-week 6 ncaaf-

broadwayjoe

May 5Dimes MLB 2nd place
sides: 24-20 +2.05
totals: 4-1 +2.90
ml dogs: 13-18 +12.45
big plays: 4-4 -1.05
ytd: +16.35

this will be an easy week...worst card i've seen in years plus a good week last week makes for a short card...have my eye on a few totals, but doubt i'll play any...write-ups and week 5 recap to follow...

edit: after the horrible start that has me in the hole almost 10 units on friday....all night i've been reading and working....leaned on a couple of plays that a couple of people on here have helped me pull the trigger on; i guess it was probably wishful thinking that i'd have such a little card with no ml dogs, and the bad start got me motivated:

tues..

FAU/MTSU OVER 48

wed..

La Tech +22
La Tech +25

thurs...

edit: i'm going to count the 2 utah plays and the 2h play (3 total units = big play) as one "big play" since it's all basically the same...and the 1h play as a side

Utah -10.5
Utah -11
Utah 1h -6.5
Utah 2h -6

USF -7 2h (-105)

fri...

Cinci/Marshall OVER 47.5

sat...

***BIG PLAY - NC State +8***/ML +280

EMU +21 (-120)

Purdue +14

Ole Miss -2.5

ASU +9/ML +290

Nebraska +11/ML +320

UL Monroe ML +130

Wyoming ML +360

Colorado +14

Kentucky +17 (-120)

Ohio State/Wisconsin OVER 44.5

GL:cheers:

Last edited:
sides: 24-20 +2.05
totals: 4-1 +2.90
ml dogs: 13-18 +12.45
big plays: 4-4 -1.05
ytd: +16.35

this will be an easy week...worst card i've seen in years plus a good week last week makes for a short card...have my eye on a few totals, but doubt i'll play any...write-ups and week 5 recap to follow...

wed..

La Tech +22

thurs...

Utah -10.5

sat...

Colorado +14

Kentucky +17 (-120)

GL:cheers:

Very nice week joe !! congrats !! No big plays for this week? GL !!!

thanks gmo, no big plays...not my kind of card. if utah was a little lower, it probably would have been a big play...like that one the most. gl this week

You being on Utah gave me the push to get it at 11. Should have grabbed the lower #, but it was a hard one to predict the line move on. BOL this week joe.

Broadway -

If you have a minute, care to give some passing thoughts on my leans in my thread? GL this week.

jpicks, i have a hard time seeing a scenario where oregon state stays competitive...hope we cash

ramble...visited your thread and left some quick comments. what i was interested in that i left out was vandy...can you let me know why you like vandy when you get a chance? don't get the love for vandy; most overrated ranked team there is imo. thanks

GL this week.

For me, Vandy is more of a fade of Auburn laying point on the road in the SEC. You can't tell me you'd be comfortable with laying over a score with these guys, can you? Week after week people bet auburn and fail to realize that Auburn laying points on the road = certain bankroll disaster. Vandy is always tricky at home so I could see Vandy winning this SU or keeping it close. :shake:

i wouldn't be comfortable laying over a score on the road with auburn, you're absolutely right. but i also wouldn't be comfortable with this short line and what i consider to be a vastly inferior team, moreso than what this line portrays. i'm not sure which one outweighs the other, but i can't see how vandy scores enough to be competitive

kyle, you're not going to like it, but i'll have the long version up tomorrow or wednesday...basically what has this team done to prove they should be 14 pt favs on the road? who have they beaten in a true road game by double digits since vince young ? rice? baylor? iowa state? doesn't impress me. they've had it cushy so far, and now they face an underrated home team that matches up with them well with oklahoma on deck. and opening up that utep boxscore really helped me out too...because you know how i feel about them. take a look at that boxscore without knowing the score and you would think it's a 3-7 pt game. and it's utep. that secondary hasn't done anything to prove to me that they have improved to the extent they needed to from last year. they'll get theirs through the air on the other side, but i'm not convinced they'll be able to run the ball effectively enough to cover this number. if colorado can find success in the running game they may even have a chance to win the game su, because i think they can exploit the texas secondary enough to score points.

Played Kentucky as well @ +17.5 . Really like Auburn @ Vandy as I have faded the Tigers in consecutive weeks and Vandy had no business winning @ Ole Miss. Also lean Colorado and no opinion on the rest FWIW . BOL:cheers:

i wouldn't be comfortable laying over a score on the road with auburn, you're absolutely right. but i also wouldn't be comfortable with this short line and what i consider to be a vastly inferior team, moreso than what this line portrays. i'm not sure which one outweighs the other, but i can't see how vandy scores enough to be competitive

My thoughts exactly, except for they are about Auburn. :shake:

GL this week.

kyle, you're not going to like it, but i'll have the long version up tomorrow or wednesday...basically what has this team done to prove they should be 14 pt favs on the road? who have they beaten in a true road game by double digits since vince young ? rice? baylor? iowa state? doesn't impress me. they've had it cushy so far, and now they face an underrated home team that matches up with them well with oklahoma on deck. and opening up that utep boxscore really helped me out too...because you know how i feel about them. take a look at that boxscore without knowing the score and you would think it's a 3-7 pt game. and it's utep. that secondary hasn't done anything to prove to me that they have improved to the extent they needed to from last year. they'll get theirs through the air on the other side, but i'm not convinced they'll be able to run the ball effectively enough to cover this number. if colorado can find success in the running game they may even have a chance to win the game su, because i think they can exploit the texas secondary enough to score points.

All good points and some of the reasons i was also considering colorado earlier in the week. Problem i have is that the colorado run defense really hasn't been that stout.

