Week 7 What Have We Learned

From my side of things, since 2019 you never see LSU outcoach a team for the obvious reason. Happened today and almost by default. Rudimentary run game that sets school record for Ty Davis-Price…LSU D played great today and by no help from their DC. Give the kids all the credit on that side…the ones that wanted to be in there. 2 All American CB out no problem.

Not sure what Mullen was thinking. That’s a BAD loss for him.

The walk on Mashburn had an incredible blocking day at TE. Of course O says after he has been practicing like that for 2 years….welllllllllllll then coach.

Not sure when the last time an Ivy League team was favored over FBS?

Buffalo missed time expiring game winning FG, but Ohio jumped offside, so they made the next attempt

Sometimes I wonder what Nebraska's fortunes would be had they recruited or signed a different QB

Confirmed, South Florida is in fact improved and playing better

Florida defense - LOL, well played LSU

Miami Ohio thought they were running out the final minute, until Akron called timeout forcing them to punt under 1min left in a 20 pt game. Yup, backdoor baby!

Texas State threw pick-six to give up the lead then threw pick to end hopes of coming back. I think it might be Brady McBride's 4th game of his career with 3 INTs in one half.

You want to see a close game spiral out of control, exhibit A Arizona-Colorado (6-0 HT, 34-7 F)

Kentucky 22p 75y drive for TD and cover with :04 left, yes please

Purdue beating Iowa might've been my favorite game of the year!

Vanderbilt losing to South Carolina was my most hated game of the year!

ULM down 0-14 HT, scored 28 pts in the 3rd Q to go up 28-14 and beat Liberty as 32.5 pt dog!!

Tough tough loss for UNLV

Washington State players on field post game acted like they knew that was Rolo's last game.

Did Tennessee know that Matt Corral could run? 30 for 195!

My Washington RSW Over has finally been taken off life support. But my Utah RSW is still alive baby! That was some 2nd H in SLC! Dominant!

AF - Boise 35pts 1st H, 6 pts 2nd H

U T E P - but man, that was as bad as I have seen an average CUSA foe play against them. LaTech acted like they hadn't practiced all week and somebody told them less than 24hour notice they were going to play a game

Where is Rolo going?

Washington has a vaccine mandate for state employees. It's been a storyline all season that Rolo isn't vaccinated and doesn't want to be vaccinated. He submitted for a religious or medical exemption (can't remember which one), but expectation is that it will be rejected. Players say they don't hear outside noise, but they do.

Joe Milton, what was he thinking during the last play: running out of bound and live to play an other down?
Nelson Greene did the same with Clemson trailing Georgia 19-17 in 1995. I couldn’t believe it. I have seen it quite a few times since then.

Washington has a vaccine mandate for state employees. It's been a storyline all season that Rolo isn't vaccinated and doesn't want to be vaccinated. He submitted for a religious or medical exemption (can't remember which one), but expectation is that it will be rejected. Players say they don't hear outside noise, but they do.
Interesting. Wasn't aware of that situation.

I learned to avoid high ledges on Saturday afternoon.
The perils of Fall.

I remember being at Gameday drinking a wax cup beer, when all of the UT fans started chanting “we want Caleb”. Never did I think it would turn out like it has.
He certainly won’t put out that production every game for the rest of the year, but OU’s offense actually looked dynamic.

Dude was insanely close to being a Fightin Twinkie @twinkie13

OU players seem to really gravitate to Williams. So much belief and confidence, for good reason.

I've never seen an offense go just completely impotent like that v. Okie State. It was jaw-dropping. I want to believe but the lack of adjustments, any adjustments, in that 2H was incredible. Thompson's thumb must be really messed up. That last pick he threw looked like something my 87 year-old mom would have thrown.

OU players seem to really gravitate to Williams. So much belief and confidence, for good reason.

I've never seen an offense go just completely impotent like that v. Okie State. It was jaw-dropping. I want to believe but the lack of adjustments, any adjustments, in that 2H was incredible. Thompson's thumb must be really messed up. That last pick he threw looked like something my 87 year-old mom would have thrown.

Yeah they fell apart in the 2nd half. Made for some good title reading on Orangebloods though.
Sark going to open it back up for Card to get a look, you think?

