Texas -6.5 [1 Unit] :mad:

Colorado State +4 [1 Unit] :mad:

Kansas State +15.5 [1 Unit] :mad:

Louisville -17 [1 Unit] :mad:

Colorado +14 [1 Unit] :mad:

Texas A&M ML +145 [1 Unit] :D

UTEP ML +200 [1 Unit] :mad:

1st Half W. Virginia -13 [1 Unit] :D

Florida Atlantic +10 [0.5 Units] :D (bought half a point)

Reasoning

Oregon State - I am on the Beavers this week for a number of reasons...

1. This is a revenge game for the Beavers, as Zona rolled into OSU last year came away with a win. So from a situational standpoint, advantage Beavers.

2. Injuries also favor the Beavers. Actually, it really just comes down to 1 injury between the two teams.

Willie Tuitama (QB - AZ) - Doubtful (Concussion)

With Tuitama likely out this week, most of the offensive production will have to come from the running game. Unfortunately for the Wildcats, OSU has had vast improvement in rush defense the last two weeks (giving up an average of 2.7 yards/carry). And on the season, OSU is only giving up an average of 1 more yard/game on the ground than Zona (OSU - 109 yards/game; AZ - 108 yards/game). Zona didn't have much of a passing attack with Tuitama, and with him out, it will allow OSU to stack 8-9 guys in the box to stop the run. The Wildcats could have SERIOUS issues moving the ball on offense. So while everyone keeps talking about Zona having a 'good defense', they keep failing to mention that they have NO OFFENSE (20 points against Stanford...the worst defense in the Pac-10, and that's being generous).

3. Trends - I don't think trends play a huge role, but I do think they hold some merit in capping a game.

OSU is 6-1 SU in their last 7 games against AZ.
OSU is 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games against AZ.

4. Arizona's rushing output so far this season against good rush defenses.

-13 yards against UCLA
-7 yards against Washington
-16 yards against USC

(yes, those are negative rushing yards)

If these stats don't scream one dimensional, I don't know what does. Zona did put up impressive rushing numbers against SF Austin and Stanford (whoopee!).

5. OSU is simply a more balanced team on offense, and actually has the superior rush defense in my honest opinion. Statistically, the Beavers are better than AZ in almost every category.

New Mexico State - I just couldn't pass up what is statistically the #1 ranked passing attack in the country getting 18 at home. Could be a bit of a let down spot for the Rainbow Warriors as well. Despite the fact I even posted a strong lean on the Aggies last week, I didn't have the guts to pull the trigger, and missed the opportunity to cash in. I took the plunge with no hesitation this time. It helps that HG is on them too...LOL.

Week 8 Leans

So. Miss +17.5

Tennessee -11

Any feedback on these is greatly appreciated. :cheers:

Last edited:
wiht you on Oregon St. actually it comes down to 2 injuries...cuz AZ is to their 3rd string QB now.

interesting lean...i was looking at colorado st tonight too, and even considering a ML play there.

pags - Thanks buddy. GL to you as well.

Yanks - Really? I didn't see him listed on the injury report. Thanks for the good information there...I'm feeling even better about my play now. GL this week.

Added

Texas -6.5 [1 Unit]

Colorado St +4 [1 Unit]

Louisville -17 [1 Unit]

Last edited:
Aztec GL this week, and nice writeup and rationale on the Beavers. You've got me taking a hard look there.

Wow. Florida Atlantic now getting 9.5 points at home. I wasn't going to take a side, but I couldn't pass this up for a small play.

Adding

Florida Atlantic +10 [0.5 Units]

:drink:

Aztec4Life said:
pags - Thanks buddy. GL to you as well.

Yanks - Really? I didn't see him listed on the injury report. Thanks for the good information there...I'm feeling even better about my play now. GL this week.

Two years to the day that Kris Heavner lost Arizona's starting quarterback job, he regained it.
UA head coach Mike Stoops announced Monday at his weekly press conference that Heavner, who started the season as the team's No. 3 quarterback, would get the nod under center in place of injured starter Willie Tuitama (concussion) and backup Adam Austin (knee) Saturday against Oregon State.

First it was Willie Tuitama. Then came Adam Austin. And now the Arizona quarterbacking job has come full circle, falling into the lap of 2003 starting quarterback Kris Heavner, who had time for a cup of coffee at Baylor and also dabbled with trying to pitch for Arizona's baseball team.

But what would happen if Heavner went down with an injury like his aforementioned signal-calling brethren? Since Arizona quarterbacks have spent so much time in hospitals they could star on "ER," let's consider seven possible candidates to take over at quarterback in case Heavner joins Tuitama and Austin on the UPBIAQL (unable to perform because of an injury as an Arizona quarterback list).

portions of articles from the last two days

Thanks Yanks. Great info there bud. :shake:

Added

Kansas State +15.5 [1 Unit]

Colorado +14 [1 Unit]

Texas A&M ML +145 [1 Unit]

1st Half W. Virginia -13 [1 Unit]

:bow: :36_7_1:

Last edited:
West Virginia 1st Half -13 money;

Nice 2-0 start pre-Saturday. I'm on my way out to :fumeur7: .

GL tomorrow fellas!

Thanks Grind. GL today bro!

Adding

Pittsburgh -6 [2.5 Units]

UTEP ML +200 [1 Unit]

I want to make a small play on the Aztecs so bad, but I just can't bring myself to do it.

:bow: NCAAF

Last edited:
Back