Dolphins 33 Pats 20
Titans 26 Chiefs 10

I think it's important to take a lot from week 1 but also not overreact

some week 1 scores from last year

49ers 28 Cowboys 17
Dolphins 33 Pats 20
Titans 26 Chiefs 10

i feel it takes 4, 5, or even 6 weeks to really know a team

I remember after that Chiefs/Pats game last year, Espn spent the next week talking about how Pats are done and Brady should be replaced

Same Dallas team.....they get off to slow starts in1H @ home

Also impressed with Broncos D & pass rush

Last edited:
I learned that somehow the Browns are even worse then the 0-16 season that I think is possible

In spite of a ton of mistakes, Nick Foles showed some guts to overcome. Oline surprising gave him time. The running game was without Mason and Gurley. Brian Quick was out as well. For a team to not have 3 of their top weapons available could say something about what is to come.

that the time management skills of coughlin and the gmen is flat out pathetic...

that they only X Dez will be throwing up is the X....ray

that Pete Carroll outsmarted himself into a bad loss and now could face 0-2 with the Pack on deck...

Not going to take much from the Sunday nighter....that game equated to a basketball game with very little flow -- Cowboys did manage to find some flow late in the game in the absence of Dez Bryant.

I watched more of the less-sexy games this morning -- Panthers v. Jaguars was a dandy....Cam Newton didn't play exceptionally well but he made some very huge plays on 3rd down when he was in a lot of trouble. The Jaguars defense is something to take note of as they should of stopped the Panthers on multiple 3rd downs but failed to make a tackle on big Cam. Against a less mobile quarter back perhaps Blake Bortles get more time on the field. Speaking of the Jags offense, I thought their run-game was solid but they had a horrible day through the air. Bortles threw 40 times, so they took their chances in the air in a game that I feel they could of won on the ground.

Carolina has a better-than average defense but did play the game without Kuechly who concussed himself early. But the poor Jaguars, who take on Miami at home next weekend in what could be considered a winnable game, play their first two road games against the Pats and Colts. They could be faced with a quick 0-4 start record wise, but I doubt they go 0-4 ATS.

I feel that after Week 1 you cannot overreact to a teams performance, and as others have mentioned previously it does take a few weeks to get a feel for a team.

Best of luck with the capping this week fellas!

Broken bone for Dez out 4-6 Weeks...

how long do you guys give the gmen and rad tad manning before the west coast offense is considered a fail for that team?

braves when gambling losing is not a bad thing its sound crazy but its the truth but you better learn something from your loss my god is OAKLAND/JACK/a few other teams bad unreal these are teams that if you bet and lose you should not complain

these are teams nobody has any buss on betting sure there going to win here and there but BOL trying to catch the right week

who knows, i know there was concern at the QB position and getting him the ball. but he got Zero touches, not even a reverse or anything.
as far as his health, he was on the filed all day and his hamstring wasn't an issue.

I think i learned that Seattle Defense is missing something more than even Cam Chancellor. They will continue to struggle on the road, and i wouldnt be surprised if they lose a couple at home this year.

Also learned the Gmen dont have the killer instinct and will likely be 6-10 or 7-9... They may have the worst pass rush the league has seen in years.

I learned Eli is a dumb ass telling Jennings to not score and stop at the half yard line. WTF was he thinking? But I can't be too hard on Eli he has two super bowl rings both times beating the mighty Pats.

Vegas won again.

Bills could potentially have an all-world defense in the making.

Dallas are still the worst home fave in the league (8-26 ATS since 2010).

Peyton is slowly dying.

Learned that Chip Kelly is an idiot.

FG kicker struggled in preseason and a FG only had you up by 2. ATL had all timeouts and 2 min conversion. Way better to go for it and milk clock so ATL doesn't get ball back and kick a FG. Bryant is automatic at 40-48. Philly passing game was unstoppable, ATL was getting no rush.

Lost a lot of respect for Kelly.

Vegas won again.

Bills could potentially have an all-world defense in the making.

Dallas are still the worst home fave in the league (8-26 ATS since 2010).

Peyton is slowly dying.

I read Vegas got smoked on Sunday.

They probably did very well last night

Propaganda. Aside from Green Bay and Miami, Vegas did real well knowing the heaviest bet games are the primetime tilts.

Majority of big spread moves shit the bed.

FG kicker struggled in preseason and a FG only had you up by 2. ATL had all timeouts and 2 min conversion. Way better to go for it and milk clock so ATL doesn't get ball back and kick a FG. Bryant is automatic at 40-48. Philly passing game was unstoppable, ATL was getting no rush.

Loss on Chip and that D, that being said saw enough to know the Birds will be there come playoff football. Dez injury gives them the strong inside track for the NFC lEast.

Ya WTF? with the NFL Field Goal kickers? with these guys "It's Not Just a Job, It's An Adventure". the college kids it's understandable BUT these slugs even WORSE!!! found myself screaming "For Another Million Dollars Could You KICK the ball THRU?"

btw, the Vikings STINK at ALL aspects of the game of football

If the Yahoo pick percentages have any correlation to Vegas betting then it was a good week for the public.

