Week #6

Yanks27Sox9

CTG Partner
At the baseball field with my 9 yr old team, waiting to warm up. Will have to wait until I get home tonight for more, but did jump on one game right away.

Utah -3 for 1

Look ahead spot for the Utes, with USC on deck. Don’t like that spot, or being on the road, but the line is short.
Bruins looked their best by far vs UW, but now they gotta face a stronger/tougher squad.
No doubt Utah will be looking ahead, so will have to remain disciplined. Next week is for the South. But to get there, they gotta be able walk outta Pasadena with at least a FG win.
As soft as the Bruins made UW look, the Utes will do to them if they have their attention on the game at hand. My bet is that they will, especially once they watch the tape of UW on Friday.

My notes are at home. Trends favor the home team, but recent history (L5) are all for Utah.

Last edited:
At the baseball field with my 9 yr old team, waiting to warm up. Will have to wait until I get home tonight for more, but did jump on one game right away.

Utah -3 for 1

Look ahead spot for the Utes, with USC on deck. Don’t like that spot, or being in the road again, but the line is short.
Bruins looked their best by far vs UW, but now they gotta face a stronger/tougher squad.
No doubt Utah will be looking ahead, so will have to remain disciplined. Next week is for the South. But to get there, they gotta be able walk outta Pasadena with at least a FG win.
As soft as the Bruins made UW look, the Utes will do to them if they have their attention on the game at hand. My bet is that they will, especially once they watch the tape of UW on Friday.

Notes are at home. Trends favor the home team. But recent history (L5) are all for Utah.
Not playing but FYI if you didn't know - Oregon St. moved the ball up and down the field on Utah. 5 times inside the Utah 10 and only came away with 2 FGs. Was thinking Over but total came out high. GL with the play.

Not playing but FYI if you didn't know - Oregon St. moved the ball up and down the field on Utah. 5 times inside the Utah 10 and only came away with 2 FGs. Was thinking Over but total came out high. GL with the play.

thanks, mike :shake:

i didn't watch any of the beaver/ute game, as my attention and money was elsewhere...but did read the recap and box score last night. they outgained utah, and did way better passing and running than expected. turnovers, etc did them in...but misleading final score for sure.

it was a bad spot for the Utes though, which is why i didn't play them (for the first time TY). without having seen the game, i gotta assume they were simply flat. happened all over the place last Saturday (see UGA, Pitt, etc). this coming saturday isn't a good spot for Utah either, but there's just too much value with the line to not put a play down on the better/stronger team. even sagarin, which i only glance at, has utah as 11 pts better than UCLA before HFA. fwiw, i make Utah a 6.5 pt road fav.

utes will absolutely have their eyes on SC the following week. however, utah won't be surprised (or caught holding their dicks in their hands) after watching the UW/UCLA tape. just can't see them blowing things here, with that SC game next week. bruins have lost the L5 to Utah SU/ATS by an average of 27 pts. Despite last week's win, Chip doesn't have a good track record against ranked teams either. Utah is much more physical than UW, and a much better defensive team. you gotta be able to push the Bruins around some, and play disciplined...USA did that, and Utah should too. UW could not.

utah typially starts slow as well, so if you anyone likes the Bruins here look at the 1H...or get a read on things and play it live. i wasn't around to post it, but as soon as UW gifted UCLA that safety early on in the 1st Q, i had seen enough. UCLA moved the ball way too easily without scoring in their first drive, so i got off my UW play. had seen everything i needed to at that point. just bringing it up because that's not a bad idea in this game as well, in case the utes come out too flat again.

(from last week's thread)
looking ahead to Week #6... :)

A&M @ Alabama
TAMU off Messy, with a bye on deck. Bama off Ark, with Tenny on deck. Revenge game. Bama's L4 at hm vs A&M were blowouts. L4 have gone over too. I'm not on Bama in week five, but I will be here.

Arkansas @ Miss St
Hogs off Bama, with BYU next. Messy off A&M, with Kentucky on deck. Hogs have won L2, and have taken 2 of L3 in Starkville. Hm team 2-7 ATS in series.

Tenny @ LSU
Vols off a bye, with Bama on deck. LSU off Aubbie, with Florida next. LSU has won L5 meetings, but haven't met since '17. Already have a definite lean here, but since I'll be praying for a good line, I'm not gonna jinx it now.

