Week 9 Thoughts and Plays

E.T.G.

One of trus baby mommas
Have not put any of these in yet but these are the games I am looking at, I will update as the week moves along..

Clemson -4.5 @ VT - James Davis right, CJ Spiller left.. ALL DAY... I would like to see some more people on VT so it drops just a little bit but I will be playing this game. There was nothing spectacular from that So Miss win, and that BC beatdown is still fresh in my head. I can not see Clemson coming out slow after that big GT win, they are focused. VT will have to throw to have success and I am not sure that will happen. Give me Stuckey back and I am sold on this game!

UTEP @ -14.5 Tulsa - This team is the class of Conference USA, I said that last week and they backed me up by beating on Memphis, that game was really never close. Now we got UTEP coming off a loss to Houston and if Mr. Turnover, aka Jordan Palmer throws the ball to the wrong team this week it will be very costly. Tulsa rolls again..

BYU -8 @ Airforce - I think this line is low but I guess everyone else likes Air Force for some reason I can not picture so it has been dropping. Beck has been awsome and BYU has been on an offensive tear, granted it has been against the likes of UNLV and San Diego St (the same damn team Air Force lost to last week!!!!) Look if this line keeps dropping it will be my biggest play of the week because I can not see how Air Force plans to go Toe to Toe this week!

Now for the games I am leaning towards, quite a few dogs in there:

Buffalo +36 @ BC - BC won't score 36 this game by themselves..
ND -14 @ Navy - I am not a ND fan and reallllllly hate betting on them but this line seems reallllly low to me and maybe this week the Sporting News Preseason #1 beats someone up like they should...
USC -12 @ Oregon St - USC is going to explode one of these games, is it going to be this week?
New Mexico St +17.5 @ Nevada - I like to think that offense alone can keep this team in the game and atleast backdoor this one. Nevada does not have the offensive power that Hawaii does but maybe a little better defense but still I like anything over 17
Northwestern +33.5 @ Michigan - Really not sure How I feel about this one but I know a lot of you guys are on it so its def worth a look!
Wyoming +6.5 @ TCU - Wyoming is playing very well right now

Imma on NMSU again this week.

Other side of Notre Dame-Navy for now

Buff, Clem and Tulsa all look good.

B.A.R. said:
Imma on NMSU again this week.

Other side of Notre Dame-Navy for now

Buff, Clem and Tulsa all look good.

What are your feelings on ND? I have not seen many Navy games but I do know that Hampton had 10 TD's and 650yds rushing and I think it is asking a lot to replace your QB. How is the backup, they are coming off a bye so atleast he got some time to practice...

ND has not looked good at all this season and they cost me a 5 team parlay this wkend in vegas but I have to think they can beat this Navy team by 14...Atleast I hope

This BYU line keeps dropping so I will keep holding off but can someone fill me in on this and tell me if I am thinking about this wrong... Anyone who likes Air Force please let me know why...

With BYU you have a QB with 1800yds, 70% completion and 16/3 TD ratio and they have run the ball pretty good their last 3 games with an avg of 177yds.. With Air Force you have a team that will not throw and take advantage of BYU's weakest link on defense and will only run the ball...
If BYU gets up early its over, Air Force will not run their way back into this game..

The last three weeks Air Force lost to San Diego St, They escaped in a comeback win vs Colorodo St and they lost to Navy.

BYU pounded UNLV, they pounded San Diego St, and they beat up on TCU and earlier in the year they beat a damn good Tulsa team..

I will take my chances here and wait till this line gets to -7 or 6.5 then make it my biggest play of the week...

If you are feeling Air Force I would like to know why because to me this game looks like money

everything - The one thing that worries me about AF is their ability to control the clock with their run game. If they keep the ball away from Beck, they prevent him from getting into a rhythm, and it's a game that goes down to the wire. Of course, that's IF they control the clock. Their option offense is very tough to defend (see AF @ Tennessee).

I think BYU is the right side, but I'm not confident enough to play it. I don't like fading the Falcons when they're at home.

I like NM State...may pull the trigger on them at some point. If Stuckey is back for Clemson, I may have to join you on the Tigers. GL this week! :cheers:

Ok guys, I don't normally have a P.O.W but since this game is double the size of all my other bets I have this week, I'm going to try something new... Also I feel like I perform better when I am more selective so I don't plan on being on a lot of games this week. Just can't count on asswipes like MSU to take care of business once in a while, I am still burning about that comeback because of that damn field goal...Atleast push, you just scored 32 points to tie the game, what the hell is another 7.. I wish they lost that damn game!

My P.O.W is BYU -7, to recap my thoughts here..I bought a half point just in case I had to push!

Beck has 1800yds, 70% completion and 16/3 TD ratio
BYU is not 1 dimensional, they run the ball too.. (177yds/game last 3)
Last 3 games Air Force has rushed 60+ times in each game, they will not throw the ball more than 8 times in this game
BYU's weakest link on defense is pass defense not rush defense.
The last three weeks Air Force lost to San Diego St (19-10), They escaped in a comeback win vs Colorodo St and they lost to Navy.
BYU pounded UNLV, they pounded San Diego St (40-3 half), and they beat up on TCU and earlier in the year they beat the class of coference USA, a damn good Tulsa team (who will win out the rest of the yr 11-1 anybody?) I think AF has to go point for point to keep this one close!

