Week 9 Write ups, hopefully feedback

Br@ssknux

Pretty much a regular
Last week was a farce, 5-8. Brings the season total to 57-46-3 (.553). I can't get too mad about it because I auto played some games that were huge trend positives that I couldn't pass up (K State, Central Mich, Baylor). I pretty much blindly played Utah too (that was a mistake) and those went 0-4. Moving on...

Week results:

Oregon +3 WIN
Penn State -5 WIN
Nebraska -7.5 LOSS
South Carolina +15.5 WIN
BC +3 LOSS
Oklahoma State -2.5 WIN
San Diego State -3 WIN
Navy -7 WIN
Temple +11 WIN
Washington State +10 WIN
Michigan -11 LOSS

Not counting because I didn't post it earlier (missed on the cut and paste) Virginia +6 Win

8-3 for the week. Decent bounce back.

I rarely play weeknight games because I've had terrible luck with them, but I have to jump on this one.

1. Oregon +3(-115) @ Arizona State: If you take a look at this one on paper, I give a slight edge to Oregon in the stats. Oregon's issues this yer have been defensively, ranking 70th overall in yards per play, 82nd against the run and 83rd against the pass, but ASU has been just as bad offensively, with their numbers not giving them any kind of statistical advantage over the Ducks. The Devils can't run the ball, and QB Mike Bercovici has been terribly inconsistent this year, ranking only 75th in passer rating.ASU does a great job in stopping the run, but I'm not sure they'll be able to do so in this type of situation with a dynamic running QB loosening things up and their pass D has left a lot to be desired.(83rd in passer rating against). The Ducks numbers have been hurt due to the absence for a good chunk of the year of QB Vernon Adams, who came back in force last week to lead the Ducks to a familiar offensive number over a very solid Washington defense on the road, and he'll be in the lineup tonight. Both teams are off a bye, so the back to back road games shouldn't be a problem for the Ducks, and on the road is where they thrive. Both of their losses this year have been at home, and they've outgained their 3 road opponents by more than 100 yards per game. In the last 8 meetings between these two, the Ducks are 8-0 straight up and 6-1-1 ATS, and they torched the Sun Devils by 48-13, 54-20 42-31 and 43-21 scores in Tempe. As a road dog since 2010, they've only been dogged 3 times(twice this year) and naturally, they're 3-0 ATS. On the road overall, they clock in at 20-6 ATS since 2010! In my world, for ASU to be favored in this game, despite Oregon's struggles, the Sun Devils would need to be some sort of unstoppable juggernaut, or at least have some impressive statistics or evidence of dominance. They are obviously far from that. Shit, they're only 4-3!! For whatever reason, the oddsmakers and the public are overreacting to Oregon's issues, but I'll gladly take points with these guys if they want me to, based both on their history as well as the technical matchup.

Last edited:
I have been fading Oregon all season, but I do kind of feel like this is the week that the line has shifted too far away from them. I would agree that taking themand the three points is the right play here.

LOL thanks guys but I needed a Hail Mary style 4th down pass to get to OT! It looked good when I went to bed at 17-7 Ducks, but ASU put up 700+ yards on them. A fortunate cover for sure, although the Ducks out yarded them on a per play basis, so there's that.

2. @Penn State -5 v Illinois: This line dropped all the way to 4 earlier today, but now I see it's back to 5. I would probably like this one up to 7, and possibly a bit more than that, so I'm ok with it. The Illini aren't a bad squad...they are actually pretty stout on defense and are certainly not getting pushed around on either side of the ball, but their offense is so banged up that I don't think they can score enough in this spot to hang on the road. Despite their defense's expolits this year, in their two road games they've given up 48 and 29 points, albeit to 2 teams with a combined record of 13-1. If they give up even 24 this week, I don't see how they can hang because their offense is so banged up. Whenever teams get banged up and face a solid D on the road, they morph into "offense in a phone booth" and spend most of their energy trying not to turn the ball over. Illinois is at their best when they are throwing the ball deep in the middle of the field, and Bill Cubit has been terrified of doing that in recent weeks. No Josh Ferguson, no Mike Dudek, a banged up Geronimo Allison and only 1 of their top 5 running backs remain for the God forbid if anyone else gets injured. Offensively, Penn State is no great shakes, but I really like Saquon Barkley at RB, and as I mentioned, the Illini have been much worse on the road. If they were completely healthy with their full complement of players I could see them making this a game, but it looks more like a repeat of their game last week(a 24-13 loss to a pedestrian Wisconsin outfit) to me...maybe worse.

