Week of Saturday, August 30th Plays and Analysis Thread...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Retro, right?

I will first state what I usually do with a first post of the season. I am going to try to get all my picks in this thread or at least tweet them out when I am 'en route' or working. Either way, those posted here or tweeted will count for my 'internet' record.

As I have mostly done in the past few years I will focus on a few areas...

-A certain group of teams I have studied pretty well
-Team Totals
-Halftimes
-Situational Plays

It keeps simple for me and for 3 of last 4 years has led to great falls for myself. Hopefully this will be another one.

This should be a great season in my opinion. We have a new system and perhaps some parity(to be determined, obviously). I am, honestly, most looking forward to the Pac-12 this season. This should be one of the better conferences in some time. There are the usual suspects as well. Locally, I am excited for our defense who will have to carry us early imho. Around the B1G, I expect Sparty to win this side of division. The schedule is just set up(again) for them. We'll see how much the young Buckeye QB has matured by November 8th.

As an aside, wrt to the forum. Lets all have a great season and help each other. No need for drama or INGAME fighting. Lets all help each other. There will be great info each week. Welcome to the new members and also to some old friends back around again.

I have one play in so far. In 'tru-esque fashion...

Washington -15.5 -110 2 units

I understand this line is no longer available. I played this at 4:58 am, August 24th. I honestly have not had the time since to start a thread.

I wanted under 17, that was my goal and why I played it when I could(I say when I could because I don't bet till game-week to start year anymore---too many injuries and suspensions).

I think they win by 20-24 points, so even with the hook it isn't too bad in my opinion.

I'll be back tomorrow with more perhaps. Lets get feet wet this week then the next 3 weeks is the time to make a big push then get more selective in conference season.

:cheers3:

good to see u on WASH. I lean there also. Bothers me that with Huskies Peterson out for this game and backups have thrown much in a real game...but then again they have a good O line in front of them and I just cant trust Hawaii's Woolsey. I will keep it small but Go Huskies
BOL on the season BAR

One play tonight...sorta a tail of sorts but had looked at it...

Ole Miss TTo31.5 -110

Not the full card but for now...

Marshall TT o42 -110 1.25 units
Florida TT o43.5 -1101.5 units
USC TT o39.5 -110 2.5 units
Florida -37-110 1.5 units

GL today Reno. With you on the first 3 TT's....against you on Bama total. WV defense impressed me once in a while last year and Bama QB issues worry me a bit.

Week one is all about winning a few bucks hopefully but learning...

I might/prolly will have a play on Sunday but doing my own personal recap real quick...

4-3-1 +0.82 units

I had a lot on the Florida game. I am glad after a delay it got postponed. The possible running clock plus wet conditions etc I was getting nervous.

Totally wrong on Washington. Hawaii shoulda won that game.

I have several more opening day thoughts I will post in next weeks thread plus appropriate 'what you have learned' thread.

GL today Reno. With you on the first 3 TT's....against you on Bama total. WV defense impressed me once in a while last year and Bama QB issues worry me a bit.

Yeah, it was one of the two smaller plays but you were right.

I hate this game is singled out on a Sunday night, would rather it be in the 'middle of the pack' on opening Saturday so I am sure the world on bets of some sort for Baylor points but back to what works...keeping small...

Baylor 1H TT o30.5 -115

Back