Week of 07/25/2016 MLB Discussion

Continuing to search for trends in my data, I have found 12 games in which there is a 6-0 trend and a 4-2 trend going since I started July 9. For the 4-2 trend, both losses involved the Washington Nationals. So take them out of the equation and we have a 10-0 trend going on. Out of those 10 games, 8 of them were won by 2+ runs. It just so happens that there are 4 games going on today that fit this 10-0 trend and none of them involve the Nats. The teams are: Blue Jays, Rangers, Cardinals (Game 1), and the Rays. I am already on all four FWIW.

Good Luck today Gentlemen!

:cheers:

Continuing to search for trends in my data, I have found 12 games in which there is a 6-0 trend and a 4-2 trend going since I started July 9. For the 4-2 trend, both losses involved the Washington Nationals. So take them out of the equation and we have a 10-0 trend going on. Out of those 10 games, 8 of them were won by 2+ runs. It just so happens that there are 4 games going on today that fit this 10-0 trend and none of them involve the Nats. The teams are: Blue Jays, Rangers, Cardinals (Game 1), and the Rays. I am already on all four FWIW.

Good Luck today Gentlemen!

:cheers:

would it really kill you to post the trend?

Cashner figures to get fried. Not seeing him playing on turf and 9.49 ERA with ump. Need to think about the total as the Padres can hit

Angels recalled LHP Tyler Skaggs from Triple-A Salt Lake.
Skaggs is over the elbow and shoulder troubles that have cost him nearly two years and will make his 2016 debut on Tuesday night in Kansas City. He dominated in his final two minor league rehab starts, racking up a combined 26 strikeouts in 12 2/3 innings for Triple-A Salt Lake. Get the 25-year-old southpaw activated in all standard fantasy leagues. Jul 26 - 4:27 PM

Ryan Zimmerman and Jonathon Papelbon can kiss my $&$

I've tried uploading my bet ticket but I can't get anything to upload to here on this crappy phone. He'll Zimmermans sorry ass arm still came into play at first and papelbon shit the bed. I had the braves, blue jays, white sox and the nationals in a money line parlay. Risk 26 to win 566. Cost me a killer day. Lucky I hit with the cards money line at 500 to win 700. Most other bets basically crossed each other out. First night back betting and can't complain though lol.

Well crud. Only I can take a 10-0 trend and go 2-2 with it. Anyway, FWIW, my numbers are saying the Twins are a good play today. Was wanting to read some of your thoughts on the game before I waste my money again.

:hang:

Well crud. Only I can take a 10-0 trend and go 2-2 with it. Anyway, FWIW, my numbers are saying the Twins are a good play today. Was wanting to read some of your thoughts on the game before I waste my money again.

:hang:

my thoughts are that Folty is way too good and the Twins are way too bad to have the number as high as it is. Sure the braves suck, but so do the twins, and Folty has been solid.

however, NBA fan would probably say that when a number seems much higher than it should be when looking at it as an average fan, that is when you SHOULD play it

pretty bad spot for the O's tonight - 3 game set against the Jays this weekend. I know they lost last night, but i would expect a look ahead. Ubaldo listed too i believe...hehe

Looking at the Twins and Over today

I may play Ubaldo. Still thinking. Small but clear bet on Davies.
Ray on 4 3-5 5.40 ERA
Davies on 4 3-1 2.15
He is better in the day as well
No ump insight with a new face
9-1 day for Marlins
Sale tends to do well on 6+ not sure about his emotional state
Ubaldo not an easy pick but Twins at home after a garbage game are not easy. Will think about it

Last edited:
Villar and Lucroy sitting this afternoon for Milw.... Villar sporting a .910 OPS vs lefties through 107 at-bats for the season

Villar and Lucroy sitting this afternoon for Milw.... Villar sporting a .910 OPS vs lefties through 107 at-bats for the season
Milwaukee catcher Jonathan Lucroy is out of the lineup today against Arizona lefty Robbie Ray, but hold the hysteria. It's a day game after a night game and Lucroy is hitting .238 vs. left-handers this season, so it makes sense for Brewers manager Craig Counsell to rest him in favor of Martin Maldonado. There's a good chance Lucroy gets moved by Monday's deadline, but he's sitting today because it was a scheduled day off -- not because a trade is imminent.

fwiw, Lucroy has a career .833 OPS vs LHP through 677 at-bats. I hope the Indians come out victorious in the Lucroy sweepstakes with Gomes on the DL who was slumping before he injured his shoulder anyway.

Pirates prospect Steven Brault will start against the Brewers on Friday.
Brault has made one start with the big league team this season, yielding two runs (one earned) against the Cardinals on July 5. In a larger sample, the 24-year-old southpaw holds a 2.15 ERA, 1.25 WHIP, and 66/22 K/BB ratio in 11 appearances -- 10 starts -- covering 50 1/3 innings with Triple-A Indianapolis. He draws a nice matchup against the Brewers and makes for a playable DFS option this weekend. Jul 27 - 10:14 PM
Source: Dejan Kovacevic on Twitter

Braden Shipley's major league debut didn't go well, as he allowed six runs over 5 1/3 innings in a loss to the Brewers.
Shipley served up a homer to the second batter he faced -- Scooter Gennett -- and wound up allowing three longballs on the night. He also walked four batters and gave up eight hits overall. It was a forgettable major league debut, but Shipley should get another shot this weekend against the Dodgers. Jul 26 - 12:11 AM

Diamondbacks purchased the contract of RHP Braden Shipley from Triple-A Reno.

Shipley will make his major league debut Monday against the Brewers. The 25-year-old posted a 3.70 ERA and 77/22 K/BB ratio in 119 1/3 innings over 19 starts this season in Triple-A. It's unclear if he'll keep a rotation spot once Zack Greinke (oblique) is ready to return.

RotoGrinders.com Daily Slant: Shipley was the 15th overall pick back in the 2013 draft, but hasn't been great at the AAA level with just a 15.5 K% in 119.1 IP on the season. While the Brewers do strike out a ton against RHP (26.3 K%), they are in a nice spot tonight with one of the highest team totals on the slate. All of the bats in the top six of the order are squarely in play, and stacking up any combination of them is a fine GPP move. Jul 25 - 4:14 PM

Anyone else leaning M's today? If Miley can keep em in it I think it's worth a shot over 2
bills....maybe F5 too.

the mets rl and tt over looks decent...

toronto tt over, tigers tt over, texas tt over

very humid in the north east...

Ump is a problem with Dallas. Last game with him he had a shut out. Last 3 games 6.28

Back