The perils of Fall.

I remember being at Gameday drinking a wax cup beer, when all of the UT fans started chanting “we want Caleb”. Never did I think it would turn out like it has.
He certainly won’t put out that production every game for the rest of the year, but OU’s offense actually looked dynamic.

Dude was insanely close to being a Fightin Twinkie @twinkie13
I was/am a huge fan of his. He’s gonna be good in the NFL too

Yeah they fell apart in the 2nd half. Made for some good title reading on Orangebloods though.
Sark going to open it back up for Card to get a look, you think?

I don't think so unless injury forces him to do so. That thumb isn't good. Played so well against OU - crisp, good velocity, very accurate. Just a different QB on Saturday. Even the completions seemed to float and lacked any juice.

Baylor may run for 300 yards in 2 weeks.

I learned that I'm going to likely continue to fade MSU moving forward and probably watch them continue to luck box their way to covers.

Sparty really has been feasting on some bad teams and when they played nebraska didn't look good. offensive line looks weak.

Thing that makes sparty attractive is they have a great payer at every level of the offense. Thorne (has his moments he looks real good), 2 wideouts, and ken walker. Can look explosive playing cupcakes. But do they have an offensive line ? I think they have more weapons than michigan, but maybe not the trenches.

Ole Miss faked injuries vs Arkansas too when Arky would drive down the field. It‘s so classless, pathetic really.

Indiana did the same thing to slow wku offense down. 1st time they used time outs when wku got to red zone, that seemed to work so following that they had some mysterious injury after every wku 1st down to prevent them from going fast. I dunno how ya fix it but it really annoying when teams blatantly doing that!

From my side of things, since 2019 you never see LSU outcoach a team for the obvious reason. Happened today and almost by default. Rudimentary run game that sets school record for Ty Davis-Price…LSU D played great today and by no help from their DC. Give the kids all the credit on that side…the ones that wanted to be in there. 2 All American CB out no problem.

Not sure what Mullen was thinking. That’s a BAD loss for him.

The walk on Mashburn had an incredible blocking day at TE. Of course O says after he has been practicing like that for 2 years….welllllllllllll then coach.

I’ll never know how the hell lsu ran like that? Was that more yards than they had rushed for all year? Had to be close! Lol

Not sure when the last time an Ivy League team was favored over FBS?

Buffalo missed time expiring game winning FG, but Ohio jumped offside, so they made the next attempt

Sometimes I wonder what Nebraska's fortunes would be had they recruited or signed a different QB

Confirmed, South Florida is in fact improved and playing better

Florida defense - LOL, well played LSU

Miami Ohio thought they were running out the final minute, until Akron called timeout forcing them to punt under 1min left in a 20 pt game. Yup, backdoor baby!

Texas State threw pick-six to give up the lead then threw pick to end hopes of coming back. I think it might be Brady McBride's 4th game of his career with 3 INTs in one half.

You want to see a close game spiral out of control, exhibit A Arizona-Colorado (6-0 HT, 34-7 F)

Kentucky 22p 75y drive for TD and cover with :04 left, yes please

Purdue beating Iowa might've been my favorite game of the year!

Vanderbilt losing to South Carolina was my most hated game of the year!

ULM down 0-14 HT, scored 28 pts in the 3rd Q to go up 28-14 and beat Liberty as 32.5 pt dog!!

Tough tough loss for UNLV

Washington State players on field post game acted like they knew that was Rolo's last game.

Did Tennessee know that Matt Corral could run? 30 for 195!

My Washington RSW Over has finally been taken off life support. But my Utah RSW is still alive baby! That was some 2nd H in SLC! Dominant!

AF - Boise 35pts 1st H, 6 pts 2nd H

U T E P - but man, that was as bad as I have seen an average CUSA foe play against them. LaTech acted like they hadn't practiced all week and somebody told them less than 24hour notice they were going to play a game

That not the 1st game like that for bouse. See the okie st game. 41 points in 1st half, 0 in 2nd! I stopped watching this one midway thru 3rd never in my life beinv so confident with a 7 point leading holding up! lol

Indiana did the same thing to slow wku offense down. 1st time they used time outs when wku got to red zone, that seemed to work so following that they had some mysterious injury after every wku 1st down to prevent them from going fast. I dunno how ya fix it but it really annoying when teams blatantly doing that!
They changed the rule recently to discourage this, but I’ve never seen it invoked and can’t even remember the rule anymore.