3. Nebraska -7.5 @ Purdue: Although Tommy Armstrong is out in this one, I still think the Huskers are the play, even though Nebraska is starting a kid at quarterback by the name of Ryker Fyfe. Apparently, the kid has looked good at practice, and per Mike Riley, they aren't limiting the playbook at all for him because they feel like he can handle it. Purdue is a decent play as a road dog because they often catch teams fat and happy favorites snoozing and it's not like they are completely atrocious. However, at home, when catching much smaller spreads, they are fighting an uphill battle. On paper, they don't excel at a damn thing. The best ranking they have in any discernible category is 85th in passer rating against. They don't stop the run well, they can't stop the pass, they can't convert third downs, they can't stop other teams from converting theirs downs, they don't put pressure on the quarterback, they get sacked themselves incessantly, and they certainly can't run the ball or throw the ball downfield with any semblance of competence. Their special tams are offensive to watch, and ranked by Football Outsiders as the worst in FBS (#128) Other than that, they're pretty good. Nebraska has MAJOR edges in the running game on both sides of the ball as well as on third down. Since Hazell has been there, Purdue have been dogged at home 16 times, and they're 3-13 ATS in those games(by the way, one of those covers was by a point in which they lost outright as the only conference team Tim Beckman ever beat on the road, so even that is an egregious cover). Maybe they'll rise up and collectively show a pair, but their chances for a bowl season are already a bitter memory, so as soon as a couple breaks go against them they are likely to pack it in.

4. South Carolina +15.5 @ Texas A&M: First things first: How in the hell did this South Carolina team beat North Carolina on a neutral field? At the time, I thought that one was a bad beat, but holy shit....Marquise Williams had to play his 0.0000001 percentile game in order for them to not win that game, and he didn't even do that, so they didn't cover. Since then, the bottom has dropped out for the Cocks with the Ol Ball Coach hanging it up. They appear to be on a bit of an upswing though as SC promoted a meathead rah rah type that college kids usually respond to, and they had a week off to get all excited about this trip to College Station. If anyone watched A&M's game last week in Oxford, but that might have been the most pathetic effort I've ever seen from an otherwise previously competent team. Kyle Allen apparently forgot how to throw a forward pass overnight, and the whole team appears to be in some sort of in-fighting shitstorm according to reports. The other hotshot QB recruit they have has been pouting due to lack of PT so much that they refused to use him last week, and Sumlin looks to have botched communication with him. It's assumed that they'll be much better this week regardless of who they use, but they better be, because that was Jimmy Clausen's freshman year at Notre Dame bad last Saturday. South Carolina has made the odds on logically correct move of going back to Perry Orth at QB, and I really like both Pharaoh Cooper and Brandon Wilds at the skill spots for the Gamecocks. I think Wilds has a great shot of running well on A&M's defense (87th in ypc against), and if the Cocks can put some points on the board, they have a great shot to hang in a game in which A&M appears very dysfunctional.

5. @Boston College +3 v Virginia Tech: When VT has faced solid defenses, the results have been ugly, and they'll be facing one of the top ones in the country on the road this week. Of course, BC, is almost as bad on offense as they are good on defense, but VT has not been anywhere close to as good on defense this year as they have been in the past, and this is the kind of defense that BC has a fighting chance to move the ball against.They'll be trying to run the ball, and that has been a major issue for VT this year as they are ranked 93rd against the run. Other than against apparently superhuman Clemson, BC has stopped everyone cold, and I will be stunned if VT can mount much of an attack this week, Michael Brewer or no Michael Brewer. Steve Addazio is no brain surgeon out there, but he is better than this version of Frank Beamer. In what will probably be a very low scoring game, I'll take the home squad with the FG.