Wondering at what number you think utah is no good for a bet ?

i think colorado's rush defense is better than what they've shown and what people think....i'm not reading much into the fsu game because they were in a bad spot and had to travel far. plus i think fsu is a pretty damn good football team too; (just wished they would have shown up vs wake haha). colorado just obviously has a tough time matching up for whatever reason, i believe they lost by dd last year at home to them. i don't know, i just think this will be a lot closer than people think...7-2 this and last year at home and only losing 1 game (vs missouri) by 14 is more evidence that they have a better chance to cover than what texas has shown me on the road. i could certainly see colorado concerns though...understandable you'd leave one on the table because you're a texas fan hahahahahha.

personally, i was going to bet utah whatever the number was, because i think they blow oregon state out. everybody is talking byu and they have to feel slighted by that. people just seemed to write off going to the big house and dominating. here's another chance to show the country what they can do against a team that just knocked off number 1. i literally think this is a top 5 team in the nation. i would take it all the way up to 17. i expected it to come out lower, which affected my unit size here, and i hate this much chalk, so i'm only playing for a regular play....for now. well, i also don't expect many people to agree with me in how good they are, so maybe a more reasonable cap would be 13, but i'm expecting a 34-13 type game, so i'm hoping it won't matter. :shake:

i may add 1h, and i may make a play on them in the 2h as well. something tells me i'm not done betting on them.

added another latech unit due to the line raise up to 25. i think boise's home line usually goes up...no concern. this line is simply ridiculous. boise by 10.

also added ohio state over, and i'll have a full write-up on that game tonight or tomorrow.

that will likely be it, although i may add some to utah either game or 1h. none of the other totals i was looking at came out with numbers i liked, and i'd need a couple more points out of asu or ul monroe to make a wager, which isn't likely

i think colorado's rush defense is better than what they've shown and what people think....i'm not reading much into the fsu game because they were in a bad spot and had to travel far. plus i think fsu is a pretty damn good football team too; (just wished they would have shown up vs wake haha). colorado just obviously has a tough time matching up for whatever reason, i believe they lost by dd last year at home to them. i don't know, i just think this will be a lot closer than people think...7-2 this and last year at home and only losing 1 game (vs missouri) by 14 is more evidence that they have a better chance to cover than what texas has shown me on the road. i could certainly see colorado concerns though...understandable you'd leave one on the table because you're a texas fan hahahahahha.

personally, i was going to bet utah whatever the number was, because i think they blow oregon state out. everybody is talking byu and they have to feel slighted by that. people just seemed to write off going to the big house and dominating. here's another chance to show the country what they can do against a team that just knocked off number 1. i literally think this is a top 5 team in the nation. i would take it all the way up to 17. i expected it to come out lower, which affected my unit size here, and i hate this much chalk, so i'm only playing for a regular play....for now. well, i also don't expect many people to agree with me in how good they are, so maybe a more reasonable cap would be 13, but i'm expecting a 34-13 type game, so i'm hoping it won't matter. :shake:

i may add 1h, and i may make a play on them in the 2h as well. something tells me i'm not done betting on them.

no fair calling me out as a fan !!:36_11_6:

That didn't keep me off a losing bet on arkansas last week.

like i said in basic agreement with your thought process on colorado , it just isn't quite enough for me to put my money on.

Wow. pretty bold statement with the top 5 talk for utah !!! I loved the spot too and expect utah to win handily but everytime people underestimate riley and the beavers they seem to show up. Really just thought the number was a bit higher than i expected and the one weakness that utah has shown so far this year is pass protection , allowing almost 2.5 a game and we saw what beavs can do with pass rush last week.

i think utah stuffs the run well and movaeo ( sp ? ) on the road is a less than inspiring beast.

Another one that i basically agree on but just don't want to bet.

keep up the good capping joe ... great insight from you as per usual. answer your pm that i sent if you get a chance.

haha i know you being a fan wasn't the reason why you laid off...just busting balls. as for the pm, check back in here later on tonight, and i should have a more detailed look of what i think about the game...some expected changes on the oline are going to sure it up bigtime imo, and wisky will have moderate success on offense, but i'm pretty confident the bucks will be able to score as well as wisky struggles with mobile qbs...tough that it's his first time being counted on on the road, but i think i can demonstrate how he's less likely to make mistakes than boeckman if you know what i mean. with boeckman in and the oline as it was in california, this is absolutely a play on wisky, and probably a big one...however, with these changes and a healthy beanie, i'm pretty confident that osu isn't overvalued here, and it's a no play. gun to my head, i'd still take wisky (not now actually that it's dropped), but i have a gut feeling the bucks win this one...one thing i'm pretty confident in is that they'll be able to score. is their defense overrated? absolutely, but it's still pretty damn tough against this type of offense.

0-3 -3.30

well those fuckin smurfs got me again haha. dammit. sticking to my guns that they're overrated. don't like their qb at all, and ian has regressed. defense looks good, but i wouldn't base that on la tech's anemic offense. not real worried about the rest of the week because 1. i was kind of counting on having an off week because of the very solid week i had last week 2. everytime i've had losing weeks overrall so far i have crushed the weekday card, and vise versa...haven't put them both together yet, but it seems i either rebound or give back my profits...anyways moving along...

adding to my utah wager, and it's more or less become a big play now:

Utah -11

Utah 1h -6.5

ETG, in short, not really...nothing very logical anyways haha. sorry; i like fsu this year, but i honestly have no idea who wins this game. i put it at a pk, and i think fsu is probably the better team, but wouldn't want to bet against the home team....sorry bud, this is the game i prob have least of feel on of the entire card...

wow this looks too easy, but i'm taking the bait:

USF 2h -7 (-105) --- gives you +3 on the game; unreal

Joe I read an interesting article on ESPN this afternoon about Alabama and there recent surge up the rankings. I will try to post for you tomorrow.

Good Luck on all your plays

well i'm down over 8 units. wow. going for the 9th lost unit:

Cinci/Marshall OVER 47.5

just got a little out of control with the movement imo...

okay, as i am watching these defenses play the games of their lives...here are some basic ohio state/wisky thoughts....

let me say something that is probably obvious to many, but want to reiterate it because it's extremely important imo. pryor playing over boeckman is huge on so many levels. first from a pure talent perspective. you have one of the most explosive players in the country...already. adds a lot of options to the offense that aren't there with boeckman, and puts defenses in some tough spots, especially when accompanied by beanie...what a backfield! secondly, the team has lost its faith in boeckman due to his performance in big games, and i think just his laid back personality in general. not an emotional leader, and he's never done anything positive in a very clutch situation to prove to his team he can be counted on. that's huge....if you're a qb and you make a mistake, it makes it very hard to bounce back when you don't have the amount of respect from your huddle that's needed. in that usc game, not only was the opposing defense's demeanor a lot different when pryor was in because they had to be aware of a lot more, but the offense visibly played harder, which is incredible to me. this helps change what would have been a terrible mental state of mind for the bucks, especially the seniors for much of the year i think. the whole aura of the team and its fans have changed with this change. as stupid as it sounds, as a fan, i didn't think i would be able to bounce back because i was just sick with following these guys. they fuckin blew another one. same old story with boeckman putting them in fucked up situations then hanging his head and not doing anything with any kind of risk the rest of the game. i thought wow, this team has to be spent right now....because i'm spent!!! as a fan!!! how can you pick your head up after that if you're boone or road warrior animal or jenkins who came back for this?? well pryor and the return of beanie has re-created that buzz, and they can be the only team EVER to win 3 consecutive big10 titles and may get a rematch and close out their college career with an epic rose bowl game. the pryor move, tressel's ability to motivate, and even the fact that they may have an outside chance to get back in the picture after the losses (i think there's no chance in hell) and at the very least have a chance to finish some of their college careers in an epic rose bowl rematch has completely changed the mindset of these players. tressel isn't being shy about great recruits, promoting competition amont the offensive line even among the freshmen tackles...so that adds some new excitement as well, and he's making changes and opening up competition in other spots as well. he's also playing the slighted card and rightfully so as they still aren't in the top10 even after all the upsets to unranked opponents at home (clear throat, bullshit). and yes, pryor will make some mistakes vs wisky, making his first appearance as the man on the road, but the experience vs usc helped i think....and, considering the mistakes boeckman has made in EVERY big game, i am not convinced his performance is going to be worse. pryor will get some bigtime opportunities because of wisky's need to load the box to stop beanie...something that usc didn't have to do because beanie wasn't in the game.

