Week 6 Thoughts

E.T.G.

One of trus baby mommas
Favorites: 6-8
Dogs: 4-1
SouthCar: 1-1
Totals: 0-3
Overall: 11-13 -.73units

Ended up going 2-1-1 on the week, made out with +2.9units thanks to the Nevada ML. Got a bad number on WMU so I pushed. USF layed the business and Arky St stunk it up. Still not happy about my record on favorites but pleased with my record on dogs, believe I have hit UK, Nevada, Colorado all on the ML as well.

Start out with my group to narrow. I am taking my time with this card. I have a long way to go with this card, there are a few other games

MTSU -3 (I leaned FAU originally) but believe its home team or nothing here.
Oregon St +11.5
BYU -29
BC-8.5
PSU -12.5
Maryland -13.5
UConn +7
SC +2.5
Auburn -4
WMU -4.5
Illy +2.5
Mizz -10.5
FSU +2.5
UF -24
UK +16.5
Nevada -24
Ball St -7.5

Favorites: 6-8
Dogs: 4-1
SouthCar: 1-1
Totals: 0-3
Overall: 11-13 -.73units

Ended up going 2-1-1 on the week, made out with +2.9units thanks to the Nevada ML. Got a bad number on WMU so I pushed. USF layed the business and Arky St stunk it up. Still not happy about my record on favorites but pleased with my record on dogs, believe I have hit UK, Nevada, Colorado all on the ML as well.

Start out with my group to narrow. I am taking my time with this card. I have a long way to go with this card, there are a few other games

MTSU -3 (I leaned FAU originally) but believe its home team or nothing here.
Oregon St +11.5
BYU -29
BC-8.5
PSU -12.5
Maryland -13.5
UConn +7
SC +2.5 :(
Auburn -4
WMU -4.5
Illy +2.5
Mizz -10.5
FSU +2.5
UF -24
UK +16.5
Nevada -24
Ball St -7.5

Good luck this week, bro. :shake: :36_11_6:

Good luck this week, bro. :shake: :36_11_6:

hahaha, well with me trying to be more selective, that play might not even make the cut for me. Plus, I am so emotionally invested in this game because it means so much to our season, I might just sit it out anyway.

hahaha, well with me trying to be more selective, that play might not even make the cut for me. Plus, I am so emotionally invested in this game because it means so much to our season, I might just sit it out anyway.

I understand. And I probably should be doing the same thing. But, I'm betting it. If we lose this weekend then I'm totally wrong about this Rebel team, but I'm putting up the dough UNTIL they prove me wrong. Health and luck. :cheers:

MTSU -3, Over:

Ok, I originally leaned FAU here but for me on a Tuesday night, its home team or nothing here. I am a firm believer that mid-week travel during the school week sucks for the visiting team. Now, both teams are 1-3 coming into this game, FAU has losses @ Texas, @ Mich St, @ Minn, their win came against UAB at home. MTSU lost to Troy in WK1, then beat Maryland at home, lost @ UK (they led 14-10 in 4th) and then had a letdown against Arky St on the road following that game, they are now 0-2 in the Sun-Belt.

Both teams are off a bye coming into this game. MTSU is really promoting this game because it is on national TV. MTSU is trying to "black out" the stadium and will sport black unis. It didn't work for UGA this weekend but did work for CU, if anything, it makes the fans and players excited. Both teams have had 10 days to prepare for this game, FAU won the game last year.

I do see a glaring problem with FAU and that is their rush defense but to keep things in perspective, they have played some BCS teams who like to run the ball a lot. MTSU has thrown no less than 32x in a game this year because their run production has been slacking so that would be good news for the FAU defense. I think its safe to say coming into this game, both teams have been tested. The last game FAU played was an ass whooping at the hands of Minney while the last game MTSU played was an ass whipping to Arky St.

The case for the over is because both teams are going to be throwing a lot in this game and I do believe there will be some points coming in this one. I think it would be shaded a little low because neither team has lit up the scoreboard this year.

Oregon St +11.5

To be honest, I expected to be laying 7 with Utah in this game, this line just feels too high for me. You can look at this game as a "letdown" for OSU which is acceptable and I know this game has been on the mind of Utah for some time now but they were physically beaten down in this game last year and OSU showed how physical it can play after the USC game. I can totally understand the shitty performance from Utah in the Weber St game but I just expected this line to be much lower. The early money has been on Utah and thats worries me here. Utah has been shutting the running game down of opposing teams so thats another knock on this play. This game is very close to a no play for me but when I first saw the line I was a little caught off guard, was really expecting to lay a TD with Utah

I understand. And I probably should be doing the same thing. But, I'm betting it. If we lose this weekend then I'm totally wrong about this Rebel team, but I'm putting up the dough UNTIL they prove me wrong. Health and luck. :cheers:

welp, hopefully its a good game, thats all i can ask for, and may the better team win.

