Yanks27Sox9

CTG Partner
2007:
CFB ATS: 41-39-3, +1.90 units
CFB ML: 1-2, -0.75 units
CFB O/U: 16-14-0, +1.10 units
------------------------------
CFB Total/YTD: 58-55-3, +2.25 units

Crazy last few weeks, if not the entire season...and still farting around even, as a result. If i didn't know any better, i'd say the college game turned into the niffel somehow.
Anyhow, just getting started on the new week. Just scratching the surface, in all honesty. But just the same, here's what i've played so far.

Thursday, 10/18

Rutgers (+3) over South Florida (-115) for 1.5 units W

Friday, 10/19

Connecticut (+3) over Louisville (-105) for 1.5 units W

Saturday, 10/20

Missouri (-3) over Texas Tech (-110) for 1.5 units

Toledo (-1) over Ohio (-110) for 1.5 units

Illinois (+2.5) over Michigan (-110) for 1.5 units

Saturday (boatload of) Additions

Buffalo (+3.5) over Syracuse (-105) for 1 unit

W Virginia (-24) over Mississippi St (-115) for 1.5 units

Arkansas (-5) over Mississippi (-110) for 1.5 units

Vanderbilt/S Carolina over 45 (-110) for 1 unit

Wyoming/Air Force over 44 (-110) for 1 unit

Memphis/Rice over 64.5 (-110) for 1 unit

Tennessee (pk) over Alabama (-110) for 1 unit

Texas A&M/Nebraska over 61 (-110) for 1 unit

Miami/Florida St under 41 (-110) for 1 unit

Oregon/Washington under 67.5 (-110) for 1 unit

Maryland (-4) over Virginia (-110) for 1.5 units

Kentucky (+7) over Florida (-110) for 1.5 units

Auburn/LSU under 42.5 (-110) for 1 unit

New Mexico (-8.5) over San Diego St (-110) for 1.5 units

N Texas/Troy under 66.5 (-110) for 1 unit

Saturday (post dr bob/final) Additions

Washington (+13) over Oregon (-110) for 1.5 units

Colorado (+4) over Kansas (-110) for 1.5 units

More to come, for sure, as i dig deeper into the card this week.

Taking Rutgers as a home dog on Thursday. Tough to go against USF...but then again, being an undefeated #1 or #2 has been the kiss of death this season. Seriously, i still made this game a pickem (well, my power rankings did)...and will gladly take the points. Rutgers was able to get healthy last week...and i think the home field, combined w/ the slightly better offense, will be enough here. 2 very good defenses, and it should come down to the wire either way.

Taking Uconn, yet again, as a home dog on Friday. Think the Huskie offense won't have much problem at all carving up that Louisville defense on homecoming night. Kinda like Syracuse...just w/out the dramatic point differential...because the Cardinals will get theirs as well. Just not enough, imo, cuz UConn's defense has been much improved this year.

It's homecoming for Mizzou as well this week. Love Mizzou here. TT is historically poor following A&M. TT is 0-2 in Columbia, getting their asses handed to them both times. Might not be as dramatic of a result, but i expect a somewhat similar outcome as to Nebraska's trip to Mizzou 2 weeks ago. Chase Daniel's gonna have a huge day.

Toledo at home, giving just 1 point to a team they've flat out owned recently. Last 10 have all gone the Rockets way. When was the last time Ohio beat Toledo? And when was the last time they did so in Toledo? Exactly. Amstutz's home record only gets one game better this Saturday.

Back on Illinois this week too. Had a feeling i was pressing my luck on them last week in Iowa. It was a great little run, but there had to be some looking ahead to mighty Michigan. This is only UM's 2nd road trip of the year. And unfortunately for them, i think they're gonna run into another one of those offenses that can give them trouble...unlike Purdue's. And if Hart's dinged, it's all the better.

Anyways, BOL this week...and happy capping. :cheers:

Last edited:
lol...see, i am subconsciously approaching this week like it's the nfl.

bunch of home teams, especially home doggies, to start with...

Thx, Pags. :cheers:

That's great to hear, especially w/ Mizzou.

