Week 7

nbafan88

Pretty much a regular
nothing gets locked in until the day of the game

Jacksonville + the points...

I think the jags win SU but i'm not sure if I will take the ML just yet... SD is coming off a very very very unimpressive victory vs the colts team that was in a TERRIBLE scheduling/travel spot... SD is playing off a short week, traveling cross country playing in the east coast at 1PM EST, after being in the west coast for three weeks... and of course they have a bye after this week... dont think they'll be very excited for the matchup with the 0-6 jags.... Blackmon is a difference maker. SD's defense is not good. Chad Henne can actually move the chains

Other leans

Bears/Redskins Over

I watched both the bears and skins defensive ineptitude last weekend and this is an automatic lean... dont see how either of these teams can be held below 24

RG1.5 says that he needs to run more and shanny is giving him the go...

Steelers ATS... The Ravens are not a good football team IMO. I don't like what they are doing with ray rice... dont get why he isnt utilized more.... i also still feel they arent making the playoffs... the offense is just out of wack... thats not good going into Pitt... Steelers lose this game and their season is basically over imo

thx cap

small fun wager for me tonight since i have no other interest in the game on the side/total/player props

Defensive/Special Teams TD scored YES +160 2 units

Ok. Lets focus on the skins total

writeup from the greatest nfl matchups column ever

Chicago @ Washington

Quietly trending toward offensive juggernaut status, the Bears rank 11th in the league in total yards and third in points scored under first-year coach Marc Trestman, with red-hot Jay Cutler leading the way. Through six games, Cutler is the No. 6 overall fantasy quarterback on pace for a 32:16 TD-to-INT ratio with career highs in completion rate (65.9) and passer rating (95.2). It may seem unnatural, but Cutler is a reliable weekly fantasy starter and high-end QB1 play this week against Washington's burnable defense. The Redskins rank 25th against the pass, are yielding a 10:3 TD-to-INT ratio to enemy passers, and allow the second highest yards-per-pass-attempt average in football. Cutler has completed 64 of his last 89 throws (71.9%) for 759 yards (8.53 YPA) with a 6:0 TD-to-INT ratio and two successful two-point conversions. ... Cutler's target distribution during that two-plus game hot stretch: Alshon Jeffery 23, Brandon Marshall 20, Martellus Bennett 18, Matt Forte 13, Earl Bennett 9. ... Jeffery is coming off a slow game (1-27) two Thursday nights ago against the G-Men, but was inches from a pair of deep connections and has played himself into every-week WR3 value. Even including the Week 6 hiccup, Jeffery leads all receivers in fantasy points over the past three weeks. ... Marshall's brief buy-low window slammed shut against the Giants (9-87-2). He's an obvious top-five wideout play against the Redskins.

The Bears have enough firepower and Cutler is playing well enough to support three every-week fantasy starters in their pass-catching corps. In Week 7, Martellus takes on a Redskins defense with perhaps the worst safety play in football. This game has sneaky shootout potential, which would give Martellus' outlook an assist. ... Washington is even more vulnerable on the ground than in the air, ranking 27th in the league in run defense with six rushing scores allowed through five games and a generous 4.38 yards-per-carry average against. After Chicago's Thursday night win over New York, Forte has had a long week to rest his heavily-utilized legs in preparation for a cakewalk matchup. Forte is on pace for career highs in total yards (1,830) and receptions (88) in Trestman's running back-friendly attack. He has at least 95 total yards and/or a touchdown in each of the Bears' first six games. ... Michael Bush is worth rostering in 12- and 14-team leagues as a stash, but isn't threatening Forte's workload whatsoever. Bush has played 11 or fewer snaps in four of the Bears' last five games. He totaled just 14 yards against the Giants.

Just as the Bears' offense peaks under Trestman, their aging and injury-ravaged defense breaks down. DTs Henry Melton and Nate Collins are lost for the year with ACL tears. MLB D.J. Williams joined them on the shelf this week with a ruptured pectoral. 33-year-old RE Julius Peppers has been a shell of his old self, ranking 31st of 47 qualifiers in Pro Football Focus' 4-3 defensive end pass-rush grades. RCB Charles Tillman (knee) has been in and out of the lineup and ineffective when he's played. Chicago is exploitable both in pass and run defense. Fire up your Redskins. ... In Week 6, the Bears got steamrolled on the ground by washed-up 31-year-old street free agent Brandon Jacobs for 106 yards and two touchdowns on 22 runs. Per PFF, Jacobs averaged 2.6 yards per carry before contact, meaning the Bears' front was simply getting blown off the ball. Alfred Morris' fantasy numbers haven't yet caught up to his on-field performance, but they will soon. On his last 61 carries, Morris has scored three touchdowns and gained 337 yards, good for a 5.52 YPC average that is an improvement on Alf's 4.81 rookie-year mark. If there's still a buy-low window available on Morris, go get him. There isn't a running back in the NFL more likely to turn his stats around and put fantasy teams on his back. ... Albeit an effective one, Roy Helu is a change-of-pace and third-down back and nothing more. His ten Week 6 touches are not a sign of workloads to come. Helu simply played more than usual because the Redskins fell behind.