Watch out for "the future" aka "i get in trouble for spring practice" aka "i can throw the ball further than 20 yds" , mr. Stephen Garcia :tiphat:

BYU -29:

Quite simple here. One team sucks. One team is playing on national TV and trying to impress the general public with their play. Obviously Utah St found a way to win a game last week, running the ball for 350yds on Idaho but now they encounter a high-octane offense with a team taking no prisoners in their quest to the BCS. You have balls the size of basketballs if you have Utah St in this game. This game is very close to a play, Utah St has to score over 17 to have a chance here to cover. I don't even consider this laying 4 TD's on the road, they are not leaving the state and will have more fans at the game

^yeah but i think the over might be a better play...my reason for not betting fau is their defense, and i think mtsu will be able to score too, plus the home nationally televised game will help their energy

write up coming 2morrow.

playing Nevada -24

Quickly, not buying a letdown, Nevada gets in a groove and starts rolling over these next few teams (Idaho, NMST, Utah St). Idaho is top 3 worst teams in this country playing D1 ball.

As I said, I played Nevada-24 last night

Today I played BYU-28

I stayed away from the MTSU game but was wondering who just pounded that over around lunch time when I was at work.

I will do a small write up for Nevada later, they should ass pound Idaho though. I'm not happy about having 2 games with road favorites of 24+ points but thats the way shit happens sometimes

GL bro, a number of similar leans for me...also on MTSU tonight.

hope you have a good week mags

I know I said I was flat-betting the rest of the yr, I am, but I will make a few exceptions for it.

Boise -14 (1st half) for 1unit

Going half what my standard play is but LaTech is a different team away from Ruston, this is a pretty far trip and its during the middle of the week. Boise on the smurf turf is one tough team to go against and I vowed after having Oregon St +14 a few years ago to never do so again. OSU was up 14-0 and then was hammered for 42 straight points, anyway, that has nothing to do with this game. I think the LaTech passing defense will give way to Moore all night but worried about this back door being open so I'll play on the 1st half. I know this game will be 100x better played than that shit last night. Boise might take the 1st quarter to get started but in every game this year, they've been up by more than 14 in the first half

Nevada -24:

Said last week I read that the UNLV game was a make-or-break for their season, they won, and now they will begin to roll. Against UNLV they put up 620yds of offense and 444 came on the ground. Kaepernick is just too talented for the bad defenses in the WAC, especially Idaho, a team who gave up 600yds of offense to SDST, 356 rushing yards to Utah St, and has lost its last 3 games by 28, 25, 23 to SDST, Utah St, and WMU. Nevada should put up 50+ in this one and they should limit the Idaho offense (run game) 54-17

Remaining Leans:

SC +110
WMU -5
Miami OH -7
Illy +130
FSU +115 (sucks losing 15cents off this line compared to Illy)
UK +16.5
Auburn -4.5
Tenn -16
Ball St-8
tOSU -2

I am glad I have BYU in, see it at 29.5 @ greek right now. I would like to lock 1-2 more plays in before Bob hits them, have Real Estate class, won't be around till late. Also trying to figure out if I want to do anything with the games 2morrow night

BYU -29:

Quite simple here. One team sucks. One team is playing on national TV and trying to impress the general public with their play. Obviously Utah St found a way to win a game last week, running the ball for 350yds on Idaho but now they encounter a high-octane offense with a team taking no prisoners in their quest to the BCS. You have balls the size of basketballs if you have Utah St in this game. This game is very close to a play, Utah St has to score over 17 to have a chance here to cover. I don't even consider this laying 4 TD's on the road, they are not leaving the state and will have more fans at the game

This game isn't on anything but local TV unfortunately. The only reason this game is on a Friday is due to a mormon church thing being held all weekend. Still think BYU has to stay on the throttle to try and hold their spot in the rankings. They should and probably will fall a couple of places this week depending on rankings. Won't be surprised at all if USC jumps back above them.

Always enjoy reading your threads. GL this week.

This game isn't on anything but local TV unfortunately. The only reason this game is on a Friday is due to a mormon church thing being held all weekend. Still think BYU has to stay on the throttle to try and hold their spot in the rankings. They should and probably will fall a couple of places this week depending on rankings. Won't be surprised at all if USC jumps back above them.