Auburn @ Georgia
Aubbie off LSU, with Ole Miss next. UGA off Mizzou, with Vandy on deck. UGA has won 5 straight, which won't stop. Also won & covered L7 at hm vs Tigers. This will be a beat down, but also the under is 12-3 since '08. In other words, UGA will be pitching a shutout.

S Carolina @ Kentucky
Cocks off FCS, with a bye next. Cats off Ole Miss, with Messy next...as Mississippi sandwich. UK has won 7 of L8, and covered 8 of L9. 6 of L7 played under too. I should be on them B2B weeks.

Ohio St @ Mich St
tOSU off Rutgers, with a bye next. Sparty off Maryland, with Wisky on deck. Ohio St is 15-3 SU, 12-6 ATS, including 6 straight wins and 5 straight covers. Will be on the Buckeyes so long as the line isn't ridiculous.

Michigan @ Indiana
UM off Iowa, with Penn St on deck. Indy off Nebby, with Maryland next. Michigan is 4-7 ATS since '09 in series, and the hm team has won 7 of L11 SU/ATS. Indiana has only won twice since I've been alive though, '87 and '20.

Purdue at Maryland
Purdue off Maryland, with Nebby on deck. Terps off MSU, with Indiana next. Rd team 0-2 SU/ATS. Terps 1-6 SU, 0-7 ATS vs B10 West teams.

Iowa @ Illinois
Iowa off UM, with a bye next. Illy off Wisky, with Minny next. Iowa's won 13 of L14 in series, including 8 straight (but 5-3 ATS in those). Hm team is 4-4 SU, but only 1-7 ATS in L8 as well.

FSU @ NCST
Noles off WF, with Clemson on deck. Pack off Clemson, with Cuse on deck. NCST has won 4 of L5, and is 16-4-1 ATS in series. Hm team is 9-2-1 ATS as well. On the bad side, NCST is 1-6 ATS after Clemson. But if they come out of that game healthy/decent, FSU is 2-4 SU, and 0-6 ATS in Raleigh. I've played FSU a lot this year, and like the team...but as long as Leary doesn't shit the bed...and even though I'm on Clemson this week...I'm already leaning hard to backing NCST here. All comes down to whether I can stomach Leary and that offense, as well as a decent line.

Louisville @ Virginia
Ville off BC, with a bye next. UVA off Duke, also with a bye next. UL is 1-4 SU/ATS at Virginia. Hm team is 6-2 SU/ATS. And the under has hit the L6 straight. Homecoming, and UVA has taken the L2 between them. But can they start to get back on track?

UNC @ Miami
UNC off VT, with Duke on deck. Canes off a bye, with VT next. Canes have lost 3 straight to UNC. Dog is 13-5 ATS with 8 upsets. Hm team is 5-6 SU, 7-4 ATS. Also 4 straight overs in series, with the L2 coming in at 88 and 87 pts respectively. Considering the season to date, and it's square AF, but gotta look over right?

VaTech @ Pitt
VT off UNC, with Miami next. Pitt off GT, with a bye next. Another homecoming. Pitt is 13-2 ATS vs VT, and the L3 have been wins of 20+ pts. Hm team is 13-4 ATS in series too. Only way that stops here is if Pitt isn't focused during the soft part of their schedule.

Texas @ Oklahoma
Horns off WVU, with ISU next. Sooners off TCU, with Kansas on deck. Only once since '14 has the RRR not been decided by 8 pts or less. Horns have only won 3 times since '10, but are 7-3 ATS since '13 all as the dog.

Texas Tech @ Okie Lite
TT off KSt, with a bye next. Boys off Baylor, with TCU on deck. Okie Lite has won 11 of L13 SU, but are only 2-6 ATS in L8. Rd team is on a 9-3 ATS run.

Kansas St @ Iowa St
KSt off TT, with a bye next. ISU off Kansas, with Texas on deck. ISU has won 3 of L4, but lost 10 straight before that.

TCU @ Kansas
TCU off Oklahoma, with Oklahoma St on deck. An Okie sandwich, which doesn't sound good or appropriate. Kansas off ISU, with Sooners on deck. TCU 9-1 SU, but 3-7 ATS in series. Rd team is 4-6 ATS. Kansas has covered 7 of L10.

