC in it, money to be made if they play the Spurs.

If the Grizz hit their FT's, they wouldn't be playing in a Game 7 or have had to play a Game 6 for that matter.

Really suspicious they want to play by the letter of the law with ZBo but not Paul George

It sucks he is suspended because it basically gifts the game to the Thunder but the rule is pretty cut and dry.

hey guys...ya, i just would've liked to see a full roster for both teams go at each other in game 7....and it is true that kd and westbrook is more exciting basketball than the grind it out grizz

5 game 7's is great...going to a kentucky derby party in a bit...great weekend of sports...lets win some money fellas

nba is a star driven league...individual sport almost in a lot of ways....players dictate a lot of things. Some coaches don't last because a star player doesn't like you..

what league is not interested in that?

except the NHL

Well yes they all are, NHL included. Why would you say the NHL isn't?

That's not the point though...the point is that the NBA is more concerned with selling tickets/jerseys than they are with the integrity of the league/games. There's no way that half of the officials would still be in the league if that weren't the case....they bring in the 'fixers' to officiate a game when they have to.

except the NHL[/QUOTE]

dumb fucking statement- i know you have never been to a game or even watched one - guaranteed more fans wearing nhl gear than at a basketball game!!!

That's not the point though...the point is that the NBA is more concerned with selling tickets/jerseys than they are with the integrity of the league/games. There's no way that half of the officials would still be in the league if that weren't the case....they bring in the 'fixers' to officiate a game when they have to.

:shake:

except the NHL[/QUOTE]

dumb fucking statement- i know you have never been to a game or even watched one - guaranteed more fans wearing nhl gear than at a basketball game!!!

I was talking more about how the NHL does not have the same exposure in the US as the other leagues and the league seems to be content with it. That is what I meant.

I was talking more about how the NHL does not have the same exposure in the US as the other leagues and the league seems to be content with it. That is what I meant.

It's not that they are content with it as much as it has to do with it being hockey, which is played on ice. It's pretty much a cold weather city sport for the most part. The NHL does, in fact, care about it though (exposure) as evidenced by teams in Carolina, Dallas, Florida (2 teams), Arizona, Nashville. There's only so much you can do though when, again, the sport is hockey and it's so much more conducive for a cold weather climate.

Pussy shot by Z-bo. Now he gets to watch a game 7 at home.

zach-randolph-1_medium.gif

+1

NHL averages more attendance per game than the NBA.....

Yet the NHL playoffs are on NBC Sports Network and the NBA playoffs have multiple networks vying for their games. NBA worldwide is a much bigger sport, based on stars as Lareux mentioned. Most "sports fans" can't even name 10 hockey players let alone care about the sport as a whole.

Memphis just can't catch a break before Game 7:
Updating a previous report, Tony Allen is questionable to play on Saturday due to an eye injury he suffered in Game 6.

Allen's eye was scratched by Caron Butler and he awoke on Saturday with swelling, which the Grizzlies hope will respond to treatment. His availability is uncertain and his absence would be dreadful news for a Memphis team already playing without suspended Zach Randolph. Mike Miller, James Johnson and Courtney Lee would likely all pick up more minutes if Allen's eye forces him to the sidelines.

thug life cost his team a chance

now Conley and TA are not 100%

regret for no close out at home...see u next year Grizz

Back