Always enjoy reading your threads. GL this week.

woah, good catch, i figured it was on national tv cause of the friday night crap. damn. guess i'm stuck with cinci-marshall for my pregaming:shake:

getting this in before work.

Play on Illy+120

Updated Card:

BYU-28
Nevada-24
Illy +120

Avatar bet on the game this weekend.

SC covers, you chose mine for a week.

Ole Miss covers, I chose yours.

Do we have a deal? (:shake: ?)

Memphis -3 (1unit)

This is the same size wager as last night, 1 unit. I am avoiding the 2 bigger games and going with the little schools. Tonight, I know this goes against what I always say: "Midweek travel for road teams sucks" but I think Memphis will be an exception tonight because of their opponent. I am taking the team with offense. I know UAB has put up some offensive numbers against teams not in the SEC but I think Memphis can slow them down. Memphis has some confidence coming off 2 straight wins after 2 heartbreaking conference losses to Rice and Marshall in conference. They beat me last week with Arkansas St and I got to watch a good bit of that game and I came away fairly impressed with Memphis. They kept a pretty balanced and high powered offense in check. Memphis has a good passing game and now, they discovered a running game in the last 2 weeks. UAB only weapon on offense = QB, Joe Webb, he was a little beaten up after the game with South Carolina. I think Memphis goes off for 30+ in this game and don't think UAB can trade scores all night. GL to all, hope you can actually read this

Last edited:
be careful guys ... i had several terrible weeks and it was over two weekends where i had to sport an atrocious looking utah utes avatar ... be afraid ... be very afraid

be careful guys ... i had several terrible weeks and it was over two weekends where i had to sport an atrocious looking utah utes avatar ... be afraid ... be very afraid

bite your tongue. :whip:

I'm hoping ETG wins this bet as his Avatars are always great times.

Memphis -3 (1unit)

This is the same size wager as last night, 1 unit. I am avoiding the 2 bigger games and going with the little schools. Tonight, I know this goes against what I always say: "Midweek travel for road teams sucks" but I think Memphis will be an exception tonight because of their opponent. I am taking the team with offense. I know UAB has put up some offensive numbers against teams not in the SEC but I think Memphis can slow them down. Memphis has some confidence coming off 2 straight wins after 2 heartbreaking conference losses to Rice and Marshall in conference. They beat me last week with Arkansas St and I got to watch a good bit of that game and I came away fairly impressed with Memphis. They kept a pretty balanced and high powered offense in check. Memphis has a good passing game and now, they discovered a running game in the last 2 weeks. UAB only weapon on offense = QB, Joe Webb, he was a little beaten up after the game with South Carolina. I think Memphis goes off for 30+ in this game and don't think UAB can trade scores all night. GL to all, hope you can actually read this
Health tonight bro! :pillow:

Akron-3.5

Big rivalry game for these 2 teams but I believe Akron this year has been a more competitive team.

Akron: Trailed Wisky 17-10 @ half, lost 38-17, they hammered Cuse on the road, and hung with Cinci the whole game to lose17-15.

Kent: lost 21-0 @ BC, lost by 20 @ Iowa St, and lost by 17 @ ULL.

Both teams have losses by similar scores to Ball St.

Kent St goes as far as Edelman will take them. His passing is not great by any means but his running is. Akron DL was suffering from some injuries earlier in the year but they got some of those guys back last week in the game versus Cinci. Kent will also be without RB Eugene Jarvis which hurts their offense.

Akron has more balance on offense, has played tougher teams and they have been more competitive. I am not worried about a let-down for Akron here after the Cinci game because this Kent game means the season, the same can be said for Kent facing Akron in this rivalry, I just believe this is a 10+ point win for Akron, the better and more tested team.

For more info see this thread:

http://cappingthegame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65991

Updated Plays:

Boise -14 (1st half) for 1unit
Memphis -3 (1unit)
Utah -6 (2nd half) 1.2 to win 1

BYU-28
Nevada-24
Illy +120
Akron -3.5

A Yag 1-1-1 -.2unit going into tonight. As I mentioned before, the 4 games left are to win 2 units. Illinois is 2 to win 2.4...Still got a few more I'm looking at and will add tomorrow cause I'll be too drunk 2night

i got mine picked out for Ramble

lol

"Utah -6 (2nd half) 1.2 to win 1

Tailing Broadway
"

fuck!; very sorry man...that was a rough one. i'm ice cold this week. if it makes you feel any better, i lost a couple grand on that fucking game; i was way off on that one. i'm an awful, terrible chalk bettor...for future reference...not that it helps much now...shit!

Back