Western Kentucky / South Florida

Frank Costanza

Co-Inventor of the Man's Bra
Stand alone game on Monday fellas, middle of the afternoon. Worthy of some dedicated discussion. USF playing great football at the end of the season, +2.5 in what amounts to a home game for them.

I may be in the minority but I don't award any HFA to teams during bowl season. It's so hard to quantify in normal circumstances, I think a lot of the taking the 3 or whatever is antiquated and I have real questions if numbers support it or if it's just something we do because we are told it's right, but to me HFA means something from a human element when it's during the fall. I think it's more about the disruption of traveling during a school week and having a crowd that's actually loud enough to impact a game. Anyway, that's my .02, I do think there are other intangibles though for USF in this instance, with so many of their players playing in front of huge groups of friends and family after being from Miami - it's an edge but I can't quantify it.

I am going to the game and got my tickets a couple of days ago. Trust me when I say, there are PLENTY of seats available.

So you guys see it as a home field advantage here? I see it as a home field disadvantage if anything. All these kids from South Florida are much likely to be more excited about hanging with family and old friends than they are for a bowl prep

Back