Utah @ UCLA
Utes off the Beavs, with Trojans on deck. Bruins off the Huskies, with a bye next. Utah has gone 9-2 ATS in L11, including 5 straight by an average of 27 ppg. Rd team is 1-3 SU & ATS though. The only thing going against Utah for me however is that they can't help but look ahead to the USC game. That game will determine the South, so gotta take that into consideration. Otherwise, the Bruins are simply outclassed.

Wash St @ USC
Wazzou off Cal, with Beavs on deck. SC off ASU, with Utah on deck. SC has won 12 of L14 in series, going 9-5 ATS. Hm team has won 3 of L4, and 2-2 ATS. Wazzou though is 3-1 L4 ATS at USC. And more importantly, SC will be looking ahead to Utah as well.

UW @ ASU
UW off UCLA, with Zona in deck. ASU off USC, with a bye next. ASU has won 12 of L14, going 13-1 ATS in the series. Huskies have lost 7 straight on the road to ASU. Before things went sideways at ASU, this was a horrible spot for Washington. Will that continue with these specific teams? Have to see how ASU keeps playing, but no way would I want to lay a ton of points on the road with that history.

Oregon @ Arizona
Ducks off Stanford, with a bye next. Zona off Colorado, with UW on deck. Hm team has won 6 of L7, going 5-2 ATS. Ducks have lost 2 straight SU & ATS in Tucson. Also, Ducks have won 9 of L12 in series, but 6-5-1 ATS.

Oregon St @ Stanford
Beavs off Utah, with Wazzou on deck. Tree off Ducks, with ND next. Beavers won LY for the first time since '09. Stanford has won 11 of L12 in series, including 5 straight at home (3-2 ATS).

USF @ Cincy
Hm team has won 7 of L10, 7-2-1 ATS. Cincy has won L4, but 0-3-1 ATS.

Houston @ Memphis
Cougs won LY ending a 5 game losing streak to Memphis. Memphis has won 5 of L6 in series SU & ATS.

Notre Dame @ BYU
Domers off a bye, with Stanford on deck. BYU off Utah St, with Arkansas on deck. ND has the trends, but these two haven't met since '13. First neutral site meeting, and it's in Las Vegas. Don't like having an SEC team on deck, but definitely leaning towards BYU (who I've backed multiple times TY).

Fresno St @ Boise St
L4 have gone under, with 38 pts on average. Fresno 2-5 SU vs Boise, but 5-2 ATS.

Wyoming @ New Mexico
Wyoming has only covered 2 of L9 meetings, and have been upset in the L2 games. L4 have also gone under.

UNLV @ SJST
San Jose is 7-2 SU and 6-3 ATS in series. Hm team is 5-1 SU & ATS in L6.

Geo Southern @ Geo St
GSt has won 5 of L7, but in this rivalry the L4 wins all at 7 pts or less.

MTSU @ UAB
Hm team is 6-2 SU, 4-2 ATS. L4 meetings have been outright upsets, so play the dog.

WKU @ UTSA
UTSa beat them twice LY, 52-46 and 49-41. Conf title game rematch, and looks like another over to me.

Ball St @ CMU
Rd team has won and covered 5 straight in series. Ball St is 7-0 ATS in L7 at CMU. Ride or collide, as Hunt would say.

Kent St @ Miami Ohio
Hm team is 7-1 SU, 6-2 ATS...and 4 of L5 in series have been upsets, so another dog to play.

I'm running out of steam, lol...but just some more situational tidbits in preparation for the following week. I didn't bring these final two games up yet, because they're not really intriguing matchups...but fwiw, I'm already also leaning towards Florida over Missouri and Duke over GT...depending upon the lines/etc.

thanks, mike :shake:

i didn't watch any of the beaver/ute game, as my attention and money was elsewhere...but did read the recap and box score last night. they outgained utah, and did way better passing and running than expected. turnovers, etc did them in...but misleading final score for sure.

it was a bad spot for the Utes though, which is why i didn't play them (for the first time TY). without having seen the game, i gotta assume they were simply flat. happened all over the place last Saturday (see UGA, Pitt, etc). this coming saturday isn't a good spot for Utah either, but there's just too much value with the line to not put a play down on the better/stronger team. even sagarin, which i only glance at, has utah as 11 pts better than UCLA before HFA. fwiw, i make Utah a 6.5 pt road fav.

