Western Conference Finals: Spurs vs Warriors Discussion

I think this is the series Dejounte Murray grows up and becomes a star. He's got the tools. Only 20 so needs the experience.

Spurs going to need big games from Aldridge. Not sure if he's capable even though he was great last game. He'll have Draymond guarding him starting off. KD on Kawhi. Mills/Curry. Klay/Green or Simmons. Some good matchups.

Dubs bench has got to produce again. Love the way Javale has been playing. I think Shaq fired him up. He's playing way to well. David West has been playing well too. He badly wants that first ring. Iggy, Livingston, Barnes, Ian Clark, McCaw. They're just too deep for SA.

Game 1:

[TABLE="class: lines"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TH="class: linesHeader, colspan: 3"]NBA Basketball[/TH]
[TH="class: linesHeader"]Spread[/TH]
[TH="class: linesHeader"]Money Line[/TH]
[TH="class: linesHeader"]Total Points[/TH]
[TH="class: linesHeader, colspan: 2"]Team Total Points[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesSubHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"]<small>San Antonio Spurs at Golden State Warriors - Western Conference Finals - Game 1</small>[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRow"]
[TD]Sun 5/14[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]501 San Antonio Spurs[/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="S1_0" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> +10 -110[/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M1_0" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> +465 [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="L1_0" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> o211 -110 [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="E1_0" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> o100½ -110 [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="E3_0" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> u100½ -110 [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRowBot"]
[TD]3:30PM[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]502 Golden State Warriors[/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="S2_0" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> -10 -110 [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M2_0" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> -630 [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="L2_0" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> u211 -110 [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="E2_0" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> o110½ -110 [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="E4_0" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> u110½ -110 [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesSubHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"]<small>San Antonio Spurs vs Golden State Warriors - Western Conference Finals - Series Winner - Best of Seven</small>[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRow"]
[TD]Sun 5/14[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]829 San Antonio Spurs (Series)[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M1_1" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> +680 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRowBot"]
[TD]3:30PM[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]830 Golden State Warriors (Series)[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M2_1" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> -1060 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

I'm seeing +750 for Spurs on the series. Never would I have thought a Popovich led team would be such a huge underdog in a series.

I'm seeing +750 for Spurs on the series. Never would I have thought a Popovich led team would be such a huge underdog in a series.

the spurs were able to get away with the loss of Parker against Hou because the roclets are not disciplined and were downright stupid at times... I don't see the spurs winning more than one game if all the warriors players are healthy

I don't think the books will catch up until Game 4, honestly believe the Spurs are about to get beaten like a drum. 3 straight 20 point blowouts to start the series not out of the question imo, Spurs just don't have the horses to hang.

I am obviously a long time Spurs fan and season tix since 1998 so as a homer please take this lightly and don't follow my plays.
The Warriors are indeed coming in rested and rolling, maybe too rested.
I do not think the Warriors sweep but am concerned with all here who are predicting that.
The Spurs have the coach and experience and have for years and in the recent series proven they can handle adversity.
Also Kerr is out and his system is very familiar to Pop and the Spurs, though agree the talent in the "system" favors GS.
I hope the Spurs win the series but it will take something like one or more injuries or miracle games, finishes to pull it off.
What I have seen is the young guys and bench players for the Spurs have been groomed/managed by Pop this season and in the playoffs to be ready and peaking for this.
I am more concerned with Green, LA, Gasol than the others but am going to be taking points and small on series ML just for loyalty sake.
Best to all on your plays and hope the Spurs make it competitive.

the spurs were able to get away with the loss of Parker against Hou because the roclets are not disciplined and were downright stupid at times... I don't see the spurs winning more than one game if all the warriors players are healthy
Parker out meant they got younger. Not a bad thing

I don't think the books will catch up until Game 4, honestly believe the Spurs are about to get beaten like a drum. 3 straight 20 point blowouts to start the series not out of the question imo, Spurs just don't have the horses to hang.
Not happening

As is the NBA, most dudes thinking sweep now unlikely to end in less than 6 maybe even 7.

Of course Kawhi's ankle could determine things a bit quicker...

Available at Pinny right now...

Tue 5/16 [TABLE="class: linesTbl, width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR="class: linesAlt2"]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="class: RotID"]721 [/TD]
[TD="class: teamId"] K. Leonard Plays in Game 2 [/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD] <input name="M2_725912636_0" id="M2_725912636_0" size="6" maxlength="15" tabindex="0007212" class="ValueObject M2_721_0" type="text"> o +213 [/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt2"]
[TD] 06:00 PM [/TD]
[TD="class: RotID"]722 [/TD]
[TD="class: teamId"] K. Leonard Does NOT play in Game 2 [/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD] <input name="M1_725912636_0" id="M1_725912636_0" size="6" maxlength="15" tabindex="0007222" class="ValueObject M1_722_0" type="text"> o -300 [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Tonight's game was the series for the Spurs, they needed to steal it real bad and then Zaza took out Kawhi.

