Week 6 Junk

jimmymo

Beer and Betting Belong Together
3-1 week 5 to get a game over .500.......still down a unit or two due to Apple Cup debacle, but too lazy to go back and calculate

Sooooooooooooo, I told myself that I am going to wait until later in the week and not jump on any plays on Sunday openers.......but, i have played one to start and making a list of early leans

South Alabama -3 1/2 @ arky state........my lone posted loser last week was USA, which was a bad read....too difficult for USA to get things going on the ground and LSU had their way early on offense....Arky State has trouble stopping the run and I think USA gets plenty of points....Arky State miserable and I am not going to give any credit for that backdoor cover against this shitty version of Big Blue

Current leans include the following..........

Michigan State +24 @ oregon.........not super impressed with oregon so far this year and a far, far cry from tOSU squad that just beat up mich state......sure, if oregon gets a couple of big breaks/turnovers, they can run this out....but jonathan smith knows Lanning and the duck offense ...I think mich state has enough offensively to stay in touch here

SDSU -3 v. hawaii........nothing great (or event good) about either team, but have seen enough from both to think this line is about 3 or 4 short

Iowa State -13 v. baylor

Utah State +27 @ boise state......boise off the huge win and they aren't a team that is going to get the big plays to extend leads (unless of course, Jeanty just goes crazy)....defense impressed me a bit against wazzzu, but I think Utah State can get some points here.....something like 34-17 feels right

Stanford +6 1/2 v. virginia tech........great spot here and no way techies shold be laying this number on road after the super bowl

Kansas +3 @ arizona state......

Florida -1 v. central florida........don't care how bad Florida has looked, ..UCF completely exposed by Colorado....

Last edited:
3-1 week 5 to get a game over .500.......still down a unit or two due to Apple Cup debacle, but too lazy to go back and calculate

Sooooooooooooo, I told myself that I am going to wait until later in the week and not jump on any plays on Sunday openers.......but, i have played one to start and making a list of early leans

South Alabama -3 1/2 @ arky state........my lone posted loser last week was USA, which was a bad read....too difficult for USA to get things going on the ground and LSU had their way early on offense....Arky State has trouble stopping the run and I think USA gets plenty of points....Arky State miserable and I am not going to give any credit for that backdoor cover against this shitty version of Big Blue

Current leans include the following..........

Michigan State +24 @ oregon.........not super impressed with oregon so far this year and a far, far cry from tOSU squad that just beat up mich state......sure, if oregon gets a couple of big breaks/turnovers, they can run this out....but jonathan smith knows Lanning and the duck offense ...I think mich state has enough offensively to stay in touch here

SDSU -3 v. hawaii........nothing great (or event good) about either team, but have seen enough from both to think this line is about 3 or 4 short

Iowa State -13 v. baylor

Utah State +27 @ boise state......boise off the huge win and they aren't a team that is going to get the big plays to extend leads (unless of course, Jeanty just goes crazy)....defense impressed me a bit against wazzzu, but I think Utah State can get some points here.....something like 34-17 feels right

Stanford +6 1/2 v. virginia tech........great spot here and no way techies shold be laying this number on road after the super bowl

Kansas +3 @ arizona state......

Florida -1 v. central florida........don't care how bad Florida has looked, CFU completely exposed by Colorado....
Perhaps a lookahead by UCF, though?

Perhaps a lookahead by UCF, though?
Could be right......but a conference home game against Prime? Is Florida on the road a bigger game? Maybe, but does that really explain that effort? I watched quite a bit of that game, and that was no fluke imo

Could be right......but a conference home game against Prime? Is Florida on the road a bigger game? Maybe, but does that really explain that effort? I watched quite a bit of that game, and that was no fluke imo
They did beat UF last time they played (2021), so not as big as it would be otherwise. I don’t know.

I don't think UCF is good enough to look ahead to anyone.

That was clearly demonstrated on Saturday. Just a mediocre team, at best.
Florida and UCF are both less than mediocre and I took UCF -14 yesterday. No chance I'm on either, location doesn't matter, Swamp at night is not remotely close to what it once was. It will be a decent watch if you like effort because of the in-state stuff but I don't think Florida is any better than FSU and we see what FSU and UKELELE are. Might be Billy's final straw.

Back