GL on your plays. Like Barkley to have a nice game this weekend after playing big at Ohio State but then struggling at Maryland.

7. Oklahoma State -2.5 @ Texas Tech: I understand the draw for people to favor Texas tech in this matchup. Tech has the history of crazy Halloween night activities, and offensively they can put up points on anyone. Also, I'd agree that Oklahoma State is nt what we would call a runaway freight train of an undefeated team. They've been rather pedestrian at times offensively, but they'll no doubt be able to score excessively in this game because Texas Tech can't stop a soul on defense. 119th in yards per play, 122nd in rushing yards per game, 108th in passer rating against and 121st in 3rd down conversions against. The Raiders are certainly competent on offense, but Okie State has been amon the best teams in the Big 12 on defense. How about these numbers: 13th in yards per play against, 20th in rushing defense and 15th in passer rating against. The OSU defense is miles ahead of Tech's, and I'd say there's no doubt that the Cowboys will have less problem moving the ball than Mahomes and company. With a defense like that, I need a heck of a lot more than 2.5 points to take my chances against any competent offense, especially one coached by an ATS stalwart like Mike Gundy. (44-27 ATS in all games since 2010, 18-11 on the road).

8. San Diego State -3 @ Colorado State: CSU is feeling the effects of the loss of Jim McElwain, as even though they have some nice pieces back (including national returning TD leader Rashard Higgins), they haven't been the same offensively as they were last year. They rank 81st running it, and 82nd throwing it. They are coming off a nice home win against Air Force their last time out, but they've been very mediocre the rest of the year. In contrast, San Diego State, after getting off to it's usual slow start, is on an absolute roll right now. In their last 4 games, conference games in which they were dogged 3 out of the 4, the Aztecs have outgained their opponents by an average of 222 yards per game!!! Returning national rushing leader Donnell Pumphrey has gotten back on track, including rushing for 181 yards against Utah State last week, who were previously ranked in the top 10 against the run in the country. The Rams will have to put their big boy pants on if they want to avoid a woodshed visit with Pumphrey because to date they rank 115th against the run. Defensively, SDSU has settled in to rank 10th in rushing D and 8th on 3rd down defense. CSU is typically a tough customer in Ft. Collins, so that's why the spread is likely where it is, but this looks like a very tough matchup for them this week.

Sorry out of chronological order....

9. @Navy -7 v South Florida: So far this year at home, Navy has beaten Tulane by 17 (when they played like crap), East Carolina by 24 and Air Force by 22. South Florida managed to beat UCONN on the road, but lost to Maryland by 18 and in the process managed only 300 total yards against a defense that couldn't stop a D-3 squad right now. The MIddies are a resourceful bunch this year, and it doesn't take much for them to to slog along through a game and then find themselves up 20+, as the teams I mentioned earlier have found out. South Florida is getting better under Willie Taggart, but I doubt they have the discipline to hang with navy for 4 quarters.

2. @Penn State -5 v Illinois: This line dropped all the way to 4 earlier today, but now I see it's back to 5. I would probably like this one up to 7, and possibly a bit more than that, so I'm ok with it. The Illini aren't a bad squad...they are actually pretty stout on defense and are certainly not getting pushed around on either side of the ball, but their offense is so banged up that I don't think they can score enough in this spot to hang on the road. Despite their defense's expolits this year, in their two road games they've given up 48 and 29 points, albeit to 2 teams with a combined record of 13-1. If they give up even 24 this week, I don't see how they can hang because their offense is so banged up. Whenever teams get banged up and face a solid D on the road, they morph into "offense in a phone booth" and spend most of their energy trying not to turn the ball over. Illinois is at their best when they are throwing the ball deep in the middle of the field, and Bill Cubit has been terrified of doing that in recent weeks. No Josh Ferguson, no Mike Dudek, a banged up Geronimo Allison and only 1 of their top 5 running backs remain for the God forbid if anyone else gets injured. Offensively, Penn State is no great shakes, but I really like Saquon Barkley at RB, and as I mentioned, the Illini have been much worse on the road. If they were completely healthy with their full complement of players I could see them making this a game, but it looks more like a repeat of their game last week(a 24-13 loss to a pedestrian Wisconsin outfit) to me...maybe worse.