some quotes:

"i saw a lot of (pryor's) back today. on the td, he looked like a 100 yard sprinter. it's exciting" -guard, cordle

"as many (carries) as the team needs me to. i really think i can handle the ball 40 to 50 times next week" -wells

"we're definitely a new offense. i know we can feel that on the field, and i'm sure people can feel it in the stands and on tv. it feels a little different, but regardless it's the same guys so hopefully we should be successful." -hartline in response to the look of the offense with pryor/beanie in the backfield

the offensive line moves are huge. browning needs to be phased out, and tressel insinuated that this would in fact happen when he said rehring can play both guard and tackle and he'd like to get the two stud freshmen tackles on the field. that will help sure up the other side of the offensive line and allow the bucks to open it up on both sides of the ball. i think this will help them score a lot...havin one of the most talented backfields and a newly sured up oline will help the passing game quite a bit, and pryor can certainly throw it and make plays that way too. keeping the defense honest with the run is the only way we can pass because our receivers aren't the greatest at creating separation, but they'll be fine with man to man and no safeties lurking around. pryor also needs to find the tight end...something he did against troy that we hadn't done all year.

as i had said before, i had this game on my radar before the season started to play wisconsin. i thought homefield was huge and they'd win the battle in the trenches. they always play us well. 16 straight home games they've won by more than 3 tds per game!!!!!! 27-1 since 04. 21 of its last 22 night games. i still think wisky matches up well enough with our defense to be able to score at home. if beckum can get and stay on the field (he's banged up), we'll obviously have a tough time with him. and our dline looks pretty overrated, so we should give some up on the run as well. graham is very good too if he can't go or sees limited action, and i expect him to have success as well....but he got banged up as well and missed the game vs michigan. i wouldn't expect much from the receivers, but they should still be able to score despite all of this. another thing about their rushing offense is that for the last 3 games, they've been right around 160 or so, while gaining 404 vs marshall...so the stats are a little skewed. nevertheless they have a big experienced oline that doesn't give up sacks and gets a great push in the running game, which is something that we'll struggle with on the road. they have a little bit of an undersized dline that we should be able to take advantage of too (biggest starter is around 290), and the same can be said for their linebackers...but both units experienced. secondary is pretty inexperienced, but chris carter's brother is very solid and makes big plays. the secondary as a hole has been overly agressive and i think we can take advantage of this with some big plays in the passing game after establishing the run. michigan scored on plays of 58, 34, and 26 in their comeback last week, so it's a defense that can give up the big play.

osu will be able to run the ball. 211 yards rushing in last year's matchup and 3 second half tds for beanie. with pryor's added feature and wisky not getting any bigger in their front 7, i expect the same this year. same thing on the flip side with wisky averaging 215 a game on the ground. they have the size to push us off the ball, and i'm concerned about our dline here.

bucks should have the exact type of passing game that wisky is vulnerable to, only relying on it for big plays. they are ball-hawking and risk takers and they will try to jump routes and get nosy to the run. there may be an int or two, but there will be more big plays through the air if the ground game works early too. like i said on the flipside, evridge isn't a great qb, but he's solid and relies on his tight ends, something we're vulnerable to imo. we should have no trouble on the outside as our corners are better athletes than the wisky receivers. big plays from the tight ends though if they establish the run, which i'm counting on.

special teams edge goes to wisky here imo. excellent punter (over 42 yards per kick) and a kicker with a strong leg. gilreath can make plays in the return game, and nobody from the bucks can. this is dangerous for the bucks on the road, but good for the over as it will get the crowd into it both ways.

wisky in an excellent spot...pissed of as hell about that michigan loss, an incredible team at home, and revenge. this and their oline should make for a good game for them offensively. they were given the blueprint by usc, and while there are things they can't execute that usc did, there are some things that they can as well. i really see some fireworks on the other side of the ball too. plenty of advantages the bucks can take advantage of, even on the road. i like the bucks to carry the momentum from all of the changes and created motivation that have transpired over the last few weeks and use pryor and beanie to win a shootout. 33-24 buckeyes. over 44.5. would def lean bucks -1.

