Week 6 plays and thoughts

M.W.

Parties like it's 1979
Haven't posted this year. Started the season with two trials and a wedding out of town.

Got down early at BM on a few plays:

Baylor -21.5 (-121) - Last year, WVU won 70-63 in Morgantown. Would expect Baylor to have this one circled -- focus should be outstanding as the Bears are off a bye and this is their biggest test yet.

Texas State +10 - Tyler Jones is a huge upgrade over Tyler Arndt, who was okay as a freshman but has regressed since Franchione arrived with an offensive system that doesn't suit Arndt.

Jones had a great day in his first start as a TFr yesterday. ULL's non-cover in Manhattan is a huge red flag, as K St hasn't really come close to covering against anyone else. ULL's only cover came against their neighbors from across the (Atchafalaya) swamp, as they caught Nicholls off a stunning upset win over an FBS foe.

Okla St -14 (-121) -- Okla St was in a bad spot last week, while WVU was looking forward to the revenge matchup (lost 55-34 last year). This week OSU looks to avenge a 44-30 loss to K St, and K State (even off a bye) doesn't have the horses to keep it close this year.

LSU -9.5 -- LSU should bounce back against a State team that still hasn't proven they can keep it close against the SEC's elite. Miss State is in an extremely favorable situation, however, which I didn't notice before placing the bet. May buy off this one.

FAU +7

Added:

Bay 1H -16.5

Bama 1H -35 )-120)

Added:

SMU +6.5, +5. +4.5

UVA -3 (-120)

UVA under 48

Illinois team over 24.5 (-130)
(I'm regretting this one; winds in Lincoln should be 20-23 mph the whole game)

Idaho +28

UNM TT over 35.5

GT +6.5

Last edited:
Looking to add SMU -- this is the kind of game where SMU pulls the upset. Rutgers has a game at UL the following Thursday.

Also likely to add Army if I can get it at +14. BC > Wake > Army -- do BC players think this will be easy?

great early grab on baylor! LV opener was 21...missed what it was at BM...but quickly up to 27, where it should be. (my PR#s said 26, fwiw.)

:cheers:

Thanks, gentlemen.

Baylor was -21 -121 when I clicked submit. It moved to 21.5 and then 21.5 -121 before I was able to confirm.

Baylor went all the way to 30 before retreating.

Thanks, gentlemen. Silky, I still expect your boys to beat my Tigers in a few weeks.

Thanks, Tim.

Added:

SMU +6.5 (-105), -5, -4.5
Miss -2.5 -120
Bama 1H -35 (-120) -- should have played over 37, but have nothing more budgeted for this game
Baylor 1H -16.5

Added :

SMU +6.5, +5. +4.5
UVA -3 (-120)
UVA under 48
Illinois team over 24.5 (-130) (I'm regretting this one; winds in Lincoln should be 20-23 mph the whole game)
Idaho +28
UNM TT over 35.5
GT +6.5

Likely to add UNM/NMSU over, NW, La Tech

Back