utes will absolutely have their eyes on SC the following week. however, utah won't be surprised (or caught holding their dicks in their hands) after watching the UW/UCLA tape. just can't see them blowing things here, with that SC game next week. bruins have lost the L5 to Utah SU/ATS by an average of 27 pts. Despite last week's win, Chip doesn't have a good track record against ranked teams either. Utah is much more physical than UW, and a much better defensive team. you gotta be able to push the Bruins around some, and play disciplined...USA did that, and Utah should too. UW could not.

utah typially starts slow as well, so if you anyone likes the Bruins here look at the 1H...or get a read on things and play it live. i wasn't around to post it, but as soon as UW gifted UCLA that safety early on in the 1st Q, i had seen enough. UCLA moved the ball way too easily without scoring in their first drive, so i got off my UW play. had seen everything i needed to at that point. just bringing it up because that's not a bad idea in this game as well, in case the utes come out too flat again.
Fair enough. I haven't seen any sharp on UCLA early yet so you're definitely on the sharp side it appears. I don't think Utah will be looking ahead to SC - UCLA is 5-0 and this will be their biggest home game in a long, long time - be interesting to see if they actually get a crowd. But if Utah loses then the SC game means so much less. And I'm sure they're thinking their only chance at the Playoff, however small, is to run the table in the P12 undefeated. I definitely will watch it and see if anything Live comes along. Again GL - enjoy your thread very much.

3 straight weeks of playing .500 ball. :( another week of some great calls, and just as many horrible calls (UGA, Pitt, Cal to name a few). fully into October now, so well past time to get this thing moving forward and making gains each week.

Already posted Utah above, but here it is again...along with the rest of the plays that I added this evening.

Utah (-3) for 1
BYU (+3) for 1
Iowa (+3.5) for 1
Florida (-10) for 1
NCST (-3) for 1
UNC/Miami over 65.5 for 1

Just typed up my quick thoughts on the Utah game. Bad spot with USC on deck, but can't see them having another flat game and blowing next week before even getting there. Utah has gone 9-2 ATS in L11 vs UCLA, including 5 straight by an average of 27 ppg. In the end, also a line value play.

I've been on BYU a lot this season, and sure hope last week was a result of them getting caught looking forward to this one. Game's in Vegas, where BYU has traveled very well to in past bowl seasons. Two good defenses, but do not like the Domer offense as much as BYU's.

Iowa's won 13 of L14 in series, including 8 straight (but 5-3 ATS in those). Hm team is 4-4 SU, but only 1-7 ATS in L8 as well. Also made this game a pick em, so another one with line value imo. Should be much easier going than it was vs Michigan, right?

Loved this spot for the Gators, and Mizzou keeping it shockingly close with UGA gives this game some unexpected value. Missouri's been awful on the road, and they just shot their load. Shouldn't be any more surprises here.

When I took Clemson last week, I said that I'd be back on NCST this week. Let FSU look ahead to Clemson now, after not being able to contain WF as well. NCST has won 4 of L5, and is 16-4-1 ATS in series. Hm team is 9-2-1 ATS as well. FSU is 2-4 SU, and 0-6 ATS in Raleigh.

Hoping the week off gave the Canes a chance to get their shit together at QB/on offense. 4 straight overs in series, with the L2 coming in at 88 and 87 pts respectively. We all know how UNC's defense has looked, and just look at the points Middle Tenn was able to put up.

Back with more during the week.

Reactions: KJ
Fair enough. I haven't seen any sharp on UCLA early yet so you're definitely on the sharp side it appears. I don't think Utah will be looking ahead to SC - UCLA is 5-0 and this will be their biggest home game in a long, long time - be interesting to see if they actually get a crowd. But if Utah loses then the SC game means so much less. And I'm sure they're thinking their only chance at the Playoff, however small, is to run the table in the P12 undefeated. I definitely will watch it and see if anything Live comes along. Again GL - enjoy your thread very much.

thanks again, mike.
that's good, but it wouldn't surprise me to see some come later. totally agree though. they gotta run the table to make it.

my guess is that it's tight early, under 1H, but that the over could hit live (with a reduced #, or with a 2H play as it opens up). there'll be a lot of power running/battling for the trenches to start the game, and utah should be able to cover the TE better than huskies could. UW got pushed around, and did nothing to throw off anyone's rhythm/tempo. utah's tougher/smarter than that.

and damn, the big favs are overpriced this week. :(

bama, georgia, kentucky, ohio st, michigan, and even cincy...all early leans, but just too many points to consider.

and damn, the big favs are overpriced this week. :(

bama, georgia, kentucky, ohio st, michigan, and even cincy...all early leans, but just too many points to consider.
You know want to do…1Q and 1H…..