Much has been made about Wisconsin’s total collapse last week at Michigan that saw its 19-0 lead over previously punchless Michigan evaporate into a 27-25 loss.
But if there’s one saving grace for the Badgers, it’s that they get to return home to Camp Randall Stadium, one of the toughest places to play in the Big Ten.
The Badgers have won 16 consecutive games at home, providing for the second-longest home winning streak in school history. The team’s average winning margin during those home games has been 21.3 points per game. Wisconsin is 27-1 at Camp Randall since Bielema joined the staff as the defensive coordinator before the 2004 season and 16-0 in the stadium with Bielema as the head coach.
That dominance extends to night games as well. Wisconsin has won 21 of its last 22 night games, including the last six they have played in Camp Randall Stadium, the fourth-oldest on-campus Division I-A stadium in use. The school’s last home night game loss came to Colorado in 1995. It wouldn’t be hard to expect the Badger crowd to be fully riled up by the time the 7 p.m. kickoff local time arrives.
Then there’s “Jump Around,” the tradition in which the stadium’s student section obeys the House of Pain song’s title exhortation.
It all adds up to a tough place to play for visitors – and an atmosphere that could be the spring back in Wisconsin’s step should they be down after the loss to the Wolverines.
“You want to strike first and try to keep the crowd as much out of it as you can,” Ohio State lineman Jim Cordle said. “We did a good job of that against Penn State last year against what I’ve heard is a similar audience. That will help us a lot if we can get out and keep things going.”
No current Buckeye player has played in “The Madhouse in Madison,” as Ohio State’s last trip came in 2003, a game that snapped the Buckeyes’ regular-season winning streak when No. 23 Wisconsin used a late touchdown pass to earn a 17-10 victory over the third-ranked Buckeyes.
As a result the OSU coaching staff has tried to prepare the players for what the game will be like, including showing them a video of the “Jump Around” segment. During practice, the team has been practicing with noise piped in.
“It's something that we do all the time, whether it was last year getting ready for the Big House or Beaver Stadium or whatever it happens to be,” head coach Jim Tressel said. “Every Thursday, we practice with noise, understanding that if we're playing at home even, we're probably not going to be able to hear and that the focus is going to have to stronger, the visual signals, the wristband type things. You're going to have to utilize things other than sound.”
Ohio State’s players, as a result, seem to know the situation which they are about to enter.
“I’ve heard the fans are even physical, not just the players,” Cordle said. “(They throw) pennies in marshmallows and batteries. … They’ll be very, I guess you could call them violent.”
Series Top OSU Performers
Offensively, the star of last year’s game was Chris Wells. The sophomore tailback broke the game open during the second half by running for touchdowns of 31, 30 and 23 yards on the way to finishing his day with 169 yards on 21 carries. Todd BoeckmanBrian Hartline caught seven passes for 95 yards, but Brian Robiskie had touchdown catches of 30 and 8 yards.
completed 17 of 28 passes for 166 yards, two touchdowns and no interceptions while running for 27 yards on seven carries.
Defensively Ohio State was led by James Laurinaitis, who had a huge day. The junior finished with 19 tackles, two tackles for loss, a fumble recovery and a sack. Anderson Russell was next on the stop chart with eight. The Buckeyes finished with 10 sacks, including those by returning players Doug Worthington, Nader Abdallah, Thaddeus Gibson and Todd Denlinger.
Badger Players To Know
RB P.J. Hill: Hill burst onto the scene in 2006 when he was the league’s freshman of the year after rushing for 1,569 yards, good for seventh on the NCAA Division I all-time freshman rushing list, and 15 touchdowns. Hill followed that up in 2007 with an injury-plagued year in which he still ran the ball 233 times for 1,236 yards and 14 touchdowns, though he didn’t suit up against Ohio State.
Hill said during the preseason that he took part in every phase of offseason training for the first time in his career and showed up at a more chiseled 236 pounds than he had been in the past. So far, that’s worked for him, as he sits tied for 14th in the nation in yards per game. He has 449 yards on 92 carries for four scores.
“You have to wrap up,” Ohio State’s Taver Johnson said about bringing down the 5-11 back. “Being a big that that he is, he’s very, very quick. He has really good vision inside. He’s not a guy who’s going to take it 100 yards – hopefully not, anyway – but he’s going to make guys miss between the tackles and then hit a seam full speed.”
TE Travis Beckum: The 6-4, 235-pounder entered the season billed as one of the top tight ends in the country after outstanding sophomore and junior seasons that saw him first become a semifinalist for the Mackey Award given to the nation’s top tight end and then a finalist last year. In 2006, Beckum caught 61 passes for 903 yards and five touchdowns, then he had 75 grabs for 982 yards and six scores a year ago, including nine catches for 140 yards and a touchdown last year against Ohio State. That total gave him the most receiving yards for any Buckeye opponent last year, and Johnson compared him Wednesday to Cleveland Browns tight end Kellen Winslow.
However, 2008 has not gone the way Beckum had hoped. He missed the first two games with a hamstring injury suffered in camp, then returned with four catches for 51 yards against Fresno State. During the Badgers’ ensuing bye week, he again tweaked the hamstring, leaving him ready only for spot duty against Michigan, a game in which he caught two passes for 17 yards.
Badger coaches say he’ll be ready to go, though, against the Buckeyes, and if he’s healthy he presents a challenge for the Buckeye defense.
“He is probably the most unique player we’ll see all year,” safety Anderson Russell said. “(Because of) the fact that he lines up at tight end receiver and he makes plays from both spots. He also is a great blocker, too.”
LB DeAndre Levy: The third-year starter has become the heart and soul of the Wisconsin defense at strong-side linebacker. A senior captain, Levy has taken on a leadership role on the team, and he’s backed it up with strong play.
"Toward the second half of the season, I saw it was something on my shoulders, whether I wanted it to be or not,” he said of his role. “I've been around awhile, played a lot of games. People expect me to step to the forefront. That's something I tried to do.”
Through four games, Levy has 23 tackles, five stops for loss, a sack, an interception and a fumble recovery. His best game was against Fresno State when he was named the national defensive player of the week by numerous outlets after making nine tackles, four for loss, as well as a sack and interception.
FS Shane Carter: Carter can make big plays happen on the football field, but the only question is which side will benefit from those plays. He’s shown a nose for the football with seven interceptions, one off the national lead, last year and two more this year. However, coaches were less than pleased with his reads and tackling last year and seemed to be more encouraged by his play during the spring and fall camp. So far this year, he has 11 tackles.
He was praised by Wisconsin head coach Bret Bielema for his “awesome” tackling against Akron, but he was burned by Michigan’s Brandon Minor on a touchdown run during the Wolverines’ come-from-behind win last Saturday.
Game Breakdown When Ohio State has the ball: Offensive linemen like to say that games come down to their play in the trenches, but that might be truer than usual this week. Ohio State, coming off of a 279-yard rushing performance against Minnesota, will be going against a quick, strong Wisconsin front line and experienced linebackers.
Of the players the Badgers expect to start in their front seven, five are seniors and two are seniors.
“Their strength is their front seven and their front line,” Cordle said. “Their D-tackles don’t weigh in as much as some of the guys that we play or will play, but they’re just as anybody that we’ll play. Last year, Jason Chapman, one of their defensive tackles, got hurt and they moved Mike Newkirk, who was an end, to tackle. We were thinking this D-end is going to play and we’re going to throw him around a little bit. That wasn’t the case at all. Newkirk I would say is one of the strongest players we’ll ever play.
“Those guys are quick because they’re light and they’re very good.”
Cordle does highlight the point that Wisconsin’s front line, while experienced, isn’t the biggest group. Chapman is the heftiest major contributor on the line at 285 pounds, while Newkirk, a senior captain, weights in at 264. Ends O’Brien Schofield and Matt Shaughnessy are just 232 and 253 pounds, respectively.
While those guys know how to play, their size might be clouding their production. Wisconsin was a middle of the pack defense a year ago, and this year, the Badgers are fourth in the conference in total defense, six in scoring defense and last in sacks. Schofield, with two sacks, is the only player with more than one.
Ohio State certainly took advantage a year ago, especially in the running game. Wells broke for his three second-half touchdowns thanks to big holes paved by the line followed by him bouncing the run outside while evading some sketchy tackling from Badger defenders.
In the back end the Badgers are young. One senior starts in cornerback Allen Langford, who is in fourth year as a starter and has six career interceptions. On the other side, the team rotates freshman Mario Goins and sophomore Niles Brinkley. Carter is at one safety spot, while sophomore Jay Valai mans the other.
Cordle said the Buckeyes need to protect up front in order to attack that Badger secondary, which gave up more than 200 yards through the air to Akron, Marshall and Fresno State.
“We’ve got to be able to get on them and control them and get the run game going because we think we can throw the ball down the field,” Cordle said.
When Wisconsin has the ball: The presence of game-breakers like Hill and Beckum has made the Wisconsin offense the talk of interviews during the past week. Ohio State will have to be able to control those two players in order to keep successfully the Badgers’ offense at bay.
Things will change depending on how healthy Beckum is. The big man has the speed and agility of an elite wide receiver but also can line up with his hand on the ground and make a block or two when called upon, though he’s listed at H-back rather than tight end as the Badgers have players like Garrett Graham and Mickey Turner who bring more to the running game.
However, a personnel grouping with Beckum still provides plenty of things for the Buckeye defense to consider before every play. He provides matchup problems when he lines up at tight end just because it’s impossible to get a cornerback on him at that point.
“It opens up their offense because now they can get into a bunch of different sets in terms of run formations and passing formations because now they can split him out as a receiver, and he’s really good at it,” Johnson said. “You’re not sure if you’re going to get two-tight end personnel, or is it one tight end, three wide receiver personnel? It’s pretty unique and it’s challenging.”
The Badgers do expect to have Beckum healthy, as well as Graham, the team’s leading receiver with 11 catches and three touchdowns, and sophomore wideout Maurice Moore, who has five catches.
The ability of Graham and Beckum to get open in the passing game really opens up the field, especially considering the Badgers’ youth at wideout. There are no upperclassmen among the team’s top receivers, and sophomore David Gilreath, a speedster, ties Graham with 11 catches for the team lead. Glenville grad Kyle Jefferson, a sophomore, has nine catches for 117 yards but still is working on using his slight 6-5 frame to be physical enough to get open.
The person in charge of getting the ball to those receivers is senior Allan Evridge, a Kansas State transfer in his first year of starting at UW. So far, Evridge has been good but not great, completing 57.7 percent of his 97 passes for four touchdowns and three interceptions. His passing efficiency rating sits fifth in the Big Ten.
“He does a great job of getting the ball to their playmakers,” Russell said. “They have a couple of really tall tight ends, and from what I’ve seen he does a good job of putting the ball up to where they can only really catch the ball, especially going up against shorter DBs.”
Russell added, though, that he thinks the complexity of the Buckeye defense could unnerve the quarterback making just his second Big Ten start.
“He probably hasn’t seen a defense that does as many things as we do, so that could give him problems,” he said. “We have to do a good job of not showing out coverages too early and disguising our blitzes.”
This year, Ohio State gets a chance at Hill, who was unable to play a year ago with an injury. This year, the Buckeye defenders feel they know more of what to expect with the Badgers’ bell cow in the game.
“I was expecting him to play last year and when he didn’t, I was kind of surprised. He’s a great back,” Russell said. “Last year we played a lot more nickel against them than I thought we would just based off of their type of team that they were, but this year with P.J. Hill being healthy, they have a huge offensive line, so we definitely know they’re going to run the ball.”
Hill isn’t the only back the Badgers boast. Last year in his stead, Zach Brown ran for 63 yards on 20 carries, and he’s averaging 43.5 yards per game this year. Redshirt freshman John Clay, another physical back like Hill, has 47.8 yards per game on the ground as well.
The Badgers also boast a good play-action passing game, which both Johnson and Russell said increases the Buckeyes’ focus on using the Badgers’ pad and helmet levels to distinguish between pass and run plays.

