Wk 4: 5-3 ( 62.5% ) +5.5 units
Wk 5: 4-4 ( 50.0% ) -1.7 units
Wk 6: 5-3 ( 62.5% ) +4.4 units
Wk 7: 5-5 ( 50.0% ) -5.5 units
Wk 8: 2-4 ( 33.3% ) -5.0 units
Wk 9: 4-3 ( 57.1% ) +2.2 units
------------------------------------------

39-32 ( 54.9% ) +9.6 units

been in a slump last two week going 7-9 and losing over 10 units (yikes)... hoping to get things back on track this week... pretty sure I'm going to end up with my second 5 unit play for the year this week and what's weird is that it's Seattle at home again..

PLAYS:

Houston @ Minnesota -4.5 (4.4 to win 4) WON

Tampa Bay -8.5 @ Kansas City (3.3 to win 3) loss

Jacksonville @ Cincinnati +8 (2.2 to win 2) WON

Baltimore +2.5 @ Cleveland (2.2 to win 2) WON

Philadelphia @ Seattle +7 (3.3 to win 3) loss

Pittsburgh +3 @ Washington (3.6 to win 3) WON

Pittsburgh @ Washington OVER 37.5 (2.2 to win 2) loss<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

updated:

4-3 (57.1%) +2.2 units
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Last edited:
also worth noting that this is only the third defense ranked in the top 10 (8) that Houston faces... the other two (PIT and TEN) both kept Houston under 20 pts and held them under 205 passing yards... and they allowed a total of 1 passing td and had 5 interceptions combined in the two games. I don't see Houston putting up 30 pts in this one and the UNDER (47) looks pretty tempting to me.

BOL Blitz - I know you'll get out of it

Any news on the Williams boys? Are they playing for the Vikes?

hey B...it's yanks.

u on the giants this week? haven't been around to post anything, but they were my 1st play for this week @ -9 pts. w/out romo, dallas just can't compete offensively.
fwiw, minny was my 2nd play...and the zona/lt lou over was the 3rd, lol.

anyways, i'll get my thread up eventually. jsut curious for your take on the giants this week.
:shake:

Hey Blitz. Like the Seahawks as well this week. Too tough to pass up Seattle getting a TD at Qwest.

Also lean to Tennessee.

GL this week!

:cheers:

hey B...it's yanks.

u on the giants this week? haven't been around to post anything, but they were my 1st play for this week @ -9 pts. w/out romo, dallas just can't compete offensively.

anyways, i'll get my thread up eventually. jsut curious for your take on the giants this week.

honestly, as soon as I saw the line, the first thing that I wanted to do was jump on the G-Men right away... but I think that's what made me rethink things...

One thing I really don't like about the Giants is that they have a tendency to get relaxed at home and don't seem to play with the same fire as a big road game... you could say this year has been different, but scheduling has helped. I don't think Dallas looks too great at this point, but I still don't want to believe they are in the same category as Seattle, Cincy, and San Francisco (which has been 3 out of 4 home opponents for the Giants this year).

Last year, the Giants had 6 home games that followed a road win... only 2 of those 6 were won straight up. Three of their 4 losses were by double digits. And of their two wins, one was against the Niners and the other was a 16-3 game against the Eagles where the Giants only had one td. Manning didn't pass for over 150 yards in either of those two wins.

What's worse is that the Giants were outscored in every 4th quarter in those situations except against the Niners where the Giants outscored them 7-6 (Niners still scored last) and against the Skins where neither team scored in the fourth. That's pretty scary when you consider the backdoor could be in effect. I hate it when the moose is lurking around waiting to show his face.

Anyway, this year hasn't shown me much improvement in those situations... The Giants only home game that followed a road win this year was against the piece of crap Bengals where they were favored by double digits.. and we all know how that overtime game went.

a little interesting fact to boost my Minny pick..... Adrian Peterson has rushed for 674 yards and 6 touchdowns in 5 career games against the AFC and is averaging 134.8 yards per game in those contests.

Hey Blitz. Like the Seahawks as well this week. Too tough to pass up Seattle getting a TD at Qwest.

Also lean to Tennessee.

GL this week!

:cheers:

I may downgrade em' a notch, but not really sure as I think they should be gold this week at home...

and thanks man.. gl as well

hey B...it's yanks.

btw yanks...

I had been looking at that Zona OVER myself and I like it alot.... The Cards are coming off a 23 point performance and the Rams are coming off a 16 point performance... I think we could see a shootout and the numbers go way up this week.

Rams are slinging it around finally. They've been taking big shots down field with Avery. There's been more success on offense for sure. Rams defense doesn't scare anyone and I'm sure Warner is looking to carve them up. WR's for Arizona are too big and good for a very average group of DB's on the Rams.

gonna start getting my plays in for the early games:

Houston @ Minnesota -4.5

(4.4 to win 4)

Houston has put up at least 27 pts in the last 5 games in a row. Only Tenny and PIT have held them under 20 pts this year... with that said, I think this week will be a stumbling week for them as it will be their first road game since September. Their last 4 games have been at home... it's time they feel a little home sick.

gonna start getting my plays in for the early games:

Houston @ Minnesota -4.5

(4.4 to win 4)

Houston has put up at least 27 pts in the last 5 games in a row. Only Tenny and PIT have held them under 20 pts this year... with that said, I think this week will be a stumbling week for them as it will be their first road game since September. Their last 4 games have been at home... it's time they feel a little home sick.

WOW thats huge, I didn't even realize that...

