Well, NBC is going to make ya pay to watch CFB...

This isn't exactly a surprise but still a bit annoying for some people.

I know there is a special for June of 20 bucks for a year.

Personally, I did a free trial that started last August, for one year. Bad timing for big daddy.

I'm curious how this will work for bars and whatnot?

Remember...

B16 football will be on many channels this year..

Fox
NBC
The 'Cock
CBS (small amount, more in '24)
BTN

Good times.

With all the coverage around here, some of it even free, I won't miss it as there's normally a better game on come evening (ACC or SEC network or ESPN). I might pick up the Big 12 this season depending on who they'll be having on - it'd be a little easier to watch the UCF games. Going to have to start digging for the seasons' tv schedule.

College Football is kind of a lot like the United States. It was absolutely the best thing out there so the powers that be decided they will do everything in their power to not keep it that way.

Writing was on the wall when NBC Sports went away and Dan Patrick had to go to streaming. There weren't a ton of FB games on that channel but there were several. Premier League and Champions League soccer is already at the end of year 2 where you either had to stream Peacock or Paramount to get a lot of the matches. Was only a matter of time before it caught up to CFB. I imagine Fox will be the next on board, ABC/ESPN has already been doing it with Plus as is.

Good point on bars Reno, I know several have already had to purchase Plus, Paramount and Peacock for footy matches but that will pale in comparison to what the 40+ tv type bars are going to have to do. Here a select few already have to pay for Cox on top of the standard directv packages they've had because of the Pac 12 network, impossible to be taken seriously when you can't show ASU or even UA games in this city.

And streaming! Hate that.
Seems like the ESPN+ stuff at least has gotten down to around 20 seconds from live betting which is vastly improved but really you have to get a fell for the game through the live updates to really be comfortable about betting live, at least in basketball. Maybe with so much time between plays in football it will be a bit different.

It is annoying.

As somebody who used to really find pleasure and satisfaction in having access to any and every FBS game I'm starting to not care. I don't want to continuously chase these different platforms. My wife has Amazon, so I have watched some of the Thursday NFL games, but I wish she didn't have Prime because I don't really want to be part of that and supporting that. We don't have YouTube TV and I'm really struggling with not doing it for Sunday Ticket, but my wife says we have to get it. We have had NFL Sunday Ticket for as long as I can remember. ESPN+ has so much content that it is pretty much a no brainer, especially for the FCS games which I am increasingly more and more interested in as I further getting turned off by major college football. $20 is nothing for a few games for Peacock. Until recently I would've paid whatever just to have access to the games whether I had real interest in the matchups or not. But now, the packaging, the splitting up of this and moving that here or there, the hype, the over-hype - it's really a turn off. I thought I might start doing it last year, but I'm pretty sure this year I will have a much narrower focus on what I watch and care about. More conference expansion coming has made it worse. Some day I know I won't even care about an SEC or Big Ten game. That time is coming.

It is annoying.

As somebody who used to really find pleasure and satisfaction in having access to any and every FBS game I'm starting to not care. I don't want to continuously chase these different platforms. My wife has Amazon, so I have watched some of the Thursday NFL games, but I wish she didn't have Prime because I don't really want to be part of that and supporting that. We don't have YouTube TV and I'm really struggling with not doing it for Sunday Ticket, but my wife says we have to get it. We have had NFL Sunday Ticket for as long as I can remember. ESPN+ has so much content that it is pretty much a no brainer, especially for the FCS games which I am increasingly more and more interested in as I further getting turned off by major college football. $20 is nothing for a few games for Peacock. Until recently I would've paid whatever just to have access to the games whether I had real interest in the matchups or not. But now, the packaging, the splitting up of this and moving that here or there, the hype, the over-hype - it's really a turn off. I thought I might start doing it last year, but I'm pretty sure this year I will have a much narrower focus on what I watch and care about. More conference expansion coming has made it worse. Some day I know I won't even care about an SEC or Big Ten game. That time is coming.
What's crazy as I get older is there are far more important things than watching this shit in life. All I needed was someone to come in a price me out, it's not a quality product in the first place.

College football has been ruined and the writing was on the wall. Hope some day it gets back to the student part of student athlete. Maybe we've hit the crest of the money bell curve

I have to say that I never get NFL ticket. I think it's absolutely insane that I can watch about 40 games on Saturday on regular cable channels and then can watch only 4 on Sundays without forking over a couple hundred bucks or whatever the fuck it is. I stopped getting mlb.tv after they fucked us out of half a season in 2020, but at least that was like 80 or 90 bucks for thousands of games.

Back