Much has been made about Wisconsin’s total collapse last week at Michigan that saw its 19-0 lead over previously punchless Michigan evaporate into a 27-25 loss.
But if there’s one saving grace for the Badgers, it’s that they get to return home to Camp Randall Stadium, one of the toughest places to play in the Big Ten.
The Badgers have won 16 consecutive games at home, providing for the second-longest home winning streak in school history. The team’s average winning margin during those home games has been 21.3 points per game. Wisconsin is 27-1 at Camp Randall since Bielema joined the staff as the defensive coordinator before the 2004 season and 16-0 in the stadium with Bielema as the head coach.
That dominance extends to night games as well. Wisconsin has won 21 of its last 22 night games, including the last six they have played in Camp Randall Stadium, the fourth-oldest on-campus Division I-A stadium in use. The school’s last home night game loss came to Colorado in 1995. It wouldn’t be hard to expect the Badger crowd to be fully riled up by the time the 7 p.m. kickoff local time arrives.
Then there’s “Jump Around,” the tradition in which the stadium’s student section obeys the House of Pain song’s title exhortation.
It all adds up to a tough place to play for visitors – and an atmosphere that could be the spring back in Wisconsin’s step should they be down after the loss to the Wolverines.
“You want to strike first and try to keep the crowd as much out of it as you can,” Ohio State lineman Jim Cordle said. “We did a good job of that against Penn State last year against what I’ve heard is a similar audience. That will help us a lot if we can get out and keep things going.”
No current Buckeye player has played in “The Madhouse in Madison,” as Ohio State’s last trip came in 2003, a game that snapped the Buckeyes’ regular-season winning streak when No. 23 Wisconsin used a late touchdown pass to earn a 17-10 victory over the third-ranked Buckeyes.
As a result the OSU coaching staff has tried to prepare the players for what the game will be like, including showing them a video of the “Jump Around” segment. During practice, the team has been practicing with noise piped in.
“It's something that we do all the time, whether it was last year getting ready for the Big House or Beaver Stadium or whatever it happens to be,” head coach Jim Tressel said. “Every Thursday, we practice with noise, understanding that if we're playing at home even, we're probably not going to be able to hear and that the focus is going to have to stronger, the visual signals, the wristband type things. You're going to have to utilize things other than sound.”
Ohio State’s players, as a result, seem to know the situation which they are about to enter.
“I’ve heard the fans are even physical, not just the players,” Cordle said. “(They throw) pennies in marshmallows and batteries. … They’ll be very, I guess you could call them violent.”
Series Top OSU Performers
Offensively, the star of last year’s game was Chris Wells. The sophomore tailback broke the game open during the second half by running for touchdowns of 31, 30 and 23 yards on the way to finishing his day with 169 yards on 21 carries. Todd BoeckmanBrian Hartline caught seven passes for 95 yards, but Brian Robiskie had touchdown catches of 30 and 8 yards.
completed 17 of 28 passes for 166 yards, two touchdowns and no interceptions while running for 27 yards on seven carries.
Defensively Ohio State was led by James Laurinaitis, who had a huge day. The junior finished with 19 tackles, two tackles for loss, a fumble recovery and a sack. Anderson Russell was next on the stop chart with eight. The Buckeyes finished with 10 sacks, including those by returning players Doug Worthington, Nader Abdallah, Thaddeus Gibson and Todd Denlinger.
Badger Players To Know
RB P.J. Hill: Hill burst onto the scene in 2006 when he was the league’s freshman of the year after rushing for 1,569 yards, good for seventh on the NCAA Division I all-time freshman rushing list, and 15 touchdowns. Hill followed that up in 2007 with an injury-plagued year in which he still ran the ball 233 times for 1,236 yards and 14 touchdowns, though he didn’t suit up against Ohio State.
Hill said during the preseason that he took part in every phase of offseason training for the first time in his career and showed up at a more chiseled 236 pounds than he had been in the past. So far, that’s worked for him, as he sits tied for 14th in the nation in yards per game. He has 449 yards on 92 carries for four scores.
“You have to wrap up,” Ohio State’s Taver Johnson said about bringing down the 5-11 back. “Being a big that that he is, he’s very, very quick. He has really good vision inside. He’s not a guy who’s going to take it 100 yards – hopefully not, anyway – but he’s going to make guys miss between the tackles and then hit a seam full speed.”
TE Travis Beckum: The 6-4, 235-pounder entered the season billed as one of the top tight ends in the country after outstanding sophomore and junior seasons that saw him first become a semifinalist for the Mackey Award given to the nation’s top tight end and then a finalist last year. In 2006, Beckum caught 61 passes for 903 yards and five touchdowns, then he had 75 grabs for 982 yards and six scores a year ago, including nine catches for 140 yards and a touchdown last year against Ohio State. That total gave him the most receiving yards for any Buckeye opponent last year, and Johnson compared him Wednesday to Cleveland Browns tight end Kellen Winslow.
However, 2008 has not gone the way Beckum had hoped. He missed the first two games with a hamstring injury suffered in camp, then returned with four catches for 51 yards against Fresno State. During the Badgers’ ensuing bye week, he again tweaked the hamstring, leaving him ready only for spot duty against Michigan, a game in which he caught two passes for 17 yards.
Badger coaches say he’ll be ready to go, though, against the Buckeyes, and if he’s healthy he presents a challenge for the Buckeye defense.
“He is probably the most unique player we’ll see all year,” safety Anderson Russell said. “(Because of) the fact that he lines up at tight end receiver and he makes plays from both spots. He also is a great blocker, too.”
LB DeAndre Levy: The third-year starter has become the heart and soul of the Wisconsin defense at strong-side linebacker. A senior captain, Levy has taken on a leadership role on the team, and he’s backed it up with strong play.
"Toward the second half of the season, I saw it was something on my shoulders, whether I wanted it to be or not,” he said of his role. “I've been around awhile, played a lot of games. People expect me to step to the forefront. That's something I tried to do.”
Through four games, Levy has 23 tackles, five stops for loss, a sack, an interception and a fumble recovery. His best game was against Fresno State when he was named the national defensive player of the week by numerous outlets after making nine tackles, four for loss, as well as a sack and interception.