One thing you can count on seeing more and more in this series: doubling Aldrich when has the ball. The guy makes atrocious passing decisions when pressured, a turnover machine.

Not sure if it was intentional but Zaza is a murky dude and the whole world knew Kawhi had a bum ankle.

We also have to remember Pops coached a murky dude called Bruce Bowen and he liked to fuck with ankles as well.

And it wasn't a great comeback win for the Dubs standard-wise...

Having their opponents MVP candidate leave the game via injury and then rely on their own 2 MVP's to get the win, such adversity. Smh.

so for G2 we are going to see a different team than we saw after kawhi went down... thats for sure.... whenever a star player is taken out of a game, the game plan is thrown out of wack and its difficult to adjust mid game but the spurs can adjust. I will not be playing a side however. Dont like seeing a lot of action on the spurs, the spurs are really good in tuesday away games and espn stfc is predicting a 15+ point win... too many conflicting things for my liking

will most likely be on an LA prop

Think it's been that way for several years...game 1 of finals isn't until 6/1 so they get both series both more aligned

Or just a bad ankle, that kinda sucks too

Give it a rest, Kawhi is my favorite player and has been since well before you even knew his name. But this is stupid.

i'm sure everyone saw the difference in close outs between zaza and lamarcus; durant took a great approach to the media with his response but he's gotta be fuming a bit after that second attempt after he moves his planted foot...really want to hear pops thoughts on that close out from lamarcus

Hate the fact this series is pretty much over because I love watching Kawai play. Period!

But, didn't the Spurs have a player by the name of a Mr Bowen who specialized in this same move Pops is complaining about?

Hate the fact this series is pretty much over because I love watching Kawai play. Period!

But, didn't the Spurs have a player by the name of a Mr Bowen who specialized in this same move Pops is complaining about?

Bowen came out and said zaza's was intentional and his(bowen) previous actions were not.

zaza closes out and turns on this shot and doesn't move his foot.. after his description of zaza's close out reallly wanna hear how he spins Lamarcus

Wouldn't be surprised if Popovich just sits Leonard. He knows it's a big uphill battle even w/ a somewhat healthy Leonard. Popovich just not a big risk takers in these scenarios.

SAN ANTONIO -- The Spurs officially listed star forward Kawhi Leonard as questionable for Saturday's Game 3 of the Western Conference finals against the Golden State Warriors.

Leonard attended Friday's workout but didn't participate. He didn't appear to be walking with a limp.

"It's getting better. I've been at practice, just watching things. A lot of treatment," Leonard said. "It's frustrating. You work all year to get to this point, and [not] being able to help your team win a game or just being able to play, it's all very frustrating."
He reinjured his left ankle Sunday during the second half of San Antonio's 113-111 loss in Game 1 to the Warriors. Spurs coach Gregg Popovich mentioned after Game 1 that he anticipated Leonard's recovery to take longer than when he originally suffered the injury in Game 5 of the Western Conference semifinals.

Popovich didn't provide any more details Friday, but he added that Leonard's long-term health is "always a factor" in making a final decision. "Either he's gonna play or he's not," Popovich said. "Everything else, you just work on what you want to work on."

Leonard admitted the ankle is "still not ready" for action but predicted he "could be feeling way better" on Saturday prior to Game 3. "[I'm] just seeing if I can run and at least be myself on the court," Leonard said. "I don't want to hobble around and shoot off-balance shots. I just want to be able to equally push with both legs. We're eight games away from our ultimate goal. So that's just my mindset at the moment, just trying to get better."

<iframe class="teads-resize" style="box-sizing: border-box; width: 565px; height: 0px !important; min-height: 0px !important; border-width: initial !important; border-style: none !important; margin: 0px !important; padding: 0px !important; display: block !important;"></iframe>

This series wasn't going more than 5 games with or without Claw anyways...

Dubs slept for awhile against a team coming in on a high playing great...

Injuries happen and it sucks when the 2nd best player in league maybe gets hurt but oh well...only us true fans tune in to watch Claw...

Not surprising.

On the brink of elimination, the San Antonio Spurs will likely have to play Game 4 of the Western Conference finals without MVP candidate Kawhi Leonard, coach Gregg Popovich said. Popovich told reporters that Leonard is "likely out" Monday with his injured left ankle suffered in the series opener.

ESPN

Back