Week 6 Moneyline Discussion

Schrute

Assistant __ ___ Regional Mod
Teams on the ole radar

Iowa St - worth a look b/c Texas sucks so bad
Monroe - they can't continue to be this bad can they?
Nevada - they continue to heal. SDSU unimpressive
EMU - incredible value against Buffalo
Army - weird offense to prep for, BC coming off tough loss to FSU that might cause them to lose twice
Ball St - UVA can't score, Ball St can
Syracuse - I won't bet it but it scares the fuck out of me as a Clemson fan. Mobile QB for Cuse, Long travel, CU plays indoors only once per year
Illinois - offense been impressive and can see them pulling off a win in a shootout
Arkansas - everyone thought last week was the tricky game but I think its this one. Arky will be physical with them for sure
North Carolina - was hoping for > 10 so I don't think there is a ton of value here but VT is a great team to play when you have a shitty defense
Mizzou - the QB wins the battle for the best James Franklin
SMU - i don't love them but they're improving and this is a brutal lookahead spot with @Ville coming 5 days later
South Alabama - kind of feel obligated to take a ride on the Jaguar train
MTSU - solid team IMO and catch ECU coming off their biggest win in a while
Notre Dame - maybe it bites me in the ass again but if they don't fall behind early they'll have a great shot
Northwestern - hard not to take a look at it with 2 weeks to prepare for biggest game in a while and tOSU coming off big win
Indiana - would like to see it climb above 7 but won't happen
Hawaii - crazy shit on the island as we all saw this week

Iowa St and Army look like they have value. Cuse is in an extremely favorable situation. SMU will win.

Is SMU really improving? I thought they are getting worse.

Agree on the value for Buffalo. The Buff - UConn game was misleading final in terms of the margin. Buff was just in a close game with SB as well. I think E Mich is improving enough to hang in the number. The competed better than final indicated vs Ball and have fought hard at Rutgers and Penn State. Don't see them winning though. Maybe if this was in Ypsillanti - or however you spell it.

I think Syracuse's offense has alot of life with Hunt at QB.

I like Ark with the pts, not sure about the upset.

Illinois offense vs everybody except Washington, but I still don't think they are really good. Things came extremely easy for them last week, like hot knife through butter easy. This will be a tough game for them I think even though we've seen Neb D look pretty bad. I'd like to lay 7 or less with Neb.

I have to like North Carolina at first glance. They got pounded by ECU and this line looks shorter than expected.

ASU is more talented than ND but can they manage the high this week?

Illinois should be able to put up points on Nebraska.

I will be on Iowa State, UL Monroe, and SMU. Playing Iowa St and Monroe because they are at home on a Thursday night game and I am surprised that Monroe is the dog. Playing SMU because Rutgers has Louisville on deck on a short week and just played a tough game against a physical Arky team. Still considering Ball State, Syracuse, South Alabama, MTSU, and Northwestern.

I doubt I will bet Ball State. Last week was UVA's first road game and I do not think they are as bad as they looked. They should win at home.

I am considering Syracuse based on the fact that it is a tough/unusual place to play, their improved QB play, and Clemson's history with these types of games. This years Clemson team seems different though.

I doubt there will be enough value in South Alabama to play them, but it would be the moneyline or nothing.

It will be tough for ECU to put last week's game behind them and move on to MTSU on the road. I probably like this ECU team too much to play it, but the situation calls for it.

I also like the situation for Northwestern and will probably play it.

I agree with most of what you said about Clemson

However they have now beaten 16 straight unranked teams by double digits

Heads up about ULM. QB Kolton Browning got hurt last week against Tulane and is now out for the year. I planned on taking ULM's ML, but certainly won't now

I agree with most of what you said about Clemson

However they have now beaten 16 straight unranked teams by double digits

I agree, they did not lose a game like this last year, it has been a couple of years. I think that is because of Boyd and is why I said that this years team feels different. They only have BC on deck. If this game were played next week, before the FSU game, it would be an auto play for me. Strange things happen in the Carrier Dome.