Robert Griffin III's accuracy is still a work in progress, but after their Week 5 bye the Redskins played RG3 more aggressively at Dallas than they had during the season's first month. The zone read was reintroduced, as Griffin set season highs in carries (9) and rushing yards (77), and was mere feet from a touchdown on a designed red-zone quarterback draw. Chicago's defense is generating very little pressure (30th in sacks) and ranks 23rd against the pass. For RG3, a hot stretch is coming and it's likely to start this weekend. ... Griffin's Week 6 target distribution, after the bye: Pierre Garcon 15; Jordan Reed, Leonard Hankerson, and Helu 6; Santana Moss 3; Josh Morgan and Morris 1; Fred Davis 0. ... Garcon dominates targets in Washington's passing attack and is an every-week WR1/2. ... Reed has formally passed Davis as the Skins' No. 1 tight end. The Hernandezian third-round rookie played a season-high 56-of-79 (70.9%) snaps against the Cowboys and warrants low-end TE1 consideration this week. The Bears are allowing the third most catches and fourth most yards to tight ends. ... Hankerson remained Washington's starting "Z" receiver coming out of the open date, but that position has rarely translated to big numbers in the Shanahans' offense. Hankerson hasn't cleared 50 receiving yards or scored since Week 1.

Just too perfect of a matchup not to take the over.

I like to look at overs in non-divisional games because the teams are not as familiar with each other and there seem to be more breakout/big plays

right now this is my fav play of the day

Like the over a good bit this weekend with my Bears.

Like Jax as well as much because of the situation as the fact that SD is the perfect get up in 1h and lose their composure in 2h candidate. Add the travel and rest issue and I think getting more than a TD is a good bet for Jax, at home. Worried about Blackmon's health though as I see him questionable still.

The jaguars travel to London next week to face SF. That's not very good. Still like them. Not taking the ml though

Hoping for a Vincent jax prop.
what props you looking at?

and Blackmon prop

Last edited:
my guy doesnt have any props for the sd/jax game :faceslap:

looking into mike wallace over 68.5 yards receiving...

would if i could...

also took Desean Over 88.5 yards receiving

3 over props in one game :shocked:

just saw u cant get jags props today, sucks

imo there is a high correlation between the jags getting the cover and blackmon having a 100 yard receiving day lol

have in fantasy so im not too mad... ill have enough action today

Waiting to see if the skins total comes down to 48...

Locked in

Sides/Totals

Jags +7.5 -115
Miami -6 -110

Props

McCoy Over 90.5 yards rushing
Dez Over 91.5 yards receiving
Desean Over 88.5 yards receiving
Morris Over 84.5 yards rushing
DeAngelo Over 77.5 yards rushing

and a 6 team parlay i locked in this morning for fun... normally laugh when people do this but i had a great day yesterday so why not... and if the first 5 hit, i WON'T make a "should i hedge?" thread :wacky:

jags +7.5
miami -7
bears/skins over 49
boys/eagles over 55.5
pitt ml -140
broncos/colts over 56

1 unit to win 43.46

alright thats low enough

bears/skins over 48 -110

also had to add the gonzo prop... he should get at least 12 targets

Over 75.5 yards receiving -115

Final card for the early games

Sides/Totals

Jags +7.5 -115
Miami -6 -110
Bears/Skins Over 48 -110

Props

McCoy Over 90.5 yards rushing
Dez Over 91.5 yards receiving
Desean Over 88.5 yards receiving
Morris Over 84.5 yards rushing
DeAngelo Over 77.5 yards rushing
Gonzo Over 75.5 yards receiving

Thanks. I need to stop lookin at props.

Shoulda bet Houston. It was the fishiest opener of the week IMO. Let's see how it turns out

Broncos/Indy Over 55

Manning return to Indy in prime time. He's a beast under the lights. Just an animal. Then you have Denver and that crappy defense so the colts should get theirs. Huge public play for these reasons but I'm going to go with it regardless.

Irsay is gonna eat his words.

One prop locked in for tonight. Might have another play later

Cruz Over 90.5 yards receiving -110

Back