Thx, Precise. :cheers:

Well, it's turning into a busy f-cking week...and i need to move on to some other things, outside of capping games. So i pretty much completed my card for the week over the course of the last 2 nights. All of today's/tonight's additions are added into the first post above...and it's a boatload of them, to say the least.
But short of some dramatic line movement on Thursday, this will be my final card. Don't have the time/energy for short write-ups on all of these additions...but i'd be happy to discuss any of them, if wanted. Just lemme know which ones.
Other than that...despite really liking a whole lotta games this weekend...my card (unintentionally) turned out to have a kind of balance to the whole thing. 12 sides, 6 favs and 6 dogs...and 8 totals, 4 overs and 4 unders. Just thought it was odd, i guess.

Anyways, again, BOL this week.
Thursday is almost here. :cheers:

Lot of my leans you have plays. Still looking over the games we discussed last night.

GL this week Fondy...err...Yanks

Lot of my leans you have plays. Still looking over the games we discussed last night.

GL this week Fondy...err...Yanks

hehehe

yeah, outta all the plays i was telling you i liked the other night, i think only 2 of them i didn't end up playing...lol. both the usc/nd under and the stan/az under i threw out, along w/ idaho plus 10. other than that, it's a smorgasbord (sp?).

Thx, SS :cheers:

Well, at least it's a good start to the week w/ Rutgers. What a crazy ass game though...and frustrating.
It woulda been flat out criminal if they didn't win outright though...so i'm glad no one got moosed on the ML, or the spread for that matter.

Anyways, looking at 2 possible Dr Bob-related additions for this week. Love UW getting 13 now. And debating if i should take UM at a pickem...hedge my Illy play, with the chance of middling the thing if UM wins by 1 or 2.

Also of note...next Thursday!!!
The kiss of death (for the undefeateds) will continue. Kinda the same story as tonight. But you can bet your bottom dollar that i'll be on the home dog yet again. Huge revenge spot for VT...and BC will go down in Blacksburg. Can't wait for this line to come out!!!
VT's defense has been outstanding...they're improving on offense...they got one helluva home field advantage...they have an incredibly great record on thursday nights...and they have an incredibly great record in revenge games. Bottom line...BC won't be unbeaten any more, come a week from today.

Also of note...next Thursday!!!
The kiss of death (for the undefeateds) will continue. Kinda the same story as tonight. But you can bet your bottom dollar that i'll be on the home dog yet again. Huge revenge spot for VT...and BC will go down in Blacksburg. Can't wait for this line to come out!!!
VT's defense has been outstanding...they're improving on offense...they got one helluva home field advantage...they have an incredibly great record on thursday nights...and they have an incredibly great record in revenge games. Bottom line...BC won't be unbeaten any more, come a week from today.

Just may be on all 3 home teams/dogs for next week's weekday slate...

anyways, helluva start to this week. two crazy games, but both rutgers and uconn came through.

Lastly, as if i didn't have enough plays for this week, i added two final plays today...listed in the 1st post above as 'post-dr bob' saturday plays.

UW +13 and Colorado (+4)

Debated hedging off Illy and Kentucky the last few days. But in the end i decided to stand pat w/ both of them. Though i will freely admit that i've come around to the thinking that Florida is the play, if any is to be made on this game. But like i said, i'm just gonna let those 2 play out...rather than waver back & forth, and hedge the things.

As far as Washington...that's going against the doctor. I've been on this under since early in the week, thinking UW will keep it close. In the meantime, Oregon is having more injury issues...and the good dr gave me 2 extra points on this line, that i couldnt' ignore.

As far as Colorado...i'm siding with the doctor, for a change. Kansas doesn't travel well at all, and they haven't proven a thing to me yet...with the K State win being the only one of signifigance, imo. Colorado, on the other hand, showed a ton in (possibly) ruining Oklahoma's season.

In any case, 2 final plays added to the card...in UW and Colorado...which just so happen to be 2 more home doggies as well.

BOL today. Should be a great Saturday for the forum. :cheers:

Back