Damn these fking fumbles by thes top ranked teams kill my 1 q plays 2 weeks in a row…
Mckonkey from Georgia against Kent st….then dude from Ohiost last week!!!!!!!!

As long as Alabama D shows up, 1h play should be good even with backup….pussed out last week cause they on road and that Texas game got into me….ta&m offense don’t look that great….

Vegas ARENA is gonna be full of Mormons and Catholics, one side of the place will sell out of beer and the other will only sell their first once the other side sells out!

:cheers3:

i'm a catholic, yet backed the mormons, when i coulda waited for a +4 :(

You know want to do…1Q and 1H…..

Damn these fking fumbles by thes top ranked teams kill my 1 q plays 2 weeks in a row…
Mckonkey from Georgia against Kent st….then dude from Ohiost last week!!!!!!!!

As long as Alabama D shows up, 1h play should be good even with backup….pussed out last week cause they on road and that Texas game got into me….ta&m offense don’t look that great….

yep :shake:

will definitely have some of that action. even with the lofty prices, this week still has the feel of some big favs (bama, ohio st, georgia, etc) covering the numbers.

yep :shake:

will definitely have some of that action. even with the lofty prices, this week still has the feel of some big favs (bama, ohio st, georgia, etc) covering the numbers.
Got bad vibe on Georgia…fk me up real bad last 2 weeks……will be on Bama and Buckeyes….

forgot to post an addition from earlier. line's the same, and it's square AF, but...

WKU/UTSA over 70.5 for 1

These 2 met twice LY, and hit 90 or more points each time. Why stop now? Neither can defend the pass.

Anyhow, just waiting/hoping for lines to move in my favor. Doubt the favorites I want, like Kentucky, will fall...but some of those dog lines will rise.

Now for the Pac-12 games:

You have my thoughts on the Utah/UCLA game. If you like the Bruins, play them for the 1H. As for the total, wait and play it live. Feels like under 1H, but could go either way late. Obviously, I feel Utah pulls away and covers fairly easily.

Like Utah, USC has gotta win their game too...otherwise, next week won't mean nearly as much. Covering is another story! I think both SC and Utah will be looking ahead. If this reaches +14, I'm playing Wazzou...who's 3-1 ATS in their L4 @ SC.

We all know about ASU's struggles. They did a decent job hanging with USC for a half though, and look to be competing. ASU has won 12 of L14 in this series, going 13-1 ATS. UW has lost 7 straight on the road to ASU. Horrible spot for them historically. Another game where I'm hoping to see +14.

Oregon is also in Arizona, having lost the last 2 SU & ATS in Tucson. Posted the historical trends to this series in post #4. Bottom line, the Ducks should be favored by 16 to 17 here. With the percentages heavily on Oregon, the short line asking for more, and how badly Arizona has looked for much of the season it make you wonder what's up. Will have to plug your nose, but if this line reaches +14 or better, it's worth a flyer. Ducks won't be at their best in this one.

Finally, the Beavers vs Tree. We know who wins that one in nature. ;) Stanford hasn't won a Pac-12 game in forever it seems, and has looked awful. Historically, however, they've owned this series, including 5 straight at home. Another one where you'll have to plug your nose, but if the +7 rises...and if Nolan is out...might have to take a flyer here as well, even with ND on deck. It's ugly, I know...but before LY, the Beavs hadn't beaten Tree since the last time my Yankees won a ring...and lemme tell you, it seems like a gotdamned lifetime ago.

ASU was moving ball all 1h against usc….they were running pretty good and I played live over 69.5 at start of 2nd quarter……then the announcers were saying ASU were running play clock down to try keep USC from getting ball. Still had chance if not for that end of 1 H where ASU didn’t try to score, they were moving ball pretty well and had all 3 timeouts…..darn new coach scared to try for upset win instead wanna play not to lose badly…..then the pick at beginning of 3rd quarter……then also at end of game when ASU down big and they were trying to cover the spread…..smh….

