Week One Opening Lines

TroyStacks

18" Pythons
September 6
New Orleans Saints at Indianapolis Colts (-6)

September 9
Denver Broncos at Buffalo Bills (+3 1/2)

New England Patriots at New York Jets (+6)

Philadelphia Eagles at Green Bay Packers (+3 1/2)

Pittsburgh Steelers at Cleveland Browns (+4)

Tennessee Titans at Jacksonville Jaguars (-6)

Chicago Bears at San Diego Chargers (-6)

Detroit Lions at Oakland Raiders (-3)

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Seattle Seahawks (-6 1/2)

New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys (-4)

Baltimore Ravens at Cincinnati Bengals (-3)

Arizona Cardinals at San Francisco 49ers (-3)

Gimme the guys in green as of now way to earlier to bet but this is what i'd take thus far

titans lost alot but personally i would never bet on 2 shitty teams like that just if i had to pick......

as for pats/jets pats will win by dd imo

i really like the patriots line, but it intrigues me as to why they aren't a 7 point favorite.

I like it though key offseason acquisitions as well as a great draft.

My brownies are getting 4 points, i may buy a point down and take steelers although i really would like to see the browns win that one, i don't see it at this point.

I may buy down with dallas as well, i think dallas should be a 5 to 6 point favorite. No tiki barber i don't think that have found his replacement in FA or the draft to supplement his production, also Plax has become more lazy and dosen't fight as much for balls any more.

Lastly, i would throw down money on the above but i do not know who is going to crash their motorcycle this year or who is going to tear their ACL surfing (if thats possible?)

Broncos, Packers, Cowboys all day. Where did you get these from. Its not even mini camp yet lol.

Key acquisitions or not, layin 6 on the road w/ NE here doesn't seem too smart..

Mangino showed how he can prepare a team vs Bellichek last year three seperate times...

I would assume that won't change and that will still be a dogfight...

Pts seem like the way to go there barring injuries.

Too many points for a low scoring game being coached by Norv Turner and two new coordinators.

which two would those be c?

i really dont like to get involved until week 3.

My leans as of now:

Indy -6
San Fran -3
Pitt -4
Also NYJ @ +6 at home and i'm sure it will go up, everyone and their mother will be on NE. Mangini gets his team ready for the Pats and I see this game as a FG either way.

do we have lines on these three games yet ...

atl at min
kc at hou
mia at wash

Lovin the broncos and steelers. Cant believe the eagles cant get any love. Cant understand what people are liking about Green Bay

texans are favored by 1.

line says right side is KC, but i don't see them beating houston.

wish line were hou -3.5, so public would get all over kc.

BeASaint, (oh fellow Baton Rougean) I am actually on the other side.
Thinking SD 'D' will slap Rexy around and the Bolts O will be just as potent as LY. I like SD by DD. 20-10.

under brewer????

both offenses i think would put up around 30. 30 to 33 game is what i expect.

i am curious why you are thinking under

New Orleans Saints at Indianapolis Colts (-6)

September 9
Denver Broncos at Buffalo Bills (+3 1/2)

New England Patriots at New York Jets (+6)

Philadelphia Eagles at Green Bay Packers (+3 1/2)

Pittsburgh Steelers at Cleveland Browns (+4)

Tennessee Titans at Jacksonville Jaguars (-6)

Detroit Lions at Oakland Raiders (-3)

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Seattle Seahawks (-6 1/2)

New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys (-4)

Baltimore Ravens at Cincinnati Bengals (-3)

Arizona Cardinals at San Francisco 49ers (-3)

I like all the teams in red.

INDY- Good value here under a TD. NO overachieved last year and played on alot of emotion.

BUF- This line is ridiculous. DEN OL is done, QB is young. I can't even comprehend this line. Fair value is BUF -2

PHL- Will absolutely destroy this team. Fair value is 7.

NYJ- This line is ridiculous. Another I can't comprehend. Fair value is NE -3

TEN- Another overlay. How can JAX be -6, lol.

SD- Will kill CHI. CHI was one of the phoniest teams last year. The defense is overated. SD under a TD is $$.

OAK- Fair value is -3, I will pass

TB- +6.5, lol. SEA is in decline. TB will play much better this year. Fair value is SEA -3.

DAL- I will pass at -4, though small lean on DAL.

CIN- Nice value here for CIN. BAL in decline, too much off from CIN in this game. CIN had the tough schedule last year and Palmer was hurt.

SF- Lean SF, but AZ has firepower, I don't like SF WR's. SF will be much better on def. I could change my mind on this game.

Again how in the world in DEN -3.5, lol

under brewer????

both offenses i think would put up around 30. 30 to 33 game is what i expect.

i am curious why you are thinking under

i really dont want to get into this too much this early but theres a bias in the market when two teams expected to put on a fireworks display go at one another. the under is my play (if any) in these games. if drives start to stall and teams settle for 3 this bet is gold. if instead they cash in for 7s each time well then u get ur 33 30 game. ill take my chances on the under one more time like i have in the past.

some of these lines i expect to move some more.

tampa at +7 (like i once saw) was a joke. i dont lay a td with teams who cant stop the run.

I like the under in the NO/INDY as well. The over # will based on last years results. Also, its the first week of the season as defenses will be ahead of the offenses.

I expect 51-52 and will be the under too.

speaking of last years results ... lot of these games are gonna end up having margins of victory far from the line because they are going to be based on last years results for the most part. the oddsmakers know as little about the opening weeks as you or i for the most part.

so i wouldnt bother with any teasers unless we get some lines at 1.5, 2, 2.5, -7.5, -8, or -8.5.

at the greek they have spreads and totals on all the games. i was most interested in the totals.

im not a totals player really (i like spreads) but i do like to side with the books.

all games but 3 have totals that are within 2 pts of last years numbers (Teams A's avg pts for and against in a game + Team B's avg pts for and against in a game).

the three games who do not are ...

tenn at jack ... should be 43, greek line is 37.
ne at jets ... should be 37, greek line is 41
chi at sd ... should be 46, greek line is 42.

books like a grinder in jack, a burner at jets, and a grinder in sd.

thought i mention what i found and get some more discussion going.

NE seems like one of those teams that is going to be good ATS this year b/c of all the recent additions but who knows how all of the new players they brought in will mesh.

Also, i don't like laying that many points against the jets whom have a head coach (can't think of him name right now) that has kept it close recently with the pats

Back