WEEK ONE NFL... G-Man's Early Selections

G-Man

Pretty much a regular
Starting with just six plays as of now.
3-3 YTD

Baltimore +3 over Tampa.
Simms will be shut down against a HEALTHY Baltimore defense. In a low scoring affair the home teams usually have to be superior to win. Ravens last year beat GB 48-3, Minnesota 30-23, and barely lost to Chicago 6-10. All nfc teams. Only bad game was at Detroit 17-35. All these games were with many injuries at key positions.
Buc's are in trouble and in for a home loss.

Kansas City -1 over Cincinnati. The offenses are even. But the Chiefs have the better defense. Opening at home for KC will be a win. The defense will be even better than LY with Herman Edwards as the new head coach.

Cleveland -3 over N.Orleans. Sainsts are improved some after last year with Brees at QB here. But the Browns are really an entirely different team on offense this year. Even with the horrible record LY they were still very good at home on defense. Add that with McGinest, and a few other defensive improvements and you have a winner at home this week in Cleveland. Browns could put up 27 points or more against a weak N.O. defense.

Jacksonville +1 over Parcells and Owens debacle.
Jaguars were the only team LY to beat BOTH Superbowl teams. parcells is a great coach with problems already. Bledsoe to Owens wont be connecting enough in JACKSONVILLE. THIS SHAPES UP AS A DALLAS CHOKE. And after the game Parcells will say we weren't ready at key positions.
J'Ville by 13.

Green Bay +3.5 over Chicago. Packers had numerous key injuries LY. When at home they still managed to be competitive despite their 3-5 home record. Brett Favre isn't done yet and I see a narrow win here for GB.

Big brother over Little brother.
Colts -3
over Giants. Simple play here. When Giants played good teams with above average quarterbacks they were scored on plenty. San Diego 45 pts, Seattle 24 pts, Denver 23 pts, Wash 35 pts, . Now Manning...?
Under rated defense on Indy holds down little brother enough here for this game.
Colts by 10.

:shake: .

Last edited:
Some interesting positions to be on Gman - personally I think Jax and Clev will struggle all year (think I had them both for less than 3 wins on the season)... Thus I'm agaisnt them both in this game. Do think Peyton will show whats up, and Baltimore is one of my surprise teams on the year.

GL to you!

Fondybadger said:
Some interesting positions to be on Gman - personally I think Jax and Clev will struggle all year (think I had them both for less than 3 wins on the season)... Thus I'm agaisnt them both in this game. Do think Peyton will show whats up, and Baltimore is one of my surprise teams on the year.

GL to you!

We have the predictably unpredictable Cowboys against a real playoff team from the AFC. Good health to you on Dallas.

Cleveland may struggle for enough wins for a playoff chance, that I'll give ya but, Saints here are really being bet as an age-old trend between the two and I have seen this offense in pre-season. Its truly far, far better than anyone could imagine compared to all the injuries they had last year.

At least we have the Ravens in common.

:shake:

Jacksonville under 3 wins on the year? After the way the played last year? I think they will be a wild card contender. Plus, they play the Texans twice, so saying that and not knowing their schedule I gotta give em at least 5 wins

Like Cleveland alot as well G-Man. But, there is NO WAY they score 27 points...LOL...I don't think they'll need it.

I like your pick on the Colts, but I disagree with you on the Cowboys.

The hell with the T.O. talk. Look for T.O. to be a decoy for Terry Glenn. People forget that he is one hell of a WR. Plus, Dallas's defense is good and gets better every game.

Good luck on those picks bro.

smh212 said:
Like Cleveland alot as well G-Man. But, there is NO WAY they score 27 points...LOL...I don't think they'll need it.

Trust me I have seen the changes. They will be very good against below ave teams.

G-man....I am really liking Balto & the Colts this week. Just for some giggles & being from Phila.....I might go with Jacks just to go against T.O. It's really too soon in the season to be laying alot of wood on these games so I am going to lay low & watch.

Free said:
G-man....I am really liking Balto & the Colts this week. Just for some giggles & being from Phila.....I might go with Jacks just to go against T.O. It's really too soon in the season to be laying alot of wood on these games so I am going to lay low & watch.

Free.

You da GIRL! Glad youre here.

:cheers:

G-man I wanted to let you know that I do like your picks. After last year I really don't trust the games, the spreads & the refs. Look what happened to Miami when they played Pitt.....I still really think that they call these games as they want them to be. I am treading very lightly & going to keep my eyeballs on the refs. calls.....staying away until I see things change some.....Good luck my friend.....kick ass tomorrow!!!!:15_10_6:

Free

G-Man

U pick the pro's like u do college and you'll have a great weekend bro!

Keep the winners coming bro!

:bow:

G-MAN.....LOOKS LIKE YOU WENT 3-3 NOT BAD FOR THE START OF THE SEASON.....IT'S REALLY HARD TO CATCH THESE GAMES SO EARLY IN THE SEASON....GLAD TO SEE YOU EVEN SO FAR....IAM GOING WITH MINN+4 & OCK+3 TOMORROW NIGHT....IF I GET THESE 2 PICKS RIGHT I'LL BE 11-4 OVERALL.....WISH YOU BETTER LUCK TOMORROW

FREE:cheers:

Mags said:
G-Man

U pick the pro's like u do college and you'll have a great weekend bro!

Keep the winners coming bro!

:bow:

I was LUCKY to go 3-3...real LUCKY!

:shake:

Back