week2 here we go again

halfpoint

Pretty much a regular
I've given up on the Sun Belt. These are the ones I"m looking at and leaning toward.

Tulane +29.5 Let down spot for Bama. First game for Tulane and they like to lose by 20-27 lol

UNLV +21.5 -
Let down for Utah

Buffalo +12 -
Going against the mustache

E. Michigan +21 -
I see a shootout. E. Michigan should score

Stanford +14 -
Captain Comeback ball

UCF +13.5
- Strong D and at home...see UCLA

Adding these sides

Vandy +10
Rice +3.5
Houston +16
Cincy +21
Ohio +34.5

Looking at these totals

WVU/ECU over 50
Penn St over 47
Georgia over 57
Zona over 58.5
Texas over 58
Iowa over 41.5
Ball St over 59.5
Arizona St over 52.5

WEEK 2 TEASER:

Tulane +35.5
- Yes Bama is better. Yes Tulane had to move practices because of hurricane. Last year kept LSU and Miss St within 30 and did not lose a game by more than 25 (LSU). Bama shouldn't be as pumped as game 1 vs Clemson and not sure Saban will run it up on a team going through the hurricane situation. Guess - Bama 41 Tulane 13

UCF +20.5 - UCF sluggish in opener. USF looked impressive. USF rollled last year 64-12 as everything went right for USF and everything went wrong for UCF. If last year's game played again it would be a one-score game. UCF was very good last year. They lose alot on offense but return a very good defense. I'm expecting the UCF offense to do better than week 1 and the UCF defense to play exceptional to keep UCF in this one. Guess - USF 24 UCF 17

Stanford +21 - Arizona St put a whooping on them last year 41-3. 3 turnovers by Stanford let this one slip away. Stanford is improved this year. Their experienced defense should get some pressure on Rudy. Enough that their offense doesn't have to press and risk turnovers. Guess - Arizona St 30 Stanford 23

Buffalo +19 - Buffalo looked sharp in week 1. They return tons of experience. Pitt is coached by a moron and hardly ever blows a team out. Guess - Buffalo 23 Pitt 20

Eastern Michigan +28 - Lots of experience for EMU. Only game they were out of last year was opener at Pitt (the very same team coached by a dope lol). MSU is always capable of hanging 45+ at home. But they are also susceptible to letting up points in bunches. I'm counting on the experienced EMU squad to score enough to keep within 4 TD's. Guess: MSU 44 EMU 24

UNLV +28.5 - Utah better team and at home. But Utah coming off emotional win. I think Utah sold out in that game and will suffer a letdown. Yes, UNLV beat them 27-0 last year and Utah players talking about being focused but this UNLV team is improved. Enough so that I think they keep it real close. Guess - Utah 31 UNLV 17

Last edited:
Good luck with the card for this week. I agree there might be a bit of letdown for Utah, but UNLV is still pretty bad. Also think Stache' may have his guys a bit more fired up, at least before he gets fired.

Zero chance of a Utah lookahead:

<TABLE class=linescore cellSpacing=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=team colSpan=2></TD><TD class=period>1</TD><TD class=period>2</TD><TD class=period>3</TD><TD class=period>4</TD><TD class=total>T</TD></TR><TR><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right"></TD><TD class=team>UTAH (1-3)</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD class=ts>0</TD></TR><TR><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right"></TD><TD class=team>UNLV (2-2)</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>14</TD><TD class=ts>27</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Final

10:00 PM ET, September 22, 2007
Sam Boyd Stadium,
Las Vegas, NV

The Utah-Michigan game was hard hitting. Utah banged up a bit. I remember seeing Johnson get up VERY slowly after getting nailed late in the 4th quarter.

The problem with the Utah/UNLV game is despite it may be a let down game, If Utah has any chance at landing a top bowl game they can't afford to have let downs.

BYU is still the favorite in the MW, but Utah is the second best team and if you're from the MW or any other non BCS schools you have to win all your games and win them big. If Utah wants to be thrown in with BYU they've got to go out and take care of business every week.

Utah IMO is too good and too savy to allow for letdowns. They've had opportunities in the past to have let downs and they've generally avoided these types of traps. Like Fondy said too, UNLV is very bad.

I'd be careful...

The problem with the Utah/UNLV game is despite it may be a let down game, If Utah has any chance at landing a top bowl game they can't afford to have let downs.

BYU is still the favorite in the MW, but Utah is the second best team and if you're from the MW or any other non BCS schools you have to win all your games and win them big. If Utah wants to be thrown in with BYU they've got to go out and take care of business every week.

