Week 6 - What We've Learned

Frank Costanza

Co-Inventor of the Man's Bra
- Clemson is the best team in the country and it's not close. Hell, their DBs have better hands than most WRs in the nation. Years back I would shit on Swinney as having Leach-like idiocy. Stupid me. He's the best coach in the country. His reaction, and the team's reaction, to that offshoot FG return at the end of the 1H said it all. Miami is a good team. Clemson just laid waste to them.
- Bama has defensive issues. Ole Miss ain't that good.
- Mike Leach continues to be an unbridled fraud. All credit due to him tonight for producing a safety along with the 6 picks his team threw. I'm sure he won the presser with some cute comments while throwing his mother-in-law, school janitor or someone else under the bus for another shit performance. All the while continuing to ignore the big issue in the mirror.
- I love Sam Ehlinger. He bleeds orange as much as any Texas player I've ever seen - a fucking baller, on and off the field. On the latter, he led and supported his teammates in their social justice causes to the full degree over the summer. No school in the country generated more social justice initiatives. Yet, today, they all walk off the field before the school song is played after a tough loss. Because they have their fucking panties in a wad around how racially insensitive the Eyes of Texas is. It's not. Look for Ehlnger in the picture, by himself. You have to look hard. It's no wonder we have a divided locker room and a team with no unity or chemistry.

045d9d47df2a0663e0781667c60af392.jpg

ehlinger is a shit passer. missed every single throw over 20 yards overthrowing the ball by 5 yards, including the game ender. that picture is pretty amazing though. Texas just sucks. OU not much better, but they were far superior today and deserved the win.

I was appalled with the miami game plan on offense. you have an athlete like King and he's in the pocket throwing go routes the entire game. just made no sense. their only good offense the entire game was him running.

Guarantano still just terrible against any decent defense. Would assume with the kind of recruiting they've been doing, they have somebody coming at QB who will be worlds better. That probably will make them a regular top 15 team.

Texas Tech and Cuse with unreal bad performances across the board. Check out those two boxes.

UNC finally woke up on offense. They did whatever they wanted to VT. Good fight from VT to make it a game though.

Liberty kicked the shit out of Monroe. Are they the favorite at Cuse next week? Willis, the xfer from Auburn, continues to look good at QB there.

Pelini D...el-oh-el. So bad. Florida going to run it up on them again next week. Seems like they blew the game today as they led basically the whole game.

ehlinger is a shit passer. missed every single throw over 20 yards overthrowing the ball by 5 yards, including the game ender. that picture is pretty amazing though. Texas just sucks. OU not much better, but they were far superior today and deserved the win.
He made some bad throws. no doubt.

Other than carrying the entire team on his shoulders he didn't do much yesterday.

I still love watching OU/Texas. It rarely disappoints. I know the Big 12 and their defenses are an easy target these days, but when these two get together, it's always entertaining.

Speaking of defenses, it took all of one week for the SEC to figure out Leach. 24-2 to KENTUCKY.

If Ole Miss did indeed have Bama's signals, that's on Bama. You might change them then. Dumb.

I feel bad for Arky. That game could have easily got out of hand and unlike Arkansas teams of the past, they battled back. Tough way to lose. But Pittman continues to impress.

Certain teams are just bad at covering when favored. Looking at you Pitt.

What P5 team pulls the trigger on Hugh Freeze next year?

What was Jeremy Pruitt wearing on his head?

If you thought Ed Orgeron was hard to understand before, have you heard him talk through a mask? I think he said when do we play Vanderbilt again?

Why does Virginia always have strange jersey numbers for their back up QBs? This isn't the first time.

Broadly speaking, players being out continues not to matter. Missouri was without 2 of their to 3 receivers among others. Navy was without their top 3 tacklers (2 LB and a S), didn't matter. Virginia Tech actually got at least two key defenders back who have missed, improving their situation, didn't matter. Kansas St was without their QB, Texas Tech got their's back. UTSA down 3 starters on D (Wisdom, probably their best defender, just for 1st H). None of it mattered. Vanderbilt, well, they had some guys out, but that result was probably going to happen with or without them.

Just when I thought TCU might be good...

Once the rain stopped Arkansas' O was ok. End of the game being what it was, I think their biggest issue was starting to chase 2 point plays in the 2nd Q (bad snap/hold on first TD xpt = no good. Went for two on next TD in 2nd Q to make up for it with score 12-17. Auburn gets FG and now it is 12-20. Then they do it again with the score 18-20 in the 3rd Q. They lost the game by 2). Unless you subscribe to some kind of 'let's go for two often philosophy', don't chase the points so early in the game because too many things have yet to play out, like the other team continuing to score.

In a year when nobody can play defense, I really love Georgia's group. I hope they do well vs Bama's O just so we can at least continue to point to one team who has D figured out.

