• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

What did we LEARN CHAMPIONSHIP WEEKEND?

Sammy Meatballs

Sammy Meatballs? Never Heard of Her
We learned the NFL is pretty damn sad these days with some pretty pathetic offenses going.

We also learned the following which i will update.

Larry fitzgerald is the best receiver in the game, if the use his height he is unstoppable because he only catches with his hands, so high low to the left, to the right, he can catch it over any DB in the air real easy.

Zona D is not a SUPERBOWL D-- ROD HOOD is slow as hell, Kevin Curtis was open on him all day long deep. Pass rush is an issue also sometimes they get no pressure--

Pittsburgh Offensive LINE HOLDS and NEVER EVER GETS CALLED, do you expect me to believe that BIG BEN is scrambling all day long and NO ONE IS HOLDING?

WILLY PARKER what is up with this guy? If he cannot hit the BIG RUN, he is basically a JOKE in the leauge, he is Super SOFT and cannot get any tough runs, so many negative or no gain runs-

Steelers covers at home are always due to a late TURNOVER by Palamulu who returns an INT for a TD-- They cant cover the easy way at home-

Zona if they are not getting the ball to Larry Fitzgerald will get beaten good, as no offense but BOLDIN is easy to cover he is fat and slow, he is not even in Fitzgeralds league.

Mike TOMLIN is a horrible coach, just horrible, running WIlly parker all day vs Ravens even though the ravens own him, where was MELDWEDE MOORE and Fred RUSSEL, much better running backs, Willy Parker is complete shit as a running back. He is not a tough running back, if you notice his fumble he dropped the ball when he saw Ray LEWIS.

IMO Steelers beat Sandiego and a tough Ravens team, Steelers deserve credit for their wins.

The Cards beat a rookie Atlanta team, a Pathetic Carolina team and a DECENT Philly team, Philly had a tough Defense that played with HEART, but thier receivers stunk as they always dropped the ball in key times. I will give Zona some credit with their first half as Warner moved it all over philly, but in reality Philly D was not that great--

Thier linebackers were shit compared to Pitts, thier pass rush was not that good, Philly had a good secondary and that is it.

Pitts D is clearly the talk of this league, they have shut down teams pretty easily-

PANDA said it right, too many good players on Defense and experienced on PITTS--

Line is about right at -6.5---

usually this line is -9.5 around, superbowl favorites are always higher--

If DOG Covers they win outright a lot------

TOMLIN coaching and playcalling was legendarily possibly the worst, I mean they nearly lost this game to a QB and team who did nothing on offfense-

Cards have the right recipe to beat PITTS, spread them out and throw it 50 times, dont even run one single time, just throw thrwo throw throw throw and you will beat Pitts. It is the only way--

You need to run a hurry up pass pass pass pass offense, it will tire out PItts pass rushers and their secondary may not hold up--

i know that PItts wont let Fitzgerald beat them, they will hit him and cover him-

Philly D was small and undersized, and not super athletic, PITTS has maniacs on Defense, when they were blitzing FLACCO they were coming in like they were running out of a building that was on fire.

Sammy, Willie Parker won these guys a Super Bowl vs Seattle and will probably matchup real well against Zona's D. Zona has no shot in this game.

Sammy, Willie Parker won these guys a Super Bowl vs Seattle and will probably matchup real well against Zona's D. Zona has no shot in this game.

I do agree that Willy might do something vs ZONA D, because they are not really strong.

I also do agree that this is bad matchup for ZONA--

IMO this could be an easy win for PITTS---

IF ward is healthy is key with CLARK---

Take away FITZGERALD, put 2 guys on him at the line and press him, like covering a PUNT and you WIN the game-- other receivers will not win.:smiley_acbe:

What did I learn this championship weekend? I learned no matter how big the game is, no matter how much is at stake (superbowl, etc), there will always be dumb UNDISCIPLINED mother fuckers out there that just don't get it.

I'm talking about the Baltimore Raven on special teams that fucked up his team's field position late in the game. Had he not made that stupid mistake, the Ravens would have been only about 25 yards from long field goal range. And they just about got those yards on the Todd Heap play shortly after. I'm sure they'll be people saying "well that's not what lost them the game", "that's not the reason they lost" yada yada yada. How do you know that? Nobody does. And you'll never know. Had the Ravens kicked a fg there, who knows if Pitt wins. Maybe Pitt drives down for the winning score, who knows? But I just hate when I see stupid ass players like that.

What did I learn this championship weekend? I learned no matter how big the game is, no matter how much is at stake (superbowl, etc), there will always be dumb UNDISCIPLINED mother fuckers out there that just don't get it.

