** Last 5 Weeks ** 23-11 ( +26.2 units)

Week 7 - (4-1) (+5.8 units)

Week 6 - (4-5) (-1.9 units)

Week 5 - (7-3) (+9.5 units)

Week 4 - (3-0) (+10 units)

Week 3 - (5-2) (+2.8 units)

Week 2 - (2-8) (-6.8 units)

Week 1 - (0-3) (-5 units)

Looks like the first two weeks of the season (which I normally never mess with) really screwed me to some extent. But things have been looking pretty good since and hopefully the good times keep rolling.

I like the card this week... there are a few I'm eyeing and I'll probably end up on 7 or 8 plays by the time it's all said and done...

So here we go onto week 8... gonna go ahead and throw out my first play before the line moves against me on this one...

Indianapolis -6.5 @ Carolina

( 3 units )

I'm jumping on this one already mainly because the public is and will be pounding the hell outta the Colts here. Since I'm getting under a td, I'm taking it. I already talked about this a bit in another thread, so I'll just touch up. There's a pretty common trend going around that teams coming off a Monday Night game get setup for a letdown the next week, specially when they have a huge game the following week after that like the Colts do when they face the undefeated Pats after the Panthers. The thing is, the Patriots have already shown that trend is only worth so much. They won and covered against Cincy in a Monday Nighter than won and Covered as extremely high chalk (-16) against the Browns, then Covered the week after that in that huge game against the undefeated (at the time) Cowboys. Some of you may say the Patriots are in a different category than the Colts, the thing is, the Colts have blown out the Jags (29-7), the Bucs (33-14), and the Broncos (38-20) in their last three games. Those are three tough teams.

I would probably be more worried of this trap game stuff if Carolina had something that could actually be considered as a good matchup against Indy, but I don't think they have anything to really work with. They run a 4-3 defense (not a setup you want against Peyton Manning and the Colts offense) which has only accumalated 4 total sacks thus far. If they don't get any pressure on Manning, how do they expect to stay in it?

The Colts have a good defense. All they have to do is focus on containing DeShaun Foster and DeAngelo Williams... that should leave everything in the hands of David Carr.. hehe. Enough said.

Seriously though... I hate the public is all over it, but it's the only way to go here.

strong leans:

Detroit +4.5

Miami +9.5

Minny +1

Cincy +4

Houston +10

Tampa -3.5

SF +3

GB +3 (Monday Nighter)

I'm really liking the above leans and will probably end up playing em' all.. all-out blitz style.. hehe..

gl to everyone this weekend.<!-- / message -->

Hey bro. Liking your play and most of your leans, but I have doubts about GB this week. Not a Denver play for me by any means, but IMO, the Broncos match up well with the Pack. I'll just list my reasons...

1. GB simply cannot run the ball, or at least they haven't shown the ability to do so thus far. Last week's win against Pitt was a big confidence booster for the Broncos, and I doubt they'll let GB go nuts on the ground.

2. Green Bay's strength is the arm of Favre right now...and Denver's strength on defense is defending the pass. With the exception of Driver, GB is very young at wideout, which is a big advantage for the entire, talented Bronco secondary.

3. GB is ranked 19th in both road-rush defense and road-pass defense. Henry and Co. should be able to generate some kind of ground game, and Cutler hasn't looked too shabby the past few weeks.

Anyhow...that's about it. Just giving you my opinion on GB/DEN. Best of luck this week!

:cheers:

BLITZ...I like every play but MIA (RB -only wepon down and out).

Chris Henry is cleared to play to help your Cincy play!

Hey bro. Liking your play and most of your leans, but I have doubts about GB this week. Not a Denver play for me by any means, but IMO, the Broncos match up well with the Pack. I'll just list my reasons...

1. GB simply cannot run the ball, or at least they haven't shown the ability to do so thus far. Last week's win against Pitt was a big confidence booster for the Broncos, and I doubt they'll let GB go nuts on the ground.

2. Green Bay's strength is the arm of Favre right now...and Denver's strength on defense is defending the pass. With the exception of Driver, GB is very young at wideout, which is a big advantage for the entire, talented Bronco secondary.

3. GB is ranked 19th in both road-rush defense and road-pass defense. Henry and Co. should be able to generate some kind of ground game, and Cutler hasn't looked too shabby the past few weeks.

Anyhow...that's about it. Just giving you my opinion on GB/DEN. Best of luck this week!

:cheers:

Thanks for chiming in bro.. some good points.

I don't agree with your thought of Henry and Co. being able to generate some kind of ground game. If anything, it should be Green Bay who should be able to generate some kind of ground game. They are facing a Denver rush defense that is allowing 5.3 yards per carry and 176.2 yards per game on the ground which is last in the league. Green Bay definitely has to consider trying to run more here. If they can run well enough, which shouldn't be much to ask, then Favre should be able to run play action effectively as well. Cutler played better last time out, as well as Denvers' rush defense, but to see that happen for Denver consistently, or at least two weeks in a row would be doubtful if you ask me. I don't think it happens, specially if the Green Bay defense shuts down the run and makes him carry the load (without Javon Walker).

Thats nuts that the only team that Manning has nver beaten is Carolina and only team Brady has never beaten is Washington...

kooky

BLITZ...I like every play but MIA (RB -only wepon down and out).

