Week of Saturday, September 26th Plays and Analysis Thread...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
4-5 (2.53) units

I waited another week to start firing more(yes, different approach...always trying to adapt). Saturday was a card I saw well on some sides and tt's but still taking it slow. Had a few more unposted one unit winners(Big Ups to Hunt to getting me thinking about ASU 2nd half over...ended up profiting on the game...little vino helped meto pull the trigger) as well as a late-night loser. The Ga St tt I went higher on but was literally played at last minute again. Definitely my proudest play so far this year. I'll try and stay on top of posting everything but that may be wishful thinking.

You obviously have prolly noticed me concentrating on Michigan games moreso this year and my very first angle after the coaching change and spring was tt unders for the opposition and that has worked well so far(depending on your UNLV number). This also coincides with game unders as UM tries both to get some stuff going on offense but also trying(cough, Rudock) not to lose games. I do think things will start to open up some moving forward. They were as bland as can be on Saturday for many reasons...

Let's start off with this BYU and Michigan game...

We all know that this is BYU's fourth tough game to start the year. No one will have played a OOC schedule such as this. They had the two miracles, lost their star and had control of the UCLA game only to lose it late. Very impressive start for them.

Before we look at the line or this and that lets look at the situational aspect of this game...

Michigan:

-3rd straight home game
-Off two pretty easy wins against some hot garbage from out west

BYU:

-4th straight game against solid opponents
-3 emotional endings to start the year
-Deflating result at UCLA
-Traveling east
-Noon eastern start

Now, this line opened 6 and quickly went down to 4. I would have bet BYU at 6 regardless of the situation, which isn't good for them at all. It has settled at 4.5 as of now. Very interested to see the total.

To be honest, I expect whoever wins the game to cover the spread at those numbers. I am not expecting a FG game whatsoever.

Michigan was very vanilla last week and has been. Not that I expect all sort of fancy stuff but I expect some new wrinkles. Drake is slowly coming back and they need him in the worst way. Ty finally got of the schnide last week and I hope he continues to progress forward. The defense has been very good. I expect nothing less and they are starting to force turnovers and that will be huge going forward. ST's have been good as well. This team is so close to a blocked punt it is scary.

I'll have more on this game this week. It is one of the more interesting matchups imo. This will be very telling for Michigan and also really tell us about the BYU moxie...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I've had Wisconsin game circled for a few months due to the travel from Hawaii to Columbus back to Hawaii and back east to Madison. That is brutal. I will be looking at this closely. I wish it wasn't an 8pm start(7pm locally) because if it was afternoon it would almost need to be a blind play in some shape or form.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Some few random thoughts:

I took Ole Mi$$ small, I feel that it is them and LSU as the beasts this year down south and that was a great win for them.

When is the breakout game for O$U offense? They have had one impressive half out of 6 hales so far this year and after the VT offense was made awful with the Brewster injury.

Notre Dame is very good and they will be fine. I didn't bet it, but I took it in the contests and was kicking myself after.

Minnesota offense looks great.

Never thought teams would have to prepare for the Northwestern defense.

Rutgers, oh my.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, I'll wait for totals to come out to start game-planning some potential plays. GL to all this week.

my man BAR this is 1 thread I like going 2 bol my brother MILLERS BAR baby yes bring STEED

who else is going come on you losers call in a sick day what day is it anyways:cheers3:

No opinion on Michigan game, fwiw.

Total has blossomed to 48.5.

I see a 24-21, 24-17, 28-24 type game.

But, this UM defense is REALLY good...today is a good barometer.

Got some plays on later games, see ya in a bit.

4-5 (2.53) units

I waited another week to start firing more(yes, different approach...always trying to adapt). Saturday was a card I saw well on some sides and tt's but still taking it slow. Had a few more unposted one unit winners(Big Ups to Hunt to getting me thinking about ASU 2nd half over...ended up profiting on the game...little vino helped meto pull the trigger) as well as a late-night loser. The Ga St tt I went higher on but was literally played at last minute again. Definitely my proudest play so far this year. I'll try and stay on top of posting everything but that may be wishful thinking.

You obviously have prolly noticed me concentrating on Michigan games moreso this year and my very first angle after the coaching change and spring was tt unders for the opposition and that has worked well so far(depending on your UNLV number). This also coincides with game unders as UM tries both to get some stuff going on offense but also trying(cough, Rudock) not to lose games. I do think things will start to open up some moving forward. They were as bland as can be on Saturday for many reasons...

Let's start off with this BYU and Michigan game...

We all know that this is BYU's fourth tough game to start the year. No one will have played a OOC schedule such as this. They had the two miracles, lost their star and had control of the UCLA game only to lose it late. Very impressive start for them.

Before we look at the line or this and that lets look at the situational aspect of this game...

Michigan:

-3rd straight home game
-Off two pretty easy wins against some hot garbage from out west

BYU:

-4th straight game against solid opponents
-3 emotional endings to start the year
-Deflating result at UCLA
-Traveling east
-Noon eastern start

Now, this line opened 6 and quickly went down to 4. I would have bet BYU at 6 regardless of the situation, which isn't good for them at all. It has settled at 4.5 as of now. Very interested to see the total.

To be honest, I expect whoever wins the game to cover the spread at those numbers. I am not expecting a FG game whatsoever.

Michigan was very vanilla last week and has been. Not that I expect all sort of fancy stuff but I expect some new wrinkles. Drake is slowly coming back and they need him in the worst way. Ty finally got of the schnide last week and I hope he continues to progress forward. The defense has been very good. I expect nothing less and they are starting to force turnovers and that will be huge going forward. ST's have been good as well. This team is so close to a blocked punt it is scary.

I'll have more on this game this week. It is one of the more interesting matchups imo. This will be very telling for Michigan and also really tell us about the BYU moxie...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I've had Wisconsin game circled for a few months due to the travel from Hawaii to Columbus back to Hawaii and back east to Madison. That is brutal. I will be looking at this closely. I wish it wasn't an 8pm start(7pm locally) because if it was afternoon it would almost need to be a blind play in some shape or form.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Some few random thoughts:

I took Ole Mi$$ small, I feel that it is them and LSU as the beasts this year down south and that was a great win for them.

When is the breakout game for O$U offense? They have had one impressive half out of 6 hales so far this year and after the VT offense was made awful with the Brewster injury.

Notre Dame is very good and they will be fine. I didn't bet it, but I took it in the contests and was kicking myself after.

Minnesota offense looks great.

Never thought teams would have to prepare for the Northwestern defense.

Rutgers, oh my.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, I'll wait for totals to come out to start game-planning some potential plays. GL to all this week.

:hang:

Back