AZ State played the single most pathetic 2H I saw all year. If you did not know better you'd think they forgot there was going to be a 2H. After watching it, I cannot bet them again

Arizona St and Ole Miss are 128 and 130 in the national for penalties per game and Arizona State is last in penalty yardage per game (Ole Miss is 124). Why do the coaches think that makes sense

Oklahoma State has one of the hardest hitting, toughest defenses in football and Malcolm Rodriguez is the toughest guy on the field. A typical Gundy recruit. High school QB and strong safety on a state title football team and two-time state wrestling champ at a small school. No offers until Okla State offered him late in the spring. Started at safety his first three years, now a linebacker. Put such a hit on Bijan Robinson it took all the fight out of him, maybe out of the whole Longhorn team because Okla St got the pick six the next play. After that hit, Okla State scored six times, Texas once.

Why Oklahoma and Texas think it's smart to go to the SEC still a mystery. Arkansas would win the Big 12 this year and they won't even finish .500 in the SEC. Both teams would be winless this year if the were in the SEC and played the schedule LSU, Ole Miss, Auburn, Miss State, or Arkansas has played.

There is zero logic in the way Pac-12 teams play. Stanford lost by three scores at Kan State, won by two scores at USC, lost at home to UCLA by two scores, beat undefeated Oregon by a TD, lost to Ariz State by three scores...UCLA beat LSU by two scores, lost to Fresno, beat Stanford by two scores, lost to Ariz St by three scores, beat Ariz by three scores...Ariz St lost to BYU on the road by two scores, beat UCLA on the road by three scores, lost to Utah on the road by three scores...

Every week teams lose games because of holding penalties by guys so blatant no one can miss it, most of them behind the play...just now Buffalo lost a game because a moron held a Tennessee player behind the play, a guy already out of the play, and nullified a 101 yard kickoff return. The mystery is why coaches put up with it

And every week games are lost because players insist on stretching the ball over the goal line and have it swatted away. Even worse, QBs still reach the ball over the line instead of a QB sneak and have it swatted away. Michigan St lost a TD that way and yesterday the Cowboys lost a TD the same way. Same mystery, why do coaches allow it. It makes sense on a fourth down, but risks everything on every other down.

Last edited:
Wash State coach just got fired

Unlike coach O, this guy won't get any of the money remaining on his contract and he was the highest paid state employee in Washington.

He was fired for cause.

Took five of his assistants down the tubes with him. DC will serve as interim coach

Oklahoma State has one of the hardest hitting, toughest defenses in football and Malcolm Rodriguez is the toughest guy on the field. A typical Gundy recruit. High school QB and strong safety on a state title football and two-time state wrestling champ at a small school. No offers until Okla State offered him late in the spring. Started at safety his first three years, now a linebacker. Put such a hit on Bijan Robinson it took all the fight out of him, maybe out of the whole Longhorn team because they got the pick six the next play. After that hit, Okla State scored six times, Texas once.

More so, Steve Sarkisian's playcalling took the fight out of Robinson. He was fine on the first drive of the 2H with that great TD run. After that, when Okie State pinched on the run, Sarkisian forget that Robinson has the best hands on the team and LBs have no prayer covering him. Because you can't run doesn't mean you still can't get the ball in the hands of the best player on the field.

Was mind boggling Saturday and still is today.

They changed the rule recently to discourage this, but I’ve never seen it invoked and can’t even remember the rule anymore.

yea i have no idea,, if there was ever a time for it to be implemented woulda been that indy/wku game, it was so freaking blatant, funny how it didnt really start till after hoosiers had success burning a time out once wku got into the red zone to slow them down, after that worked they had a guy laying on the grass after literally every wku 1st down!! it was seriously disgusting, dont recall seeing anyone hurt on a play that didnt result in a 1st down and it sure appeared the "hurt" kid got back into the game awful quickly, super fast recoveries on that team!!

Indiana has done it for years. They clearly teach it. I don't get why other coaches don't call them out.

