Weekend Footy 4th Aug to 6th Aug

bad gambler

Pretty much a regular
Im playing the Friday night game in the NRL, apologies I dont have the time for a writeup - medium stakes for me

St George Dragons to beat Paramatta Eels - (+100) (3 units)

good luck

Good luck on the play - Can I ask how far ahead the majority of these games are from east coast time in the USA?

I'm going to be up all night and could use some action - lol

Fondy - its 7.30 pm in New Zealand now/5.30 pm on the East Coast of Australia (location of the NRL games)

BG - I'm on the other side of your Dragons pick, at least we got a winner between us, lol:shake:

bad gambler said:
Im playing the Friday night game in the NRL, apologies I dont have the time for a writeup - medium stakes for me

St George Dragons to beat Paramatta Eels - (+100) (3 units)

good luck
Took that one up the proverbial you know what

Bet Lost

Congrats on the Eels Betcrimes - looks like a top 8 finish is inevitable for them now, amazing to think 2 months ago where they were at.

Plenty of time to get into + for the weekend :shake:

Fondybadger said:
Good luck on the play - Can I ask how far ahead the majority of these games are from east coast time in the USA?

I'm going to be up all night and could use some action - lol

Spoken like a true degenerate ;) lol that's pretty much the only reason why lot of Americans have a bet on these types of sports, as you said to get some very late action.

Times for these games over the weekend will vary for you guys, I'll try and post how long till "gametime" when i post any picks to make it easier.

Saturday - Air NZ Cup Rd 2

Canterbury to cover -25.5 over Northland - (-110) (1.5 units)

This match on face value looks a little too easy, in any case I will still bite. Canterbury are the most dominant provincial side in the world, and even without their host of All Blacks demolished of most impressive second division side in recent history on the road last week 45-0 all done with a very inexperienced backline. This week they get back 4 players who either currently or previously have played for NZ in Hamilton, Mauger, Thorne and Somerville.

Northland have been the perennial easy beats of the previous NPC competition and although have shown some promising pre season form are in for another long season as seen last week with an uninspiring 15 point loss to Southland. To compund matters they are without their fly-half Howell for today's match (think of him as the team's quarterback for all you Americans reading lol) and hooker Dow.

The only thing holding back me back in unloading on this play is the bit of bad weather in the area last I checked.

This one kicks off in just a tick over 2 hours

good luck

I just saw some highlights of that Northland game, BG. Weather screwed things up royally. I have a strong lean on the 'Naki, I just dont know whether I'm going to pull the trigger.

bad gambler said:
Saturday - Air NZ Cup Rd 2

Canterbury to cover -25.5 over Northland - (-110) (1.5 units)

This match on face value looks a little too easy, in any case I will still bite. Canterbury are the most dominant provincial side in the world, and even without their host of All Blacks demolished of most impressive second division side in recent history on the road last week 45-0 all done with a very inexperienced backline. This week they get back 4 players who either currently or previously have played for NZ in Hamilton, Mauger, Thorne and Somerville.

Northland have been the perennial easy beats of the previous NPC competition and although have shown some promising pre season form are in for another long season as seen last week with an uninspiring 15 point loss to Southland. To compund matters they are without their fly-half Howell for today's match (think of him as the team's quarterback for all you Americans reading lol) and hooker Dow.

The only thing holding back me back in unloading on this play is the bit of bad weather in the area last I checked.

This one kicks off in just a tick over 2 hours

good luck

Bet lost - admittedly from the sounds of things Northland played pretty well.

Betcrimes - yep although I understand it wasn't raining heard the ground under foot was completely saturated but anyway them the breaks got to move on.

NRL - Rugby League

Cronulla Sharks to beat NZ Warriors - (-115) (3 units)

Cronulla's season is effectively on the line tonight, another loss and their season is pretty much over as they are currently sitting on 9th on the table. Warriors were dreadful last week against the Panthers and that performance suggests to me they have pretty much mailed in the season. Also they get back Webb, they will miss insipirational forward and captain Ruben Wiki thorugh suspension. Also just heard it is teaming down in Auckland, so the wet conditions will suit the Sharks to a tee.

Kick off in around 20 min...
good luck (and hopefully I can notch up my first win in this forum :confused: )

Back