Hate to post this, but Maryland should be a good value.

Worth a look, especially if you can get close to 5:1. Maryland is the type of team I like to take against Miami, FSU, ect. They are a disciplined team that does not commit many penalties, because of their coach. I just think that Maryland will be a public dog by the end of the week and those are games I shy away from with the moneyline. I will be playing Maryland against the spread.

David Ash and Mike Davis are day to day. daje johnson is going to play. Redshirt freshman Time Cole is starting at LB though. ugh.

<--------------------- :goal:

Great game this weekend,getting plus money in a pick em.
Both Troy and USA talking it up,will be a cracker.

Take a peek at Nevada, Fakardo came back Saturday & had a monster game: 38/56 389yds 3tds 1int & 81yds 2tds rushing. Completely different team with Fajardo. Defense still stinks but so does SdSt as a whole.

Silk what do you think about the terps and noles if there is bad weather? System entering the gulf will merge with the cold front, looks to be a rainy Saturday along the gulf coast.

That's a good question, both teams have put up big rushing numbers on bad teams. I think the weather is a great neutralizer of speed if sloppy, so that would take some advantage from the Noles. If windy it hurts Mary more because Winston has an unreal cannon & could still make throws, CJ brown not so much. Something to watch is the FSU secondary, the injury to Safety Tyler Hunter has forced Jalen Ramsey to safety. He's all world talented but still a Frosh & was the starting corner. Still digging on this 1

Besides Texas sucking, saw on Steele's twitter that Iowa St 21-10 on Thursday's and 10-2 L12...agree SMU, possible look ahead for Rutgers, who have Lville on deck...anyone think Ark has a chance?...don't like this Tenn team but Georgia is in a let down spot...possibly Illinois...maybe Unc...horrible sandwich spot for Okla...Mizzou very slight dog but think they win SU...maybe Kent St has a shot...also think NWestern has a chance.

I agree, they did not lose a game like this last year, it has been a couple of years. I think that is because of Boyd and is why I said that this years team feels different. They only have BC on deck. If this game were played next week, before the FSU game, it would be an auto play for me. Strange things happen in the Carrier Dome.

If Boyd plays like he did in the first half vs NC St Clemson could be in trouble.

Besides Texas sucking, saw on Steele's twitter that Iowa St 21-10 on Thursday's and 10-2 L12...agree SMU, possible look ahead for Rutgers, who have Lville on deck...anyone think Ark has a chance?...don't like this Tenn team but Georgia is in a let down spot...possibly Illinois...maybe Unc...horrible sandwich spot for Okla...Mizzou very slight dog but think they win SU...maybe Kent St has a shot...also think NWestern has a chance.

I've been trying to answer the 'does Ark have a chance' question quite a bit. I've been going back and forth. I like them with the points for sure.

Also, I like Kent St with the points, but feel it is going to be incredibly hard to beat Lynch led NIU. What is amazing about Kent is that this is their only home game in a 6 game stretch (just got off 3 away, then play 2 away after NIU). Going to be hard for Kent D, but offensively the Flashes should be able to hang.

I like Akron to possibly beat Ohio. Something seems off with Ohio this year, they just aren't the same and forget about the Michigan game if you want, but I think that result has some merit beyond just Michigan's let down off ND; looking at ULL and BGSU last week, this Akron bunch is competing.

My issue with Mary winning str8 up is the game is in Tally, Mary don't win there & Mary top 2cbs out. Jimbo will prolly go 11 personnel, 4 wide & empty a lot to make Mary expose it's CB depth & remove better defenders. Then it's Mary DL vs FSU OL + RBs & Jameis. Just by personnel & formation FSU can make Mary weaker on D & that's before the actual play is run. Mary's 1 good win vs WVU comes with some asterisks too. The tms Mary beat have as many losses to FCS schools as they have wins vs FBS schools. We talking bout a UConn that got thrashed by Towson. FIU got taken behind the woodshed by Bethune Cookman & asked for a running clock vs Ville. Mary has some ?s

Last edited:
Back