Week 8 Questions and Opinions

smattharris

Pretty much a regular
@UNLV +10 vs Air Force
Why is the majority of the money going on AF while the line drops from 13 to 10. The sharps seems to know something. I couldn't help but take it.

Under - Maryland/Iowa 44.5
The public money is on the over while the total dropped from 51.5 to 44.5. Weather could be a factor and yards per play for both indicate a very low score.

Over - Miami (OH)/Army 48
This total has moved by an immaterial number but yards per play indicate both offenses should dominate and the total ratio compared to other games is far to low.

Michigan -7 @Michigan St.
Compare yards per play for both offenses and defenses and it's all Michigan. Most of all Michigan is a freight train that you don't want to get in front of right now.

Over - Illinois/Wisconsin 56.5
Both defenses yards per play is not good. And why has this line continued to move up while public is on the under. Sharps think lots of scoring.

Oklahoma -8 @TCU
Oklahoma averages 9.2 yards per play. Second only to Alabama's 9.4. TCU can't stop them. OU's defense has been bad but not that bad. TCU can't keep up. Sooners will be energized after big disappointment and coaching changes on defense.

Under - North Carolina/Syracuse 66.5
This number is so far above the average total(66.5) / (combined yards per play 22.8) that is indicates a lower scoring game than what the total is. This is one of the highest ratios on the board. Can't resist the under here. The public (not sharps) has continued to take this line higher and I will go against them here.

@Ohio -16.5 vs Bowling Green
The weakest unit in this game is by far the Bowling Green offense. Ohio should roll it against there defense. BG just can't keep up with that anemic offense. Ohio back home and angry about last week. This one should get ugly.

Florida Atlantic -3 @Marshall
These are two very evenly matched teams based on level of competition and yards per play. Why did the line go from Marshall -2.5 to FAU -3. Somebody knows something. I'm buying in.

Utah St. -15 @Wyoming
Why is USU only a 15 point favorite. There offense is so much better than any unit in this game. Yards per play indicate a total mismatch and USU is freight train I would be afraid to step in front of and Wyoming is headed in the opposite direction. Give me USU.

Charlotte +17 @Middle Tenn. St.
These two again are very evenly match in terms of stats and competition. Maybe someone knows something I don't know or perception of Charlotte is that bad but I'll bite. Give me all those points with Charlotte here.

Over - Coastal Carolina/Umass 71.5
These two both allow more than 7 yards per play and have decent YPP on offense creating one of the highest total YPP on the board. Yet the public has moved this line down considerably. I'll go against the public here.

Over - Alabama/Tennessee 57
Alabama should get to this number by themselves looking at the numbers. Tennessee should get some garbage points.

Houston -11.5 @Navy
Houston's offense against Navy;s defense is a total mismatch the difference in total YPP is one of the biggest on the board. I'll be surprised if Navy can keep it close in the end.

Over - LA Lafayette/Appalachian St. 67
Again a mismatch with App St. Offense against LL defense. Looking at these two teams this season synergy says it will go over.

Under - Wake Forest/Florida St. 59
Looking at YPP in this one the score should be low. Ratio of total (59) to YPP one of the highest on the board. The line too high. A strong play on the under.

@Nebraska -4 vs Minnesota
Numbers indicate evenly matched teams. Frost gets his first win here easily. Here is his chance to break through.

North Carolina St. +16.5 @Clemson
Numbers favor Clemson but history says close game. Clemson is ripe. Line hasn't moved. Could be an upset.

Under - UCF/East Carolina 64
These two YPP indicate low score and ratio is one of the highest on the board indicating perception has this total way too high.

Texas St. +10.5 @LA Monroe
LA Monroe defense is by far the worst unit in this game. Public is on LAM yet line has gone down. Sharps know something. I'll take Texas State and the points.

@South Florida -34 vs UConn
Largest Total YPP mismatch on the board. UConn gives up 9.5 YPP. This gets ugly early and often.

@Purdue +12 vs Ohio St.
Numbers indicate evenly matched teams but perception is of course on Ohio St. Sharps are on Purdue and Ohio St. is ripe. I'll take Purdue and double digits at home.

Over - Rice/Florida International 53
This number is way to low. Ratio of total YPP to this 53 number is one of the lowest on the board. A very strong play on the over. FIU might get there by themselves.

Under - Oregon/Washington St. 67.5
Washington St. Defense is not bad and this number is way too high. These two teams Total YPP is actually below the national average. All about perception. Give me he under.

@Washington St. -3 vs Oregon
Also public money is on Oregon yet line went from Oregon -1 to WSU -3. I'll go with the smart guys here.

@Utah -7 vs USC
Utah's defense is the best unit on the field. Don't want to step in front of this freight train. I'll lay the 7.