Utah IMO is too good and too savy to allow for letdowns. They've had opportunities in the past to have let downs and they've generally avoided these types of traps. Like Fondy said too, UNLV is very bad.

I'd be careful...

I think they had a letdown last year when they were destroyed by UNLV

lol...I think we were assuming you put these up for conversation...esp since they are leans..

GL with what you decide bro.

What you need to know: It's all about the experience in the Rebel Shotgun Spread with nine starters returning, several backups with starting experience, and a whole bunch of hope that this is the year the attack finally produces on a consistent basis. The line is big and strong led by emerging star Matt Murphy at left tackle. The receiving corps boasts one of the Mountain West's best 1-2 punches in Ryan Wolfe and Casey Flair, while Frank "the Tank" Summers should be among the league's rushing leaders. It all comes down to the quarterbacks, and the issue might not be settled all season long. Four players will get an equal shot at the starting job, but it'll come down to Omar Clayton and Travis Dixon to see who can be the most consistent.

UNLV … The win over Utah State was more dominant than the 27-17 score might indicate. Omar Clayton was in command of the passing game, Frank Summers ran well, and the defense had a good day keeping the Aggies at arm's length after the first quarter. The line allowed a few too many plays in the backfield and there was little pass rush from the Rebel front, but it was a decent performance to build on going into Utah.

Total thoughts

1) WVU offense is strength of team. Defense is weak point. I can see WVU getting into the 30's and ECU the 20's. Hence, over 50

2) Penn St at home should be able to move chains and score against a not very good Oregon ST defense. OSU quarterback will be throwing all day and should be able to get his team 17+ points. So I'll take my chances with Joe Pa and the boyz hitting the 30's on a weak defense

3) Georgia will get there's. CMU is capable of scoring in bunches. Give me 20 from CMU and I'll take my chances that Georgia can put up 40

4) Still not sold on Zona defense. Toledo should be able to get me 20+. Again I'll take my chances that Zona offense can produce in bunches and hit 40

5) UTEP won't stop Texas. I can see Texas hitting well over 40. So if UTEP can get 17 and I think they can it's a winner.

6) Fla Int'l should do better on offense this week. Iowa should get there's and with a small number at 41.5 it should make it.

7) Ball St vs Navy.......both teams should be into 30's

8) I can't believe Stanford and Az St total is this low.

i'm mostly a dog player. Nothing like getting points. Possible back door covers. And maybe outright wins.

I like to find totals where I think AT LEAST one offense will not get stopped. And the strong possibility the other team is capable of putting up points (CMU, Toledo, ECU, OSU, Navy)
I don't see Arizona, Georgia, Texas, WVU, Iowa, Penn St or Ball St being stopped this weekend.

i'm mostly a dog player
so I notice. refreshing to see a bunch of dog posts.
I play dogs too, and even so - our cards will look quite different. Buffalo,maybe ??
I am not fading any of your plays, however.
GL

Buffalo is very experienced.

Pitt is overrated as usual. And as we witnessed from Fullmer bad coaching hurts. And the man with the stache is a moron.

I think Buffalo may pull off the upset

I'm doing this one for fun. Bought lots of points. lol Pays 80 to 1

Vandy +20
Ball St over 56
Ohio +42.5
Iowa game over 33
Michigan ML
Cincinatti +28.5
Wake Forest ML
Penn ST game over 40
West Va game over 47
Georgia game over 54
Houston +21.5
Rice +10.5
Arizona game over 54
Arizona St game over 47
Texas game over 56

I assume you must do very well later in the season vs. much sharper lines and conference play where dogs give alot more value. Have you been successful in the past playing dogs this early?

I assume you must do very well later in the season vs. much sharper lines and conference play where dogs give alot more value. Have you been successful in the past playing dogs this early?

I have been successful in the past by playing 90% dogs... but this year I am short on funds and am playing teasers and parlays for fun and hoping to hit a couple biggies

Straight bets I do well but until I can get lucky and build a bankroll I'm just rolling the dice.

Last week I had E Carolina, Utah, Fresno, W. Kentucky, Fla Int'l and FAU as my main games.

If I could've wagered straight I would've went 5-1

But by end of this year I should be able to bet the "right way" again.

For this week my straights would've been

Tulane +29.5
Houston +16
UNLV +21.5
Cincy +21.5
So Miss +17.5
Washington +10

And as usual in my 15-teamer it appears as if I'll go 14-1. 11-1 so far and the last 3 look strong. But it doesn't matter. Thank you Pat White you suck.

This happens to me so many times per season I think it must be a record

Back