It wasn't that long ago that I remember LSU rolling up the Illini in the 2002 Sugar Bowl.....I think they were like 10-1 and LSU for sure had 3 losses.....Kurt Kittner( He's a pahhhkit pahhhhser LOL, I can still hear my friend's cousin from the Chi )......First BCS game that I went to that LSU was involved in....

Enough reminiscing.....1st off, the best write ups on the net, hands down. Easy for the beginners and in depth enough for the pros. Good luck as always bro, not against any so far.

Curious, why is Illinois not very good? I would think Chicago puts out some athletes from the city....I know they do for basketball right? It seems that a good coach could get something going there......thoughts?

Again, kill 'em this wknd:shake:

10. @Temple +11 v Notre Dame: Temple is in rare territory here as they'll be on national TV with the College Gameday treatment, but I really like their chances. First of all, they are legit defensively. They dominated a Big Ten team in week one against Penn State and completely shut down a very good offense in East Carolina for the entire 2nd half last week. Their MO on offense is to run it with RB Jahad Thomas, and Notre Dame is 100th against the run. Defensively, Temple is stout in all areas: 6th against both the run and the pass and 8th in overall yards per play. We should also remember that Notre Dame was pretty much dead to rights on the road at Virginia earlier this year. Temple has found a way to cover( and win for that matter) the last few years, and since Matt Ruhle has been there, he's 10-2 ATS when dogged by more than 7 points.

11. @Washington State +10 v Stanford. It's always dangerous to fade Stanford, but I think the Cougs are ready to punce here. Stanford has been great in recent weeks, but they are due for a clunker, and a lot of sizable favorites have failed to cover there over the years. As good as Stanford's defense has been over the years, they are giving up more than their fair share of yards and points this year and the Cougs can definitely put up some yards and points. They've scored pretty much at will in recent weeks, and although I'm sure Stanford will have some offensive success, so will Leach and company. Luke Falk has been a machine lately. If Stanford isn't ready to play, it could be a long night for them.

Last edited:
Plenty of other midwestern schools you're gonna need to compete with...especially Notre Dame who always recruits Illinois very hard.

But yeah, get the right guy in at Illinois and I'm sure they can build that program up. Beckman was obviously terrible.

Curious, why is Illinois not very good? I would think Chicago puts out some athletes from the city....I know they do for basketball right? It seems that a good coach could get something going there......thoughts?

10. @Temple +11 v Notre Dame: Temple is in rare territory here as they'll be on national TV with the College Gameday treatment, but I really like their chances. First of all, they are legit defensively. They dominated a Big Ten team in week one against Penn State and completely shut down a very good offense in East Carolina last week. Their MO on offense is to run it with RB Jahad Thomas, and Notre Dame is 100th against the run. Defensively, Temple is stout in all areas: 6th against both the run and the pass and 8th in overall yards per play. We should also remember that Notre Dame was pretty much dead to rights on the road at Virginia. Temple has found a way to cover( and win for that matter) the last few years, and since Matt Ruhle has been there,

11. @Washington State +10 v Stanford. It's always dangerous to fade Stanford, but I think the Cougs are ready to punce here. Stanford has been great in recent weeks, but they are due for a clunker, and a lot of sizable favorites have failed to cover there over the years. As good as Stanford's defense has been over the years, they are giving up more than their fair share of yards and points this year and the Cougs can definitely put up some yards and points. They've scored pretty much at will in recent weeks, and although I'm sure Stanford will have some offensive success, so will Leach and company. Luke Falk has been a machine lately. If Stanford isn't ready to play, it could be a long night for them.

BANG

GL to us here.....2 out rights will NOT surprise me, at all

It wasn't that long ago that I remember LSU rolling up the Illini in the 2002 Sugar Bowl.....I think they were like 10-1 and LSU for sure had 3 losses.....Kurt Kittner( He's a pahhhkit pahhhhser LOL, I can still hear my friend's cousin from the Chi )......First BCS game that I went to that LSU was involved in....

