*Week of Nov. 3*

RunningBackU

Pretty much a regular
Hey guys, I have lurked here and that other site for the past year or so. I have done decent in CFB 59.7% and NFL 58.1% so far this season. I have decided it is time for me to come out the weeds and start posting my picks. I have followed some of you on occasion and love to see what angles other people take on games. For record keeping purposes my record is now (0-0). My lines come from Matchbook for the most part. In CFB, I am best on the SEC games, since I watch just about every one of them. I will give write-ups to my picks when I have time.

Leans:
Rutgers +2.5 (hoping to get 3)
Navy +3.5
NC ST +12
Mich -4
FSU +6.5(hoping for a 7)
Troy +16 (waiting on 17 or higher)
Over Arky/USC...depending on #
Under GT/VT.....depending on #

Locked In:
Clemson -16 +102 (2 units)
I see this line going nowhere but up. I decided to go ahead and jump on it. Clemson seems to dominate teams that are much lower than them in terms of talent. Plus, when they run the clock out they still seem to continue to get big plays in the running game. The loss of Jacoby Ford hurts, but it really shouldn't matter against Duke.

LSU -7 -107 (2 units)
It seemed LSU was wearing down through the stretch of UF, KY, and AU. The bye week couldnt have come at a better time. Every one of the starters on that LSU defense was recruited by Satan, as if they needed another reason to be fired up with a trip to Atlanta on the line. In their last game against Auburn, Early Doucet returned and made an enormous difference in the LSU passing game. This will be the 2nd good defense Alabama has played this yr with FSU being the first, and we saw what happened there. Plus, they will probably still be missing their 2nd best o-lineman in caldwell (goodluck blocking Dorsey...who by all reports will be back) and 4 other players due to "bookgate". I just see the talent disparity between these two teams being too great. I just hope Miles takes his meds before the game. If you are the better team, you don't need to take retarded chances. The Alabama front 7 is still the weakness of this team and will definitely be outmanned by the LSU O-line. Plus, the Doucet factor will make it difficult to bring that 8th man in the box.

Locked in Clemson myself, GL.

I saw runningbacku and assumed I'd see a Miami avatar:)

welcome, seems we've already met.

I like the LSU game a lot. That game has been on the minds of those kids for quite some time and although Bama only has 1 conference loss, I am not sold on them. I think LSU takes this team to the woodshed honestly and wins by 14-17+

good writeup on LSU. I compare this game to the FSU game as well. FSU's pass D is better IMO though. Caldwell is a huge loss, along with Marlon Davis. They are both definitely out. Coffee among a couple others are still "maybes". Coffee + Caldwell are huge. I don't think Bama will be able to stop a 3rd and 3 or less all game. I certainly won't be betting on either side, though, since ill be at the game. JPW showed me something I haven't seen in two years. He felt pressure, bought time, all while still looking downfield. He clicked last game vs UT. We'll see if he can still see the field vs LSU. I hope to you lose, but I won't put my $$ against you or my heart.

Will you be at the Iron Bowl?

RBU, I like LSU's spot this weekend. Being a student during Saban's regime (now an alum), my buddies and I have planned a weekend long celebration for this game.

I see your AU avatar, when is the Iron Bowl this year? I could look it up, but I'm lazy and am always on this forum.

Thanks for the kind words guys. Two more picks locked in for tonight. Hopefully, I can get a short write-up sooner or later.

Navy +3.5 -104 (1.5 units)
Delaware is a really strong lower division team, so don't base Navy on that game alone. I think Navy controls the clock and game with the option attack. Which is worse I ask: Navy's defense or Notre Dame's offense?

NC State +12 -109 (1.5 units)
I think this line should be somewhere between 7.5 and 10. I really see a 20-13 type game. I think the under deserves a look here also. I just dont see Miami being able to score more than 24 as long as NC ST takes care of the ball. Also, not that it matters but Kyle Wright is questionable for Miami.

Last edited:
BC, ill be in tuscaloosa doing the same. are you going to the game? iron bowl is in awbern on 11/24

No, I'm staying home for the game and weekend-long celebration. I viewed it as a lose-lose situation; LSU wins then they were supposed to and are rubbing it in by talking trash, and if LSU loses for some reason, then I wouldn't hear the end of it from my friends in T-town.

well enjoy it. i hope its a good game... im going down thursday night and coming back sunday. doing it right for my last home game of the year, no matter the outcome.

:cheers:

Well, I decided to take the under 40.5 in the GT/VT game while I was in class, so I didn't have time to post it. It won't count on my record win or lose.

I have locked in a few more the last few days.

Locked in:

UCF -13.5 -109 (1 unit)
UCF really impressed me on Sunday. I know it's a short week for them, but they are a very good team at home.
Michigan -3.5 +100 (1.5units)
I think the November Mich ST we love to fade begins to show up. Also, I think Hart and Henne should be close to 100% which makes an enormous difference.
Rutgers +2.5 -110 (1.5 units)
I am still not a believer in UConn. As soon as I saw the field conditions against USF, I knew USF was in trouble. It completely neutralized their speed advantage.

I will continue to wait for the Troy line to hopefully hit 17. I might have to settle and take FSU at 6.5.

Last edited:
Locked in:

Nevada -6 -106 (1.5units)
I love the fact that NMSU played at Hawaii late Saturday and really only had 2 days of real practice. This game being on a Friday really hurts them.
Temple ML +305 (.5 units)
Temple +9.5 (.5 units)
I just see alot of value here.

Last edited:
Updated card:
Temple +9.5 -L-
Nevada -6 -L-
Clemson -16 -W-
NC State +12 -W-
Navy +3.5 -W-
Rutgers +2.5 -L-
UCF -13.5 -W-
Michigan -3.5 -W-
UF-14 -W-
LSU -7 Push
I might take a look at the over in Arky/USC tommorrow. The health of Haugabrook has scared me off of Troy. Also, I think I will be on either FSU or the under tommorrow night.

Last edited:
Adding:
Oregon/ASU Over 61 -L-
FSU/BC Under 39.5 -L-

Small Plays:
Arky/USC over 50 -W-
Missouri -4 -W-

Last edited:
8-5 for the week in CFB

I feel like I was on the right side in a couple of my losses, but I won money...so I can deal with it.

Back