Darn took Oregonst then the QB Nolan got knock out…..just a very bad Saturday for me…I’m blaming my wifey for tapping my head early in the morning…..knew it was bad vibe after she did that…..can’t say anything because she doesn’t know I’m back to gambling sports…..

not planning on touching the mid week shit, but here are some Saturday leans:

- still lean Duke
- lean Pitt, but only if it falls below 2 TDs
- still lean Kentucky, but hoping for the line to come down to 10 or less
- lean Kansas a bit
- lean Miami-Ohio, but not sure i wanna touch the MAC
- lean Texas St a bit
- lean Arizona, but would need 2 TDs or better vs Ducks (see post #16)
- lean Wazzou, but would like +14 (also see post #16, but will settle for +13 if i have to)
- lean Stanford, but would like a bit more value (also more in post #16)
- still lean Texas Tech
- lean Tulsa a bit
- lean Ball St, but lost the line, and still don't wanna touch the MAC

no reason to rush things, so just waiting and watching the lines again, hoping for movement in my favor.

gun to the head, i'd look at rutgers/memphis/nevada in those mid-week games...but gonna try to lay off those entirely this week.

i've gone completely back and forth on the Tenny/LSU game, so will most likely lay off that one as well. coming in, i was really leaning towards backing the Vols in a day game at death valley. however, considering how LSU should be able to move the ball on that defense, i flip flopped some. in the end, it'll be the over or something live with this game...once i can get a better feel of things.

lastly, i made another addition as ASU hit +14 today...

Arizona St (+14) for 1

posts #4 and #16 are why i'm on this side. B2B road trips for the Huskies, who looked really soft vs the Bruins last week. horrible spot historically for UW, and the Sun Devils are starting to play better (see the SC 1st half last week). no doubt UW is the more talented squad. that said, i only make them a 7.5 pt favorite here, and couldn't pass up that line value with all the situational shit.

still no movement in my favor for Arizona, Wazzou, or Stanford. weird to be waiting around to back these three. ;)

another game had a bit of reverse line movement this AM though...

Kentucky (-9.5) for 1

i'll bite. gamecocks will hopefully have a hard time stopping the run, and the series trends will continue.

-------

last day of the regular season. Judge is gonna come up just short of the triple crown, and the quadruple triple crown that i read about (and that only Ted Williams has ever accomplished). barring a 4-4 day, he'll come up a few points short in average. still was super cool to see #62 last night. another fun number was after yesterday's 2nd game, the yanks were 99-62...the game where Judge (#99) hit HR #62. props to Texas for challenging him, and props to the Texas crowd. you all were amazing!!!

will be another short October for my Yanks though. Cole is a HR machine himself, and the only SP that i trust is Nestor the Molestor. (Maybe Sevy too.) The pen is a mess (a sad joke), and other than Judge, the bats just aren't there. IKF is not a SS...and just because the league doesn't give errors any more, or hurt feelings any more, it doesn't mean that he's playing the position adequately at all.

Yanks are the perfect example of the mis-use of, and over-reliance on, analytics. Cashman and Boone have no problem winning 95-100 games a season, sticking to the percentages, but that just doesn't play in October (or any short series/small sample). Unless the Yanks can pull a rabbit outta their ass, once this Oct ends, they'll tie their longest drought without an AL pennant and a WS appearance. 100% falls on their failed leadership.

no one has any balls anymore. Boone can't call out or reprimand someone like Donaldson or Gleyber for not hustling...Cole just keeps giving up HRs, instead of throwing inside and making a hitter uncomfortable...and i can continue on and on with this type of shit. let them play, my ass! play the game right, just like Judge, or sit your ass down. #62, yet I didn't see any bat flips...no pimping...nothing to disrespect the game or the opposing pitcher/team. but yeah, let Tatis Jr pimp a meaningless HR while taking his "medication" and still losing to the Dodgers.

still no movement in my favor for Arizona, Wazzou, or Stanford. weird to be waiting around to back these three. ;)

another game had a bit of reverse line movement this AM though...

Kentucky (-9.5) for 1

i'll bite. gamecocks will hopefully have a hard time stopping the run, and the series trends will continue.

