Week 8 FWIW

jimmymo

Beer and Betting Belong Together
12-10 ytd (and actually now up 3.8 units)......and for the record, I am taking credit for the big bomb play I posted on the alternative site last Saturday (UW -5...8 units).....it got at least 15 views!! LOL

Anyway......here we go....

Utah -13.5 v. Arizona State....2 Units........this is effectively a "playoff" game in the P12 south and I think the Utes are the cream of the P12....Eno is a baller, but I think wittingham will do everything to shut him down and put pressure on the true frosh QB to step up......not going to happen imo and I think the Utah offense is rounding into form and will score plenty here.......I see this only going one way and it will be Utes big........Utah 38 ASU 15

Oregon -3 @ Washington.........5 Units.....I could write paragraphs upon paragraphs breaking this game down.....but, ultimately, the difference will be Oregon's ability to run the ball on the UW defense and the UW's inability to run the ball on the Oregon defense.....hate to bet against my dawgs, but this is just the way it is....will pay to see the Dawgs come through

USC -10 over AZ......2 units.....gut feeling and maybe it the cocktail......

Last edited:
Thx BAR.....LFG.....adding....

Colorado +12.5 over Wazzu.........1 unit.....I honestly just do not trust the Wazzu defense to lay this kind of number....don't love the spot for the buffs with b2b roadies, but do not think the game at Oregon was nearly as bad as the score indicated.....if you recall, the buffs were in the RZ just before half and if they could have punched it it, it likely would have been a 17-10 HT score....instead, they throw a momentum swinging INT and then Oregon catches fire and scores just before half......I think that really took all the air out of the Buffs and they really folded in theh 2nd half (three straight INTs to open the 2nd for Montez)......also, this is still the same team that went to ASU and got a victory.....Wazzuu coming off three straight losses and can certainly move the ball with the best of them, but the defense is shaky and I think at worst I can be in a position where the Buffs have the ball late for a backdoor cover.......

Thx BAR.....LFG.....adding....

Colorado +12.5 over Wazzu.........1 unit.....I honestly just do not trust the Wazzu defense to lay this kind of number....don't love the spot for the buffs with b2b roadies, but do not think the game at Oregon was nearly as bad as the score indicated.....if you recall, the buffs were in the RZ just before half and if they could have punched it it, it likely would have been a 17-10 HT score....instead, they throw a momentum swinging INT and then Oregon catches fire and scores just before half......I think that really took all the air out of the Buffs and they really folded in theh 2nd half (three straight INTs to open the 2nd for Montez)......also, this is still the same team that went to ASU and got a victory.....Wazzuu coming off three straight losses and can certainly move the ball with the best of them, but the defense is shaky and I think at worst I can be in a position where the Buffs have the ball late for a backdoor cover.......
Yeah that was killer on what was a long drive. That basically put them to bed.

Thx Hunt....GL to you today as well...

Adding 3 units to the Oregon play......pre-game reports showing more UW injuries than expected and not good (McGrew for one......Tafisi another.....Ty Jones, a big WR that was "expected" to play today is also out).......Nick Harris (starting C) is warming up, but not 100%......UW facing a HUGE task today.....

Adding.....

USC -10 over AZ......2 units.....gut feeling and maybe it the cocktail......

Back