Indy -2.5 76% loss
Green Bay -6.5 85% WIN
Seattle -4 74% loss
NYJets -3 65% WIN
Miami -3.5 81% WIN
Carolina -3 70% WIN
KC +1 57% WIN
Arizona -2.5 61% WIN
San Diego -3 59% WIN
Denver -4.5 73% WIN
Cincy -3.5 66% WIN
Tampa -3 61% loss

9-3 Sunday Afternoon

On the other hand, if the prime time games get more action, Vegas recouped nicely

Dallas -6 65% loss
Philly -3 68% loss
Minny -2.5 51% loss

I would expect that Week 2 is one of the better weeks to bet against the public, who will tend to overreact to Week 1 results. Especially interested in teams the public doesn't like that are looking for a bounce back win against teams that won in week 1. That would be Chicago, Cleveland, Washington, Houston, Jacksonville and Seattle. Will be taking a hard look at those teams.

Last edited:
Vikings are a hot mess, Gronk is unstoppable,Jets suck, Oakland is a hot mess,Jonny turnover manzel,giants need Victor Cruz or somebody needs to step up,greenbay is beatable this year,Phillip Rivers finds ways to win, wtf is up with Saints( any weapons on that team),Dolphins can't score, Peyton is old as shit,is minny that bad cause niners still can't score but Mangeni taken over at defense, Demotco Murray, coaching is key in NFL hence Bill Bellichick.. Lmfao at that Jonny Winston at qb ,tbay lol, titans might catch teams sleeping,chiefs look better, colts actually suck, Bills d is crazy not sold on there o yet, game of the week bills and Pat s

In spite of a ton of mistakes, Nick Foles showed some guts to overcome. Oline surprising gave him time. The running game was without Mason and Gurley. Brian Quick was out as well. For a team to not have 3 of their top weapons available could say something about what is to come.

was quick not a healthy scratch?

Vikings are a hot mess, Gronk is unstoppable,Jets suck, Oakland is a hot mess,Jonny turnover manzel,giants need Victor Cruz or somebody needs to step up,greenbay is beatable this year,Phillip Rivers finds ways to win, wtf is up with Saints( any weapons on that team),Dolphins can't score, Peyton is old as shit,is minny that bad cause niners still can't score but Mangeni taken over at defense, Demotco Murray, coaching is key in NFL hence Bill Bellichick.. Lmfao at that Jonny Winston at qb ,tbay lol, titans might catch teams sleeping,chiefs look better, colts actually suck, Bills d is crazy not sold on there o yet, game of the week bills and Pat s

Jets suck?

Personal opinion gabe unfortunately, see a ton of jets around here not sure why..not from new York and b huge Yankee fan ..similar

I don't love chip at all, but no NFL coach is passing up a makeable, lead-changing FG with 2:43 left. Sorry that's insane

I don't love chip at all, but no NFL coach is passing up a makeable, lead-changing FG with 2:43 left. Sorry that's insane

Guaranteed a smart coach would. Let's say you make the Eagles make the FG, you are letting ATL have the ball last, you are giving ATL control of the game. 44yd FG with a kicker we all know struggled in the preseason on the road is not that makeable of kick.

Scenarios
Go for FG: Make it, go up by 2 and give ATL the ball with 2+ mins left with 2 min warning and all TO's left and only needing a FG to win. Miss it and you're basically screwed.

Go for 1st down: Make it and you can get TD and go up by 6 points or go for 2 and go up by 7 which would make ATL have to score a TD just to tie or win or get first down and take time off clock and make ATL lose all timeouts and likely get a much more makeable FG.

It's a no brainer. Going for it gives you the best possible way of winning. What should of happened was a pass on 3rd down, those short passes were working all game. Chip Kelly blew it for his team by making an asinine decision to go for a FG.

Even if the guy makes the FG, ATL still has ball with 2 mins left and only needing a FG.
Go for 1st down

Guaranteed a smart coach would. Let's say you make the Eagles make the FG, you are letting ATL have the ball last, you are giving ATL control of the game. 44yd FG with a kicker we all know struggled in the preseason on the road is not that makeable of kick.

Scenarios
Go for FG: Make it, go up by 2 and give ATL the ball with 2+ mins left with 2 min warning and all TO's left and only needing a FG to win. Miss it and you're basically screwed.

Go for 1st down: Make it and you can get TD and go up by 6 points or go for 2 and go up by 7 which would make ATL have to score a TD just to tie or win or get first down and take time off clock and make ATL lose all timeouts and likely get a much more makeable FG.

It's a no brainer. Going for it gives you the best possible way of winning. What should of happened was a pass on 3rd down, those short passes were working all game. Chip Kelly blew it for his team by making an asinine decision to go for a FG.

Even if the guy makes the FG, ATL still has ball with 2 mins left and only needing a FG.
Go for 1st down

but if they don't get the first then what? I forget what the yardage was, but was the probability of the fg being made greater or less than the first down occurring?

i'm just picking brain, as a bettor I wanted them to go for it, fg didn't do me any good but if they dont' get the first down you gotta get out and stop them..if you stop them (i think they had 3 TO + 2 mins) that would leave with you just under 2 mins after a punt? short passes and two minute drill to the outside works, but he everytime I saw a completion it was to the middle of the field.

Back