Welker

<header style="width: 640px; color: rgb(17, 17, 17); font-family: proxima-nova, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">Broncos WR Wes Welker suspended four games for violating drug policy

By John Breech | CBSSports.com

<time class="storyDate" pubdate="" datetime="2014-09-02T23:03:16Z" style="display: inline-block; margin-bottom: 10px; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); line-height: 16px !important; font-family: proxima-nova, Arial, helvetica, sans-serif !important;">September 2, 2014 7:03 pm ET

Denver Broncos wide receiver Wes Welker has been suspended for the first four games of the 2014 season, CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora has confirmed. Welker was suspended for violating the NFL policy on performance-enhancing substances.
The Broncos' first four games of the season are against Indianapolis, Kansas City, at Seattle and at home against Arizona. Because the Broncos have a Week 4 bye, Welker won't be able to return until Week 6.
According to FoxSports.com, the Broncos have known since before training camp that Welker might be suspended, but the team was holding out hope that he'd win his appeal. Obviously, Welker didn't win the appeal, and now he can't return to the team until Oct. 6.
Welker failed his drug test after taking ecstasy laced with amphetamines while at the Kentucky Derby, according to ProFootballTalk.com. That was the same event where Welkerhanded out $100 bills on his way out of Churchill Downs after a cashier mistakenly overpaid him almost $15,000 in winnings.
The suspension isn't completely horrible news for Welker because it will give him five weeks to heal his head. The 33-year-old suffered his third concussion in 10 months on Aug. 23 and it wasn't even completely clear if he was even going to be healthy enough to play in Week 1.
Welker returned to practice this week, but still had not been cleared to play in the Broncos opener against the Colts. Welker missed over a month of action after suffering his second concussion last December.
The suspension to Welker means the Broncos will be without at least two players for the first games of the season. Kicker Matt Prater is serving a four-game suspension for violating the league's substance-abuse policy.

</time><figure style="font-family: proxima-nova; font-size: 13px; display: table; position: relative; float: left; margin: 0px 10px 20px 0px; padding: 0px;">
Wes-Welker-concussion-fine.final.jpg

<figcaption style="display: table-caption; caption-side: bottom; font-weight: 700; line-height: 1.4em;">Wes Welker can't play until Week 6 at the earliest. (USATSI)</figcaption></figure></header>

Thankfully, steed, the best receiver on our team just smokes a little pot.

That was the day he was rolling around handing out hundreds to randome people. It all makes so much sense now.

So....4 games to heal the concussion and an ecstasy laced Kentucky Derby where he got to make it rain?

Wes wins this exchange

I drafted him in CTG-2 and am kinda happy he's forced to sit long enough to give himself a shot @ 12 concussion free games...

They'd be rushing his ass back for game 1 and he'd just go right back at it

Smoke pot? (OK, over and over, but still.) Indefinite ban.

Pills? Four games.

Beat your fiancé into a coma? Two games.

Technically, had he just popped some Molly, he wouldn't be in this predicament. The ecstasy was laced with amphetamines according to that article, getting him to fail a drug test. Molly would have just been pure MDMA and wouldn't have caused a failed test.

:tiphat:

molly
Abr. of 'molecular'.

Pure form of MDMA (ecstasy), usually a free powder or in capsules. Oftentimes MDA is sold as molly. Should be white in color (when it's pure) but is more often beige or yellow-brown, and sometimes brown or rarely gray.

"Me and my girl chopped a 1/2 gram of molly into 4 lines last night and we each inhaled one. rolled balls for 5 hours straight. pure love and cuddles all the way."

MDMA (3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine)

Yep, realize that now.

It is still the exact opposite of molly being the shittier version of ecstasy these day though. It's the purest MDMA you can get (provided you're getting pure stuff, of course).

The perfect garb for tripping would be cowboy boots with extremely long, Dr. Seussish toes.

Yep, realize that now.

It is still the exact opposite of molly being the shittier version of ecstasy these day though. It's the purest MDMA you can get (provided you're getting pure stuff, of course).

Unfortunately almost nobody is. I would venture to say well under 5% of what passes as molly is pure anything.

You guys seem to know what you're talking about on the drug stuff. Or quibbling about it.

I view Welker strictly as a fantasy asset, so I thought he was about done anyway. Small white guy with money, hot wife, bunch of brain injuries. What would you do?

You guys seem to know what you're talking about on the drug stuff. Or quibbling about it.

I view Welker strictly as a fantasy asset, so I thought he was about done anyway. Small white guy with money, hot wife, bunch of brain injuries. What would you do?

Tough to say what I would do. My initial reaction would be to simply retire...like you said, he's got a lot of money but he's had a bunch of concussions. Being a competitor though, as these guys are for the most part, I would probably feel as if I would be okay to keep playing. I think maybe this would be my last season if i were him, since he has a pretty good shot of getting back to, and winning, the SB. Good way to go out...on top.

I would do exactly what Wes did.

Go to the Derby and just Own The Muthafucka

Unless you have a test kit there's no way of knowing you're getting pure MDMA, aka molly. That shit is so cut with so many different drugs now I would never take it.

He met his wife at the Kentucky Derby as well(not this year). I have a friend that plays in the member/member at Cherry Hills every year, they lost in the slugfest finals to Joe Sakic and Adam Foote........I digress, he said they played 9 holes with Welker and his member partner one day and that Welker was a madman. He said he was a fun as shit. Maybe Molly was his caddy that day?

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/OuBFx36raOd/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Back