Week #8

Yanks27Sox9

CTG Partner
Sorry I'm late to the week. Things have gotten busy, so short on time lately. Was 9-7-1 last week, up a bit, but it should've been much better. Anyhow, already have a bunch of plays...including mid week action for a change...so just gonna post them all. Can come back when possible to give my 2 cents on any of them.

Appy St (-9.5) @ -108 for 1/2
GT (-3) @ -115 for 1/2
Troy (+3) @ -105 for 1/2
UAB (+2) for 1/2

Kansas St (+3.5) for 1
A&M (-3) for 1
Duke/Miami under 58 for 1
BC/Wake under 61 for 1
UCLA (+7) @ -120 for 1
UW/Cal under 56.5 for 1
Texas/OkSt over 62 @-105 for 1
Miss St/Bama under 61 for 1
Ole Miss/LSU over 66 @-107 for 1
Baylor (-7) @ -124 for 1
Stanford (-2.5) for 1

Definitely more to come over the remainder of the week. Most of my free time is with playoff baseball for the time being, but will be around before Saturday. Good luck this week.

:tiphat:

a quick bit on the UCLA play...

finally taking my team, which might be the kiss of death. ;) i still won't fully trust it until 11/20, but can't help but start to come around. this isn't the same team that i watched get pushed around by USA at home in mid Sept.

the line is appropriate, fwiw, as the Ducks should be favored by 6.5 to 7 pts at home by the PR #s. they have all the trends, winning 9 of the L10 (6-4 ATS) in the series...and the bruins haven't won there since '04. both teams are coming off a bye, so both are rested/focused/coached up (with nothing to look ahead at).

ucla started with a cupcake schedule, as did SC, and this is only their 2nd road game (lowly Colorado was the 1st). but if they can somehow get by this one, the only remaining road block on the schedule is the SC game on 11/19. gotta believe that having Chip on their sideline will be an advantage here, having spent so many years in Eugene. in terms of the on field match ups, this sets up a bit better than the utah game...mostly due to the Ducks (lack of) defense. there will be points by both sides, but i couldn't pass up catching a TD here. bruins definitely have the better/stronger defense, and the offenses are close (both very productive).

from another point of view, this game is last week's Tenny/Bama game in a way. you have a very public dog (this one on the road, which is a negative), with some reverse line movement. like bama, ducks look like the sharp side. Bama should've gotten the push at -7 pts, but the refs kept the Vols going multiple times (some legit, one or two highly questionable), but that's the way it goes. i'm getting off topic, but other than the public dog being on the road here, this bruin/duck game has it's similarities to that game last week. might look to add the over, or a TT, but i'm hopeful that UCLA can keep pace...as they should be the team getting more stops on defense, unless the refs get too involved lol.

two additions...

Texas Tech (-6) @ -115 for 1
Boise St (+3) for 1

lean UCF, but they've got Cincy on deck. better squad, but not a good spot...and i hate that -5 line with it being such a public play.
lean Cincy too, fwiw, but don't trust it and won't play/add it.

how Pitt has fallen. a dog at Louisville. who woulda thunk that 7-8 weeks ago?

kinda leaning Syracuse a bit too, but hard to go against Clemson right now.

lastly, kinda leaning Minny...even though they sucked last week. PSU should win/cover, on paper, but will the Michigan loss snowball? Especially since Minny is sandwiched directly in between UM and tOSU, where the Nittany Lions will no doubt get their ass handed to them again.

other than a couple TTs tomorrow, just adding a couple teasers to get some leans played...

Oregon St (-17) to Purdue (+8) for 1
Marshall (+19) to UTEP (+10) for 1

the other leans i mentioned above are no plays. good luck tomorrow!

Back