Good luck on your plays Blitz

Jacksonville @ Cincinnati +8

(1.1 to win 1)

Jacksonville has a defense in decline. They rank 15th against the run, 20th against the pass and have a bottom 10 pass rush. They're in the middle of the pack in terms of points allowed. I'm not saying I'm expecting much from a Cincy team that's only been averaging 15 pts per game, but the game's in Cincinnati and they have to eventually get a win sometime. When the Dolphins were 0-7 last year, they came within 3 points of winning in the two games that followed. Cincy has played surprisingly well in losses on the road against the Giants, Cowboys and Jets. I think they make a run at that elusive first win.

still leaning to

Seattle +7

(The Sucker Blitz)

I'll be expecting the public to be all over Philly in this one. Afterall, it makes sense to pound the team with the winning record from the Beast division when they are facing what seems to be a crap 2-5 Seattle team this year.. but I'll take the team (Seattle) that is 8-1 SU in home games following a road win the last 4 years. And I'll fade the team (Philly) that is 0-4 SU in road games following a home win the last two years. Seattle has always been a different animal at Qwest Field. I will make sure to get this before the +7 stops being offered... if it comes to that.

and

Green Bay @ Tennessee -4

I'm pretty sure we see Tennesees' running game get back on track this week against the Packers 27th ranked rush defense. Offensively, this will be the the toughest defense the Packers will have seen thus far this year. Tampa has been the toughest so far, and the result was a 9 point Tampa win with Rodgers throwing for under 170 yards and 3 interceptions and the Packer running game going for 28 total yards... I think this one is going to get ugly for the Pack as well.

leaned the Pack early at 5.5 then turned neutral and now actually may be talking myself onto Tenn... Situationally not a good spot for Titans but agree-- they could roll the Pack in a very short game..

GL this week btw

added:

Tampa Bay -8.5 @ Kansas City (3.3 to win 3)

Last week at Dallas, the Bucs wasted some scoring opportunities on offense and committed some costly penalties on defense. They should get back on track this week. Four different opponents (two visitors) have come at Kansas City with a simple plan of pounding away with the running game at their soft defensive front. Those teams have rolled up an average of 256 rushing yards and won by an average score of 32-8. Tampa Bay may not be that impressive, but it should easily shut down Kansas City's shit offense and have plenty of success on the ground in what I think will be a one sided win.

Rams are slinging it around finally. They've been taking big shots down field with Avery. There's been more success on offense for sure. Rams defense doesn't scare anyone and I'm sure Warner is looking to carve them up. WR's for Arizona are too big and good for a very average group of DB's on the Rams.

yea, I would think it's OVER or nothing, no doubt.

leaned the Pack early at 5.5 then turned neutral and now actually may be talking myself onto Tenn... Situationally not a good spot for Titans but agree-- they could roll the Pack in a very short game..

GL this week btw

probably won't play it myself...

Tennessee has a solid defense, but it hasn't faced many teams that pass the ball with any consistency. Kansas City, Baltimore, Minnesota, Cincinnati (in a wind storm)... so just the fact they've been beating up on teams with lesser passing offenses has been enough to hold me back thus far. Rodgers may actually get things going here.

Baltimore +2.5 @ Cleveland (2.2 to win 2)

I don't think the Brown get past 16 points this week. They've struggled on offense for most of this year and the Ravens have one of the league's best defenses. Outside of one good game against the Giants, Cleveland's offense has scored only 7 TDs in six games. The Ravens defense, on the otherhand, has had one collapse against the Colts (losing 31-3) but otherwise has allowed only 5 TDs in six games... nobody else has gotten into the end zone twice against them. They beat Cleveland 28-10 back in week 3. I think the Ravens will just try to do what they do best... run the ball, avoid turnovers, and count on one of the league's best defenses to keep the game low scoring. The Ravens rank 5th in the league in rushing (143 yards per game) while Cleveland has a bottom 10 run defense. The Browns held Jacksonville to 113 rushing yards last week.. that's actually pretty good for a defense that has allowed over 150 rushing yards in four of their games. Baltimore ran for 151 yards and 3 TDs in the first meeting with the Browns... and in six of their seven games this year, the Ravens have run for more yards than what their opponent is averaging for the year. Of the 13 TDs scored by this offense, all but 3 have come on running plays. Cleveland, on the otherhand, is one of the few teams that's allowed more touchdowns running (8) than passing (7). I give Baltimore the edge here... also like the fact the public is munching on the Brownies.

went a little too much on Tampa, but got Cincy and Minny wrapped up... just need to see how Baltimore closes out for me...

adding Seattle, but the line moved in my favor closer to gametime and since I'm up for the day to this point, I'm toning it down in units a bit.... still confident, just don't like the line movement everywhere from 6.5 back to 7.

add:

Philadelphia @ Seattle +7

(3.3 to win 3)

May take a while to wash out that smell the Cowboys left in the stadium.

Gints didn't break a sweat.

My wife said, "Why didn't you take the Giants?"

I told her I'd lost a lot of her money playing -9 in the NFL.

Congrats

Press

updated:

3-2 (60.2%) +1.4 units

May take a while to wash out that smell the Cowboys left in the stadium.

Gints didn't break a sweat.

My wife said, "Why didn't you take the Giants?"

I told her I'd lost a lot of her money playing -9 in the NFL.

Congrats

Press

yea.. shoulda listened to Yanks and taken em' myself... :shake:

after capping this game a bit more, I ended up getting an even stronger lean to PIT... so I made em' official...

Pittsburgh +3 @ Washington (3.6 to win 3)

Pittsburgh @ Washington OVER 37.5 (2.2 to win 2)

Pittsburgh +3 @ Washington (3.6 to win 3) WON

Pittsburgh @ Washington OVER 37.5 (2.2 to win 2) loss<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

updated:

4-3 (57.1%) +2.2 units
<!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Back