Week One WEATHER Thread

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Post em as you know them. Obviously when this storm leaves Texas remnants could be somewhere.

Still a lot of uncertainty where it will go after the second landfall but there is a good chance of rain for games in North Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri, and North Louisiana next weekend.

A week later but to note.... LSU-BYU in Houston next week might be moved. Irony of ironies, per report, could be played in Superdome.

A week later but to note.... LSU-BYU in Houston next week might be moved. Irony of ironies, per report, could be played in Superdome.

If it moves to another neutral site, are current bets void? I assume they'd be void it it moves to Baton Rouge?

If it moves to another neutral site, are current bets void? I assume they'd be void it it moves to Baton Rouge?
Would think so. Especially if any bookmakers saw BYU fight tooth and nail against Portland St. Can't think they would feel good about their exposure but my guess is venue change auto-voids. I'll be bummed holding a LSU -12 ticket

Yea CK....I watched BYU last night......that gonna be nasty

Interesting fact. I bet BYU would rather play LSU....At NIGHT....in maybe the hardest place to play a game...with a maybe the latest kickoff time in Tiger Stadium history(or just real fuckin late)....instead of the SuperDome

Check y'all's calendars and see what is happening in the French Quarter this weekend.......

at201710.gif

Guys out west

Will BYU travel at all? Given the change and the weekend I just described?

What happens if the game goes to OT lol.....it is a late start

Guys out west

Will BYU travel at all? Given the change and the weekend I just described?

What happens if the game goes to OT lol.....it is a late start
You go to OT with those jabronis and O is fired on the spot and you may as well start your paperwork for Sunbelt application

It's been addressed, they will never start a game on Sunday but can play past midnight

And maybe I'm jilted by all the Mormon population in the PHX area but I just always assume BYU will travel, that program is sneaky national, kinda like Catholics and Notre Dame...is there a Mormon base in LA?

And maybe I'm jilted by all the Mormon population in the PHX area but I just always assume BYU will travel, that program is sneaky national, kinda like Catholics and Notre Dame...is there a Mormon base in LA?
I don't think so. From my understanding different parts of the state have heavy sects of christian denominations but can't see much mormonism down there. Think it's pretty much Catholic in south or Southern Baptist in the North?

I don't think so. From my understanding different parts of the state have heavy sects of christian denominations but can't see much mormonism down there. Think it's pretty much Catholic in south or Southern Baptist in the North?

Thanks, I've no clue...oblivious to that.

You liking team total unders? I somewhat do but now have to adapt to it being played in a dome on turf, kinda changes the dynamics a bit.

Thanks, I've no clue...oblivious to that.

You liking team total unders? I somewhat do but now have to adapt to it being played in a dome on turf, kinda changes the dynamics a bit.
I also prefer to avoid unders indoor. Just hit a very low percentage of them. If I could get a BYU TT at 17 I would bet that under though. I may just skip the game entirely though if it gets as expensive as it may with the venue change. Would love a look at Mangum INT props or a Canada (Squally) rushing total. Not sure what market will look like on props, was decent this past weekend in terms of offerings and tons of terrible stuff. I had a Col St QB yardage prop and still managed to win even with Oregon State throwing their most passes since 2014 lol

Wasn't it always going to be indoors on turf or were they planning to do something different in Houston this weekend?

I think they switched to turf a while back, roof likely closed this early in the season. Was definitely closed when we played Wisconsin in the same game in 2014.

Reactions: KJ
No Mormons here at all...

Mainly Catholic or WASP(learned that phrase here at ctg I might add lol)

Majority Baptist Country...I'm just south of BR in Ascension Parish...I don't think anyone down here has seen a Mormon

Wasn't it always going to be indoors on turf or were they planning to do something different in Houston this weekend?
My comment was in regards to potentially playing a TT under. I was going to be able to accomplish something similar with LSU -12 but after venue change I'm prob more interested in a BYU TT under than laying 17. In my mind they were both indoor venues but I wasnt considering betting an under initially.

Would think so. Especially if any bookmakers saw BYU fight tooth and nail against Portland St. Can't think they would feel good about their exposure but my guess is venue change auto-voids. I'll be bummed holding a LSU -12 ticket

Yep, called the book (bet it in Vegas) and they confirmed no action.

BYU fans travel well if they are within driving distance. Hence their good attendance at the Vegas Bowl every year. I don't think there is a population down there much like there is in the Phoenix area. Also, anyone having travel plans to see the game in Houston will have a hard time finding accommodations in NO with less than 1 week to prepare. I bet it's 90% LSU/10% BYU and I don't even think it will be a sell out. It may but last time there was a late reschedule I believe there were only about 50k in the seats.

Also, my LSU -13 was cancelled.

BYU vs LSU - Mercedez Benz Superdome - New Orleans, LA
Sat 9/2 307 BYU +16 -110 +550 o48 -110
9:30PM 308 LSU -16 -110 -800 u48 -110

Interesting they could have thrown 17 out there without blinking

They could have but not like byu some obscure pushover. I'd imagine there plenty of byu money out there. I guess maybe some would been scared off by cougs ugly performance last week but I tend to think ugly or not it a advantage for them to have got that one in and maybe the stinker out of the way..

BYU and a storm = Not a great number to shoot at anymore.

I played one over this week .. it's in Texas.

Bump

This Miami (O)/Marshall total has flown in my face, trying to figure it out and whether I should go for more

Back