Enough reminiscing.....1st off, the best write ups on the net, hands down. Easy for the beginners and in depth enough for the pros. Good luck as always bro, not against any so far.

Thanks as always Twink. Holy shit...I could write about 10 paragraphs on this question.

The short answer to your question is that Chicago is in the state of Chicago. Take Chicago out of the state and it's just a long stretch of cornfields...not much different than Iowa or Nebraska, and the football talent in the rest of the state isn't probably even as good as those two states. There are so many midwestern transplants that live in the Chicago area that although Illinois alums outnumber everyone else, there just isn't an overall affinity for Illinois. Here's an example: The first house I bought was in a western suburb of Chicago located in a school district that fed into the most competitive high school conference in the state. Just on my block, we had a Michigan alum, a Wisconsin alum, an Iowa alum and a couple families who were rabid Notre Dame fans. The guy who went to Iowa had a kid who was a stud running back. He eventually got hurt, but even if he didn't and turned out to be a top notch recruit, there's no way in hell he's going to Illinois because his daddy went to Iowa and he grew up an Iowa fan. Champaign is 2 and a half hours away, about the same distance from where I lived as Iowa was and further away than Madison for example. Chicago is also a pro sports town...people don't care that much about college sports which is the exact opposite of places like Columbus (with a 1 million plus population) and the Detroit area. Ann Arbor is only about 30 minutes or so from the Detroit area., and both Columbus and Detroit don't have anywhere near the transplants that Chicago has. The "pro" team in Columbus(and much of Ohio, a very big state) is the Buckeyes. In my opinion, if the University of Illinois was in some place like Joliet or Naperville, within the Chicago area, you'd have a similar dynamic to what OSU and Michigan have, maybe better, because places like Iowa and Wisconsin, who are heavily reliant on Chicago for players, would probably get shut out.

I do think a really good coach could win big in Champaign, especially with the dynamic as it is in the west in the Big Ten. Illinois is a top 25 academic school in the country, and the rest of that division is in a bit of a state of flux, with new coaches at Nebraska, Wisconsin and now Minny. Purdue and Northwestern don't scare anyone, and Iowa is up and down. It certainly doesn't scare you as much as the east with harbaugh and Urban Meyer over there staring at you.. It's been hard to do in recent years but they've got some talent in there now. If a bonafide imbecile like Tim Beckman can bring talent in there, a solid smart coach could certainly do it too. They certainly are capable of doing what Iowa is doing this year, for example.

Sorry for the long winded response!

One other thing as Phife mentions....The Chicago Catholics all have a loyalty to Notre Dame. HUGE following there. I have to admit, I wasn't much of a football player, but if I was, as a Catholic boy growing up in the late 80's I wouldn't even have considered anywhere other than Lou Holtz and ND. In the Chicago catholic league, which is a great conference, if you are good enough to play at Notre Dame, you go to Notre Dame.

BOL Brass - great stuff as always. You have me particularly interested in and going back and looking at Ok St., my initial Navy lean and SC. Have a great weekend.

One other thing as Phife mentions....The Chicago Catholics all have a loyalty to Notre Dame. HUGE following there. I have to admit, I wasn't much of a football player, but if I was, as a Catholic boy growing up in the late 80's I wouldn't even have considered anywhere other than Lou Holtz and ND. In the Chicago catholic league, which is a great conference, if you are good enough to play at Notre Dame, you go to Notre Dame.
You hit the nail on the head. I grew up in the Joliet/Lockport area, so I know what you are talking about.

Always enjoy your writeups, Brass, and I agree with most of them. With you on Okla State, Navy, and Wazzou. May wind up on SD State as well. I like it, but I HATE to give points on the road and I'm already doing it with Okla State.

I'm never surprised when any big city, Chicago included, puts out few football players who are any good. Inner city schools turn out plenty of basketball players, but you don't find many football players and you don't find many colleges interested in recruiting the few the inner city schools do turn out.