Chris Henry is cleared to play to help your Cincy play!

well, I wish I could back up my Miami play with tons of logic, but the truth is Miami doesn't have anyone to cover Buress, put pressure on Eli, or stop Jacobs from running all over em. But just the fact that it's in another country and in front of the whole world should mean something.. to Miami anyway. They haven't won one single game so if there was one they were going to put their heart and soul into to win, it would have to be this one. The G-Men won't be in full-force mode and they follow it with a bye next week. Cleo Lemons is nothing spectacular, but he has thrown for over 230 yards in his two games.. and against the Patriots last week, he did complete 65% of his passes. With that said, they still need to run with Jesse Chatman effectively or it will turn into a long day if they pull off a bunch of three and outs. But I think they do run well enough to control enough of the clock to avoid a blowout here... just my thoughts.

Thats nuts that the only team that Manning has nver beaten is Carolina and only team Brady has never beaten is Washington...

kooky

haha.. yea... weird.

I won't play the Patriots game this week. As weird as it sounds, I feel Washington can find a way to cover that big spread. I think they are capable of avoiding those deep balls downfield. If they can force Brady to play the short game, then that's a big number for the Patriots to cover. But they really need to put a shitload of pressure on him in order for it to workout. Still wouldn't shock me to see a blowout though.. hehe.

Indy has actually been relying on the run more. If Carolina focuses on stopping the run, then we are going to see Manning look like Brady with a shitload of tds and yards through the air... hehe. I think Peyton is just waiting for one of those games anyway. There is just nothing on the Panther defense that should scare Indy at all. They should be able to pretty much do what they want and I think they control the clock and just play to win like usual.. fortunately for them, that logic has produced three blowout wins their last three games. Indy's defense is good enough against the run to force the load on Carr, so Carolinas' only hope is to find a way to make the run work... and of course reach their real goal.. keep Peyton off the field as much as possible. But I doubt that happens.

Totally agre on Washington

anyone who can get +17 would probably be sitting pretty. Can you imagine if Washington were to score first? I mean, against Miami or Cleveland there probably wouldn't be much to worry about, but it wouldn't be easy to just go out and score 24 pts on the Skin defense... specially if they have the momentum and the lead.. scary thought. But I still won't play it. Because I can only think of one team that could be considered as capable of doing that to the skin defense... and they are playing them this week. ;)

started pulling the trigger on some...

added:

NY Giants vs Miami +10

( 3 units )

I feel confident the G-Men will win this, but I don't think it will be by much at all. I already talked about it a bit in one of the posts above.

Philadelphia @ Minnesota +1

( 3 units )

Brad Childress will be playing his old team and should have a little advantage knowing the Philly offense well. Holcomb may end up starting for the Vikings which can also help since he got a bit familiar with the Eagles during the preaseason. Runyan and Considine are both questionable for Philly. And on top of things, Philly has not been playing well at all and they face Dallas next week. I'll be expecting Peterson to be used plenty here. Taking the Vikes.

Jacksonville @ Tampa Bay -3.5

( 3 units )

Bottom Line.. Quinn Gray sucks. I'm expecting the Bucs to just stack up the line all day long to stop the Jags running attack. That will force Gray to pass. Not good considering he'll be facing the 5th ranked passing defense. Jeff Garcia has been playing mistake-free (no interceptions) to this point. If he continue to be cautious for this one, then the Jags shouldn't be able to have a chance here. I'll be expecting alot of 3 and outs for the Jags offense making their defense exhausted.

New Orleans @ San Francisco +2

( 3 units )

Alex Smith should be back in for this one and New Orleans defense is horrible against the pass. If Leftwich and Harrington were able to be effective, there's no reason why Alex Smith can't prove his worthiness to his coaches here. Specially if Gore helps out. I think the Niners pull this on out.

Green Bay +3 @ Denver

( 3 units )

Already talked about this one above as well.

made my final three leans official...

Detroit +5 @ Chicago

( 3 units )

Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati +4

( 3 units )

Houston +9.5 @ San Diego

( 3 units )

I had a rough time deciding which ones to make official, didn't want to leave the wrong ones out so in the end, I just decided to blitz em' all in... there's plenty I like on all of em' and I just figure I'll get more right than not... if that happens, then it's all good.

Don't like that I'm against you in Cincy or Minny, but other than that, yep, we do agree on the dogs and I'm glad we're on the same side.

I really like this Miami play, I'm sort of unhappy I am forcing myself to go light on it because I do think it has potential. But they're such a horrible team if we can just cash I'll be happy, being right will be as much of a reward as anything.

Good luck, Blitz.

Here’s a thought, Manning was 10-years old when Testeverde was a first round draft choice.

good luck

started 3-2 then went 0-3 on the afternoon games...

3-5 so far with GB pending... looks like it's one of those weeks.

We both got sucked into SF, don't feel bad.

And tomorrow night's a new day. Go Pack.

that's the thing Joe... I do feel bad.. well not so much bad, but just down..

it seems after a good week of cashing in, I tend to overthink these damn games..

teams like Indy, San Diego, Pittsburgh, and New Orleans had the public leaning heavily on them... and they all covered... they were definitely teams that should have won and covered, but just the fact that it seemed to easy made me avoid or go against those.. except Indy.. I did take them.

oh well.. like you said... Go Pack!

great job fellas... looks like we all hit with the Pack..

and shark.... how bout that Great White Blitz.. hehe... good stuff man..

The Monday Nighter had two bright sides to it for me...

first, it saved my ass from having what coulda been a really horrible week... and second, it improved my Monday Night record to 5-1...

with those positives aside though, nothing great really came out of this week for me... so hopefully I can get things fixed up and back on track for next week.

updated for the week

4-5 (-4.5 units)

updated for the season

All-Out Blitz:

29-27 (+9.9 units)

Monday Night Blitz:

5-1 (+10.8 units)

Back