Indiana has done it for years. They clearly teach it. I don't get why other coaches don't call them out.

oh wow, interesting.. guess i dont usually watch them that much.. now that you mention it tho, they sure looked well schooled at it!! if they doing it as blatantly and often they were doing in the wku game im shocked it hasnt been brought up more often!!

i suppose not that many big 10 teams are running the hurry up offense, certainly not to the extent that wku does..

yea i have no idea,, if there was ever a time for it to be implemented woulda been that indy/wku game, it was so freaking blatant, funny how it didnt really start till after hoosiers had success burning a time out once wku got into the red zone to slow them down, after that worked they had a guy laying on the grass after literally every wku 1st down!! it was seriously disgusting, dont recall seeing anyone hurt on a play that didnt result in a 1st down and it sure appeared the "hurt" kid got back into the game awful quickly, super fast recoveries on that team!!
Apparently, all they did was say teams or conferences could request a postgame video review that could lead to unspecified consequences.

Arizona St and Ole Miss are 128 and 130 in the national for penalties per game and Arizona State is last in penalty yardage per game (Ole Miss is 124). Why do the coaches think that makes sense

Oklahoma State has one of the hardest hitting, toughest defenses in football and Malcolm Rodriguez is the toughest guy on the field. A typical Gundy recruit. High school QB and strong safety on a state title football team and two-time state wrestling champ at a small school. No offers until Okla State offered him late in the spring. Started at safety his first three years, now a linebacker. Put such a hit on Bijan Robinson it took all the fight out of him, maybe out of the whole Longhorn team because they got the pick six the next play. After that hit, Okla State scored six times, Texas once.

Why Oklahoma and Texas think it's smart to go to the SEC still a mystery. Arkansas would win the Big 12 this year and they won't even finish .500 in the SEC. Both teams would be winless this year if the were in the SEC and played the schedule LSU, Ole Miss, Auburn, Miss State, or Arkansas has played.

There is zero logic in the way Pac-12 teams play. Stanford lost by three scores at Kan State, won by two scores at USC, lost at home to UCLA by two scores, beat undefeated Oregon by a TD, lost to Ariz State by three scores...UCLA beat LSU by two scores, lost to Fresno, beat Stanford by two scores, lost to Ariz St by three scores, beat Ariz by three scores...Ariz St lost to BYU on the road by two scores, beat UCLA on the road by three scores, lost to Utah on the road by three scores...

Every week teams lose games because of holding penalties by guys so blatant no one can miss it, most of them behind the play...just now Buffalo lost a game because a moron held a Tennessee player behind the play, a guy already out of the play, and nullified a 101 yard kickoff return. The mystery is why coaches put up with it

And every week games are lost because players insist on stretching the ball over the goal line and have it swatted away. Even worse, QBs still reach the ball over the line instead of a QB sneak and have it swatted away. Michigan St lost a TD that way and yesterday the Cowboys lost a TD the same way. Same mystery, why do coaches allow it. It makes sense on a fourth down, but risks everything on every other down.
In fairness to Dak, that was a fourth down, but I agree with that and just about everything else you wrote. It took me about half a season back in 1996 to realize I had no business betting the PAC. I just could not make sense of it.

Last edited:
Apparently, all they did was say teams or conferences could request a postgame video review that could lead to unspecified consequences.

seems to late at that point! kinda like the post game ref apology,, always wonder why we cant get a refund from book after ref admits to botching a call?? ;lol.

Yeah, no kidding.

Usually rare I blame the ref for the outcome but have had a couple that stuck with me this year. The okie lite/boise game the ref bs whistle to take away a Boise scoop and score for the would be winning td was beyond redic and without a doubt changed the outcome! Nevermind the terrible pi call that gave Cowboys 4 extra points before the half!! The whistle on the fumble/td play was a fireball offense, how damn hard is it to not blow the whistle and let the play unfold?? Don’t they know by now it can be fixed in replay long as they don’t blow the whistle?!!?!! Forget the fact it was about as blatant a fumble as ya get short of guy handing other team ball while still on his feet!!

Then The Wyo/AF game it was as if the head official was a veteran, thar all I will say! Lol

Back