It's the same in most places, at least the ones I'm familiar with, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Dallas, Houston, Tulsa, Oklahoma City, Denver, Seattle. The suburban schools in the small communities surrounding the big cities and the Catholic schools turn them out left and right, but the vast majority of inner city schools don't have good programs or good players.

Good luck this week.

Agree on Ok St. I think the TTech "Halloween effect" would mean something at night, but not in the middle of the afternoon.

You hit the nail on the head. I grew up in the Joliet/Lockport area, so I know what you are talking about.

Were you a Porter, Bear? I grew up in Riverdale...a decnt drive east of there. Used to be a nice place but I wouldn't want to live there now.

Always enjoy your writeups, Brass, and I agree with most of them. With you on Okla State, Navy, and Wazzou. May wind up on SD State as well. I like it, but I HATE to give points on the road and I'm already doing it with Okla State.

I'm never surprised when any big city, Chicago included, puts out few football players who are any good. Inner city schools turn out plenty of basketball players, but you don't find many football players and you don't find many colleges interested in recruiting the few the inner city schools do turn out.

It's the same in most places, at least the ones I'm familiar with, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Dallas, Houston, Tulsa, Oklahoma City, Denver, Seattle. The suburban schools in the small communities surrounding the big cities and the Catholic schools turn them out left and right, but the vast majority of inner city schools don't have good programs or good players.

Good luck this week.

Amen brother. I hate it too, but those 2 look like bargains to me at the short number.

As for the city, I agree. Chicago Public League has produced a decent amount of good players, but the vast majority of them come from the DuPage Valley, SICA, etc.

Adding one more:

12. Michigan -11 @ Minnesota: Road favorite disclaimers apply here, but as this line drops, the more I look at this one, the more I like it. Minnesota will likely be highly motivated, given the developments with Jerry Kill this week, but this is a bad matchup for them. I have no earthly idea how Minnesota is going to score on Michigan, and although you can make a case that Michigan will have a hard time scoring as well, a closer look reveals that the Gophers have not been a very good run defense. Nebraska gashed them the last time out and Northwestern's Justin Jackson went for more than 5 per carry against them as well. As the season unfolds, Harbaugh is having more and more of an effect as he puts his stamp on this team, and guys like Amarah Jarboe are turning into big play threats. I think DeVeon Smith and their other backs have a great chance to run effectively which will lessen the chance of Jake Ruock having to have much of an effect on the game. If Minnesota has any success on offense I will be surprised. I see a 27-6 type game in this one.

Shit.......you might have noticed that the numbers of my plays went from 6 to 8. Not that it matters now, but just as an FYI, this was number 7...

7. @Virginia +6 v Georgia Tech: Georgia Tech got off the schneid in spectacular fashion last week, knocking off previously unbeaten Florida State. Maybe it will catapult them to a streak that lands them in some third rate shit bowl after sucking ass for the previous 5 weeks, but i'm going to focus on the whole year's worth of data. The 5 losses include 4 in which they lost outright as favorites, and they are back in that role this week. Virginia's numbers look terrible, but they've played arguably the toughest schedule in the country, including games with UCLA, Notre Dame, Boise and North Carolina. Other than the Boise debacle in which everything went wrong, they've competed in all of those games and actually had a very nice offensive game in their home win against Syracuse. My point is this is not as bad a team as they look on paper, and Georgia Tech has proven that they certainly can't be trusted in the favorite's role, especially at almost a TD.

Count me as one who was stunned by this box score. I watched most of the game and I still can't believe it. Michigan was giving up 203 yards per game coming into this one. Minnesota was the 102nd ranked offense in the country in yards per play.

