Week 6 -- Pac12 Junk

jimmymo

Beer and Betting Belong Together
Already week 6…..The P12 thread worked last week, as I went 3-0 on my posted plays with Oregon, Washington and Arizona State (a big one and a bit lucky)…of course, that was coming off a week of going like 1-6…..…anyway, let’s do the P12 rundown again just for the fun of it…….

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: When asked about how BYU could go into Camp Randle and upset Wisconsin and then get beaten so badly by Washington at Husky Stadium, BYU Coach Sitake simply replies….”They [Washington] are just a different animal…..

Bets Made

Arizona State +3

P12 Thoughts

utah (+5) @ STANFORD………I have not been high on the Tree this year and think they are again in a ripe spot for the taking…..Love is banged up a bit and I think the very, very good secondary of Utah can negate the size advantage of the Stanford receivers (Utah good and good-sized in the secondary)….I do have some worry about the Utah Offenses, as it seems to me that Huntley has not really gotten any better since his freshman year……both teams in odd spots, but I think even though Utah is on the second of B2B roadies, I think they are really in desperation mode….the Stanford/ND game was predictable after the Oregon game, but I still see this as a tough spot after traveling halfway across the country for such a high profile game..I see a big-time grinder here and really a coin flip game where the points will be big…….Utah 20 Stanford 18

washington (-21) at UCLA……..number is pretty good and no strong feeling….there are good arguments on both sides here….for starters, DTR played behind Tate Martell at Bishop-Gorman in Las Vegas and only played one year as a starting QB (playing WR until then)….so, this guy’s experience is one year as a HS quarterback and four games as a true frosh and now asking him to move the ball on one of the top 3 defenses in the country?? You could argue that 24 points should get the cover here for the UW……however, the UW has not won in Pasadena in some god-awful amount of time and I could see this being a back and forth grinder with not a ton of scoring on either side…..EVERYONE (the fans, not the team) is focused almost 100% on the trip to Eugene next week for this UW team…..the current sentiment is to put this one away by halftime and rest the starters the 2nd half (seriously, there are a TON of folks saying this stuff)…...nobody is giving the Bruins any chance for an upset…and that is when crazy shit happens….also, for whatever reason, the UW seems to struggle with timing and what not when playing on grass…..I don’t love it and I believe Coach Pete will keep the Dawgs fully focused….the backdoor may be open here, but I am going to call a win/cover for the UW just because UCLA will really struggle to score……UW 33 UCLA 7

Oregon v. BYE…..fukk off Larry Smith….just fukk right off for allowing the Ducks a bye week in advance of the UW having to travel to Eugene…..do you EVER think that the SEC would make Bama play at South Carolina and then travel to LSU with LSU coming off a bye week??? FFS….fukk off Larry….I hope half the Ducks roster ends up in jail this weekend (over/under is 3 1/2)

arizona state (+3) @ COLORADO…..this is mainly a fade of what I think is a VASTLY overrated buffalo team…I do not like the defense of ASU, but think the Sun Devil offense will move the ball consistently against the Buffs…..Buffs 4-0, but have played a god-awful schedule so far.....they won in Lincoln, but gave up 500+ yards to what is now recognized as a horseshit Husker team….sure they pulled away from the worst (or 2nd worst) team in the P12 last week at home….so what, and they were in a dog fight at halftime…….I think ASU gets a good solid win here….Arizona State 36 Colorado 24

OREGON STATE (+17) v. washington state……..this is an interesting one, as Wazzu is somewhat of a surprise this year….for those of you that have not seen Minneshew play yet, this guy is very good and throws a very, very good ball…and he can move a bit when needed…….Cougars coming off a big emotional win at home against Utah and now travel in a tough spot to play a lesser opponent….Beavers are pretty bad on defense and this game could EASILY get away from them, but they went down very early to ASU last week and just kept grinding and grinding their way….getting it back to a 7 point game a couple of times….the Beaver offense is good and had a lot of success last week (although the Coug defense is better than ASU in my opinion)……..I have a feeling the Beavs stick around and make this somewhat interesting late….not going to call for upset, but I do think this cashes for the Beavs…….WSU 38 Oregon State 27

ARIZONA (+2 1/2) v. california……..the wildcats are almost an un-betable team, but I will give them a slight lean here….i really got nothing more than I think the Cats show up and I think Cal is a bit overrated….

Last edited:
Bull, this conference can produce totally illogical results...and do so on a semi-regular basis.....went 1-6 two weeks ago, 3-0 this past week.....who the fukk knows this week....my only actual bet so far is ASU +3

GL this week....

Sorry about this, mr mo.,( I'm having a crappy year) but my leans are Wash, O St, and Utah.
I like fading Cal. However, my one play on Zona they got killed by Houston.
I have had better luck with ASU. Played them v Mch St and Wash. Won Both. I'm kinda a Herm fan.
I'm also a cheap SOB, and wait till Friday nite when 5 Dimes lowers the juice.
GL to you, and thanks for the thread

I like Oregon st as well. Minneshaw is steady but doesn’t stretch field. So much of the pass game is just swing it out on a bubble. They haven’t beaten anybody. I don’t consider Utah a quality win. Not a team that can cover big numbers on road. Ore st had a little fight in them last week getting back in the game after early struggles.

Like the under in Stanford/Utah. Utah is the ultimate under and Bryce love isn’t close to healthy.

Finally it is a good week to have the PAC12 Network, two of the more intreguing games to me are ASU at CU and WSU at OSU.

I do not remember all the different weeks, but that one year didn't Alabama face a bunch of teams who were off a bye? You think Larry Scott has a conspiracy against UW?

Off-topic, but this might be the best thing I have read in a long time......Hogan was the best

1538773063292.png

Back