- I love Sam Ehlinger. He bleeds orange as much as any Texas player I've ever seen - a fucking baller, on and off the field. On the latter, he led and supported his teammates in their social justice causes to the full degree over the summer. No school in the country generated more social justice initiatives. Yet, today, they all walk off the field before the school song is played after a tough loss. Because they have their fucking panties in a wad around how racially insensitive the Eyes of Texas is. It's not. Look for Ehlnger in the picture, by himself. You have to look hard. It's no wonder we have a divided locker room and a team with no unity or chemistry.
That's just, <too many adjectives to decide on>

AU apparently found tha horseshoe again. Watched the Ark coach come unglued on Nix’s clocking play. That was in-fact a backwards pass and should been ruled as such. Did not see if there was a definitive recovery. Replay kept cutting it off.
Yes, it was a backward pass. The whistle blew before any recovery, and there was arguably NOT an immediate recovery but an Arkansas palyer did get on the ball a second or two after the spike. Still even if they had let Auburn keep the ball where it wound up, it would have pushed the LOS back 7 or 8 yards.

Last edited:
As bad a Bama looked on d, lsu d is worlds worse
I definitely had reservations with some names that would be starting this year, but I can’t put that on the kids. Not the Damone Clark’s and Andre Anthony’s and other kids that shouldn’t be starting.
The rest outside of Ali Gaye and BJ and Sting( not great yesterday, he may have been dinged) have no excuse for the tackling. It’s bitch made shit.

Pelini gets no pass here tho. Totally inept and out coached in every way. He refuses to make any adjustments and lets teams just gash him.
Waste of money and it’s bad. Real bad.

LSU has a chance to end the nightmare on the 1 essentially and couldn’t do it. Vs Mizzou.

Absolutely trash

I never thought I would see a Texas team look this bad. After watching past Texas teams all week on ESPN that were perfectly coached, never made moron mistakes, and looked like machines, it's shocking to see how poorly Texas is coached. Blocked punt, blocked FG, numerous dumb penalties, including multiple times Texas players pushed an OU player for no reason with the ref standing right next to them. I don't think there was a single Oklahoma scoring drive that wasn't saved by a Texas penalty

Leaving aside all the other problems, I though for sure Texas would come out in the no-huddle against Oklahoma and play it the entire game.

Every week they run their slow-motion offense where the linemen get in position, then they take 20 or 30 seconds to snap the ball, get behind, go into a no-huddle, and Ehlinger becomes unstoppable.

Same thing yesterday. Ran an offense so slow it looks like they are never going to snap the ball, like they wanted to make sure Oklahoma had plenty of time to study how they were lined up, then when they had no other option, went to the no-huddle, Elhinger was unstoppable, and they tied the game. So what does the coaching staff do? Go back to slow motion offense for the overtime.

Every coach who plays Texas does the same thing--rotate D-linemen on every snap and blitz Ehlinger from every angle. It was so pronounced Saturday the announcers talked about how OU was rotating every down.

Then Texas went no-huddle, OU couldn't rotate, or even substitute at all, and Ehlinger dominated the game, turned it completely around, and sent it to overtime. So Herman went back to his slow motion offense, Oklahoma started rotating every play and putting pressure on Ehlinger every play again, and Texas was a different team in the OT.

Amazing to watch

AU apparently found tha horseshoe again. Watched the Ark coach come unglued on Nix’s clocking play. That was in-fact a backwards pass and should been ruled as such.
This was the worst call of the weekend. I don't see how the officials can contort logic far enough to make the ruling they did.

The SEC office tried to make it sound like a good ruling later by saying, "well, Arkansas did recover the ball, true, but it wasn't an instant recovery of the fumble so therefore it makes no difference if it was a backward pass."

I understand the league office trying to protect the officials who made the blunder, but that explanation makes no more sense than the original ruling

I’d like to see a fucking defense not named UGA

Georgia has the best I've seen so far. They are deadly against the run.

I expect Bama is a lot better than they showed against Ole Miss. The Rebels have plenty of talent and are going to light a lot of teams up.

The second best to Georgia I've seen is Miss State, but no one pays any attention to that side of the ball. They pitched a shutout against Kentucky because the only scores Kentucky got were because the Miss St offense gave up 6 picks and Kentucky ran one back, got another at the Miss St 2, and I think the longest drive they made was from about 20 yards out.

Georgia has the best I've seen so far. They are deadly against the run.

I expect Bama is a lot better than they showed against Ole Miss. The Rebels have plenty of talent and are going to light a lot of teams up.

The second best to Georgia I've seen is Miss State, but no one pays any attention to that side of the ball. They pitched a shutout against Kentucky because the only scores Kentucky got were because the Miss St offense gave up 6 picks and Kentucky ran one back, got another at the Miss St 2, and I think the longest drive they made was from about 20 yards out.
Dawgs have at least one corner that gonna be a high draft pick as well. He totally took Auburn’s big wr out that Game few weeks ago, on a island all by himself. He was fantastic, forget his name #3. Can’t wait I to see him hook up with bamas nfl wrs!!

Back