FS Shane Carter: Carter can make big plays happen on the football field, but the only question is which side will benefit from those plays. He’s shown a nose for the football with seven interceptions, one off the national lead, last year and two more this year. However, coaches were less than pleased with his reads and tackling last year and seemed to be more encouraged by his play during the spring and fall camp. So far this year, he has 11 tackles.
He was praised by Wisconsin head coach Bret Bielema for his “awesome” tackling against Akron, but he was burned by Michigan’s Brandon Minor on a touchdown run during the Wolverines’ come-from-behind win last Saturday.
Game Breakdown When Ohio State has the ball: Offensive linemen like to say that games come down to their play in the trenches, but that might be truer than usual this week. Ohio State, coming off of a 279-yard rushing performance against Minnesota, will be going against a quick, strong Wisconsin front line and experienced linebackers.
Of the players the Badgers expect to start in their front seven, five are seniors and two are seniors.
“Their strength is their front seven and their front line,” Cordle said. “Their D-tackles don’t weigh in as much as some of the guys that we play or will play, but they’re just as anybody that we’ll play. Last year, Jason Chapman, one of their defensive tackles, got hurt and they moved Mike Newkirk, who was an end, to tackle. We were thinking this D-end is going to play and we’re going to throw him around a little bit. That wasn’t the case at all. Newkirk I would say is one of the strongest players we’ll ever play.
“Those guys are quick because they’re light and they’re very good.”
Cordle does highlight the point that Wisconsin’s front line, while experienced, isn’t the biggest group. Chapman is the heftiest major contributor on the line at 285 pounds, while Newkirk, a senior captain, weights in at 264. Ends O’Brien Schofield and Matt Shaughnessy are just 232 and 253 pounds, respectively.
While those guys know how to play, their size might be clouding their production. Wisconsin was a middle of the pack defense a year ago, and this year, the Badgers are fourth in the conference in total defense, six in scoring defense and last in sacks. Schofield, with two sacks, is the only player with more than one.
Ohio State certainly took advantage a year ago, especially in the running game. Wells broke for his three second-half touchdowns thanks to big holes paved by the line followed by him bouncing the run outside while evading some sketchy tackling from Badger defenders.
In the back end the Badgers are young. One senior starts in cornerback Allen Langford, who is in fourth year as a starter and has six career interceptions. On the other side, the team rotates freshman Mario Goins and sophomore Niles Brinkley. Carter is at one safety spot, while sophomore Jay Valai mans the other.
Cordle said the Buckeyes need to protect up front in order to attack that Badger secondary, which gave up more than 200 yards through the air to Akron, Marshall and Fresno State.
“We’ve got to be able to get on them and control them and get the run game going because we think we can throw the ball down the field,” Cordle said.
When Wisconsin has the ball: The presence of game-breakers like Hill and Beckum has made the Wisconsin offense the talk of interviews during the past week. Ohio State will have to be able to control those two players in order to keep successfully the Badgers’ offense at bay.
Things will change depending on how healthy Beckum is. The big man has the speed and agility of an elite wide receiver but also can line up with his hand on the ground and make a block or two when called upon, though he’s listed at H-back rather than tight end as the Badgers have players like Garrett Graham and Mickey Turner who bring more to the running game.
However, a personnel grouping with Beckum still provides plenty of things for the Buckeye defense to consider before every play. He provides matchup problems when he lines up at tight end just because it’s impossible to get a cornerback on him at that point.
“It opens up their offense because now they can get into a bunch of different sets in terms of run formations and passing formations because now they can split him out as a receiver, and he’s really good at it,” Johnson said. “You’re not sure if you’re going to get two-tight end personnel, or is it one tight end, three wide receiver personnel? It’s pretty unique and it’s challenging.”
The Badgers do expect to have Beckum healthy, as well as Graham, the team’s leading receiver with 11 catches and three touchdowns, and sophomore wideout Maurice Moore, who has five catches.
The ability of Graham and Beckum to get open in the passing game really opens up the field, especially considering the Badgers’ youth at wideout. There are no upperclassmen among the team’s top receivers, and sophomore David Gilreath, a speedster, ties Graham with 11 catches for the team lead. Glenville grad Kyle Jefferson, a sophomore, has nine catches for 117 yards but still is working on using his slight 6-5 frame to be physical enough to get open.
The person in charge of getting the ball to those receivers is senior Allan Evridge, a Kansas State transfer in his first year of starting at UW. So far, Evridge has been good but not great, completing 57.7 percent of his 97 passes for four touchdowns and three interceptions. His passing efficiency rating sits fifth in the Big Ten.
“He does a great job of getting the ball to their playmakers,” Russell said. “They have a couple of really tall tight ends, and from what I’ve seen he does a good job of putting the ball up to where they can only really catch the ball, especially going up against shorter DBs.”
Russell added, though, that he thinks the complexity of the Buckeye defense could unnerve the quarterback making just his second Big Ten start.
“He probably hasn’t seen a defense that does as many things as we do, so that could give him problems,” he said. “We have to do a good job of not showing out coverages too early and disguising our blitzes.”
This year, Ohio State gets a chance at Hill, who was unable to play a year ago with an injury. This year, the Buckeye defenders feel they know more of what to expect with the Badgers’ bell cow in the game.
“I was expecting him to play last year and when he didn’t, I was kind of surprised. He’s a great back,” Russell said. “Last year we played a lot more nickel against them than I thought we would just based off of their type of team that they were, but this year with P.J. Hill being healthy, they have a huge offensive line, so we definitely know they’re going to run the ball.”
Hill isn’t the only back the Badgers boast. Last year in his stead, Zach Brown ran for 63 yards on 20 carries, and he’s averaging 43.5 yards per game this year. Redshirt freshman John Clay, another physical back like Hill, has 47.8 yards per game on the ground as well.
The Badgers also boast a good play-action passing game, which both Johnson and Russell said increases the Buckeyes’ focus on using the Badgers’ pad and helmet levels to distinguish between pass and run plays.