Stats

[TABLE="class: sdi-data-wide, width: 333"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="class: sdi-datahead-sub, bgcolor: #F3F3F6"] [/TD]
[TD="class: sdi-datahead-sub, bgcolor: #F3F3F6"]Michigan[/TD]
[TD="class: sdi-datahead-sub, bgcolor: #F3F3F6"]Minnesota[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: sdi-datahead-sub-nb, bgcolor: #F3F3F6"]Score[/TD]
[TD="class: sdi-datacell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]29[/TD]
[TD="class: sdi-datacell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]26[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: sdi-datahead-sub-nb, bgcolor: #F3F3F6"]1st Downs[/TD]
[TD="class: sdi-datacell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]22[/TD]
[TD="class: sdi-datacell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]20[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: sdi-datahead-sub-nb, bgcolor: #F3F3F6"]3rd Down Efficiency[/TD]
[TD="class: sdi-datacell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]5-for-12
42%[/TD]
[TD="class: sdi-datacell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]5-for-14
36%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: sdi-datahead-sub-nb, bgcolor: #F3F3F6"]4th Down Efficiency[/TD]
[TD="class: sdi-datacell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]0-for-1
0%[/TD]
[TD="class: sdi-datacell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]1-for-1
100%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: sdi-datahead-sub-nb, bgcolor: #F3F3F6"]Total Yards[/TD]
[TD="class: sdi-datacell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]296[/TD]
[TD="class: sdi-datacell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]461[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: sdi-datahead-sub-nb, bgcolor: #F3F3F6, colspan: 3"]Rushing[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: sdi-datahead-sub-nb, bgcolor: #F3F3F6"]Rushes-Net Yards[/TD]
[TD="class: sdi-datacell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]34-127[/TD]
[TD="class: sdi-datacell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]35-144[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: sdi-datahead-sub-nb, bgcolor: #F3F3F6"]Average/Rush[/TD]
[TD="class: sdi-datacell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]3.7[/TD]
[TD="class: sdi-datacell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]4.1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: sdi-datahead-sub-nb, bgcolor: #F3F3F6, colspan: 3"]Passing[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: sdi-datahead-sub-nb, bgcolor: #F3F3F6"]Comp-Att[/TD]
[TD="class: sdi-datacell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]16-27[/TD]
[TD="class: sdi-datacell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]16-33[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: sdi-datahead-sub-nb, bgcolor: #F3F3F6"]Passing Yards[/TD]
[TD="class: sdi-datacell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]169[/TD]
[TD="class: sdi-datacell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]317[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: sdi-datahead-sub-nb, bgcolor: #F3F3F6"]Average/Pass Play[/TD]
[TD="class: sdi-datacell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]5.8[/TD]
[TD="class: sdi-datacell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]9.1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: sdi-datahead-sub-nb, bgcolor: #F3F3F6"]Penalties-Yards[/TD]
[TD="class: sdi-datacell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]5-47[/TD]
[TD="class: sdi-datacell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]7-53[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: sdi-datahead-sub-nb, bgcolor: #F3F3F6"]Fumbles-Lost[/TD]
[TD="class: sdi-datacell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]1-1[/TD]
[TD="class: sdi-datacell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]1-0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: sdi-datahead-sub-nb, bgcolor: #F3F3F6"]Interceptions Thrown[/TD]
[TD="class: sdi-datacell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]1[/TD]
[TD="class: sdi-datacell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: sdi-datahead-sub-nb, bgcolor: #F3F3F6"]Time of Possession[/TD]
[TD="class: sdi-datacell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]28:55[/TD]
[TD="class: sdi-datacell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]31:05[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

PLAYER STATS

Agreed. I was on Mich at -10. I think I've given up on decoding the mystery of Nebraska/Minnesota/Northwestern. Very difficult teams to get a handle on.

Count me as one who was stunned by this box score. I watched most of the game and I still can't believe it. Michigan was giving up 203 yards per game coming into this one. Minnesota was the 102nd ranked offense in the country in yards per play.

Stats

[TABLE="class: sdi-data-wide, width: 333"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="class: sdi-datahead-sub, bgcolor: #F3F3F6"][/TD]
[TD="class: sdi-datahead-sub, bgcolor: #F3F3F6"]Michigan[/TD]
[TD="class: sdi-datahead-sub, bgcolor: #F3F3F6"]Minnesota[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: sdi-datahead-sub-nb, bgcolor: #F3F3F6"]Score[/TD]
[TD="class: sdi-datacell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]29[/TD]
[TD="class: sdi-datacell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]26[/TD]
[/TR]