Week one with your boy Marsski

Marsski

MAC Marvel
YTD: 0-0

Gentlemen: Most of you know me, I like the MAC and am an Ohio U graduate. I will usually watch all their games and a good bit of the MAC whenever possible. Hopefully, i will be around more this yr than last year to share my thoughts.

Here's what I posted in VK's thread on my two MAC bets so far...

*Sprague makes plays with his legs but struggled with accuracy and holding onto the ball LY when he played. He's serviceable but not going to win any games with his arm. Bobcats have a deep stable of backs and I would look for them to lean on them especially early as they are breaking a bunch of new linemen. Numbers for Bobcats defense from last year look pretty bad but once LB Poling got hurt they really fell apart. I think the real OU Bobcats D is closer to what you saw in the first 6 games of the year last season especially with what should be a beastly D line.
Guess what I'm saying is that I like your under bet and added it myself @ 59.

As for the spread, Bobcats laying 21 to anyone is pretty suspect, I know next to nothing about Texas State. I would imagine they struggle to put up points in Athens and HC Withers got ran out of Columbus on a rail so not expecting them to be particularly well-coached. Texas State is moving out of that shitbag 4-2-5 so I would think they improve their defensive numbers over last year. I'm seeing something like 34-10, 31-17, comfortably under and close to the ATS number.

My only other bet so far is Toledo +3 @ Arky State. Not sure why a team that hung 63 on Ark State in the bowl game in '14, and 37 on them last year is a dog. Toledo's new coach looked fine to me in the bowl game when they handled Temple.Toledo has a "new" QB in Woodside, but he has played some and there won't be much or any drop-off from last year. Hunt will rumble all over these guys especially since his whole OL is back.

*Note: Sprague is NOT playing Qb for the Bobcats, he had some kind of throat condition and left the program. They are gonna be going with Windham, he's a dual threat guy who played a little bit last year. Not really sure what we have with him but it's more reason to be on the Under in my view.

My Bama Under bet is just strictly a bet on Bama D being beastly and Saban getting conservative and vanilla and taking the 35-10 win.

Leaning on Army, Clemson, Mizzou under and a few others

Week One card (WILL ADD HERE):

Toledo +3 for 1 unit
Dildoes TT Over 30.5 for half unit -115

Ohio U./Texas State under 59 for 1 unit
Bama/USC under 54 for 1 unit
Clemson -7 for 1 unit (-120)

Boise St. -19 for 1 unit

Good luck to all; comments and discussion always welcome here.
:shake2:

Last edited:

Gentlemen: Most of you know me, I like the MAC and am an Ohio U graduate. I will usually watch all their games and a good bit of the MAC whenever possible. Hopefully, i will be around more this yr than last year to share my thoughts.

*Sprague makes plays with his legs but struggled with accuracy and holding onto the ball LY when he played. He's serviceable but not going to win any games with his arm. Bobcats have a deep stable of backs and I would look for them to lean on them especially early as they are breaking a bunch of new linemen. Numbers for Bobcats defense from last year look pretty bad but once LB Poling got hurt they really fell apart. I think the real OU Bobcats D is closer to what you saw in the first 6 games of the year last season especially with what should be a beastly D line.

As for the spread, Bobcats laying 21 to anyone is pretty suspect, I know next to nothing about Texas State. I would imagine they struggle to put up points in Athens and HC Withers got ran out of Columbus on a rail so not expecting them to be particularly well-coached. Texas State is moving out of that shitbag 4-2-5 so I would think they improve their defensive numbers over last year. I'm seeing something like 34-10, 31-17, comfortably under and close to the ATS number.

My only other bet so far is Toledo +3 @ Arky State. Not sure why a team that hung 63 on Ark State in the bowl game in '14, and 37 on them last year is a dog. Toledo's new coach looked fine to me in the bowl game when they handled Temple.Toledo has a "new" QB in Woodside, but he has played some and there won't be much or any drop-off from last year. Hunt will rumble all over these guys especially since his whole OL is back.

*Note: Sprague is NOT playing Qb for the Bobcats, he had some kind of throat condition and left the program. They are gonna be going with Windham, he's a dual threat guy who played a little bit last year. Not really sure what we have with him but it's more reason to be on the Under in my view.

My Bama Under bet is just strictly a bet on Bama D being beastly and Saban getting conservative and vanilla and taking the 35-10 win.

Toledo +3 for 1 unit

I'm on the Ohio / Tx st. under as well . Good Luck this season. :cheers3:

thanks boys, looking forward to my first action tomorrow night...

Added Clemson -7 (-120) for 1 unit

May be adding Dildos Team Total tomorrow if 30.5 or under...

Toledo +3 for 1 unit
Clemson -7 for 1 unit (-120)

I like 3 of the 4 and am indifferent to the other. Hope we win

Always one of my can't miss threads. GL on the season and if you have the time, any thoughts on Western Michigan (this weekend or otherwise)?

Always one of my can't miss threads. GL on the season and if you have the time, any thoughts on Western Michigan (this weekend or otherwise)?

I probably lean catching points vs NW considering they hung around with Sparty last year. But I don't have a very good feel for NW to be honest and I like their coach a lot so I'm staying away.

Generally, I think WMU is right there with Toledo in the West and I have those 2 as the best in the MAC. Their offense should be explosive, but that D was pretty leaky last year. I think they go as far as the defense takes them because I expect a very good offense from them. This week should be a good test because you know NW will probably play smash mouth and how does WMU do against that because they are probably weaker up front then on the back end...
Go ahead and circle October 8 vs NIU, I think we see a changing of the guard in terms of the other MAC west team that competes with Toledo...could also see taking them @ Illinois here early...

BOL mars, on the Ark St team total myself but don't really see a reason we can't both win

Good morning, headed off to tailgate for the Buckeyes game here shortly so I won't be back around for a while. Ohio U on CBS Sports Network @ 3:30 for all you MAC fans, by the way.

Had to throw down on a noon game.
So someone out there likes LaLa as the spread has dropped to 19. Watching Toledo dismantle Ark State last night made me consider what we might see out of Boise State today. Very good offense, good for its league defense, and they head on the road to the Sunbelt.
I noticed in my Phil Steele that they have also lost three straight away openers (not last year they were home) so the seniors on this team haven't won a roadie to start the year. It's gonna be muggy, but I don't care as Boise has been practicing with the heat turned up. I smell a truck job coming. I'll bite.

Boise -19 for 1 unit

Back