Ohio State head coach Jim Tressel is in the third stage of coming up with a plan for Saturday’s game against Wisconsin. With the Buckeyes preparing for a night game at Camp Randall Stadium against the Badgers (8 p.m. ABC), Tressel is still cultivating what his team will do when it takes the field. As he explained during his final meeting with reporters prior to the game, that process takes three days.
“You need Tuesday’s experiments, Wednesday’s work and Thursday’s decisions,” he said. “After today’s practice, we will be (ready).”
The Buckeyes had been practicing Monday through Thursday with a light day on Friday through the first five weeks of the season, but this marked the first week they did not go on Monday.
As such, Tressel said he will not know until following Thursday’s practice exactly what game plan he will use to attack the Badgers.
Tressel said he has no qualms about going into the hostile environment with freshman quarterback Terrelle Pryor under center owing to the command Pryor has demonstrated in the pocket and the security blanket in senior backup Todd Boeckman. Although the team has set offensive goals for each week, the goal for Pryor is the same as it is for every quarterback under Tressel.
“The only goal we’ve ever talked to any of the quarterbacks about – Steve Bellisari, Craig (Krenzel), Troy (Smith), Todd, Terrelle – is that we can’t remember ever losing a game that the Ohio State quarterback had 50 yards rushing or more and no interceptions,” Tressel said. “That’s the goal.”
The offense will benefit by the continued recovery of junior tailback Chris “Beanie” Wells, who saw his first game action last week after missing three games with a foot/toe injury. Tressel said he has continued to progress in practice this week, adding that he had seen fewer reps than one week ago because the team has one fewer day to practice.
Pryor’s presence in the game will not make the OSU coaching staff feel limited when looking at its complete offensive package, Tressel said.
“I’m not interested in having the biggest package in the world,” he said. “I’m looking to have the most efficient one.”
The Buckeyes might have one less option on the offensive line. Freshman right tackle J.B. Shugarts, who has performed well in limited action this season, injured his shoulder and might not be able to play. The return of senior Steve Rehring, who is expected to see time at both tackle and his natural guard spot, should help alleviate any problems faced if Shugarts is unable to go.
How the offensive line rotation will play out still remains to be seen, Tressel said.
“We’ll probably start at one point and the flow of the game will determine how it ends up,” Tressel said of Rehring. “Far be it for me to say he’ll play 24 snaps or 64 snaps or those kinds of things, but he’s ready to go at both guard and tackle.”
Senior tight end Rory Nicol and junior linebacker Austin Spitler are both out, with Tressel adding on his weekly radio show that Spitler is two weeks from being able to return.

