Week 9 Schrute Bucks

Schrute

Assistant __ ___ Regional Mod
Down around 12.5 FBS units and up about 51 in the FCS

Took a break off during Week 8 just to clear the mind. Still did FCS stuff and that went well. Will be focusing on FBS sides and team totals mostly. That's where I've had my success historically. Of course going to continue FCS stuff which is up around 50 units. I'm up for the year but the FBS struggle is bothersome and that's why I took the week off last week.

Auburn Under 9.5 wins -110 5-1
Coulda really used that loss to KSU. Need them to lose 2 road games out of Miss, UGA, Bama. Certainly possible

Clemson Over 8.5 Wins +100 5-2
Was oh so close to being basically wrapped up. Still feel OK. Could be 9-2 heading into South Carolina game

Miami Under 7.5 Wins +130 4-3
Need 2 more losses with FSU and a few toss-ups on the schedule

Notre Dame Under 7.5 +135 6-1
LOSER

TAMU Under 7.5 Wins +100 5-3
2 more losses possible certainly

Vanderbilt Under 6 Wins -155 2-5
WINNER

Wake Forest Under 3.5 Wins +145 2-5
Would have to pull 2 upsets to beat me

VT to win Coastal +400 1-2
Likely loss but oddly still alive if they can win Thursday and beat Duke

Northwestern to win B10 West +1200 0.5 units risked 2-2
Needed to beat Nebby to hold tiebreaker. Likely loss

Houston +275 to win AAC (0.5 units risked) 2-1
Shitty bet but who knows

Melvin Gordon O1554 total yards 0.55-0.50
871 yards through 5 games so definitely on pace for win

FBS Sides

FBS ML Dogs
VT +130 vs Miami

FBS Team Totals
UCONN TT O13
VT 2H TT O10.5 +105

FCS Plays
Alcorn -6
URI +14
Fordham -14
Jax -35
FAMU O36
Hampton U49
Weber -1.5
Ytown +8
Idaho St -6
Albany -6.5
Bama A&M +10
Jax St -18
HBU +11.5
Dayton +4

<tbody>
</tbody>
Charlotte +10.5
Campbell +9
Campbell/Marist O40
BobbyMo/Bryant O46
CCSU ML +120
BC/SCSU O43.5
Hampton/DSU U49
SavSt/NCCentral U59
Bucknell/GTown O35
NoDak/Southern Utah O43
IdahoSt/NorCol O61
BamaSt/BamaA&M O55
HolyCross/Lafayette U51
NW State +6.5
Dayton/SanDiego U53

Last edited:
Adding:
Charlotte +10.5
Campbell +9
Campbell/Marist O40
BobbyMo/Bryant O46
CCSU ML +120
BC/SCSU O43.5
Hampton/DSU U49
SavSt/NCCentral U59
Bucknell/GTown O35
NoDak/Southern Utah O43
IdahoSt/NorCol O61
BamaSt/BamaA&M O55
HolyCross/Lafayette U51
NW State +6.5
Dayton/SanDiego U53

GL Schrute. Started handicapping FCS myself after following your threads for the first 6 weeks. With you on URI, Jax St., Alcorn, Albany, ID St. and Hou-Bapt. Curious as to your method--are you keeping power rankings? Supplementing with looks at offensive/defensive efficiency?

I also had Davidson +2.5, Savannah St. +25, Drake -7 (now -9), W. Carolina -5 (now -7), and Richmond -15.5 as plays.

Lean Columbia +28, Tennessee St. +19, Austin Peay +25, and New Hampshire -13.

Mostly PR stuff and looking at past results. Lines are much softer at the beginning of the year if you are ready. It does get tougher once conference play starts and I honestly probably have too many plays as the lines are tightening up somewhat. I'm tempted to focus more on totals as the season goes on. We will see how this week goes. The one thing that can be tough to find is injury reports. Sometimes a line doesn't make sense b/c a starting QB is out and that information isn't always readily available

Very impressed with your season's record, Mr S.
Do you have any conference(s) where you feel the most comfortable?
For example, I don't follow SWAC and Southland, and would readily coattail there.
I dabble in Pioneer and MEAC, but don't follow either one closely.
I follow MV, but find it really tough to beat.
My comfort zone is Atlantic Coast area, Carolina and North.
Best conference is Northeast.
I see you have CC there, and I agree.
GL.

Good work UCONN. Bad work VT. Going back to the well and probably regrettably with

VT 2H TT O10.5 +105

Very impressed with your season's record, Mr S.
Do you have any conference(s) where you feel the most comfortable?
For example, I don't follow SWAC and Southland, and would readily coattail there.
I dabble in Pioneer and MEAC, but don't follow either one closely.
I follow MV, but find it really tough to beat.
My comfort zone is Atlantic Coast area, Carolina and North.
Best conference is Northeast.
I see you have CC there, and I agree.
GL.

I really do all I can to cover them all. I do better with the Historically Black schools, SoCon (historically but not as much this year), Big South, CAA, Ohio Valley, Patriot, Pioneer

Dude, Duke has more receiving yards than v tech has total yds. That said I wish you luck

I'm just hoping for a little lack of discipline in the 2H. Duke has had a nasty night but a 10.5 team total for a team who is out of the game just seems low. They ain't kickin a field goal...well Beamer is their coach so who knows. Anyway, GREAT showing by your boys tonight. Golden gonna make the boosters regret flying the "Fire Golden" banner over Lane stadium tonight

Turnovers killing you. Should have had that covered already. What these banner flying idiots don't realize is that the school can't afford to fire him. His most recent extension includes a 10mm buyout. Saw some numbers that if they hire a premier coach and his staff it will cost the school aprox 30mm. That crap doesn't help current team, recruits etc. weak imo

Not really a subtle dig. I think he's the right guy but just needs more time. Fans of Miami have to realize he was pretty severely handicapped early on. Sometime's the world of college football is too results oriented. Give Golden at least 2-3 more years instead of starting over again. Y'all are a better program than your recent results but you really do need to significantly upgrade your facilities. You can only sell the city for so long...at some point there needs to be a big money dump into the athletic department itself

Nevermind....still playing Duke up 24 with 6:00 to go. Do with Golden what you will. What a dumb dick

I really do all I can to cover them all. I do better with the Historically Black schools, SoCon (historically but not as much this year), Big South, CAA, Ohio Valley, Patriot, Pioneer

That is why you and Tru talk...:idea:

Mr S. - If you read the bullsheet, the games listed do not include many where I'm following you.
And tru also.
Best of luck

Adding
KY +14.5
MN Ill O55.5
UNC +7
SJSU Navy O53.5
Colorado +14
KentSt MiaOH O52.5
Oregon St +13
Miss LSU U45
ODU WKY O77
OK St PK

Dear Mr S

Just want to let you know I had a real good day in FCS Saturday.
I calculated that 86% of what I won was as a result of cherry pickin your post.

Alcorn, Jax, Bama A & M, NW State, H Baptist, and 1/2 units on BC/SC and Savannah/NC C totals.
Thank You and I'll tune in again next week. :tiphat:
bull

FBS
0-4 ML Dogs with 2 large ML dogs losing in OT...zoinks Scoot
1-0 2H plays with Toledo
4-3 Totals
4-1 Team Totals with VT 2H TT being the only loss
4-3 Sides thanks to good line on KY
1-0 Teasers

Up 2.3 units in FBS for the week - down about 10 for the season
Up 13.6 units in FCS for the week - Up about 64 for the season

Back