Week Six in the National Football League

Joe Public

Gabibbo's Finest
All right, last week did a lot of splitting, 4-4-1 or whatever it was. Let's see if we can tip that into more winning, shall we.

I actually don't like a lot of this card, at least, I don't like a lot of the numbers.

Here's what I do like:

Oakland +10.5/ML
I got this last Sunday, I think this line is a good six points away from wher it should be and won't be shocked if the Raiders win outright. Here's what worries me, teams can run on Oakland, teams can score on Oakland, and Daunte Culpepper.

Other than that, I love this team. Ha.

Oakland/SD over 44
Probably my favorite play of the day. I'd have put this number at 46 even then I still think both teams should get to 20 relatively easily. Depending on what SD looks like I'll look to bet the 2nd half over here too.

Philly -3
I want to like this more than I do. I know Andy's record off byes, I know the Eagles play the Jets well. I know they're not only getting people back from injury, but that the Jets suck. I know all that. But I also know the Eagles have put it together for only one game this year so far--and when we're in Week Six, that's not saying something very positive.

GB -3
Playing the bounce-back here, and the fact that Washington has to be feeling good about themselves after last week. I think they come back to earth this week.

Tennessee +3/ML
The only reason I am growing to dislike this play more and more is because the entire world seems to be on it. Monte Kiffin has always had good plans for Michael Vick and you need to be patient with the Bucs, you need to not do stupid things. And all VY did last week were stupid things. But TB is really banged up and I think you're going to see some bounce-back coaching from Fisher this week after all their mental stupidity last week.

Last, I have some on NE -3 which I bought down on the open and a ML parlay I like of Browns/Bears/Eagles/Cardinals, that pays about 3.5/1.

If the morning works out, I might look at the over in Seattle. And on Monday I really like the over, but that's not tomorrow so I'll save that.

Good luck tomorrow everybody.

would take the bears outta that parlay JP. dunno how anyone can feel confidnet backing a one dimensional bears team on sunday. benson and hestor are gonna both be non factors imo.

imma be on minny +6 and ml (almost certain).

dunno how anyone can feel confidnet backing a one dimensional bears team on sunday.

Five words, Brewer:

Tavaris Jackson on the road.

fair enough but benson and our just wonderful o line vs the purple people eaters fears me more. minny running attack should continue to do what they do, especially after GB exposed our run d last week.

good health on the play just had to throw some of my thoughts out there on the home town bears.

Yeah, I can see where you're down on your Bears--trust me, I understand it with the Eagles right now.

But I just like this spot.

They needed some good luck to finally happen for them, they got it last week. Now, Minny has had a week to prepare here, but I have a lot of trouble betting that offense outside on the road with a bad QB--either of them--going up against a smart defense.

I just don't trust the Bears offense that's the only reason I'm not laying the five, but I really do think this team 'should' win by a TD.

Had it not been for Farve's innacuracies in the 2half, I suppose GB could have gone on to win the game. I am not sure how it played out, cause I didn't watch it.

Bears in a ML parlay would be a good thing, but frankly, I hate to lay 5 in conference, with a pretty good D on the other side of the ball. I hated doing it, but I took the 5 with Minny for a small play, but don't really see them winning it, and it really wouldn't surprise me if the play lost.

I am ready to play Oak if I see a 10.5, but I just hate to do it with Culpepper at the helm. Norv is on the other sideline tho so that helps. No opinion on the over for this game.

I like the Philly bet, now that I see Westbrook is in. Got a crapppy number in 4, but I think Philly should have their way with the Jets D, and Chad can't really beat anyone not named Miami. They could prolly beat St. Louis too.

no opinion on GB, but that's the way I would go with it if I were to play. Was forced to watch the first half of last weeks Det/Wash game at the local watering hole, and Wash looked really good, cause the Detroit defense looked really bad. Portis did pretty much what he wanted, and Campbell was efficient throwing the short stuff and picking up some yards after the catch. BAR is right, Det cannot stop the screen pass.

Actually now that I typed that out, I may play GB if I can get them cheap in the morning. Maybe.

GL Joe

1-2-2 not counting the NE -3.

Or the three second half plays that lost today.

It's getting a little away from me in spots, I don't like it. Not much to say about the over in SD which I really feel should have hit, but these things happen.

Sort of like Adrian Peterson going for 300 yards against the Bears.

Hrumph.

Why wouldn't you count the Patriots win, and the 3 second half losses?

Because they're not really posted here.

I don't post a record for this exact reason. I don't make a point of betting something at half, then making sure I go note it in a thread somewhere, because something always gets forgotten or not noted or whatever. My exact record will never be accurate and I know it. Because I get stupid on halftimes or throw together some small ML parlay right before kickoffs based on a feeling or if I have the loose change in an account to do it.

I'm actually being too hard on myself in some ways. I did win the Bengals second half TT, I did have a 4 team ML parlay that won, but those plays, be they parlays or second half plays are never as big as full plays like these.

So while, say, those three 2nd half losses might equal one of the above, they basically got canceled out by other smaller wins. These are the big ones, the Raiders were a bad call, the pushes were what they were, and that over is gnawing on me.

Hey Joe,

These things happen man, you had that total capped right in SD, can't cap a team not getting points before the half when they have the ball at the one....you're a good capper, keep at it and you'll have that one big week soon :cheers:

Back