Week of Saturday, October 4th Plays and Analysis Thread...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member

26-12-3 overall +12.24 units

A 4-2 week last week that I was pretty pleased with. If I don't make a semi-dumb decision Thursday and lose one I feel I shoulda won on Saturday it coulda been huge. I'll take it though. The easy part of the year is over at this point now it is about finding the right spots and whatnot as the volume of plays will decrease big-time...

Recap:

Iowa was a play that had to played at that number. Purdon't is god-awful. They had a defensive score but Iowa eventually wore them down. It still was a nailbiter because that is what happens with road favorites in a sheisty conference such as the B1G-10.

The play on Wisconsin at HT was a no-brainer. Bottom-line.

Maryland TT was looking at a short dog and knowing they could score plus playing a team off one of their biggest OOC wins in recent memory. Simple enough.

Earlier in the week I took Okie lite. I toyed with TT and played side instead and had some reasons. None were right and I got backdoored, it happens.

Sparty game over was easy and their personal one woulda been as well. I hate noon games and that prolly made me hesitate being much bigger on the game in general.

Arkansas TT looked like push at worst mid-way through 3rd and prolly a winner yet still lost even with OT. I still gotta watch in full 2h but this one bit me in the toucas, no doubt.

What I learned last week

I laid off several games and when it was all said and done that saved me money. Now could I have broke it down more? Sure, but overall I will take it. A lot of times some of your biggest 'wins' are your games you 'lay-off'.

Locally

Sparty is doing what they should. First home test this week with NU but should handle. It will suck for their fanbase(which 75% has 'arisen' out of the woodwork the last 4-6 years) but with this schedule and conference they need a lot of help to get into final four. Simply enough, other than Oregon they won't play much till Wisky in championship game. Ohio State is getting it together a bit but still pretty bad on defense which works in Sparty favor and with night game that should be a DD win.

Michigan is what it is, nothing more and nothing less, pure dumpster fire. Plenty pf talent but bad everything everywhere else. More than anything is how divided this team is. That is pretty sickening for any team but it is real bad. Locals get the whole 'faction' point wrt to the the University but damn on a smaller scale that is all over these kids as well, IMO.

Games I am Looking at

Just in general with no regards to home/road/fav/dog/TT/O/U/...

Zona/Oregon
ECU/SMU
ND/Stanford
Barn/LSU
Baylor/Tejas
Bammer/Ole Piss
Dumpster Fire/Rutgers
NU/Sparty

Okay, will go from here. I have a pretty 'long' week ahead as a parent is in for a major surgery and I will not lie I am nervous(it should be all good but always back of the head stuff) and will post as week goes on as I have time. I do see two plays I love, maybe three. We'll see. Other than that numbers/research/capping as the week goes on will determine the size of the card.

GL all, all opinions and thoughts always appreciated.:cheers3:

Nice work BAR, and sincerely hope everything works out with your family.

Thanks everyone...

Michigan State -7 -115

Will be on TT much bigger as well when available...

1looking forward to seeing the plays -!!!!! good luck man... my mom had a tumor on her pituitary gland non cancerous but still needed surgery due to location and it was dangerous as fuck, me my bro and dad were all nervous but you know what these people are smart as shit doing this stuff and itll be all good brah

Your "what I learned" is a valuable lesson. More often than not when I start adding games just for the sake of adding, it bites me in the ass.

BOL on the surgery for one of your parents, I hope all goes well.

Again, thanks fellas. It went 'ok'. Not bad but not great and another will be needed in the winter.

Two Utes, no doubt. Moreso than anything at this site I think the 'What we learned' threads and in yesteryear the Steele News and Notes threads are the things that can improve anyone week to week the best...

Good to see you recognizing MSU over's this year, been keeping me above water all season. TT over is something I will have to really consider as well. I could see them hanging a 42 or 45 in a best case scenario. A great thing about this play is the Michigan State kicker is near automatic, and the defense generates a ton of opportunities for the O.

You're going to have a great week

Again, thanks fellas. It went 'ok'. Not bad but not great and another will be needed in the winter.

Two Utes, no doubt. Moreso than anything at this site I think the 'What we learned' threads and in yesteryear the Steele News and Notes threads are the things that can improve anyone week to week the best...

Glad things went "ok" in the surgery. Toughest stresses are the ones where you have no personal control.

Gl with sparty

GL this week BAR.

btw that jug looks good in our trophy case. We had to dust it out first though lol.

Hopefully miss the system in the area... calling for first half rain in that game... hopefully not. I considered same team total but would need sunshine and not these 10-20 mph gusty winds. good luck with it though ... odu couldn't tackle me and you running behind an offensive line of your past bar pickups.

Hopefully miss the system in the area... calling for first half rain in that game... hopefully not. I considered same team total but would need sunshine and not these 10-20 mph gusty winds. good luck with it though ... odu couldn't tackle me and you running behind an offensive line of your past bar pickups.

It was going to be a bigger play but I made a bit smaller due to some factors...

I shoulda stuck with my gut and played Marshall bigger. Oh well, they been winning for me all year but I keep 'under-staking' them.

OSU acourse already hits TT.

ECU just simply cannot get off the field and the offense has regressed this half. They will prolly get to 49 so lose by the hook. Great effort by SMU.

I have to scrap my MSU TT plan. The weather just isn't going to be great. Bummer, might still hit but ya never know how the gameplan is altered.
728_410_141004201100.jpg

Sparty also seeing the light with the Oregon loss and OU down early..

Michigan State -7 -115

2 units total now.

Last one for me...

Michigan tt U21.5 -110

Clemson looks awesome so far. Baylor cannot move the ball at all so I'll be happy with a split maybe the Bears can make some adjustments.

I'm off for the day, GL to all the rest:cheers3:

Back