Week 7 - NFL

Joe Public

Gabibbo's Finest
I'm not really going to write these ones up much. I'm sort of bitter about how things are going of late.

SF +9
OK, a little writeup. This is a play mostly on Mike Nolan's defense vs. Eli Manning. I think they can keep it closer than people think.

Philly TT over 23
I really want to bet the Birds tomorrow, and I may still, but I think they can get to 24 total points.

Detroit -1
I would have gotten better value on this line earlier in the week, but I'll still take it. This over might hit, too, but I may watch the first half and look for a 2nd half number.

Cincy TT over 26.5
Maybe this team packs it in. Maybe not. I feel points here.

Pittsburgh ML
Yeah, I hate the juice, and I hate the spot, and maybe I take a piece of -3, but I think Pittsburgh's just too good right now and with Nalen and Walker out it's a big uphill climb for the Broncos. Great spot for Denver, though.

***adding*** Houston ML
I'm not really sure why I left this off. Nice revenge spot for Houston against a gimpy VY at best, a bad Kerry Colins at worst.

**adding*** Philly -4.5

Better number. Not a great spot, but I'll take the shot with Philly at home.

I'm so torn on the Raiders game that right now I have both sides bet. Raiders ML and -2.5 and KC 3.5 and teased to 9. All week I've liked Oakland, but there's no way around it, Culpepper sucks. I knew this last week, I admitted it when I bet him, and he may not suck to the point Oakland loses outright tomorrow, but he's bad enough that what should be an easy cover for Oakland may actually be a SU win for KC.

I may however play the under in Oakland if things go well early.

Good luck tomorrow everybody.

Last edited:
GL JP, I am playing the Pats TT over 34, I know they traditionally play close with Miami but this years Pats team is just on another level right now, hopefully the scoring continues tomorrow, 5 TDS is not too much to ask for.

Culpepper just sucks...exactly what has he done? Yes they did go to Mia and won but he was terrible and of course Green was worse. And then we had that supposedly tough D of Mia...what a joke. I'm a long time Raiders fan and cannot wait until they put Russel in. He will struggle at first but the Raiders will not get anywhere this year anyway.

does he suck or just had a bad game?

No, he sucks. And if you go all the way back to right before he was injured in Minnesota you could see it starting to happen. His decisions came apart on him after Moss left.

Without someone to open up the rest of the field for him, Culpepper was suddenly throwing to spots where defenders could now camp out and wait for the ball. In the past they weren't there because they had to double up on Moss or Moss, like a magnet, would pull them from areas they should have been in and other guys could find the void and at the very least if Culpepper missed them the pass would be incomplete.

No more, suddenly nobody respected his receivers so they weren't getting separation and now he was having to make better reads and better throws than he ever had to before. Frankly I think it got into his head, because it didn't get any better once he got to Miami--for crying out loud he couldn't even beat out Harrington down there and they shipped him off in favor of a guy who was one hit from being out of the league.

He didn't even beat out McCown in Oakland, McCown just got hurt.

I think Kiffin got all excited when he saw what Culpepper did in Miami, but that defense as we all know now is old, slow, and is letting QBs like Derek Anderson not just score on them, but score on them at will.

Culpepper single-handedly cost Oakland a good seven to 10 points last week in SD, and will likely be good for three to seven for KC tomorrow.

The question is, will he be able to overcome that and still get the win. That's where I get tripped up a little. I love this spot for the Raiders, but my gut says KC, bad as they are, somehow finds a way to win this f**ker.

not playing the Niners, but as a Giants fan, I'll be rooting against you there... I lean the opposite of your Washington total... I don't think we are playing much the same... gl this weekend Joe

SF was the wrong side. I mean, you can't cap turnovers, but they needed to have one or none today to be in this thing and, well, Trent Dilfer started so that was a lot to ask.

Added Philly.

Back