Have a fun Saturday guys.

Last edited:
Oh yeah. I forgot to add that turnovers, injuries, human moods and other factors play into results. It's hart to predict this but it sure is fun trying.

@UNLV +10 vs Air Force
Why is the majority of the money going on AF while the line drops from 13 to 10. The sharps seems to know something. I couldn't help but take it.

Under - Maryland/Iowa 44.5
The public money is on the over while the total dropped from 51.5 to 44.5. Weather could be a factor and yards per play for both indicate a very low score.

Over - Miami (OH)/Army 48
This total has moved by an immaterial number but yards per play indicate both offenses should dominate and the total ratio compared to other games is far to low.

Michigan -7 @Michigan St.
Compare yards per play for both offenses and defenses and it's all Michigan. Most of all Michigan is a freight train that you don't want to get in front of right now.

Over - Illinois/Wisconsin 56.5
Both defenses yards per play is not good. And why has this line continued to move up while public is on the under. Sharps think lots of scoring.

Oklahoma -8 @TCU
Oklahoma averages 9.2 yards per play. Second only to Alabama's 9.4. TCU can't stop them. OU's defense has been bad but not that bad. TCU can't keep up. Sooners will be energized after big disappointment and coaching changes on defense.

Under - North Carolina/Syracuse 66.5
This number is so far above the average total(66.5) / (combined yards per play 22.8) that is indicates a lower scoring game than what the total is. This is one of the highest ratios on the board. Can't resist the under here. The public (not sharps) has continued to take this line higher and I will go against them here.

@Ohio -16.5 vs Bowling Green
The weakest unit in this game is by far the Bowling Green offense. Ohio should roll it against there defense. BG just can't keep up with that anemic offense. Ohio back home and angry about last week. This one should get ugly.

Florida Atlantic -3 @Marshall
These are two very evenly matched teams based on level of competition and yards per play. Why did the line go from Marshall -2.5 to FAU -3. Somebody knows something. I'm buying in.

Utah St. -15 @Wyoming
Why is USU only a 15 point favorite. There offense is so much better than any unit in this game. Yards per play indicate a total mismatch and USU is freight train I would be afraid to step in front of and Wyoming is headed in the opposite direction. Give me USU.

Charlotte +17 @Middle Tenn. St.
These two again are very evenly match in terms of stats and competition. Maybe someone knows something I don't know or perception of Charlotte is that bad but I'll bite. Give me all those points with Charlotte here.

Over - Coastal Carolina/Umass 71.5
These two both allow more than 7 yards per play and have decent YPP on offense creating one of the highest total YPP on the board. Yet the public has moved this line down considerably. I'll go against the public here.

Over - Alabama/Tennessee 57
Alabama should get to this number by themselves looking at the numbers. Tennessee should get some garbage points.

Houston -11.5 @Navy
Houston's offense against Navy;s defense is a total mismatch the difference in total YPP is one of the biggest on the board. I'll be surprised if Navy can keep it close in the end.

Over - LA Lafayette/Appalachian St. 67
Again a mismatch with App St. Offense against LL defense. Looking at these two teams this season synergy says it will go over.

Under - Wake Forest/Florida St. 59
Looking at YPP in this one the score should be low. Ratio of total (59) to YPP one of the highest on the board. The line too high. A strong play on the under.

@Nebraska -4 vs Minnesota
Numbers indicate evenly matched teams. Frost gets his first win here easily. Here is his chance to break through.

North Carolina St. +16.5 @Clemson
Numbers favor Clemson but history says close game. Clemson is ripe. Line hasn't moved. Could be an upset.

Under - UCF/East Carolina 64
These two YPP indicate low score and ratio is one of the highest on the board indicating perception has this total way too high.

Texas St. +10.5 @LA Monroe
LA Monroe defense is by far the worst unit in this game. Public is on LAM yet line has gone down. Sharps know something. I'll take Texas State and the points.

@South Florida -34 vs UConn
Largest Total YPP mismatch on the board. UConn gives up 9.5 YPP. This gets ugly early and often.

@Purdue +12 vs Ohio St.
Numbers indicate evenly matched teams but perception is of course on Ohio St. Sharps are on Purdue and Ohio St. is ripe. I'll take Purdue and double digits at home.

Over - Rice/Florida International 53
This number is way to low. Ratio of total YPP to this 53 number is one of the lowest on the board. A very strong play on the over. FIU might get there by themselves.

Under - Oregon/Washington St. 67.5
Washington St. Defense is not bad and this number is way too high. These two teams Total YPP is actually below the national average. All about perception. Give me he under.

@Washington St. -3 vs Oregon
Also public money is on Oregon yet line went from Oregon -1 to WSU -3. I'll go with the smart guys here.

