Week 8 CFB

piperdog188

Have never posted plays on here so a little nervous and hope it doesn't blow in my face with a bunch of L's this weekend, but here goes. This is the best forum for sports betting discussion I've found so I appreciate you guys putting up with me.

WVU +7.5 (grabbed yesterday at 5dimes). Mounties coming off a beatdown by Baylor two weeks ago, back at home with a week of rest and able to put that game behind them. Red Raiders are running high, and ranked 20th in the nation (a ranking I don't think they are as good as). Now a 1500 mile trip (a trip that WVU struggled with last year) from Lubbock to Morgantown with a noon kickoff and Oklahoma on deck (sandwich spot). Love getting more than a touchdown here.

UVA -2.5. Duke coming off a beatdown at home against Navy, UVA coming off a loss at MD (one that they should've won had London not mismanaged the game at the end). Duke is 4-2 and UVA is 2-4 and yet the Hoos are favored? This is going to be one of those games where the public loads up on the road underdog and Vegas cleans up when Virginia wins and covers. One of those lines that don't make sense and not going to question Vegas.

Arizona State -3. Washington left it all on the table the last two weeks. A brutal two games stretch against Stanford and Oregon in back to back games (both games the Huskies played hard and well) has them beat down and exhausted. Now they have to go on the road and play an Arizona State team that can score and wear down a defense especially at home. Just don't think the Huskies have enough in the tank to stay with the Devils. Another red flag is Arizona State is unranked and they are favored against a ranked Huskies team.

Arizona -5.5 Utah is coming off the biggest win in school history beating Stanford at home on a wild last minute play. Arizona is coming off a loss to USC where they played really well in the second half and almost came back and won. Big letdown spot for the Utes, and Arizona back at home where they perform much better (plus 2 extra days of rest). Have to fade Utah here and will need them to show me they can win on the road (they've also had the luxury of playing 5/6 of their games at home).

Georgia Tech -7 (thanks Rex just grabbed this number). Coming off bad loss on the road and back at home, Syracuse coming off first ACC win (on the road) now have to go on the road for a second straight week (that's a lot of traveling from upstate NY). Just not sure they can hang with GT and a week to prepare for the option is never easy.

Usually don't play this much chalk (like ever), but lots of good spots this week to take home favorites.

GL to everyone else this week.

Thanks SIGO and Irish. GL to you fellas.

Added UNC +10 (-123). Thursday night home dogs are always a favorite of mine. Think this number has climbed too high. Like getting double digits here.

Good start to the weekend with UNC hitting last night.

Adding Clemson +3.5 (saw it pop up at my book). As a Clemson fan this is a little bit of a homer play, but there aren't two teams I know better than FSU/Clemson. On paper and from what I've seen this year I think FSU is a better team from top to bottom talent wise. Winston has looked fantastic so far this season (and has received all the hype in the world), but he's never been in an environment like this and hasn't faced a pass rush close to this caliber (Beasley is going to be a problem for him - leading the country in sacks). His pocket has been virtually clean all year. Venables will bring exotic packages and blitzes tomorrow and if Clemson can rattle Winston early, watch out.

I think Clemson isn't getting enough love going into this game because of the Boston College performance. It was a classic sandwich spot with FSU on deck, and while the Tigers can't play like that Saturday night to win, I don't think they will. There won't be any sleepwalking tomorrow. Tajh has been in precisely these sorts of games before (ACC title game, Peach bowl last year, Labor day game against UGA - all games he won, all games he played lights out). I'll take the points, the home field (a place where Clemson has won 20 straight and 26/27 against teams not named South Carolina), and the senior QB to cover and win straight up tomorrow night.

Last edited:
Back