Week 9 NFL Discussion

nbafan88

Pretty much a regular
Not sure why these is no discussion thread yet

@DavidPurdum: Seven times more money has been bet on Bengals than on the Browns @LVSuperBook. Ticket count is only 2-1 in favor of Bengals.

Careful with the Oak/Pit total tomorrow. Heinz Field should be a mess after some rain this week and the Pitt/ND game today. Would expect these offenses to put up pts under other circumstances, but not tomorrow.

Careful with the Oak/Pit total tomorrow. Heinz Field should be a mess after some rain this week and the Pitt/ND game today. Would expect these offenses to put up pts under other circumstances, but not tomorrow.

dont you think that a bad field like that has a tendency to hurt defenses more than offenses at times? maybe not if this was like the old steelers/ravens games but when you talking bout a ton of passing where the wr knows where he going and the db has to react, i know in bad weather other than wind i tend to favor wr chances and would think this the same. then of course it wont be easy for pass rushers to get a good jump off snap either. that always my theory in snow i would think same holds true with a bad field but that why im asking what you think?

The problem is footing. The WR are a bit slower on this field which leads to overthrows (on long routes) and missed targets on the timing routes. Most passing offenses are going to prefer a fast turf. Just think about the high flying Rams (Kurt Warner era) or Mannings Colts - these teams usually struggled playing on grass. Well, I'm telling you the surface in Heinz Field is one of the worst. All that being said, I was at the Pitt game yesterday and the ground looked decent, but it is hard to tell unless you are actually down there b/c they try to disguise it. Also, ND and Pitt didn't have much trouble scoring so who knows...

The problem is footing. The WR are a bit slower on this field which leads to overthrows (on long routes) and missed targets on the timing routes. Most passing offenses are going to prefer a fast turf. Just think about the high flying Rams (Kurt Warner era) or Mannings Colts - these teams usually struggled playing on grass. Well, I'm telling you the surface in Heinz Field is one of the worst. All that being said, I was at the Pitt game yesterday and the ground looked decent, but it is hard to tell unless you are actually down there b/c they try to disguise it. Also, ND and Pitt didn't have much trouble scoring so who knows...

the timing on routes a good point that makes sense and something i hadnt thought of. other than that tho the footing tougher for the defender who has to react while the wr can set up the cut he knows he is gonna make..

Good luck to Oakland playing on that field at 10 am body clock after not leaving Cali in over a month.

Currently locked in

Pitt TT over 27 -115
NE TT over 33.5 -115

Lamar Miller over 70.5 yards rushing -115

Good luck to Oakland playing on that field at 10 am body clock after not leaving Cali in over a month.

Currently locked in

Pitt TT over 27 -115
NE TT over 33.5 -115

Lamar Miller over 70.5 yards rushing -115
Which book did you find the Lamar rushing yards prop?

good stuff on oakland, wish I'd have read earlier (and didn't have to rely on Murray and Crabtree in fantasy today)

Back