@Utah -7 vs USC
Utah's defense is the best unit on the field. Don't want to step in front of this freight train. I'll lay the 7.

Have a fun Saturday guys.

Have you ever seen Ohio play defense?

Yes. Of course I could be wrong on any of these. If I end up with a winning record I'll be happy. As far as Ohio's defense, no they aren't good. But BG's offense is even worse according to my numbers. I just put these opinions out here so we could all have a little fun talking college football. If you disagree with me, that's fine. I don't expect to go 26-0. So let's all just be have fun. By the way, have you seen Bowling Green play. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Just putting what I think out there. Who do you have this week? I promise if I disagree with your picks I will respect your opinion. It is very hard to predict these things because of many factors but I do it for fun and I make a little money at it by the end of the season. Ohio may be a very bad pick. I really don't know. Do you? Sorry if I offended you by picking Ohio. I'll look your picks up and see what I think about yours. We will find out how we do tomorrow. I was 18-8 last week so I am probably due for a bad day but that's the way it goes. Tomorrow will be fun though won't it my friend. Good luck to you tomorrow.

Don‘t worry mate Mars just has a blunt way of talking sometimes :) he‘s very proud when it comes to the MAC as you can tell by his tagline

Thanks mate. It's OK. He probably has much more insight into the MAC and I may very well be wrong. I'm just going off of stats and smart money moves. I usually have a pretty good winning percentage but am certainly no expert, especially on the MAC. I was just looking at the numbers and competition. I'm an Okie from Ardmore where we play no defense. lol. I am new to the site and enjoy it. Been handicapping for years and I know how volatile it can be. One game is but a blip in the grand scheme. If anyone does not like my picks, that's great. Isn't that the way it works. But if I disagree I will probably just stay quiet and see what happens. But that's me. I'm on here to have fun and share my thoughts on college football. I should probably consult Mars before picking a MAC game in the future. Live and learn. lol Thanks Virginia.

Yes. Of course I could be wrong on any of these. If I end up with a winning record I'll be happy. As far as Ohio's defense, no they aren't good. But BG's offense is even worse according to my numbers. I just put these opinions out here so we could all have a little fun talking college football. If you disagree with me, that's fine. I don't expect to go 26-0. So let's all just be have fun. By the way, have you seen Bowling Green play. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Just putting what I think out there. Who do you have this week? I promise if I disagree with your picks I will respect your opinion. It is very hard to predict these things because of many factors but I do it for fun and I make a little money at it by the end of the season. Ohio may be a very bad pick. I really don't know. Do you? Sorry if I offended you by picking Ohio. I'll look your picks up and see what I think about yours. We will find out how we do tomorrow. I was 18-8 last week so I am probably due for a bad day but that's the way it goes. Tomorrow will be fun though won't it my friend. Good luck to you tomorrow.

Welcome to the site. I was just trash talking you a little. You have a pair of terrible defenses in that game, I took the over. I watch all the Ohio games because that's my school and believe me our defense is terrible, especially pass defense.

Meant no offense. BTW, the mods put that MAC tagline on my pic. I used to be really good in the MAC but this year I haven't had my usual touch. It's a tough league to bet.

Good luck to you as well.

Hey thanks man. I meant no offense either. Thanks for the advise by the way. Since you've had a down year, that just tells me you are due. I'll be following your MAC Picks if you put them out there. I know how it is. I'm in Big 12 country (Oklahoma) and you get a feel for the teams. So I'm with you. Please post your MAC pix. I need all the help I can get my friend.

Hey thanks man. I meant no offense either. Thanks for the advise by the way. Since you've had a down year, that just tells me you are due. I'll be following your MAC Picks if you put them out there. I know how it is. I'm in Big 12 country (Oklahoma) and you get a feel for the teams. So I'm with you. Please post your MAC pix. I need all the help I can get my friend.

Look in my thread and you can see all my picks. I'm right around .500 this year overall, so nothing to write home about.

Just to expand on Ohio's defense, they lost some team leaders at LB this yr. as well as some run stuffers on the DL. They have given up a ton of big plays in the passing game and don't figure to shut down Doege who is one of the better unknown MAC QBs. The Falcons have been absolutely terrible at stopping the run and the Bobcats have a stable of backs with Ouleutte, Irons etc who are all capable of smashing them on the ground. It's hard for me to see less than 60 points in that game; I bet over 69 so hopefully a few more...

Thank you so much man. You know that conference and you have convinced me to lay off. I'll be checking your thread for sure. I am loving this site and learning. I usually have a feel for the Big 12 so I'll be sharing that too. Have a good day tomorrow my friend. $$$$$

Back