Week 7 What Are We Learning

Michigan perhaps looking forward to next week...they have that game circled for sure after last year's thuggery.

Ohio State was also perhaps extra amped to smash Purdue given their recent history.

Maybe it's meaningful to expand the lookahead angle to good teams looking ahead to playing bad teams.

The state of football broadcasting summed up by the OU-WU halftime crew. "I love Lanning's aggressiveness on 4th down there. THIS IS NOT A FIELD GOAL GAME!" Lanning went for it twice on 4th down within the 10 yard line and went for again on 4th late. 0/3. In a game Oregon has no business losing, they are down a FIELD GOAL. In case anyone was wondering, Washington was favored by 3, a field goal. These ex-football player broadcasters have got to go. Need to be replaced by people with journalism degrees that have intelligence and integrity.

Steve Smith is at the top of the they need to go now list.

I covered you since about 2cst
I got back from a week long golf trip last night, today is my wife's birthday, and tomorrow is my daughter's 8th, with a slumber party tonight. I spent today doing a lot of things. Drinking and watching football were not among them lol

I got back from a week long golf trip last night, today is my wife's birthday, and tomorrow is my daughter's 8th, with a slumber party tonight. I spent today doing a lot of things. Drinking and watching football were not among them lol
my hero
you got your priorities straight

happy bday to your daughter.

I just learned that there's no Pac 12 after dark on tonight, right after I just poured a drink
Yup.

I've not been too happy with scheduling this year to be honest.

So much untapped potential out there television -wise.

I would say that now is a good time to go back and re-read Athlon's quotes from assistant coaches talking about other teams in their respective conferences. Start with what they had to say about USC (bad) and K State (good).

Ongoing stupidity of needing 1/2 yard on 4th down and putting your QB 5 yards in the backfield to initiate the play.

Dumber by the week.
Makes absolutely no sense in any short yardage situation given the whole get behind the runner and just push him forward movement as that should be the go-to pretty much every time until someone decides to do away with it.

Back