Week #9 of CFB (10/21-10/25)

Yanks27Sox9

CTG Partner
'08 YTD: 61-56-4, -0.6325 of a unit

There was good and bad to last week...but as was the case in week eight, i'm basically juicing out for the season so far...give or take. Overall, it was fairly decent...with wins on USC, Ohio St, Pitt, TCU, etc...but the real mistake was the number of games i played. Instead of tossing out so many leans, as is my norm, i made a bunch of small (half unit) action plays...mostly on shit teams...and those went a lovely 2-5, if i remember correctly. Anyways, the bottom line was i should've just stuck to the 'normal' plays, and it would've been a fairly decent week instead. Nevertheless, it's on to week nine...which is a difficult card, imo. Hopefully though, it'll still provide decent results.

Tuesday, 10/21

- no play -

Thursday, 10/22

New Mexico (+5) over Air Force (-110) for 1 unit L

W Virginia (-3) over Auburn (+100) for 1 unit W

Friday, 10/24

San Jose St (+7.5) over Boise St (-110) for 1 unit L

Saturday, 10/25

USC (-14) over Arizona (-130) for 1.5 units

Alabama (-6.5) over Tennessee (-110) for 1.5 units

Ohio St (+3) over Penn St (-120) for 1 unit

Georgia Tech (-12) over Virginia (-110) for 1 unit

Michigan (+4) over Michigan St (-110) for 1 unit

Purdue (-1) over Minnesota (-110) for 1 unit

Texas A&M (+3) over Iowa St (-110) for 1 unit

Kentucky/Florida over 47.5 (-110) for 1 unit

Oklahoma (-18) over Kansas St (-110) for 1 unit

Mississippi (-5) over Arkansas (-110) for 1 unit

Kansas (-1) over Texas Tech (-110) for 1 unit

Florida St (-5) over Virginia Tech (-110) for 1 unit

Oregon (-3) over Arizona St (-110) for 1 unit

More to come (for saturday) over the course of the week...and i'll try to get into these plays a bit more as i'm online.
Made these initial 9 plays on Monday and Tuesday nites. Bought tOSU to 3 pts tonight...and bought USC to 14 pts last nite. (If you're wondering...all 3 sites...5dimes, bookmaker, greek...had the Trojans at -15 pts all day on monday. Today it's at -16 pts, and buying to 14 is no longer really an option. That said...i'll get into this game more later in the week...but i'd still recommend USC at anything less than 17 pts, as i believe they'll win by at least 3 TDs.)
Anyhow, like i said...as i get time, i'll get back on to discuss these plays...and my reasonings behind them. But ever so briefly in regards to the 2 weekday games...
Like New Mex to keep it very close with AF, if not win SU. Both sides will be running it on the other...and just see it being a FG game at the end.
Huge trap spot for Boise...and would love SJST to be to them what TCU was to BYU the previous week. L2 in San Jose have been real tight.

GL this week. :tiphat:

Last edited:
fwiw, kinda leaning UGA's way as well.
two things have kept me off it though. one is that i'd need to see a +3...and the other is what georgia has on tap the following week. other than that, imo, the wrong team is favored here...despite it being in Death Valley.

Cannot back Georgia here. Would I favor them..yes. They have dominated statistically the last two weeks and still had a game of it in each 4th quarter. Too many little mistakes. Too many stafford picks. LSU d-line looked the best it has all year last week. Granted Scary is prone to many sacks allowed but man they looked fast.

Card looks real good. One I would lean other way on though is Minnesota and Purdue.

I have a fealing OSU game will be ugly the opposite way...I hope you guys are all right! BOL bro. Love Bama!

Cannot back Georgia here. Would I favor them..yes. They have dominated statistically the last two weeks and still had a game of it in each 4th quarter. Too many little mistakes. Too many stafford picks. LSU d-line looked the best it has all year last week. Granted Scary is prone to many sacks allowed but man they looked fast.

Card looks real good. One I would lean other way on though is Minnesota and Purdue.

yeah, that UGA line is moving the other way...dammit. :hang:

and totally understand about minny...but purdue's my tru-like play of this week. classic non-ranked team favored (slightly) over the (cough) ranked team.

GL bro.Will be on Minny.

good health w/ them, bro. :shake:

I have a fealing OSU game will be ugly the opposite way...I hope you guys are all right! BOL bro. Love Bama!

Hope so too, lol. Let's cash Bama, and hopefully tOSU will pull the upset. :cheers:

some additions tonight...

WVU (-3) @ (+100)
Tucky/Florida o47.5
Oklahomo (-18)
Ole Miss (-5)

all for a unit a piece.

bit on WVU with Pat White a go. just see aubbie's offensive woes continuing on the road.
with Kentucky's rash of injuries, basically see the Gators almost reaching this # by themselves...soemthing like a 42-17 final.
the sooners came down to 18 pts. not only do they have a lot to prove...i've seen KSt play twice, and not sure how they'll get any stops.
and lastly, ole miss...cuz i couldn't resist.

:tiphat:

GL Yanks!

thx, bro :cheers:

VK handshake

yessir :shake:

GL yanks...

same to you, pags :cheers:

Well, split the thurs nite plays. As nice a WVU was...NM was freakin Yag. Unreal how tarded they played tonight...and unreal they didn't cover. Might as well send them to 1AA with that kinda crap.

Anyways, on to better games...and a couple more additions.

Kansas (-1)
and
FSU (-5)

a unit on each one.
readily admit i was pointed in FSU's direction by Steele's play/write up. and jsut don't think TT has the defense vs Kansas here, with Texas on deck. anyways, let's get some of these pretenders a loss this week...and get em off the BCS radar.

'an_horse'

btw...basically happy with all the line moves today...with the one real exception being the Bama/Tenny game, dammit.
would love to trade my 6.5 for a flat 5, and have the extra cushion. :hang:

Go Spartans go tonight!!

:whip:

i tell ya...one of these days i'll learn to lay off the shit teams/games. one of the most pathetic offensive performances of the year...

anyways, VK and BAR talked me into adding Oregon. took it at -3 pts, and added to the top post.

BOL to everyone on Saturday :tiphat:

Back