Week 6 Game-by-Game Preview Article

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
GIANTS: Eagles seem to be suffering from Super Bowl hangover, four straight non-covers, lackluster O. Giants’ offense looked much improved last week after Odell voiced criticism. Giants 3-1 L4 ATS against Eagles.

BUCCANEERS: Falcons’ D is ridden with injury, have allowed 37+ points in three straight contests. Jameis gives Tampa Bay a much more stable option at quarterback. He’ll have no problem keeping his team in it.

BENGALS: Steelers offense flowed from rush attack, but Conner is unproven against a run defense that isn’t weak or decimated with injury. Burfict’s return makes strong difference in favor of Bengals’ defense.

BROWNS: Browns D hasn’t allowed more than 21 points at home, rank first in takeaways. Baker can succeed against the Chargers. They rank 24th in opposing passer rating. Browns will win turnover battle.

SEAHAWKS: London game. Carson taking lead role in Seattle O, should have big game against Raiders bottom-ranked run D. Seahawks much improved since MNF vs Bears. Raiders only three road covers since 2017.

DOLPHINS: Dolphins getting disrespected, Bears way overrated after pummeling Fitzjoker at home. No way Trubisky should be favored away. Dolphins D top seven in opp. YPC and opp. passer rating. Take home dog.

CARDINALS: Let-down spot for Vikings after revenge win against Eagles, now heavily favored at home. Cards defense has held its last three opponents below 20 points and enjoys a three-game cover streak.

COLTS: Jets have solid pass D numbers, but have faced Stafford, Tannehill, Taylor, Bortles, Keenum…in other words, nobody. Luck will challenge this secondary. Colts also pose much stronger run D than Denver.

PANTHERS: Skins O has major issues. 18 second-half points all season! They can’t string two good halves together and often look disinterested. They won’t stop balanced Carolina attack in front of „fans."

TEXANS: Spread seems large, but isn’t really. All three Buffalo losses have been by double-digits. Only wins came from Vikings looking ahead and Titans let-down spot. Houston will stay focused and cover.

BRONCOS: Broncos are Jekyll/Hyde depending on whether they’re home or away. In Denver we get the team that nearly beat the Chiefs. Rams D 29th in opp. rush YPC, Denver is run-first with Freeman and Lindsay.

JAGUARS: Don’t worry about big loss to KC. Play-calling was horrendous and numerous goal line chances squandered. Jags won last five games after loss by 20+ points with exception to thorn in side Titans.

TITANS: Titans were in let-down spot last week. Expect them to bounce back. Retooled secondary that ranks 9th in opp. passer rating will limit pass-first Baltimore. Ravens won’t score enough to cover chalk.

PATRIOTS: Pats can gash bottom-ranked Chiefs’ run D with rookie upstart Michel. Don’t forget Brady, whose quick release will obviate Chiefs pass rush. Pats D much more reliable with Chung and Flowers.

49ERS: Big surprise, Rodgers/Packers overvalued at home. This is too many points, don’t trust Packers O to score enough. They rank 20th in points per play. Receivers banged up. Rodgers can’t do it all.

Don’t trust shamus at all, if his coaches did they wouldn’t have started fitzmagic once he was back. I’m sure he put up numbers here but think he make mistakes trying to keep up w atl. Bummer what has happened to atl defense due to injuries but still think it them or nothing at home as bucs defense is ass too and I think falcons can simply outscore them. I still trust Matty ice as a home fav vs most teams, they were -6ish at home vs panthers and now only -3 to Tampa?

Lean Pats but I think they will win because of their offense and Michel (even more so White receiving out of the backfield) as you mentioned, but it won't be because of Chung and Flowers. KC can name their score against this D. The woeful Miami game skews the poor defensive numbers the Patriots have put up. (see also Chester Rogers and a 2nd rate Eric Ebron) Not sure if we will see any punts unless one team can get some pressure on the QB. Just think this is a good spot for them.. I'll be in attendance with Mrs. Capaholic and hopefully we will have a repeat of opening night last season

Lean Pats but I think they will win because of their offense and Michel (even more so White receiving out of the backfield) as you mentioned, but it won't be because of Chung and Flowers. KC can name their score against this D. The woeful Miami game skews the poor defensive numbers the Patriots have put up. (see also Chester Rogers and a 2nd rate Eric Ebron) Not sure if we will see any punts unless one team can get some pressure on the QB. Just think this is a good spot for them.. I'll be in attendance with Mrs. Capaholic and hopefully we will have a repeat of opening night last season

Despite pats defense not being all that good (as of yet anyways) you don’t think hoody will throw some things at mahomes that cause some confusion? I mostly agree kc will move ball at will but think could see some mistakes or at least them getting off the field on key 3rd downs. His track record vs young qbs is really strong.