-------

last day of the regular season. Judge is gonna come up just short of the triple crown, and the quadruple triple crown that i read about (and that only Ted Williams has ever accomplished). barring a 4-4 day, he'll come up a few points short in average. still was super cool to see #62 last night. another fun number was after yesterday's 2nd game, the yanks were 99-62...the game where Judge (#99) hit HR #62. props to Texas for challenging him, and props to the Texas crowd. you all were amazing!!!

will be another short October for my Yanks though. Cole is a HR machine himself, and the only SP that i trust is Nestor the Molestor. (Maybe Sevy too.) The pen is a mess (a sad joke), and other than Judge, the bats just aren't there. IKF is not a SS...and just because the league doesn't give errors any more, or hurt feelings any more, it doesn't mean that he's playing the position adequately at all.

Yanks are the perfect example of the mis-use of, and over-reliance on, analytics. Cashman and Boone have no problem winning 95-100 games a season, sticking to the percentages, but that just doesn't play in October (or any short series/small sample). Unless the Yanks can pull a rabbit outta their ass, once this Oct ends, they'll tie their longest drought without an AL pennant and a WS appearance. 100% falls on their failed leadership.

no one has any balls anymore. Boone can't call out or reprimand someone like Donaldson or Gleyber for not hustling...Cole just keeps giving up HRs, instead of throwing inside and making a hitter uncomfortable...and i can continue on and on with this type of shit. let them play, my ass! play the game right, just like Judge, or sit your ass down. #62, yet I didn't see any bat flips...no pimping...nothing to disrespect the game or the opposing pitcher/team. but yeah, let Tatis Jr pimp a meaningless HR while taking his "medication" and still losing to the Dodgers.
Hopefully, Judge can carry us to the WS……

I like KENTUCKY

timing is everything, right? :(

hated to see that line tank last night, and read the news about a possible ankle sprain. it wouldn't surprise me at all if this is playing a role in his availability as well...

either way, it sure f'd up that Kentucky play :mad:

Hopefully, Judge can carry us to the WS……

i'm always hopeful...
but Judge would literally have to put the entire team on his back and carry them thru the playoffs, just like he did during that ridiculously horrible July/August stretch.

still sitting and patiently waiting on the Arizona and Stanford lines to rise. still considering both Kansas and Texas Tech as well. but added this one last night...

Washington St (+13) for 1

wasn't able to log on and post last night, but the line is still available juiced to -120 today. unfortunately, this one was never going to see a +14 no matter how much i hoped or how long i waited.

regardless, the most important thing is for SC and Utah to hold up their ends of the bargain and set up that 10/15 showdown in SLC. whoever wins controls the South, but both SC and Utah will have two tough games remaining on their schedule. (@UCLA and Notre Dame for the Trojans, and @Wazzou and @Oregon for the Utes, so it won't be completely over after 10/15.)

updated card:

Utah (-3) for 1
BYU (+3) for 1
Iowa (+3.5) for 1
Florida (-10) for 1
NCST (-3) for 1
WKU/UTSA over 70.5 for 1
Arizona St (+14) for 1
Kentucky (-9.5) for 1 :(

more to come. :tiphat:

glad I didn't have any plays tonight. woulda lost on memphis, and that choke job woulda ruined my night. ;) instead, i was just able to laugh at them blowing the win and cover. seriously though...i didn't watch much, with the baseball going on, but what i did see of the few games was some ugly ass football. just yuck.

also realized that I forgot to do my Week #7 preview. too late to type it up now, so will skip it. :(

anyhow, here are my final additions for Saturday. all four of these were mentioned more than once in posts above, and waiting really cost me value with one of them. anything else i play tomorrow will be live, so it will unfortunately go un-posted.

Kansas (+7.5) @ -115 for 1
Arizona (+14) @ -120 for 1
Stanford (+5) for 1
Texas Tech (+10) @ -120 for 1

TCU's a scary good offense, but hopefully Kansas can keep up. Expect their run defense to keep them in this one. Had to get Arizona up that extra half pt, but thoughts above. Hate that I wanted 7.5 or better so bad that in the end i had to grab Tree at +5, but it is what it is now. Don't have the balls for a ML play yet, but hoping they break their FBS losing streak. That awful streak is the one thing keeping me from the ML and just taking the points. Lastly, like TT offense to keep it close enough against the high powered Okie Lite offense. Not so sure about their defense, so that's the opening for them to stay w/in the number.

GL tomorrow

final card:

Utah (-3) for 1
BYU (+3) for 1
Iowa (+3.5) for 1
Florida (-10) for 1
NCST (-3) for 1
WKU/UTSA over 70.5 for 1
Arizona St (+14) for 1
Kentucky (-9.5) for 1 :(