Week 7 Situational Angles Discussion

I touched on it in the SEC thread, but Ole Miss is off a bye, and Arkansas just got beat up by Bama. Also, from a motivational standpoint, Arkansas cost Ole Miss an SEC Championship last year. Caveat emptor here though. Weird things happen in this game.

Baylor has the rare situation of being off a bye and and also having one next week.

Hats to Kansas and its performance in Lawrence. They're not in Lawrence this weekend.

Back to back road games for VT. Coming off big win at UNC and going on the road against Cuse with a huge home Thursday night game against Miami on tap. Nice spot to take the Orange.

Worth noting for Memphis - they will face option teams two weeks in a row. @ Tulane then @ Navy and from my understanding they are different schematically (zone blocking vs man), you would think they spent a bit more time preparing in spring and fall for option than a normal team may if just facing one option team. Anyway, thought that was interesting.

Baylor and Tulsa best spots imo.

Love fading bad teams that lost heartbreaking close games as huge dogs the previous week, getting a rested Baylor team that played sloppy two weeks ago to boot.

Probably my single favorite situation in CFB is the week after a national title/playoff contender suffers a loss that knocks them out of the discussion. This week Houston is laying 3 scores to a bowl team, don't really see Tulsa getting blown out very often in this spot.

Baylor and Tulsa best spots imo.

Love fading bad teams that lost heartbreaking close games as huge dogs the previous week, getting a rested Baylor team that played sloppy two weeks ago to boot.

Probably my single favorite situation in CFB is the week after a national title/playoff contender suffers a loss that knocks them out of the discussion. This week Houston is laying 3 scores to a bowl team, don't really see Tulsa getting blown out very often in this spot.

depends on what you think of houston. do they sulk and fall apart and come out flat? or do they take out their frustrations. with Herman at the helm, I think they will be prepared and ready to roll. Prob not gonna play either side, but just pointing out the other end of that argument

Same here, young guys with expectations that get gashed

FSU is in a bad spot as well, coming off the big win against Miami, and they have Clemson next week, this week they're favored by 21 against a decent Wake team that the Noles should have a tough time getting up for

FSU is in a bad spot as well, coming off the big win against Miami, and they have Clemson next week, this week they're favored by 21 against a decent Wake team that the Noles should have a tough time getting up for
Wake 1st h

Worth noting for Memphis - they will face option teams two weeks in a row. @ Tulane then @ Navy and from my understanding they are different schematically (zone blocking vs man), you would think they spent a bit more time preparing in spring and fall for option than a normal team may if just facing one option team. Anyway, thought that was interesting.

It is a different option....if anyone is super interested, Fritz at Tulane runs a really interesting scheme. When he can recruit his own guys.....they will be pretty good I think...sneaky maybe win the conference good....

Vols in a bad spot.

I think it woulda been bad had they actually beat tamu....NOW, they may get killed, cuz Bama gon Bama...

But I think if anything the spot is favorable....this is a game that they have been waiting for

Again, they may get Mouse-stomped.....but it isn't because of the situation/spot.

GL em

FSU has a bye next week before hosting Clemson on the 29th.

Love this thread...kudos to you boys!

It's a bit early but I'm looking forward to next week UK hosting Mississippi St....UK backs against the wall as this is a must win for bowl hopes. MSU was in a must win last night for their bowl hopes and now their dashed. Just look at the rest of their schedule (after the Ky game) and you'll see what I mean. They're a young team so they might not bounce back so well next week. MSU has won 8 straight over UK which, if you look into a bit deeper, is mostly due to two reasons...one being Dak Prescott no further explanation necessary and two is MSU seemed to get a lot of bye weeks prior to the Ky game in year's past. Why that's important is Mullen has a nice ATS record off the bye week. Not so this year. I know I'm a UK homer but I am looking forward to this matchup next week as I feel things are finally lining up nicely for my Wildcats to get a long-awaited win to break that 0-8 streak. I'm looking forward to seeing what the opening line is....sorry if I'm not much help for this week but put this one on your radar.

Later!

:popcorn:

Back