week 8 ncaa

HUNT

CTG Partner
Staff member
Colorado ML +470 for 1 unit.

Will post record tomorrow..just couldn't sleep and saw that Oklahoma's captain got arrested , Rufus Alexander, and with peterson out I have to wonder what emotional state this football team is in. Colorado slowed TT down, held them to 6 which is damn impressive. I think they are moving in the right direction..will have more plays later.

no problem bro....

Oklahoma's top tackler, captain Alexander arrested

Associated Press

NORMAN, Okla. -- Linebacker Rufus Alexander, Oklahoma's leading tackler, was arrested early Sunday on two misdemeanor charges, Norman police confirmed.

A police dispatcher confirmed that Alexander, one of Oklahoma's team captains, was arrested about 2 a.m. on charges of disturbing the peace and interference with official process. The dispatcher said Alexander bonded out, but referred questions about additional details to a public information officer.

Calls to Norman's public information officer were not returned late Sunday night. A message left for Oklahoma associate athletic director for communications Kenny Mossman late Sunday night also was not immediately returned.

Alexander, considered an NFL prospect, had seven tackles and a diving interception in Oklahoma's 34-9 win against Iowa State on Saturday. During the game, tailback Adrian Peterson sustained a broken collarbone that will cause him to miss the rest of the regular season.

Alexander, who leads Oklahoma with 48 tackles, announced in January that he would return for his senior season so he could earn his degree. He had a team-high 102 tackles for the Sooners last season, including 17 for a loss, along with five sacks and two forced fumbles.

After the win against Iowa State, Oklahoma (4-2, 1-2 Big 12) moved from No. 23 to No. 20 in The Associated Press' college football poll.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press

I think he will play, HUNT. Word is that some dude stood in front of his car and provoked him. So, like a guy on steroids will do sometimes, lol, he got out of the car and confronted the man.

I think he'll start this saturday whenever it is all said and done.

Also, we have about three pretty good RBs that have not had much playing time this season, but played a lot last year. They are certainly not any Adrian Petersons, but they will do a good job at running the ball. I saw a stat last night on an Oklahoma channel that showed that the rushing average of Oklahoma without Peterson (mainly last year) is only 12 more yards than whenever he has played.

I'm thinking Oklahoma will lose two more games, but I don't think they will be at home. Their games against Missouri and Texas A&M later on the road are suspect though.

Careful with all of the Colorado love. My Lubbock connections tell me that Leach has lost his seniors because they feel Grahm Harrell, who is a real cocksucker by the way, was given the job bexause of his recruiting status out of high school. Guys like Filani and Hicks as well the Oline can't stand him. Harrell also refuses to take the check downs and is thought to go down field way too much for this offense. They also miss Taurean Henderson much more than they thought. The Colorado win had an awful lot to do with Tech quitting.

On Oklahoma, this is a team that has recruited well the past five years. They have athletes in spades on both sides of the ball including RB. Their Oline is playing much better than anticipated and Paul Thompson is much more accurate than anyone could have imagined. The porous defense that haunted them early in the season has tightened up considerably.

It's funny, but with Adrian Peterson out, they have more freedom to tailor their offense to the strengths of Paul Thompson and their offensive coaching staff. This now allows them to go from the power I, playaction passing game, to an offense they ran a couple of years ago with Q. Griffin with tremendous success. It's a variation of the zone read with a pet play called the frog draw. They put up a tremendous amount of yards with a backfield of Griffin and immobile Jason White. The athletic, mobile Thompson and 4 star juco-speedster Allen Patrick or Q Griffin clone Jacob Guttierez should be able to duplicate those numbers. Don't be surprised to see the read option offense this weekend in Norman. Keep in mind Thompson ran this his first two years in the program.

The spot also benefits ou. They're in circle the wagons, us against the world mode, and have vastly superior talent to that of CU. CU is also coming off an emotional win vs. Tech, and coming into a hostile environment. Their win vs. Tech and close loss to Georgia is fool's gold. Oklahoma rolls 31 to 10.

Last edited:
thanks texas...Rufus Alexander WILL play apparently...but me, I don't give a shit, give me a live and hungry dog. Anything can happen without your biggest playmaker.

adding: Clemson -7 at -110 for 2 units

Waited until now to get this, might go up, might go down, can't figure it out. This type of offense will give GT fits..GT beat an overrated Virgina Tech team and lost to ND the first game of the season by 4 at home. I see GT making mistakes in the valley..this is a huge revenge spot for Clemson and they really have had two weeks to prepare becasue of playing temple last week....my boy BAR is on this is as well, like he said we play something together we usually do very well...also, my fade boy is on the other side so I really love it even more.

thanks a lot bro...WVU was good to me as well because of you, but I will not count those in my record..wouldn't want to get any questions from unwanted sources.

cinncy -1 at -106 for 1 unit

revenge spot, and IMO the better team in the cold at home....cinncy's record is deceiving, beat the teams they should, lost some tough ones to good teams...you will see the difference in a better schedule tonight.

Back