I'm talking about the Baltimore Raven on special teams that fucked up his team's field position late in the game. Had he not made that stupid mistake, the Ravens would have been only about 25 yards from long field goal range. And they just about got those yards on the Todd Heap play shortly after. I'm sure they'll be people saying "well that's not what lost them the game", "that's not the reason they lost" yada yada yada. How do you know that? Nobody does. And you'll never know. Had the Ravens kicked a fg there, who knows if Pitt wins. Maybe Pitt drives down for the winning score, who knows? But I just hate when I see stupid ass players like that.

I think the Ravens could ahve won the game there if that guy didnt make that flag--

It seemed to be that TOMLIN was completely rattled and had a brain cramp, it was like he froze and wanted to go home, like a guy asking a hot girl out on a date and he just freezes, he completely froze in this game, if Ravens scored there I am not sure Pitts drives down for the late fgoal.

You could say ward was hurt and Steelers wanted to win the game on defense but why the fuck was WIMPY WILLY PARKER running all game when he did nothing? How many runs do RAVENS give over 10 yards?
PARKER is a home run runningback, useless vs the ravens, MOORE was a much better choice, he can actually run for hard yards--

TOMLIN does concern me.

We learned that fading Shark during the playoffs was the correct thing to do.

We learned that the best teams dont get to the Super Bowl.

We learned that Big Ben is more illusive and agile than we could ever immagine.

We learned that you do not have to be a great Quarterback as long as you have great receivers. (Fitzgerald) Warner isn't that great!

And we learned that some guys can act like morons in the "in-game" threads. :shake:

We learned that fading Shark during the playoffs was the correct thing to do.

We learned that the best teams dont get to the Super Bowl.

We learned that Big Ben is more illusive and agile than we could ever immagine.

We learned that you do not have to be a great Quarterback as long as you have great receivers. (Fitzgerald) Warner isn't that great!

And we learned that some guys can act like morons in the "in-game" threads. :shake:

:36_11_6:

Good start for my day ...

Larry fitzgerald is the best receiver in the game, if the use his height he is unstoppable because he only catches with his hands, so high low to the left, to the right, he can catch it over any DB in the air real easy.

thats mine......solidified that this week. he is currently the prototype for the nfl receiver

To play your heart out for a whole year tooth and nail, then take a personal foul with 5 minutes left with your season on the line is a F@@@cking Joke. The coach should give him his release today. He shouldn,t be on the team no more. Not only did that penalty put the Ravens in the hole , it cost the Raven backers the cover with +6.

thats mine......solidified that this week. he is currently the prototype for the nfl receiver

disagree. but i would definitely put fitz up there in second..

but steve smith gives you more versatility w/ bubble screens and underneath stuff, as well as the vertical routes.

Come on Sammy

Anyone that follows the NFL knows that Tomlin lets Bruce (Temple Owls) Arians call his offense. Arians was AWFUL as Head Coach at Temple, AWFUL as Offensive Coordinator at Cleveland and after being fired from Cleveland somehow lands with the Squeelers as WR coach.

Grimm and Whisenhunt left when Tomlin got the job. That left Arians somehow assuming OC duties and he has been AWFUL. It is well known that Ben has issues with Arians and his play calling. Many of Ben's gamewinning drives use the no huddle with Ben calling plays. I wouldn't be surprised if Arains is fired even if the Squeelers win the SB this year.

I agree, the playcalling yesterday was pathetic. Tomlin must take the ultimate responsibility because he is the head man and I believe that he will address this in the off season.

GolferJOE- how the hell are the Steelers gonna play a SUPERBOWL with this moron as OC?

WILLY PARKER is just not built to run on the RAVENS, everyone knows that, his career numbers are horrible vs them--

IS this guy ARIANS one of those stupid old school assoles who abuses authority and thinks he is always right, like a NARCISIST? I can only think that he thinks he is so smart cause no HUMAN with a brain would have run Willy Parker in the 2nd half and basically conceed a punt everytime and get BEN so out of rythym.

If I was TOMLIN I would corner ARIANS and give him a swift backhand in the face and tell him to smarten the fuck up--

Who the hell was calling the plays vs Sandiego?

Arians almost handed it to balty yesterday.

Hold the BUS charlie, I am starting to be neutral on this game----

In fact I got a phone call from one of my football associate friends and he told me that he thinks Zona will win the game.

he told me playmakers have burned PItts this year. This is true to a certain degree, indy beat them, Giants beat them, Tennesse beat them. Good offenses can move the ball on them it is proven.

In actuality I notice that with the Steelers a huge concern is the following----

Wisenhunt was on Pitts and took the O line coach with him, they know this PItts team inside out-- last time this happened was oakland vs TBAY---

The ARIANS factor, it looked to me 100% seriously that PITTS was trying to lose that game, running a sissy running back who was scared shitless of BALTY, he has a 2.1 yard career avg vs BALTY and is getting owned yesterday.