Through five games, Ohio State is No. 1 in the Big Ten in total defense, punt return average and pass defense.

Wisconsin has beaten Jim Tressel three times – more than any other Big Ten school.

A game is dubbed a night game if it begins after 5 p.m. local time, as the matchup Saturday is scheduled to. This will be the seventh year in a row Ohio State’s Big Ten road opener is a prime-time affair.

Ohio State has played nine Big Ten road games at night, winning six. Among those games is a 17-10 loss at Wisconsin in 2003, the last time Ohio State visited Camp Randall Stadium.

The Buckeyes have snagged eight interceptions this season through five games and are already nearing their total (11) for 13 games in 2007.

Ohio State notched a season-high 10 sacks last season against Wisconsin, including a school-record-tying four by Vernon Gholston. The Buckeyes have just seven so far this season after five games.

The Buckeyes are 11th (last) in the Big Ten in sacks allowed while the Badgers are last in sacks made.

Thanks in large part to all those sacks, Wisconsin ran for 12 yards last season against Ohio State.

Wisconsin has won 16 home games in a row. Ohio State has won 11 Big Ten road games in a row.

This will be the 74th meeting between Ohio State and Wisconsin. The Buckeyes lead the series 51-17-5 and are 23-10-2 in Madison. The Badgers have won four of the last seven meetings.

<script> var premiumFlag = 0; </script> <!--end STORY DISPLAY-->

Nerves were running high in the second half of Ohio State's game against visiting Wisconsin on Nov. 3, 2007.
The Badgers came to Ohio Stadium having won the last three meetings between OSU and UW in Columbus, a fact that was brought up often by players and coaches in the week leading up to the game. So it would come as no surprise if those in attendance were thinking back to the past when the visitors rallied to take a 17-10 lead in the third quarter.
Instead of repeating history, the Buckeyes immediately marched 80 yards for a game-tying touchdown, forced a three-and-out on defense and then found the end zone again to take the lead for good. Ohio State prevailed, 38-17, behind 28 unanswered points.
It was a passed test for the Buckeyes, playing against the toughest defense they had faced so far and overcoming the adversity of having to rally in the second half.
“I think adversity helps a team and helps an individual,” OSU head coach Jim Tressel said. “A lot of the training that these guys do is adversity. It tests them. A lot of the practice that they do tests them. You get in the games and (momentum) swings, that tests you and it helps you grow to understand what it’s going to take, and we’ll have a better understanding of what it’s going to take to win the Big Ten after today which will help us going into next Saturday.”
Ohio State’s rally was tied to its running game. After being more pass-heavy in the first half, the Buckeyes went to the ground when times got tough. Chris “Beanie” Wells took advantage of lines opened up by the offensive line and piled up 143 yards in the second half after gaining only 26 in the first two quarters.
“The thing about running the ball is running the ball takes the will away from a defense,” right tackle Kirk Barton said. “You can pass the ball all day but that doesn’t demoralize a team the way that pounding them does. If you keep pounding them and you get big chunks of 8, 10, 30 yards, you get those chunks and then they’re looking around wondering what’s going on.
“Pounding the ball energizes the entire team, and Beanie ran well and our coaches called some great plays,” Barton said.
The game started well for Ohio State. The Buckeyes took the opening kickoff and drove 75 yards for their first touchdown in less than three minutes. Todd Boeckman took advantage of a Wisconsin defense committed to stopping the run. The quarterback threw on six of the seven plays in the drive, including a 30-yard scoring strike to Brian Robiskie.
Wisconsin answered with a 21-yard field goal by Taylor Mehlhaff before the game became a defensive struggle. Neither team scored again until late in the second quarter when OSU added a 27-yard field goal by Ryan Pretorius.
The Badgers mounted their rally after the halftime break. Quarterback Tyler Donovan connected with Travis Beckum on a crossing pattern at the back of the end zone for a 28-yard touchdown. Following a three-and-out for OSU’s offense, Wisconsin then took the lead behind a 2-yard touchdown pass from Donovan to fullback Chris Pressley.
The Pressley touchdown silenced the crowd of 105,449, but the Buckeyes used the score as a wake-up call. Ohio State drove down the field on the ensuing possession in 10 plays, capped by a 31-yard touchdown by Wells on a cutback run. The Buckeyes forced a three-and-out on defense before taking the lead for good. Ohio State started from the Wisconsin 49 and quickly drove for the go-ahead score. It was Wells again reaching the end zone, this time on a 30-yard run.
Wisconsin attempted a fake punt after another three-and-out, but the play failed. That gave OSU another short field, which led to another touchdown four plays later. Boeckman found Robiskie for an 8-yard strike.
Wells added a 23-yard touchdown run in the fourth quarter to cap the scoring.
The defense did it job in the win, limiting Wisconsin – playing without tailback P.J. Hill – to only 12 net yards rushing and recording a season-high 10 sacks. Junior defensive end Vernon Gholson had a school record-tying four sacks, matching the efforts of Jason Simmons against Washington State in 1991 and Bobby Carpenter against Michigan State in 2005.
The win continued the Buckeyes’ school-record regular season winning streak (28 games), broke a Big Ten record for consecutive conference wins (20) and snapped the three-game skid at home against Wisconsin.
The second-half rally may have also saved the season.
“Well, I mean, our season was on the line,” Barton said. “We’ve already had a one-loss team last year. We don’t want another one.”

^above articles from buckeyesports.com

gl on your plays in this one fellas. as a side note, colin cowherd has apparently been tearing up college foots with his "recommendations" ats (very odd as most radio guys do horrible on espn ala mike and mike), and he said his strongest play of the year is the bucks. surprising to me.

unprecedented. -9.85 units. i've already surpassed my profit from last week in losses...seriously thinking about just selling out of the remaining plays and calling it a week. this is pathetic. and none of them have been close

You do realize that we had 3-5 chances during the game for one extra TD.

Sucks figured with just enough of the line movement we could hit the over.

That Cinci back was just gassed and the coach wouldnt pull him out. If he does and puts someone fresh in there they continue to pound that ball into the endzone.

^dammit! didn't realize that marlo; wasn't watchin it. i figured marshall would be able to score more than 10 too...oh well

all night i've been reading and working....leaned on a couple of plays that a couple of people on here have helped me pull the trigger on (nropp, vegaskyle, gifted, marlo to name a few); i guess it was probably wishful thinking that i'd have such a little card with no ml dogs, and the bad start got me motivated:

***BIG PLAY - NC State +8***/ML +280

EMU +21 (-120)

Purdue +14

Ole Miss -2.5

ASU +9/ML +290

Nebraska +11/ML +320

UL Monroe ML +130

Wyoming ML +360

either going to stop the bleeding or go down with the ship. fuck it. gl fellas.

Last edited:
Back