week 8 ncaa football plays

HUNT

CTG Partner
Staff member
10-9....+3.82

First off..congrats to Texas backers last week...They played a helluva game and have a helluva QB. Still stunned Mizzou lost at home, but that's CFB right?

Onto this week...

All to win 1 unit

Ole Miss +14, bought half a point (-120)

Both teams coming off a bye, Ole Miss has proven to me they can win on the road..they will hang in there imo, bought the half point just in case. Revenge also, but doesn't really apply with a new coach and qb.

Michigan State +3.5 (-110)

MSU really showed me something last week. Northwestern traditionally is tough and honestly that is the type of game MSU usually loses. Ringer and the Oline seem to be clicking, this team is leaps and bounds better than Wisky imo. If Hoyer can limit turnovers, MSU wins. I am a big Pryor fan, but think this will be the best defense he has seen outside of USC so far.

Mizzou +7 (-110)

Chase Daniel is a great QB. He had a bad game last week, I don't expect him to have another one..he is too good. Texas secondary is still weak imo..very weak actually. I worry about Texas dline manhandling Mizzou's oline, but 7 points is enough..it is obvious Mizzou was looking ahead last week...and Mizzou defense is not that bad this year. Turnovers killed them last week.

Michigan +23.5 (-110)

PSU will win but I don't think they cover. This is way too many points imo for a B10 conference game, even with a weak UM team..Threet is expected to go Saturday and D. Warren, B. Graham, and T. Odoms will all be back this week...it really hurt UM not having their best players on both sides of the ball against Toledo, although it is still no excuse. OSU also on deck for PSU week after...interesting angle, but definitely no look ahead since UM has owned PSU for the last 8 or 9 years.

Baylor +17 (-110)

I love Robert Griffen and Baylor in this spot..yes, they won against a shitty Iowa State team, but it gave them a lot of confidence. Okie State coming off a big win agaisnt Mizzou and has Texas on tap..gimme the points for a hungry Baylor team.

South Carolina +3.5 (-110)

This team is really flying under the radar and winning recently in tight games...LSU has to be devastated after Florida..I just think SC matches up well with LSU on the lines...I will bite on the home night doggie. Two teams going in opposite directions, still not a believer in LSU qb play.

Kansas +20 (-110)

small write up below...I do not see this line going higher, if anything I see it going lower.

lotta plays, I guess I like the card.

GL

Last edited:
I can understand to an extent why you and BAR like MSU, but this game isn't about Pryor IMO...it's tOSU running game and defense...

THe last five years, tOSU just shut down traditional Big 10 offenses...for as much as they've struggles against diverse offenses, they eat up these type...won 13 of the last 14 Big Ten road games...

This line is low and their just isn't the value I would suspect you want..

I don't think there's really any reason to think MSU just runs all over Ohio St...MSU's D has shown you can run on it..

Best D since USC? Yeah, I guess I can see that but I'm not sure that means a whole lot...NW had almost 500 yds offense so I don't think it's a great defense...

as for the plays, I'm taking Mizzou too..just trying to decide whre the line goes..I guess I should take the full 7 now but I think they are asking for some mizzou money with that line and it may rise...what you think about movement here?

Also, Mich is a pretty ballsy play...they turn the ball over WAY too much and can't move the ball I don't think in Happy Valley...their one trek out of the concrete bowl they really struggled at ND...i see this one ugly, ugly ....mainly because of turnovers.

Jump, thanks for the thoughts. I know it's not all about Pryor and Beanie, I think MSU plays really well at home...yeah they gave up 500 to NW, but they dominated them imo...and a lot of that was when they were already up big. It's going to be a good game, and sure OSU can roll them....and you make a good point about OSU stopping conventional offenses. MSU does like to throw it downfiled a lot though, and have a pretty good play action passing game.

I think Mizzou line will maybe get to 7.5. You will hear a lot of stats about how Texas covers every game after the RRR, but I don't give a shit. Texas is a public team so you might be right by waiting.

UM sucks, I know this. Are they are a turnover machine? yes sir. I think they will be ready for some of the schemes PSU throws at them though, and they can maybe pull of a Purdue type game.

jumps got me thinking...I might cancel MSU...gonna wait till the end of week though, see what happens.

thanks LJ..hoping a for a good week...haven't had a straight bet card in three weeks.

Only thing were different on right now is South Carolina.

Good Luck Hunt

I have had this weird feeling for 24 hours now that Michigan gets a huge upset here.

like south carolina as well.

One reason that i like ohio state this week is that in my mind this line is begging the handicapper to cap to the winner. And I believe that ohio state wins this game a vast majority of the time. I just don't see where MSU is as improved year over year offensively to make me think they can move the ball on TOSU. 9 first downs and 185 yards of offense last year when they had Devin Thomas as a threat down the field and they could keep Ringer more rested with caulcrick sparing him a bit now and then. Beanie went off on them last year with boekman handing off and i just think its too much to ask of michigan state to line up and turn that around so completely when they have to account for pryor running now too. It was pretty dominating last year and tosu basically returns the same team while michigan state has lost some offensive firepower.

Then you have the line value that someone else mentioned ... they were basically involved in a game at NW last week where we were asked to cap to the winner ( and they played well no doubt ) ... at northwestern and home to tosu are two different animals in my mind and after watching the nw game , i think its safe to say they werent looking ahead to this one.

my two cents .. which is usually worth about one penny.

like south carolina as well.

One reason that i like ohio state this week is that in my mind this line is begging the handicapper to cap to the winner. And I believe that ohio state wins this game a vast majority of the time. I just don't see where MSU is as improved year over year offensively to make me think they can move the ball on TOSU. 9 first downs and 185 yards of offense last year when they had Devin Thomas as a threat down the field and they could keep Ringer more rested with caulcrick sparing him a bit now and then. Beanie went off on them last year with boekman handing off and i just think its too much to ask of michigan state to line up and turn that around so completely when they have to account for pryor running now too. It was pretty dominating last year and tosu basically returns the same team while michigan state has lost some offensive firepower.

Then you have the line value that someone else mentioned ... they were basically involved in a game at NW last week where we were asked to cap to the winner ( and they played well no doubt ) ... at northwestern and home to tosu are two different animals in my mind and after watching the nw game , i think its safe to say they werent looking ahead to this one.

my two cents .. which is usually worth about one penny.

thanks a ton man...u and jump have given me a ton to think about.

I love the rest though..

marlo, crazy shit happens, and I never say never in football...I do think UM will win games that they are not supposed to..but I don't think this is one of em, boy would I be stunned if I was wrong though.

Aztec, gl to you this week mah man.

tru..would love to see u on my whole card..lol.

Adding:

Kansas +20 at -110 to win 1 unit

Line is way off imo. Kansas has a good qb and the offense to stay in the game. Oklahoma showed some weakness in the pass d last week..Reesing is not a huge dropoff from McCoy imo..a dropoff, but not huge. Kansas D scares me a little..but I think they can hang in Norman..especially with Reynolds out..Texas went apeshit when that kid left.

GL Hunt on the other side of msu. I've put a few thoughts in BAR's thread about tOSU this weekend. but the rest look solid going to look into a few of them myself.

Thanks Horses..you too bud.

Hill, no shame in taking OSU..I like the intangibles for MSU in this one.

seems like momentum finally stopped on that kansas line. Usually the time of the year that these conference dogs start biting so i like how you have found those spots.

interesting card and i suspect you make out well .. just hope its not from the msu game heheh

VK..that is the toughest game to cap imo..thanks for the support.

good to see you on several tee..you won me over on KU as well bud.

Back