Relying on your DEFENSE to win does not sound good to me laying -7 points-----

ALSO factor in that Pitts defense gave them 10 points yesterday--- 7 off the INT and also 3 off the earlier INT----

Now this is a concern for me, have a CHEERLEADER COACH IN TOMLIN, the worst offensive coordinator in the game in ARIANS--

The Steelers I think can squeeze out a win but now I believe this game will be close-

Of late the blowouts are no longer happening in the superbowls--

I dont see enough out of PITTS to think they will be able to blow out Zona--

Actually they are always in a game with everyone--

I am now thinking about this and realizing that this line of -7 is a JOKE---

I think the real line should be -3--

IT is 4 points too high in this spot due to Pitts name.

I have questions for some people on tihs site?

DO PLAYMAKERS BEAT PITTSBURGH? I SEE THIS AS TRUE

DO QBS THAT CAN THROW BEAT PITTS ALSO?

DOES PITTS FEAST ON YOUNG ROOKIE QBS AND PREDICTABLE PLAYCALLING?

After having thought about it for a few hours I realized what happened---

This is honestly a game that anyone can win, so they make Steelers the Yag 7 point favorite, this IMO is usually a sign of DISRESPECT to the opponent--

WHY IS PITTS -7? Becaue they can do it- They really can , they could of made pitts -8 if they wanted to, they are a popular team--

I think i was a little confused yesterday, as the more I think about it--

Pitts has some of the worst coaching in the NFL hands down--

PITTS is being Held ALIVE by LEBEAU- if he was not coaching this team, take away at least 4 wins this year---

LEBEAU is so important that I honestly feel that anyone from this site could go and coach the STEELERS, TOMLIN is a cheerleader he stands there and looks good becasue of LEBEAU and the defense--

The fact that TOMLIN did not stop ARIANS from trying his best to give the superbowl to Baltimore is a concern.

WHen i think of it, there is no fucking way that ARIANS can lay 7 to anyone now--

Think about it, I am shocked that TOMLIN did not talk to ARIANS and stop that mickey mouse play calling in the 4th qtr-- He was seriously scared, what I SAW WAS FEAR--

I dont know I can lay -7 with a FEARFULL team-- PITTS IS AFRAID TO LOSE, and they nearly lost yesterday that game-----

When they play a better offense an offense that can score I dont think PItts can score enough to cover---

No player will work harder in his life to help a team cover the spread than TROY PALAMALU. This guy always tries to score if he picks it off and is personally responsible for many Pitts covers by himself.

Lot of talk between who is better Ed REED or TROY-

TROY stepped up when it mattered and made the plays in a big way

Sammy, Steelers had the toughest schedule given to an NFL team in 25 years. The outcome of their season having to play a tough opponent every week isn't too shabby. They have the number 1 defense. The thing that impressed me about them yesterday was how much they dominated both sides of the line of scrimmage.
Arizona did not put a lot of heat on McNabb. Often times rushing 3 lineman. Also, we saw in the 2nd half how to attack Warner. Philly came on strong with different blitzes and Arizona was stop stoned called there for awhile.
This is how I see this game. There's a distinct difference between the 2 defenses. Pittsburgh's offense has had to deal with some of the best defenses and could still move the ball. They can pick apart Zona's D. They can match Arizona's offense which I think will struggle vs the Steelers D. I was shocked that it took Philly so long to put a stop to Arizona's offense. I have to believe Boldin is going to be a distraction that Arizona isn't going to need or know how to handle. I have Pitt at -6 which really isn't that much when you consider how good Pitts D is. GL!

Sammy, the NFL is filled with backs who are of the Willie Parker variety, miss or hit. Try charting Peterson's rush yards per rush one game. It's pretty laughable how overrated he is.

Sammy, the NFL is filled with backs who are of the Willie Parker variety, miss or hit. Try charting Peterson's rush yards per rush one game. It's pretty laughable how overrated he is.

The difference is at least Peterson gets some runs over 20 yards.

Willy parker does not get those runs, he just takes the ball and finds a soft place to fall and falls on the ground- he has been doing that for a while now- He really sucks--

I can carry the ball for 1 yard also, he never breaks any long ones

if the steelers will get WP in space and throw some quick passes and have a decent offensive gameplan overall they will cover. i was so impresesd by Zona's gameplan. they knew what philly was doing on D every play. they had that blitz like birthday cake. philly made adjustments at the half that stifled them but then zona sitll made more adjustments and was able to put together an 8 min game winning drive.

pitts offensive creativity the last game was disgusting. get WP in space. how hard is that? pretty hard vs the ravens but at least try. run him off tackle please. get the ball out to Holmes quick and let him break a tackle vs a weak ass secondary. i just didn't get it. all the 1st down runs right at Nata(sp)... wtf u thinking. this is the only reason i'm scared to back pitt. but i WILL NOT be backing zona in this game. surely pitt will have a creative offensive gameplan for this team. SURELY. right?

Back