Other games already in:

Wyoming +6.5 - Flying under the radar because of a bad first half of the yr but I don't mind this team has impressed me these last few weeks. They play some damn good Defense and TCU is about to find that out.
Tulsa -14 - I am basically expecting a 37-20 type game, never really close, similar to last week. This team is good and will make Jordan Palmer pay for every turnover so he better throw the ball to the right team if he wants a shot in this one
Buffalo +36 - I will take the bait here although that beating by Ohio has me a little scared...Besides the Auburn game, this is the biggest spread this team has had to cover.. BC biggest win is 22-0 over Maine this year.. I think with 1 Buffalo score we will be fine.. BC put up 43? Not so fast my friend! I think they will be content with a win, resting up (Matt Ryan is still banged up), and getting ready for a Wake Forest team that is not to shabby..Huge conference implications for that game as BC is 3-1 in the ACC and after this wkend Wake could be 3-1 as well..

I am still pondering:
Clemson -4.5 - I am waiting this line out.. I thought with news of Davis being 50-50 maybe some people would of hammered Tech but I guess not. I personally think Davis plays but I am not him... I am a little sketched about this game, A lot of good cappers seem to be on Tech and it has me second guessing.. I will need Davis and Stuckey for me to play this game at 4.5..
North Western +33.5 - I think all 4 tires on this truck could be flat at gametime and that has me a little concerned but 7-10 points from NW and this is a cover so I am still thinking this over..
ND -13 - Another team I have grown to hate this year. The line is dropping so I am watching it closely. Kind of odd though as I thought everyone and their mom would be looking at this one..I do not like betting on them 1 bit but this line just seems off to me.. Navy is off a bye, with a new qb, who obviously couldn't produce a thing against Rutgers. I don't know much about the backup but it is asking a lot of a guy to replace Hampton who had 10 TD's and 650yds..

Want to play Clemson but something is holding me back..

Good Luck to all on the game tonight!!! :cheers:

Card:

Tulsa -14
BYU -7
Buffalo +36
Wyoming +6.5

Added game:

Utah -11.5 first half - Shouts to Killa for getting me interested in this game..I don't believe in Utah ability to finish a game but I think that this team is good for a fast start at home. UNLV will provide no challenge at all for the Utes, atleast I hope not..

Pondering:
ND -13 - something keeps drawing me to this game. I just can't see Navy without Hampton performing in this game. Like to think this a 17-21 point win for ND.

Just a little bit of information for those who bet So Car - Tennessee game.. It has been raining all day here in Columbia, suppose to rain some more tonight. It shouldn't rain much tomorrow but I would expect the ground to be a little slick. Weather will also be in the 40's so it will be a cool one down in Columbia. Good luck to all..Go Gamecocks!

Last edited:
Tulsa -14 (LOSS) - Tough one here, Tulsa played shitty in the first half. Never expected those turnovers from Tulsa..Higgins alone killed me. That one big pass is haunting now. 4th and 1 stop also hurt. My hat is off to Troystacks, Fondy, Mista, BAR, and basically the other 95% of the board that had UTEP +14. I knew I was in trouble going into this game when I signed on the message board. Hopefully this wkend is not so bad. I am a bit concerned because as of now I would have gotten hammered last night and got beat up tonight...

Rest of the final card:
BYU -7
Buffalo +36 (LOSS) I thought I would get my first backdoor of the year here but that shithead threw a pick on the 10yd line..My fault for betting on a shitty team..
Wyoming +6.5
Utah -11.5 FIRST HALF
ND - 7 FIRST HALF (WIN) -Finally finish someone off although ND rush defense is sketch as hell. I hate betting this team but they finally put up some points..
ND -13.5 (WIN)

Last edited:
everythingthatsgreen said:
Tulsa -14 (LOSS) - Tough one here, Tulsa played shitty in the first half. Never expected those turnovers from Tulsa..Higgins alone killed me. That one big pass is haunting now. 4th and 1 stop also hurt. My hat is off to Troystacks, Fondy, Mista, BAR, and basically the other 95% of the board that had UTEP +14. I knew I was in trouble going into this game when I signed on the message board. Hopefully this wkend is not so bad. I am a bit concerned because as of now I would have gotten hammered last night and got beat up tonight...

Rest of the final card:
BYU -7 (WIN) - BYU is a good team, Beck continues to dominate the passing game. The offense is balanced and they were too much for Air Force to overcome. I will be checking out the BYU - Colo St line or atleast a first half play where they have come out to flying starts the last few weeks.
Buffalo +36 (LOSS) I thought I would get my first backdoor of the year here but that shithead threw a pick on the 10yd line..My fault for betting on a shitty team..
Wyoming +6.5 - (LOSS) I can admit I didn't know that much about this game except that Wyoming had been playing exceptionally well the last few weeks..
Utah -11.5 FIRST HALF (WIN) - Fade UNLV train stays alive. UNLV almost pulled out the backdoor, exactly what I was trying to stay away from...
ND - 7 FIRST HALF (WIN) -Finally finish someone off although ND rush defense is sketch as hell. I hate betting this team but they finally put up some points..
ND -13.5 (WIN)

4-3 for the week

Play of the Week: 1-0

Back