Despite pats defense not being all that good (as of yet anyways) you don’t think hoody will throw some things at mahomes that cause some confusion? I mostly agree kc will move ball at will but think could see some mistakes or at least them getting off the field on key 3rd downs. His track record vs young qbs is really strong.

Very very true re: young QBs. I think you will see a lot of Kareem Hunt and the jet sweeps, etc to set up comfortable passing situations for Mahomes. Reid is rarely flummoxed by Belichick's schemes and I would think they have been prepping for this one in the scouting department for quite a while. I think coming off Mile High, and the Jags defense, this will pale in comparison challenge wise.

The larger problem is in the injuries for the Chiefs. No Houston this week and no Kpassagnon who would be his backup. They resigned Frank Zombo today off the scrap heap who will prob start at OLB for Houston as 2nd round pick Breeland Speaks is just not ready. No pass rush (even tho Dee Ford leads the league in pressures over Khalil Mack) is going to give Brady way too much time to find the open guys. Not concerned about Edelman or Gordon.. It's Gronk (no Berry) and the RBs catching balls out of the backfield that are going to be a huge issue. As will be slowing down Michel.

So, Jags sign J Charles. Why? They don’t run the ball with the backs they have.

Well we don‘t have anyone without Grant and Fournette. Yeldon. He‘s battling through injury and is supposed to take on all the carries? There‘s one more rb but I keep forgetting his name lol. Gameplan still unbelievably piss poor vs Chiefs. I‘m sure that was just an aberration in Hackett‘s aging brain

shouldn't disqualify the two BUF wins, think they deserve way more credit

Again the close loss vs KC isn't a good reason to like DEN to hang with the best team in the league since Mahomes was rattled for 3 quarters

What was the TEN let-down? OT win, sure but PHI is off to a terrible start and there aren't look-aheads in NFL. I'm rooting for TEN cuz i live in Nashville, but 12 could be enough to cover the road chalk

also think you should be careful with SF, they have no skill players left

Don’t trust shamus at all, if his coaches did they wouldn’t have started fitzmagic once he was back. I’m sure he put up numbers here but think he make mistakes trying to keep up w atl. Bummer what has happened to atl defense due to injuries but still think it them or nothing at home as bucs defense is ass too and I think falcons can simply outscore them. I still trust Matty ice as a home fav vs most teams, they were -6ish at home vs panthers and now only -3 to Tampa?

fine last point, but performance combined with more injuries

fine last point, but performance combined with more injuries

I was thinking they were already really banged up for the panthers game but guess they did lose another starter or 2 in that game (crazy how many injuries they have had on the defensive side). Not all that worried about recent performance cause they still lighting it up on offense other than the game last week but that was to be expected as they never play as well outdoors on grass.

Basically if line is more about recent performances I absolutely like atl, if it based off them being even more banged up than they were in the panther game not as much. Ultimately we have 2 garbage defenses in this one, both offenses have plenty of weapons although I like atl’s a little better cause those backs and emergence of Ridley they have more playmakers. Then of course the qbs where it not even close. Even beat up Still think -3 at home is light considering atl still a place i give the full 3 if not 3.5 for home field and on a neutral I would favor them over this Tampa team.

On almost all of the same sides. I’ll be on New England for one of my biggest plays of the year. Worried about Cincinnati with our history against Pittsburgh but I’ll be taking Cincy -1 for sure. Got a nice number.

shouldn't disqualify the two BUF wins, think they deserve way more credit

Again the close loss vs KC isn't a good reason to like DEN to hang with the best team in the league since Mahomes was rattled for 3 quarters

What was the TEN let-down? OT win, sure but PHI is off to a terrible start and there aren't look-aheads in NFL. I'm rooting for TEN cuz i live in Nashville, but 12 could be enough to cover the road chalk

also think you should be careful with SF, they have no skill players left

Buffalo: 32nd in sacks allowed per game, 32nd in points for, 20th in turnovers, 32nd in yards per pass attempt, 32nd in passer rating differential. All comparable to 2017 Browns. Vikings were deflated after overtime game or looking ahead, thier head wasn't in it. Buffalo sucks.

Titans were on an emotional high, they came down to earth against Buffalo. It's a classic betting scenario.

Gotta check status of Pack receivers

Back