Weekend Weather

Frank Costanza

Co-Inventor of the Man's Bra
Looks like tropical storm Joaquin may be be an issue Friday / Saturday for the east coast. Something to watch.

Could be an issue...

Rumors(only rumors) that maybe UM-Mary pushed up to noon instead of 8pm, fwiw.

Might be some good unders to be bet now. I'm gonna check out some long range maps.

http://www.weather.com/maps/planner

Some local forecasts I checked out for Friday and Saturday are calling for precipitation at 60 to 90% with gusty, 20 mph + winds.

Last edited:
I haven't zeroed in on all the games that could be impacted, but do have a friend in NC where Appy State is. Tons of rain plus wind in their Saturday forecast.

I took the unders yesterday in Appy. St., NC St, Va Tech, Duke, and Maryland. All have dropped 2-3.5 points already. Hopefully, it was a fruitful move. Two others on my radar are Buffalo and Navy.

Looks like the thing is slowing down, with the main impact Sunday morning and thereafter.

map_tropprjpath11_ltst_5nhato_enus_650x366.jpg

Sounds like regardless of where the thing tracks it's still setting up to be a flooding event. It's just a matter of whether it rains 6 inches or 16 inches. As you mention, the wind impact is up in the air at this point, so to speak.

On these games where they are hitting the under, isn't the large dog also worth a look if pts are down? For instance, Wyoming? I like App st .. took them at a really good # but if it is monsoon city then you have to wonder if the pts start becoming valuable.

Hurricane issues on east coast

Talk in Pittsburgh that the Hurricane might force a postponement of Pitt/Va Tech scheduled for a noon kickoff in Blacksburg.

Anyone else aware of any other games that might be in jeopardy of getting cancelled on Saturday?

It's just supposed to rain I think...I can't imagine a football game being postponed because of rain unless it's actually on the coast.

My motto for betting games that have a major weather question mark is, don't bet them. Sure, I might have beer $ on it but why risk anything with such uncertainty? Last thing I want to do is guess what the weather is going to do. Full slate of other games that won't be impacted.

Back